BW OU Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! (Peaked #1)

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

A DW OU Learning Experience by Princess Bri

Dear Smogon, as many of you know me by now, I'm Princess Bri and I'm going to show you the team of mine that reached number one on the Smogon Dream World ladder under the alt "BOOM ITS BRI". This isn't a very hard task for most good players as the ladder is currently sub-par due to the absence of activity on it, though I still believe this is proof to the efficiency of the team. I'll attempt to be as cogent as possible in my examination of the team and the DW Metagame in this RMT. The RMT is mainly for spreading word of DW, and maybe even persuading you to divulge you, yourself to it as it's a very fun metagame. Many people look down upon it because they feel that with threats like Garchomp, Manaphy, and Genesect that DW is basically unplayable and luck based. However, this is very wrong as standard Genesect | Tyranitar | Garchomp | Chandelure | 2 Fillers teams were relatively simple to play against and aren't even unbeatable or "overpowered by any means".​

In my beginning stages of Dream World I proceed to use what I considered to be the most broken Pokemon ever, and it fell into the basic "standard sand" mold containing things like Sash Genesect, (who is insanely good, by the way. Try it out!) Keldeo, and Garchomp. However, I was very underwhelmed with the team's effectiveness as a whole, mainly because mirror matches were such an issue due to this kind of team basically ruling the meta. I, myself am also more of a "bulky-offensive" or "semi-stall" player, which an aggressive Sand team doesn't work with, obviously. Instead of attempting to overpower everything, I began to create a list of Pokemon that, in my opinion, were relevant in the metagame, and became to compose a list of each of their checks and counters. I knew that stall was practically impossible with weather in Dream World, because unlike in Standard OU there are many more Pokemon which gain weather effects. For example, Venusaur is 10x better in Dream World than in standard because he beats both of the pink blobs 1v1 due to the fact he has Giga Drain. Other pokemon like Thundurus, Manaphy, and Garchomp also ruin the idea of weatherless stall, meaning I had to choose a weather. I attempted a Rain Stall, but just like Porii Sames I found myself getting 6-0'd by Manaphy (which is outclassed by Keldeo anyways in my opinion), and Hail is pretty much impossible without Soul Dew Lati@s, so, once again I went back to Sand. Since this was going to be a semi-stall team, I opted to choose the lesser-used sand inducer Hippowdon due to his reliable recovery, and also because I knew that between Skarmory and Hippowdon, practically no physical threats could break through my team. My next Pokemon of choice was obviously Excadrill, because he's my late game sweeper and mid-game spinner, and he also checks a common threat in Dream World which had currently wrecked through my two pokemon of choice at the moment, Thundurus. Next I needed a strong specially defensive Pokemon to tank hits from the likes of the strongest special attakers, namely Latios, Tornadus, and the omnipresent Genesect. At first I attempted Blissey to form SkarmBliss, however I soon found out that getting 6-0'd by a SubCM Chandelure isn't ideal, and Genesect just U-turn's out of Blissey anyways. I tried Jirachi next, as it provided Wish support to my team, but still it fell to both Genesect and Jirachi. So, last but not least, I finally found a Pokemon to do what I needed: Heatran. In Dream World being able to allow one Pokemon to sleep versus Breloom is important, so if a Breloom switches into my Hippowdon, I switch to Skarm, proceeding to double switch into Heatran to tank the spore. Heatran doesn't care about Sleep as much as most Pokemon because he can utilize Protect to basically take a turn away from the sleep making it much less deadly. At this point I looked at the team and found that Stealth Rock and Spikes were direly important to the team's success in battle, meaning I couldn't just let them get spun away easily. Due to this I added the best Spinblocker: Jellicent. Jellicent also checks Reuniclus with Taunt + Shadow Ball who otherwise ploughes my team to da' streets. At this point in time I had 4 Pokemon weak to Breloom's STAB's, and since in Dream World Breloom has access to Technician and is very common, I needed a hard counter. Keldeo could also potentionally sweep me as well. So who else than everyone's favorite mushroom? Being able to Spore, spread status, and hard counter Breloom it was a perfect Elmer's bottle to my team. This was how my team was created, and here's a further look into it. Tl;dr this is my teambuilding process and a partial analysis of the Dream World metagame.​

Please note, at the beginning of my ladder run I used standard sand as I was new to the metagame, but now this is my permanent team, and is probably my best DW team. It's beaten many of the top players on the ladder, namely the RS (insertbadwordshere) kids, and Taylor.​

Under the Microscope..

