Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Actual challange:

RWZB, you get Tech the Scyther. Now, Tech lsn't the strongest Scyther in the world, but s/he makes do with what they've got. So, it can only have one move over 60 BP, and s/he can't use it unless all their other moves were used in the battle. But, since Tech isn't the strongest Scyther around, s/he gets weakened when using that move consistently, so s/he can only use it once every four battles. To evolve into a Scizor, s/he needs to solo Chuck, and to get over her little BP issue, s/he must solo Karen, [who will teach Tech a few new tricks.]-Just added the parentheses.

Have fun.~

._. Fail French translation ftl. :D I wanna learn how to speak French. O_O

Edit: Wooo, 100th post in the Scramble thread! :3

You do realize that is proper french right? Google translate translates things LITERALLY, even though I don;t take french I know that Goggle got it wrong.

Part 4 of my Platinum challange!

The challange
Part #1
Part #2
Part #3

The story:
After defeating Fantina I realize that I need to kick it into high-gear if I want to catch up with Roy. I asked around town where would be a good place to go next and I was told that there was a Gym in Veilstone City. Somebody suggested to go to Solaceon town to check out the ruins, I figured it was on the way to Veilstone and I might meet a new teammate or two.

I walk right through Route 209 with no resistance from the trainers in the area. It seems that the people in these parts like to carry only baby Pokemon with them. How odd. When I do reach Solaceon Town, I learn that Roy was one step ahead of me. Dammit! How does he manage to be so quick?! After throwing a fit, a lady decided to give me some decorative seals to put on my Pokeball. I was never into art, but I figure that my Pokemon would appreciate some nice designs on their capsules.

I wander around town for awhile and learned that there was some interesting items in the Ruins. When I entered the Ruins there was a sign on the wall that looked like it had been written by somebody with dyslexia, it turned out to be directions to the room with all the items in it. In the room was a HM, Defog, and a Mind Plate. I gave the Mind Plate to Calm to boost her Psychic abilities.

After saying my goodbyes, I leave the quaint little town and head onto Route 210. I come across a little shop that sells Moomoo Milk. I love milk, so I bought 2 dozen bottles. For some reason, the patrons of the shop challenged me to numerous battles, all of which I won. I leave the shop, feeling adventurous, so I plan to go north towards Celestic town, but it seems a bunch of Psyduck thought it would be a good idea to take a nap in the middle of the road. Oh well, I'll just stick with my original plan and follow Route 215 to Veilstone City.

While traveling on Route 215, Fierce managed to train enough to evolve into a Staraptor!
Note to self: Fierce is amazing. After clearing out Route 215, I go towards the Gym in Veilstone. I met up with Dawn and she tells me that there is a Department Store in town, I decide to check that out later. As I'm talking to Dawn, a fat, topless man comes out of the Gym and is singing to himself. He tells me that the Gym leader, Maylene is a tough one. He also tells me that he is a Gym leader himself, I'm doubtful of that. Anyway, I learn that the Gym is focused on Fighting-Types, I laugh for a minute thinking of how easy this should be, I mean I have 2 Psychic-Types and a Flying-Type. This should be a piece of cake! It turns out that the cake is a lie.

I intend to start the battle with Fierce, but he refused to battle because he really admires Maylene and her fighting spirit. So I start with Calm instead.

-As I lead with Calm, Maylene led with her Meditite.
-Calm became enveloped in fury, after all, she was exiled by her fellow Meditites.
-Meditite use Fake Out and Calm flinched. This is not starting off well.
-I use a potion to get Calm back up to full health and Meditite missed with Rock Tomb.
-Calm used Calm mind 3 times while her Meditite brings Calm down to about 1/3 HP left.
-I used a Super Potion on Calm while Meditite does pathetic damage with Confusion.
-Calm used Calm Mind 3 more times and heals with another Super Potion.
-Calm used Confusion, bringing her Meditite into to practically no HP and confused it, but it was holding on by a thread and managed to get a Critical Hit on Calm.
-I use a potion every time Meditite attacks so it would eventually knock it self out in confusion.
-That plan did not fall through and Calm used Confusion after Meditite missed with Rock Tomb again.
-Maylene sent in her Machoke.
-Machoke used Focus Energy for some reason and then was immediatly knocked out by a Confusion delivered by Calm
-Maylene sent in her Lucario.
-Lucario used Force Palm to bring Calm to 2/3 HP, Calm used Confusion to bring Lucario to 2/3 HP.
-Lucario used Metal Claw, but luckily it missed and Calm used Confusion and brought Lucario to low HP, but it healed using a Sitrus Berry.
-Lucario used Metal Claw, bringing Calm down to, I'm not even exaggerating, 1 HP. Calm used Confusion and knocked out Lucario.

Maylene gave me the Cobble Badge for my hard fought victory.

The team:
Listed MVP through LVP.

