Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I started my first Nuzlocke ever on Emerald! I just beat Wattson...here is my team:

Tempo (Marshtomp) Lv26
Sumi (Hariyama) Lv25
Colleen (Swellow) Lv24

No casualties so far! I've been lucky and my team works together very well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I got my arse handed to me by cress my woefully under leveled team of lv. 10s got owned
Nibbles the patrat was killed by a plus 2 crit tackle
same for oinky
that just left weedo the pasage to go on
panpour owned me if weedo hadn't of had an attack - nature i would of won
oh god im a horrible trainer :(((((((((((

Chapter 4: A New Partner
I unclip the Poke Ball containing Maelstrom from my belt, press the button, and toss it up into the air.
“Go, Maelstrom!” I yell.
“Pippi, Piplup!” it squeaks. It looks with its huge brown eyes, and says, What is it this time?
“Maelstrom,” I begin. “We are about to embark on a remarkable quest. We’ll face fun times, but also hardships. Are you willing to help me?”
Sure, why not? I could use some oversized punching bags to let off some steam.
“Perfect,” I say. “Now, we’re gonna see if we can catch another Pokemon, okay?”
You have me, don’t you? What more do you need?
“Just do what I say and don’t kill it.”
Yeah, whatever.
“Okay,” I mutter. I take a breath and step into the tall grass. Almost immediately, a wild Starly appears.
“Yes!” I say. Starly was exactly the Pokemon I needed to beat Barry’s Turtwig, as I wasn’t prepared to risk using Maelstrom against it now that it would inevitably know Grass moves. “Maelstrom, use Pound, but restrain yourself! Don’t kill it!” I reminded him.
Maelstrom gave what looked like a nod, then waddled towards the Starly and unleashed its fury. Soon, the Starly looked like it would faint any moment, and having not even laid a blow on Maelstrom, I knew it was time for a Poke Ball. “Maelstrom, get back!”
Maelstrom vanished in a shower of light as it returned to its ball. Then I grabbed a new ball from my pack and lobbed it at the Starly. I watched as it twitched back and forth once, twice…
…the Starly broke out.
Okay, I still got this, I thought. The Starly seemed determined and strong-willed. That could come in handy with future challenges. Still resolved not to let it escape, I threw another Poke Ball at it and hoped it would stay in…
One…
Two…
Three…
The Poke Ball gave a faint click and I knew that Starly was caught. I breathed a sigh of relief. In my pack, I heard my Pokedex beep and an automated voice say:
Pokedex updated.
Now, what shall I call you?…I thought to myself. Suddenly, I had the perfect name for my new companion. “I name you…”I said, thinking, “I name you…Maverick.”
I picked up the Poke Ball. I had my second Pokemon--one Pokemon closer to beating the Champion.
I grabbed the Poke Balls containing my partners, and released both of them simultaneously.
“Go, Maelstrom and Maverick!”
Maelstrom chirped softly and Maverick screeched. Maverick fluttered to my shoulder and eyed me curiously. Yeah…it said. You look like a strong Trainer. Do you know how many have tried to catch me and failed? I think we can both profit from this alliance.
I smiled. “Alright, guys, we’re about to return go to Jubilife City. Are you ready for this?”
Both Pokemon replied. Maelstrom seemed to say, Um…yeah. Is there food later? I still haven’t gotten my food yet. Maverick’s determined look told me everything. Let’s do this.
Maverick seemed confident in its ability, so I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. “Okay, Maverick, you’re up first. Show me your stuff.”
Maverick perched on my shoulder, I walked around the first tree and almost immediately am challenged to a battle by a young boy, probably four years younger than me. I decide we can take him, and accept.
“Maverick, go!”
Maverick soars off my shoulder and screeches a challenge. In response, the youngster sends out a Starly of his own. I’m confident in Maverick’s sure-fire winning attitude, so I keep him in.
I order Maverick’s move, “Maverick, use Tackle!” as the youngster orders his. “Starly, Quick Attack!”
I watch in horror as Starly outspeeds Maverick and hits him with a strong Quick Attack. Maverick is knocked aside and its attack doesn’t even land.
I’m put at a disadvantage here, but I have one last strategy before my last resort. The youngster confidently orders a second Quick Attack, while I order Maverick’s move. “Maverick, use Tackle! Try and meet Starly’s speed and stop its movement!”
Maverick screeches and dives at the Starly. They collide, and I find that my maneuver has done more harm than good. Maverick’s momentum combined with Starly’s unmatchable speed inflicted even more damage than before.
Maverick, was looking exceptionally tired, and I knew it couldn’t do this on its own. “Maverick, return! Let’s finish this, Maelstrom!” I call out.
Maverick is quickly replaced with my starter, my Maelstrom. “Maelstrom, use Pound!”
Maelstrom looks back at me confidently. It seems to say, No. I have a better idea.
I put my faith in Maelstrom as it makes its move. Starly goes for another Quick Attack, jetting towards Maelstrom at an incredible rate. But Maelstrom knows what it’s doing. It opens its mouth and sprays a jet of bubbles at Starly, effectively blinding it and cutting its speed. Starly doesn’t even reach Maelstrom before it crashes into the ground, unable to see its opponent.
I was impressed that Maelstrom had learned Bubble, and it had come at just the right time. It was the perfect counter to my problem. “Maelstrom, let’s finish this up with Pound!”
The youngster desperately orders Starly to use Quick Attack, but its lowered Speed prevents it from reaching the insane speeds it was utilizing against Maverick. It hadn’t even began its attack before Maelstrom reached it and pummeled it into oblivion with Pound. Maelstrom looked proudly up at me. You see what happens when you put me in charge? I can handle anything anyone throws out at me.
I wasn’t too sure of that, but I didn’t want to burst Maelstrom’s bubble.
I rushed the Pokemon Center to heal Maverick up. It had been thrashed by that Starly, and it was lucky to have survived the encounter. I realized just how close I had come to losing a partner so early on. I resolved to be more cautious in the future.
Once Maverick had been healed and we’d left the Pokemon Center, I withdrew Maverick from its Poke Ball. It cawed gently. I failed you, master. I failed.
“No, you did your best. And that’s good enough for me. It just looks to me like you need a little more training, that’s all.” I realized that the Starly had done more than defeated Maverick, it had crushed its self-confidence as well. I would need to regain that if Maverick was to become a vital member of my team.
Maverick looked sadly up at me. You really think so?
“I know so,” I consoled.
I walk over to the nearest patch of grass, where I decide Maverick and I will do some training. “Okay, Maverick. You’ve lost your confidence, and I intend to help you get it back. We are going to be doing some training, and I want you to give it your very best, okay?”
I knew Maverick’s answer.
Between innumerable KO’s and several trips back and forth to the Pokemon Center, soon Maverick’s strength looked as if it was beginning to rival that of Maelstrom. It had gained much strength, but it still had yet to regain its confidence.
And I knew the perfect way to get it back.