@

Impish | Sand Stream | Male
248 HP | 252 Def | 8 Spd
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Slack Off | Ice Fang

I must be fond of Hippowdon or something, as I've used him for my Standard OU RMT as well. In all honesty, I don't see why he sees basically no use in the Dream World metagame. This mammoth is able to take on a myriad of physical threats, and together with Skarmory my physically-defensive core is practically unbreakable. Excadrill is one of the few physical attackers without a super-effective that can beat Skarmory somewhat reliably, and Hippowdon beats Excadrill easily once his Balloon is broken. Hippowdon is also my secondary counter to Blaziken who is the most powerful Physical sweeper in the game, and in sun can 2HKO the whole metagame with a Swords Dance under its belt. From experience I've found Dream World is more of a physically-oriented metagame, with the best sweepers being physical such as Breloom, Blaziken, Garchomp, and Excadrill. Special attackers are typically used early-game to open up for these sweepers late-game, such as Chandelure trapping Gliscor for a Garchomp/Excadrill sweep. This means Hippowdon's place on my team is priceless, as he can check several physical threats, and is severely unprepared for. The most important thing Hippowdon does for my team is set up Stealth Rock, which is arguably the most important move in the game. With one of the sturdiest ghosts in the game on my team alongside him, this ensures they'll be up the whole match, causing residual damage aiding the Excadrill sweep late-game. This also aids weather wars, but especially cripples Volcarona, HP Ground versions of which are a particular nuisance to my team. Next is Earthquake, which is extremely useful versus annoying Pokemon such as Jirachi, Genesect switch-ins, etc. The third move Hippowdon has in his arsenal is what makes him the best Sand inducer for this team: Slack Off. Reliable recovery = WINNING. But seriously, he tanks hits so well, can heal them off, and is just so god-status. And last but not least is Ice Fang. I typically use Roar, however this team already has two phazers and I fought that it was never necessary. Ice Fang is crucial to hit Salamence, Garchomp and Dragonite which Roar cannot. It also lures in Breloom and Ice Fangs for decent damage, which is cool too. He's one of two Male Pokemon on my team because he's a man.​

@

Adamant | Sand Rush | Male
252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spd
Swords Dance | Earthquake | Rock Slide | Rapid Spin

Excadrill is probably the second-best physical sweeper in Dream World, with the first being Garchomp. However, unlike Garchomp, Excadrill can play a vital defensive role on my team as a Rapid Spinner, and a very reliable one too as he can switch into most of the common Stealth Rock'rs without fear, such as Tyranitar, and Rapid Spin freely as it fears an Earthquake. For my item choice I chose an Air Balloon for a couple of reasons. First of all, it acts as a pseudo-Garchomp and Excadrill check with the balloon intact, and you can never have enough of those as they have such a high usage in the tier. Secondly, Air Balloon makes Excadrill avoid Spikes damage which is the only hazard really hurting Excadrill as he as a 4x resistance to Stealth Rock. I chose an Adamant nature, simply for more power. I see absolutely zero point in using Jolly.. unless you want to speed tie with other Jolly Excadrill, and that's probably the most pointless thing ever. Excadrill's STAB Earthquake completely decimates shiz, and versus Sun teams I attempt to spam this as much as possible so that Ninetales cannot switch in. Rock Slide is my coverage move of choice for this team, as its needed to revenge kill and hit Volcarona and Thundurus who would become massive nuisances otherwise. Volcarona doesn't see much usage in the Dream World metagame, thankfully, however I still want to have a way to revenge it just in case. Thundurus is very common, especially in rain teams, so it can just NP and spam Thunder. On most teams I prefer Frustration or Return, and I would really wish to use it here, however the massive Thundurus weakness coercions me to do otherwise. Finally we have Rapid Spin, spinning away hazards that could harm my team in any way. I never have to spin away Toxic Spikes though, since one of Amoonguss' main assets is to absorb them. He's the second male on my team because he's da man.​