Fierce the Staraptor: Level 35.
-Close Combat
-Fly
-Aerial Ace
-Return
Fierce is still pummeling his opponents.

Calm the Meditite: Level 29.
-Confusion
-Calm Mind
-Detect (Unusable)
-Hidden Power (Dragon)
Calm really has shown her abilities lately. Being able to single-handedly take down Maylene was really impressive. She is starting to grow on me.

Ambiguous the Ralts: Level 28.
-Thief
-Grass Knot (Unusable)
-Double Team
-Confusion (Unusable)
Ambiguous really doesn't get to battle much. I try to keep her away from battle unless necessary because she does so little damage with her Physical Attacks. I'll try to find a good role for her.

Feedback is appreciated!

@RWZB: I should have made Tech much, much, much harder for you, as payback for that damn Shuckle of yours. -.- But I'll relent. :|

And woohoo, Calm! Soloing Maylene without even needing to, due to the Meditite!^^ I totally forgot Maylene even had a Meditite, hahaha. Very nice update, Hwang, glad to see Calm is doing good for you! :D

Alright, you made me.

I'm restarting my Diamond Scramble, since Random was way too trolly, considering that it kept pulling Explosions and Mementos.

-Hard difficulty, but not tedious (solo 100 Starly or something)
-I will have a list of certain things: banned, restricted, and required.
-Only 4 gyms may be soloed.
-One scramblemon may only solo one gym.
-NO TRADES.

-Legendaries.
-Metronome.
-Pokemon that can't evolve.
-Impossible solos (soloing Cynthia's Garchomp using a level 60 Rampardos using only Ancientpower or something like that.)
-Mono-Electric Pachirisu.
-Pokemon that cannot use items.

-A Pokemon that may evolve, but never become FE.
-Wurmple, Krickitot, Burmy, Combee, Magikarp.
-Any Pokemon with a <5% encounter rate.
-Feebas.
-Elite Four solos.

-Starter.
-Early-game Pokemon (Starly, Shinx,)
-Pokemon that can learn at least one HM.

1 hour placeholders. Fire away!

AOPS, you get Calm the Meditite. This particular Meditite was a pacifist, not liking the rough Fighting styles of its' brethren Metitite and Medicham. Because of this, it refuses to use any Physical attacks or Fighting attacks, renouncing its' Fighting type and choosing to focus solely on its' Psychic background instead. Because of its' refusal to conform to the Meditite way, the other Meditite and Medicham ganged up on it and nearly killed it before leaving it for dead. Slowly recovering in solitude, Calm gained an intense hatred for its' own kind. So, if you see any Trainer-owned OR wild Meditite or Medicham, Calm goes into an uncharacteristic fury, refusing to switch out or run from the battle until it drops or until the enemy's party is wiped out. After these bursts of immense rage, Calm refuses to battle until it heals at a Pokemon Center, wanting to wash the wounds of shame off. And finally, since its' name is Calm, it must always have Calm Mind on its' moveset once it learns it. To evolve, it must solo Maylene & Byron, to show that even without Fighting-typed moves, it can be strong. Enjoy.

Hm.. Fine, it'll solo Maylene, since one of its' quirks is it'll go into a fury if seeing any Meditite/Medicham due to being attacked by its' old clan and nearly killed. And since Maylene has a Meditite, Calm has to battle in that battle until s/he drops or wins, so might as well make it a solo. Hint: If you get HP Fighting, you can't use. :3

Reserving a Geodude for AOPSUser. Are you able to trade to evolve?

Edit: Posting the Geodude in a new post, since a lot of people have posted since this one.

AOPSUser, take 1hit1der, or simply Wonder, the Chimchar.
This Chimchar likes to blast away foes in one go.
As such, it can only use STAB moves if the move has full PP.

It must solo every trainer in a gym (Not including the gym leader) to evolve. (Both times)
Good luck!

AOP, you shall have Death the Ghost of revenge.

Death is a Drifloon and is an angry one too. In fact, Death is soooooo angry that it must Learn and keep Frustration ASAP.

Why is Drifloon so angry? Drifloon is the reincarnated Random that you killed in your restarting process!! As such, normal types and anything that evolves into or from them cannot be battled by Death. Anyway, back to Frustration, once you learn it, it must use it first against each Pokemon the it battles against.

It's ability must be Aftermath to remind you of the aftermath of your rejection to use Metronome!!

Drifloon also wants Payback for calling Metronome "Trollish"!!

Evolve Drifloon after it's solo of Crasher Wake.

When it vents it's anger there, it feels that it can rest in piece. Shadow Ball can be taught if you manage to feed it 5 rare Candies. If you refuse to feed it the candies, it will keep Ominous Wind instead.

If you feed it those Candies, then It learns that those Candies were actually steroids and it wants to Fly away again!!

If you dont feed it those candies, it feels like a failure and must learn Explosion and commit suicide each time it gets into the red HP.