Pokemon:
Maelstrom (Piplup) Lv. 11
Torrent
Rash
-Pound
-Growl
-Bubble
-Water Sport
Maverick (Starly) Lv. 10
Keen Eyes
Hasty
-Tackle
-Growl
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack
Boxed:
None
Deaths:
None

Disclaimer
As I said before, this fanfic won’t follow the actual run word for word. I will change certain situations, such as boss battles, to make them more interesting to read. For example, in this chapter, Maverick was owned by the youngster’s Starly. In my actual run, I had trained Maverick beforehand and OHKOed his Starly, but nobody wants to read about that, right?. If a Pokemon dies in the run, it WILL die in the fanfic.

Oh dear. I just remembered I am doing a Nuzlocke. Previous parts here- http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4094530&postcount=902

Part 4. Old friend

The small journey to Prof. Elm's lab was for the most part quiet, neither Duke nor I felt much like speaking. Upon reaching our destination, I noticed there were police vehicles outside, it was just like last time. Could history repeat itself any more precisely? Sighing, I walked inside the lab and was immediately bombarded by police asking questions. Without paying much attention to them at all, I kept walking until I reached Elm and the chief police officer.

"Kitty! Kitty!" Elm frantically greeted, "It's a disaster, it happened again!"

I honestly wasn't as frantic at all about all this, I knew what happened, and I know who has the stolen Pokemon. The first time around, I was honestly enraged that someone would dare steal a Pokemon, and I had attempted to take back the Cyndaquil Silver had stolen before. In the end, I noticed that the Cyndaquil honestly did not mind his trainer, and so I gave up that pursuit. Maybe it would happen again, who knows.

"I know, I know, Professor. It was Silver, again." I sighed, just saying Silver's name brought back a wave of emotions and memories.

The officer beside Elm took note of that and nodded, "So Silver has struck again, interesting. This time, his target was a Chikorita. I see. Thank you for the information." Soon enough, the lab was quiet again, all the police having left to search for Silver.

I couldn't help but smile to myself, if they didn't catch Silver then, they wouldn't catch him now.