@

Calm | Flash Fire | Female
248 HP | 252 SDef | 8 Spd
Toxic | Protect | Roar | Lava Plume

Heatran is a key member of this team, as he is one of two Pokemon that status impeding my opponent's Pokemon from causing harm to my own team. Heatran is my Sun "counter" per se, as Sun teams in Dream World typically run Chandelure as their trapper instead of Dugtrio, meaning he's a much more viable counter for these teams. For the EV spread, instead of the typical spread listed on the Smogon site, I learned that Scizor isn't as common in DW due to Genesect's prevalence in the tier, so the Speed EV's are not necessary. The HP EV's listed give Heatran a Leftovers +1 number with a max specially defensive spread for obvious reasons like tanking Draco Meteors and the likes, and finally the 8 speed EV's are for speed creeping other Pokemon in his speed tier, and other Heatran as well. Heatran's special niche in the DW Metagame is the ability to hard-counter Genesect, which is one of the most used Pokemon. The best Genesect can do is Thunderbolt Heatran which does 25-30% maximum, and you just say "Hey metal bug boi, sup, eat my Lava Plume!!!!!!!!!111111111oneonone". The moveset is different than most Defensive Heatran, but it's the most effective for my team. First of all we have Toxic which is for poisoning stuff. The main stuff that Toxic is poisoning is Lati@s, Tyranitar, Politoed, Ninetales, and Breloom switch-ins. Next we have Protect, which scouts Choice'd Pokemon, gets rid of Sleep faster as mentioned earlier, and gives you a free 6.66% health like a devil. Next is Roar, and Heatran is a very good phazer. This gets rid of annoying set-up Sweepers like RainRachi who tries to annoy me, and it also racks up entry hazard damage as well. All of you have felt the power of phazing. Lastly there is Lava Plume, I chose this over Flamethrower because the burn is very nice on most switch-in's, except PO is rigged because Scald always burns and this retarded move never does and they have the same % number. Wtf.​

@

Impish | Sturdy | Female
248 HP | 236 Def | 24 Spd
Spikes| Brave Bird | Whirlwind | Roost

Just like in Standard OU, Skarmory is one of the best Physical walls and one of the best Spiker's there is. He is my go-to bird for most Dragons, as he just uses them as set-up bait. The item chosen was Shed Shell, because Chandelure is big and fat and dumb and fat and dumb. And fat. I believe he's broken, but that's beside the point since the tier leaders have strongly voiced their opinion against banning anything. All ranting aside, Skarmory is my physical wall. Since he's a Physical wall, Impish is the obvious nature. The EV's given minimize Stealth Rock damage, making his HP an odd number, allow him to outspeed Max-Speed Wobbuffet (I ran into quite a few actually, like a triple trapper team, don't laugh) and then the rest is put into Defense to take random physical barrages better. Brave Bird is a necessity so that Skarmory doesn't become Taunt-bait, and also because its needed to hit strong fighters in the tier like ballsy Blaziken thinking I'm set-up bait, or a Bulking up Conkeldurr, but most importantly BRELOOM. The powerhouse. Whirlwind on Skarmory gives my team the most reliable phazing, as he phazes much better than Heatran as he takes on Physical attackers better than Heatran takes on Special Attackers due to his lack of recovery, and it racks up Hazards damage giving Excadrill an easier time late-game. Spikes on this set are pretty obvious on this set, as it weakens my opponent's team and they're almost never spun away because of Jellicent. Even Excadrill has a hard time spinning against it because I can double switch into my own Excadrill and threaten it with Earthquake. Last but not least we have Roost, a necessity on any defensive Pokemon for reliable recovery and an ability to stallmoar. What is there to say really, Skarmory is Skarmory. Utillize him well.​

@

Bold | Water Absorb | Female
252 HP | 216 Def | 40 SDef
Scald | Recover | Shadow Ball | Taunt