Had fun......I guess >.>

Still need a starter for my White Scramble, found here.
It's gotta be either Tepig or Oshawott.
No hurry, though, as I won't start it until HeartGold is finished and I'm currently struggling to figure out how to solo Silver's Zubat, Gastly, and Quilava with a bloody Chikorita.

Endquote, I have my idea back!!! Reserving Oshawott!!

Take Holy the Oshawott.

Holy is a priest and need the proper tools to battle Demons.
1). Holy Water [Scald]
2). Stake [Megahorn]
3). Burial [Dig]
4). Holy Light [Protect]

What are these Demons? They are the accursed Dark, Ghost, and Fire types!! Solo them unless they interfere with a solo!!

Select either the Ghost or Dark E4 member and solo him/her as they sold their souls to the devil!! You can even solo both if you desire, but is not mandatory.

If a Pokemon EVER uses Curse, Holy must switch in and purify it with it's powers!! It must hold the Holy [Mystic] Water at all times!! Solo the dragon gum as the devil is said to bA a great dragon!!

Have fun and good luck!!!

AOPSUser, take a Geodude called Kaboom.

You probably saw it coming, but since you quit your previous challange to random Explosions, why not punish that with near-guaranteed Explosions instead? ;)

Kaboom must learn Selfdestruct. This move must be replaced by Explosion when possible, which itself can never be forgotten.

Kaboom was always, how shall I put it... temperamental. If something doesn't go his way, he explodes... literally. If Kaboom falls into yellow or lower HP, or if he is statused, his next move must be Selfdestruct/Explosion.

At first, you put off the problem, thinking he'll calm down with training, but the issue never really resolves itself. After the first time Kaboom uses Explosion due to the previous restriction, you decide enough is enough and sign him up for treatment.

Kaboom's anger issues can be cured in a number of different ways:

Kaboom must be put to sleep by the move Hypnosis and stay in battle until woken up a total of five times.

Kaboom must talk about his problems - use Sleep Talk a total of ten times with an official counsellor (i.e. Gym Leader). Sleep Talk doesn't have to have any effect to count as a use, but if he faints then his count is reset to what it was before the battle, minus one.

Kaboom must learn and keep Rock Smash and Focus Punch (you can forget them again if you give up on this cure method). Solo a Galactic Leader, bearing in mind he'll still explode if under pressure...

Once any one of these has been completed, Kaboom has been cured of his anger. He may evolve into Graveler and must now forget Explosion. His restrictions as a Graveler depend on the chosen cure:

Rename him Homeopath. Homeopath must learn and keep Rest and Return. If Homeopath falls into yellow or lower HP, his next move must be Rest. He may only be woken by either staying in battle until waking naturally, using the item Heal Powder or healing at a Pokémon Centre.

Rename him ZenMaster. ZenMaster may only have up to two attacking moves, and must learn and keep Protect. ZenMaster must use Protect every other turn, starting with the first.

Rename him Activist. He wants to keep his training up, so have him learn a new battle technique. This can be any of Double-Edge, Hidden Power, Brick Break, Double Team, Secret Power, Endure, Strength or Rock Climb. Activist likes to demonstrate his wide array of techniques, so is now always under the effects of Torment.

Summary:
Kaboom the Geodude
- Must learn and keep Selfdestruct. Must replace Selfdestruct with Explosion when possible.
- If Kaboom falls into yellow or lower HP, or if he is statused, his next move must be Selfdestruct/Explosion.
- To evolve, must be cured of his anger problems using one of Hypnotherapy, Counselling or a Hobby, as described above.
- As a Graveler, must forget Explosion. His name and restrictions change depending on the method of curing used, as described above.

Explosion is awesome, don't deny it. <3

King Serperior is accepted.
Much obliged, mate.

I just need one more, and Gamer4000 has that reservation until 5:11 tomorrow.
Types remaining: Normal, Fire, Electric, Ice, Fighting, Ground, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Dark, or Steel.
If it could solo Brycen and Burgh, I'd be eternally grateful.

@KS: Hahaha, nice Challange, and holy shit, it works! Since Vengeance the Yamask is the warped, psychotic soul of an evil Team Rocket member, she has even more of a reason to stay away from her 'teammates' or she'll get purged~ :P Also, Holy can't solo Shauntal due to Vengeance getting that honor, so Grimsely will feel the holy Wrath of the Oshawott priest!

EDIT: And also, for RWZB, if your first Scyther found doesn't have Technician, TOO BAD FOR YOU. You may get lucky, you may not. Either way, it'll make things for ya interesting. Technician-boosted moves, or no Technician-boosted moves and a wonderful ability that boosts Bug Bite if below 1/3rd health. :D

Mhmm, I plan on updating soon enough. I like keeping my audience in suspense~ You wanna see how Twilight's doing? She is a very solemn Gastly, never smiling like her kind is so known to do. It'll sure look odd when she finally becomes a Gengar. The first not-smiling Gengar. o_o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)