My thoughts were interrupted when Professor Elm tapped me on the shoulder, "Ahem, anyways... Did you get the Egg from Mr.Pokemon?" It amazed me how fast he always got over his Pokemon getting stolen.

"Sure did." I replied, reaching into my bag. Within moments I produced the Egg, safely contained within its carrying case. "Here you go."

The professor took the Egg from me, studying it carefully. "Thank you Kitty. So, does this mean you are really going to attempt the challenge again?"

I nodded confidently, no hesitation either. I was certain of my choice. "Yeah, Duke and I are going to take this league by storm," I paused for a second, "Well, and of course all the other friends we'll make along the way." Duke smirked and that was that.

Nothing else needed to be said, so Duke and I turned around to leave the lab. Before we left though, Elm called out to us and asked for my PokeGear number. Once numbers were exchanged, Duke and I left with no more distractions.

Duke and I headed to Route 29 and right away I saw a familiar face, an old friend of mine, Ethan. He was always such an odd kid, pretty shy and quiet usually. I would have walked right by him if it wasn't for his Marill rushing up to me and jumping on me.

"Ma Marill!" She cried happily before jumping off me and running back to Ethan.

"S-sorry about that, Kitty. I don't know w-what came over Marill." I told him it was no problem at all, it was nice to see such a friendly Marill. As I turned to walk away, I noticed him pat his Marill on the head, whisper something, and give her a treat. I didn't really think too much of it and began to walk away when Ethan called out to me, "Kitty, wait! If...you don't mind that is..."

I nearly winced as I heard him call my name, and was almost tempted to keep walking. I mean, yeah he is my friend, but I really kind of wanted to start my journey, plus, I swear this kid is a creeper. "Yeah?" I responded, turning around.

"I-I just wanted to, give you a small gift to start your journey is all..." He shyly reached into his bag and produced a small sack. "I want to give you my sack of Pokeballs. They're really good quality and I'm sure you know how to handle them well!" Blushing, he handed me the sack and looked up at me, hopeful I would accept his gift.

Ignoring his obvious hint, I accepted the Pokeballs, I wasn't going to turn down a free gift, especially something as useful as these. "Thanks Ethan, you're sweet." I told him, though maybe I should have just left out the last part, because his eyes grew rather wide.

"R-Really? I'm sweet?" He said, by now his eyes were practically the size of baseballs, and I could swear they were sparkling.

"Yeah, these will really help out." I told him. Duke was not exactly paying much attention to this whole conversation and was instead battling any wild Pokemon he could find in the grass until I finished. "Anyways, I have to get going, thanks again, Ethan." I wanted to get away from there quick. Without waiting for him to say anything, I quickly grabbed Duke and rushed off into the grass.

Team-
Duke the Totodile- Lv12

Started a new White Nuzlocke.
Team is as follows:
(lvls and stuff to follow later)
1. Terry the Tepig
2. Larry the Lillipup
3. Peter the Pansear
Gym Badges: 1
Deaths: --
Missed catches: 1
Captures: 3
Rules:
Normal rules for once :P, oh and a nickname rule, must begin with first letter of pokemon name.

Began a new white file today
Lost Mc hammer the tepig to cherens oshawott
Lost THORNS!!!!! the pansage to a bide
Killed a drilbur
Only have a level 18 herdier wich kills all the wilds including munna,drilbur and nearly killing a blitzle wich I caught and it promptly died in the next battle to a Audino....
:(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
it turns out even after intimidate a +defence herdier cant survive a 140BP STAB FUCKING CRIT
i hate this game
On a side note i caught THOR the timmber (sassy) and VINNY the venipede (ADAMANT, i like the game again)

QWAZ, you have some of the worst luck I've ever seen (Besides myself yesterday...). Losing valuable Pokemon to crits twice...that's just sad.
Anyway, I'll edit this post with a Platinum update later. I don't have time to do it now. But what I'm here to say is that I will not be continuing my FireRed Nuzlocke. I'm finding that it's getting exceedingly crappy (If it wasn't to begin with) and I enjoy doing the Platinum fanfic so much more. If you want to me to continue, VM me or something like that. If just want me to post minor updates like most of you are doing, then do the same. I just don't enjoy doing the FireRed Nuzlocke as much as I do this one. I've already beaten the game anyway, and I'm likely to forget vital elements to the story, so it'll be easier this way.