Jellicent's place on this team is priceless, as it spinblocks, and is my "stallbreaker" versus opposing stall teams. The EV spread allows for tanking physical hits as well as possible, and the Specially Defensive investment allows Pringles' Special Defense to be just slightly higher than its Defensve so that Genesect gets the Attack boost, making its Thunderbolt do minimal damage. This specially defensive investment also means that it takes Volt Switches from Rotom-W much better. You may have noticed that I do not utilize Will-O-Wisp, and instead use Shadow Ball, which may seem strange, however it is necessary for this team. Not only does Jellicent lure in Lati@s and hit them hard with a Shadow Ball, but with Taunt + Shadow Ball it effectively checks Reuniclus who is problematic. Will-O-Wisp isn't very necessary because I have two other means of status, not to mention the fact that Scald has like a 100% burn rate. Shadow Ball is also cool versus other Jellicent, shutting them down as well. You've already heard this in the RMT tons of times before, but every wall needs reliable recovery so I have Recover. A cool thing about this team is that it can absorb many common types of attacks. Heatran absorbs Fire attacks, Skarmory takes Grounds attacks, Jellicent can tank Water and Fighting-type ones, and Hippowdon is immune to Electric-type attacks. Shadow Ball also lets Jellicent actually hit Keldeo after he's Taunt'd, and can beat him 1v1 if no HP Electric.​

@

Bold | Regenerator | Female
248 HP | 216 Def | 40 SDef | 4 Spd
Spore | Giga Drain | Hidden Power Ice | Stun Spore

Amoonguss completes my team, and to be quite honest he's the glue to the team, and also the MVP. He's massively underrated, yet he's very "anti-meta". First of all, he can Spore. I mean seriously now, that's a broken move. Secondly he beats two major threats to my team, namely Keldeo and Breloom. Yarly he's a boss. Thirdly he can use Stun Spore. Now I've never ran into an opposing Stun Sporing Amoonguss which makes mine very unexpected (well not now I guess, but lol). The best thing to do is to go for the immediate Spore and decapitate a Pokemon on the opposing team the whole match, and next you Stun Spore. Assuming it hits, you just crippled two Pokemon, and the second one is commonly and Blaziken or Excadrill feeling free to switch-in and they get paralyzed. What really makes Amoonguss great though is Regenerator, his Dream World ability, allowing him to get a free 1/3 HP back when he switches out. I abuse that a lot, and if you try my team you should too. Hidden Power Ice finishes the coverage, allowing me to hit Breloom and Dragons. I've been meaning to test out HP Fire, but never got around to it and I just stuck with HP Ice. Giga Drain is the STAB move of choice, giving me more recovery and just hitting bulky waters and stuff. The EV spread allows me to speed creep 0 speed Amoonguss and Reuniclus and proceed to spore them, and it also gives Amoonguss a hazards number. Also, its spread prevents a +1 Keldeo from ever 2HKO'ing him with HP Ice. Shed Shell is used so I don't become Chandelure bait.​

I hoped you enjoyed my RMT and partial DW analysis. I hope it wasn't too much of a tl;dr, though it probably was, but I just want to advertise how much fun DW is and how it is a legitimate tier. The "OP'd" threats lose much effectiveness with team preview when you know what to prepare for, and DW deserves more activity than what it has recieved. Here's my importable if you wish to test out the Dream World metagame, and I hope you enjoyed my RMT. This will be my last RMT for a while as I probably won't post another one until Smogon Tour is over. Thank you.​

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar​

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin​

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar
- Lava Plume​

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost​

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt​

Amoonguss (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stun Spore​

Code:
Offensive Threats

[IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/386-speed.png[/IMG] Deoxys-S: 
[LIST]
[*]Focus Sash - Jellicent can just Taunt it and Shadow Ball it to death.  Excadrill can Spin away rocks.  Hippowdon can Earthquake it.  Not that problematic
[*]Offensive - Jellicent can Shadow Ball, Excadrill outspeeds and can EQ.  Heatran can tank a Superpower and Lava Plume.
[*]Dual Screens - Haven't met one, but I could just Shadow Ball for the 2HKO as he Taunts and then sets up Light Screen.
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/497.png[/IMG] Serperior: 
[LIST]
[*]Sub Seed - Heatran says hi.
[*]Choice - Heatran says hi.
[/LIST] [IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/160.png[/IMG] Feraligatr: 
[LIST]
[*]Swords Dance - If it has SD it doesn't have Crunch, so Jellicent counters it well.
[*]Dragon Dance - Tricky, but Skarmory's a good check.  Keep sand up!
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/106.png[/IMG] Hitmonlee: 
[LIST]
[*]Unburden - Pretty much everything on my team beats it.
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/214.png[/IMG] Heracross: 
[LIST]
[*]Guts Abuse - Lol, between Skarmory, Pringles, and Hippowdon it's covered well..
[*]Choice Band / Choice Scarf - ^^^^^
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/248.png[/IMG] Tyranitar: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Band - Skarmory walls.
[*]Choice Scarf - Skarmory walls.  Hippowdon walls.
[*]Dragon Dance - Skarmory walls.  Hippowdon walls.
[*]Support -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/479-wash.png[/IMG] Rotom-W: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Scarf / Specs - Amoonguss just laughs at Rotom-W.
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/212.png[/IMG] Scizor: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Band - I have three solid counters, Hippowdon, Jellicent, and Skarmory.  Heatran can OHKO it, too.
[*]Swords Dance - Read above^
[*]Bulky Swords Dance - Read above^
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/149.png[/IMG] Dragonite: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Band -
[*]Dragon Dance -
[*]Mixed -
[*]Parashuffler -
[*]Rain Abuser -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/186.png[/IMG] Politoed: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Specs / Scarf -
[*]3 Attacks -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/485.png[/IMG] Heatran: 
[LIST]
[*]Standard -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/385.png[/IMG] Jirachi: 
[LIST]
[*]Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind -
[*]Offensive Expert Belt -
[*]Choice Scarf -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/381.png[/IMG] Latios: 
[LIST]
[*]Life Orb -
[*]Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -
[*]Calm Mind -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/579.png[/IMG] Reuniclus: 
[LIST]
[*]Calm Mind -
[*]Offensive Trick Room -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/612.png[/IMG] Haxorus: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Scarf / Choice Band -
[*]Dragon Dance -
[*]Double Dance -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/38.png[/IMG] Ninetales: 
[LIST]
[*]Nasty Plot -
[*]Choice Specs -
[*]Special Attacker -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/534.png[/IMG] Conkeldurr: 
[LIST]
[*]Bulk Up -
[*]Sub + Punch -
[*]Flame Orb + 3 Attacks -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/135.png[/IMG] Jolteon: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Specs -
[*]Offensive -
[*]Baton Pass -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/490.png[/IMG] Manaphy: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive Tail Glow  -
[*]Bulky Tail Glow -
[*]Offensive Calm Mind -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/642.png[/IMG] Thundurus: 
[LIST]
[*]Nasty Plot -
[*]Prankster -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/145.png[/IMG] Zapdos: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/251.png[/IMG] Celebi: 
[LIST]
[*]Nasty Plot Sweeper -
[*]Tinkerbell -
[*]Choice Scarf -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/639.png[/IMG] Terrakion: 
[LIST]
[*]Double Dance -
[*]Subsitute + Swords Dance -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/130.png[/IMG] Gyarados: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance -
[*]Choice Scarf -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/94.png[/IMG] Gengar: 
[LIST]
[*]Substitute + Disable / Pain Split -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/121.png[/IMG] Starmie: 
[LIST]
[*]Life Orb -
[*]Rapid Spin -
[*]Choice Specs -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/645.png[/IMG] Landorus: 
[LIST]
[*]Rock Polish / Swords Dance -
[*]Choice Scarf -
[*]Substitute + 3 Attacks -
[*]Sheer Force -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/392.png[/IMG] Infernape: 
[LIST]
[*]Mixed Attacker -
[*]Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster -
[*]Choice Band -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/637.png[/IMG] Volcarona: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive Quiver Dance -
[*]Bulky Quiver Dance -
[*]Chesto Rest -
[*]Substitute -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/462.png[/IMG] Magnezone: 
[LIST]
[*]Substitute -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/196.png[/IMG] Espeon: 
[LIST]
[*]Calm Mind -
[*]Bulky Sun Attacker -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/373.png[/IMG] Salamence: 
[LIST]
[*]Dragon Dance -
[*]Mixed -
[*]Defensive -
[*]Choice Scarf -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/635.png[/IMG] Hydreigon: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive -
[*]Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
[*]Substitute + 3 Attacks-
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/286.png[/IMG] Breloom: 
[LIST]
[*]Swords Dance -
[*]Sub Punch -
[*]Sub Seed -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/380.png[/IMG] Latias: 
[LIST]
[*]Calm Mind -
[*]Offensive -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/454.png[/IMG] Toxicroak: 
[LIST]
[*]Swords Dance -
[*]Bulk Up -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/448.png[/IMG] Lucario: 
[LIST]
[*]Swords Dance -
[*]Nasty Plot -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/640.png[/IMG] Virizion: 
[LIST]
[*]Calm Mind -
[*]Swords Dance -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/560.png[/IMG] Scrafty: 
[LIST]
[*]Dragon Dance -
[*]Bulk Up -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/3.png[/IMG] Venusaur: 
[LIST]
[*]Special Growth -
[*]Mixed Growth -
[*]SubSeed -
[*]All-Out Attacker -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/376.png[/IMG] Metagross: 
[LIST]
[*]Stealth Rock -
[*]Agility -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/620.png[/IMG] Mienshao: 
[LIST]
[*]All-Out Attacker -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/91.png[/IMG] Cloyster: 
[LIST]
[*]Shell Smash -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/473.png[/IMG] Mamoswine: 
[LIST]
[*]Physical Attacker -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/65.png[/IMG] Alakazam: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive -
[*]Sub + 3 Attacks -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/641.png[/IMG] Tornadus: 
[LIST]
[*]Rain Abuser -
[*]Choice Specs Tornados -
[*]Bulk Up -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/647.png[/IMG] Keldeo: 
[LIST]
[*]Calm Mind -
[*]Choice Specs -
[*]Sub + Calm Mind -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/530.png[/IMG] Excadrill: 
[LIST]
[*]Swords Dance -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/445.png[/IMG] Garchomp: 
[LIST]
[*]Sub + Swords Dance -
[*]Offensive Swords Dance -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/461.png[/IMG] Weavile: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive -
[*]Swords Dance -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/243.png[/IMG] Raikou: 
[LIST]
[*]Subsitute + Calm Mind -
[*]Offensive Calm Mind -
[*]Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/609.png[/IMG] Chandelure: 
[LIST]
[*]Substitute + Calm Mind -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/395.png[/IMG] Empoleon: 
[LIST]
[*]Agility + 3 Attacks -
[*]Choice Specs -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/623.png[/IMG] Golurk: 
[LIST]
[*]Rock Polish + 3 Attacks -
[*]Choice Band -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/51.png[/IMG] Dugtrio: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Band -
[*]Focus Sash -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/132.png[/IMG] Ditto: 
[LIST]
[*]Choice Scarf -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/494.png[/IMG] Victini: 
[LIST]
[*]Mixed Wallbreaker -
[*]Offensive -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/245.png[/IMG] Suicune: 
[LIST]
[*]Offensive Calm Mind -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/472.png[/IMG] Gliscor: 
[LIST]
[*]Swords Dance -
[*]Acrobat -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/649-burn.png[/IMG] Genesect: 
[LIST]
[*]All-Out Attacker -
[*]Focus Sash -
[*]Rock Polish + 3 Attacks -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/257.png[/IMG] Blaziken: 
[LIST]
[*]Swords Dance -
[*]Offensive Baton Pass -
[*]Mixed Attacker -
[/LIST][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/648.png[/IMG][B]|[/B][IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/648-pirouette.png[/IMG] Meloetta / Meloetta-P: 
[LIST]
[*]Bulky Calm Mind -
[*]Stallbreaker -
[/LIST]

Just wow..... I was gonna say that Heatran is troll then i seen your shed shell skarmory, Hippo without roar wtf u sexy troll, amonguss in general(clear smog no good in your team?), jelly is jelly and exa whos like sup chansey/blissey sdance ggnore.
Awesome team Bri really pr0!!

Where you referencing Dream Theater, by any chance?

Cool team, Glad to see Hippowdon here, I never could figure out how to use TTar...

My only thing I would change is removing the part about Chandelure being fat and dumb. You might hurt its feelings. :)

Say hello to NP celebi. At +2 with earth power and HP fire Ur screwed. And you have nothing to hit it hard. I recommend latias over amoonguss to fix that weakness

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
been on the losing and winning end of this team but it has pushed above its weight in a tier where one might be skeptical of stall; at least you know how to use it, and well. there may be one or two weaknesses though for the most part of dream world its been built to suit the metagame.

as a last resort, if bri keeps shed shell skarm healthy then celebi is prone to excadrill after one brave bird.

life orb hi jump kick at +2 does how much to hippowdon again?

edit: grats on #1 :X

Quite a solid team, Bri! I see most major threats like Genesect, Blaziken, Garchomp and Chandelure (Shed Shell ftw!) are covered. I also love the idea of Stall (especially a very solid one) in a metagame full of offensive behemoths.

The only problematic pokes that I see atm is RainRachi and RainNite. Rachi can Sub up and potentially dent your phazers with Water Pulse and Thunder and while Amoonguss can wall it, it can't do much back. The same can be said about RainNite with its combination of Hurricane, Surf and Thunder being able to hit all 6 of your pokes for a good amount of damage. I'd suggest a Gastro over your Jellicent but I fear that would do more harm than good.

Once again, Sexy team! Hope you don't mind if I "test run" it a bit ;D <3

i'm not much of a dw player but it looks like np + earth and hp fire celebi can really screw you over, as hippo is set-up fodder and any damage cele takes can be healed off by +2 giga drains. i think excadrill can drop swords dance for x-scissor; since it's a stall team, checking threats is more important than having a late-game sweeper. all the hazards you have going for you mean that you probably won't need a boost to clean up late-game. it's at least worth trying. really cool team grats on #1 ilu

i'm not much of a dw player but it looks like np + earth and hp fire celebi can really screw you over, as hippo is set-up fodder and any damage cele takes can be healed off by +2 giga drains. i think excadrill can drop swords dance for x-scissor; since it's a stall team, checking threats is more important than having a late-game sweeper. all the hazards you have going for you mean that you probably won't need a boost to clean up late-game. it's at least worth trying. really cool team grats on #1 ilu
You're right, NP Celebi sweeps me, however I'd lose my main sweeper and NP Celebi is nonexistent in DW due to the presence of Chandelure and Genesect. Ily too!

Excellent team Bri. Good thing your not in the DW OU tourney!
Teams that are running both Keldeo and Chandelure seem like they can be problematic. Chandelure takes down Jellicent and if you have already put something to sleep with Amoongus, Keldeo can set up all over you. One solution could be to run clear smog over Stun Spore on your Amoongus. Clear Smog ignores the Calm Mind boost, and makes your Amoongus a better counter to Keldeo.

Great team!

Other minor things like running WoW over Shadow Ball on Jellicent, but that's mainly personal preference.

Excellent team Bri. Good thing your not in the DW OU tourney!
Teams that are running both Keldeo and Chandelure seem like they can be problematic. Chandelure takes down Jellicent and if you have already put something to sleep with Amoongus, Keldeo can set up all over you. One solution could be to run clear smog over Stun Spore on your Amoongus. Clear Smog ignores the Calm Mind boost, and makes your Amoongus a better counter to Keldeo.

Great team!

Other minor things like running WoW over Shadow Ball on Jellicent, but that's mainly personal preference.
I don't see how Clear Smog is any better than Stun Spore. I'd much rather cripple Keldeo and regain health via Giga Drain than get rid of its boosts and still being outsped... Clear Smog's usefulness is really only in Serperior which Heatran stomps on.

I also explained why I chose Shadow Ball.

And also,

252 SpAtk Chandelure Shadow Ball vs 252 HP/40 SpDef Jellicent: 71.29% - 84.65%
It also cannot switch in.

Have a nice day.

Gimmick

Electric potential
I don't see how Clear Smog is any better than Stun Spore. I'd much rather cripple Keldeo and regain health via Giga Drain than get rid of its boosts and still being outsped... Clear Smog's usefulness is really only in Serperior which Heatran stomps on.

HP Ground Serp lolololololololol.

Also
Princess Bri said:
It's beaten many of the top players on the ladder, namely the RS (insertbadwordshere) kids, and Taylor.
Wow.

Anyway, the team looks solid and all, but I can see some problems with CM Reunliclus. Even though you can come in on Reuniclus and Taunt with Jellicent, a +1 Psychic will do 40.35% - 47.77%. If Jellicent is gone, you lose if something else is spored. Although that is Theorymonning, it's not hard to lose something in DW weak to Chandelure's STAB (even though it doesn't OHKO). Other than that and NP Celebi, it looks like a pretty solid team with few holes. Good job on 1st too.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Well, Dice, you've outdone yourself once again. This is an excellent team by anyone's standards, and I feel like you've beaten me with it before...

One thing you failed to mention, though, is that you used my style of RMT layout!

I want recognition hoe.

Well, Dice, you've outdone yourself once again. This is an excellent team by anyone's standards, and I feel like you've beaten me with it before...

One thing you failed to mention, though, is that you used my style of RMT layout!

I want recognition hoe.
I have. And okay. This is your layout.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there Princess Bri, excellent team and sorry I wasn't able to rate it earlier.

Anyways I can see CM Reuniclus as a pretty big threat, if it's the last Pokemon on your opponents team and it's up against either Hippowdon, Skarmory, or Heatran. In addition to that, it can also simply tear apart your team slowly, as it can constinently come in on Heatran and hurt it with Focus Blast, which could possibly open up a sweep for another Pokemon. The same is the case with Skarmory, as Reuniclus will often force you in the corner of Recovering or Phazing it after it damages one of your walls, and while the latter choice is usually the better one, this can easily open up sweeps for other Pokemon; Hippowdon is outright set up on. If Reuniclus is the last Pokemon and it comes out against either Heatran, Hippowdon or Skarmory, then it will sweep almost every time, given that Excadrill is OHKO'd at +1 and no combination of your moves can 2HKO it at +1, since Jellicent's Shadow Ball is only doing 27.59% - 32.55% to +1 Reuniclus, while Reuniclus is doing 40.35% - 47.77% with Psychic, so you'll eventually have to Recover soon after, plus you run into the paradox of attacking or taunting. I can also see CM Manaphy being somewhat problematic if you happen to use the weather war, as it will be outspeeding Excadrill, so you can't KO it with Earthquake, and it will also be able to shrug off Amoognuss's Spore, which is your main means of beating it outside of Rain. Additionally, while Jellicent is answer to most rain abusers and water types, it can't really touch CM Manaphy at all and even if it had a status move, it still couldn't thanks to Hydration. Anyways, I think you can get of these problems fairly easily by using a Defensive Perish Song Celebi over your Amoongus. Defensive Perish Song Celebi gives you an additional check to rain and also stops the aforementioned threats cold, thanks to Perish Song and the natural resistances that its typing gives it. EVs are directly from Ojama's RMT, as I'm sure you're probably aware, so I'm not sure exactly what they do, so feel free to play around with them.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 148 SDef / 44 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- U-turn / HP Fire
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Aside from that, there isn't much else; this is a really well-built team and I'm glad to see stall can do well in DW OU :'). You could potentially put Stealth Rock on Heatran over Protect to free up a spot on Hippowdon for Roar, since in my experience, Tran generally has an easier time getting rocks up and Roar can prove really helpful in phazing stuff like Conkeldurr or Scizor out if the need ever arises. GL~

Woow

Hey dude, nice team. But I have 2 doubts, 1.- Can Excadrill be use on Dream World OU?,
2.- If not, can you make a sand team without him?, I hope u can answer me, thanks. :naughty:

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yes, Excadrill is legal in DW OU as are many other Uber Pokemon in OU such as Blaziken and Garchomp.
Anyway, fantastic team bri, luvdisced!

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This team is incredibly well built, and I praise you on taking a stall team to the top of the ladder in a metagame that is built on offensive behemoths with weather boosts. Having only played this team a couple times, both being close matches, there isn't a whole lot I could suggest. Manaphy can deal quite a bit of damage if hippo is gone and rain is up, although that @$&%#%#* Amoongus can hold its own.

Grats on #1, well done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)