Aannnnnddddddd SOBEK the sandile died
Fuck dis shit im using my jesus clause and resurerecting PEGASUS the blitzle
WHAT? Dont look at me like that

Started a Firered Nuzlocke.
Standard rules:
1). Catch first pokemon on any route after getting pokeballs.
2). Faint means place in DeadBox
3). Catch shinies if at all possible.
4). Allow gift-mons

ok, I started and named myself Norman and my Rival Noob. Started with Selena the Squirtle. Eventually caught Vermin the Rattata (route 1), Knaw the Rattata (Route 2), Beauty the Caterpie (Veridian Forrest), and Flawless the Rattata (Route 22).

Training will begin shortly and I hope that no one dies this early.

Wish me Luck!!!

Wow, QWAZ, you have some absolutely abysmal luck. D: Critical hits must hate you so much, since like every one of your Pokemon died from critical hits. :S I would probably have horrible luck like that too if I tried a Nuzlocke. >_>

Ok so I bought black about a week ago (I know, late right?), and I just beat the elite four and N and shit. Would I be missing out on anything I I started a new nuzlocke now? The only pokemon that I would really miss is my Adamant Haxorus with perfect attack ivs...

some extra rules people use is that you can only go to the pokemon center a limited amount of times or that you're not allowed to use healing items or held items

Yeah screw it I'm starting a black nuzlocke..

Standard nuzlocke rules with a few of my own:

Fainted = RIP
One Pokemon per route, first one I find
However, if it's a pokemon I already have, I have the option to try again
Nicknames are a must
Unlimited Poke center usage

Starting with Monsoon the Oshawott

Previous parts- Here

Part 5. New Friend

After the whole encounter with Ethan, I was even more eager to catch a new Pokemon. The Pokeballs he gave me were stored safely in my bag, just waiting now to be thrown at a wild Pokemon.

"Alright, Duke," I began, "Our first stop will be Route 46, where we'll hopefully meet our first friend." Route 46 was just past a building and has a few Pokemon there that could be beneficial to my team, but really, I didn't mind what Pokemon I got, I just felt glad that I was finishing what I started.

Duke cheerfully ran ahead of me, getting over excited of the idea of our little group growing most likely. "Toto!" He called to me, telling me to hurry up.

"I know, I know Duke I'm coming!" I called back as I ran to catch up to him.

Together the two of us walked though the building separating Route 29 and 46. The view of the route was beautiful, and I could make out the mountains far away, close towards Blackthorn city. Soon enough, Duke and I would be challenging Clair there for the second time.

Duke interrupted my thoughts by tugging on my pants and before I had a chance to speak, he shushed me and made a motion for me to listen. It took me a moment, but I soon noticed what Duke wanted me to hear. From a distance it sounded like a voice was singing. The voice was rather deep, but I could tell it was a female's voice. I could not, however, make out the words she was singing. Having no reason not to find out where the sound was coming from, Duke and I followed our ears.

We walked for a good few minutes and the singing was becoming noticeably louder, which meant we were almost there. In addition, with every passing step, Duke got more and more annoyed, complaining about how the singing was terrible, while I, on the other hand adored the sound I was hearing.

Finally, we arrived at a lone tree with a rock next to it. Duke and I didn't notice anything else there, but the sound was definitely coming from where we were looking. Duke went ahead to the tree and started investigating everything around it, wondering where that awful sound originated. Eventually, he came to stand on the rock and noticed that the singing was at it's loudest and he looked down on his feet to see that the rock was actually a Geodude, and the singer.

The Geodude did not seem to notice him and kept on singing her song. "Geo dude geo geo guuude eoooo~!"

My right arm is full of scars and I've devoted everything~!

Duke recoiled in horror as the singing hit his ears full blast and he fell off the singing Geodude, who then finally noticed his presence and ceased her singing.

"Oh! I'm sorry, did I didn't see you there, are you alright?" She questioned worryingly to Duke.

Duke got up and rubbed his head, "Yeah yeah I'm alright, I just got startled by that horrendous singing of yours."

The Geodude gasped and glared at Duke, "Why I'd never! Here I am worried about you and the first thing you do is insult me!" She turned around to leave when I decided to approach the two.

"Wait!" I called out to the Geodude. She didn't know it yet, but she was going to become my new Pokemon soon.

Geodude turned around and to my surprise, waited to see what I had to say. "Geo?"

"Geodude was that your singing? I loved it!" I complimented.

Right away, Geodude's eyes widened and she blushed. How a rock blushed, I didn't know, but I also chose not to question it. "Geo!" She replied, giggling, obviously pleased with the compliment.

Duke was nearly gagging at this point, since for the life of him could not stand the singing.

Since I didn't want to lose my chance at a capture, I cut right to the chase after the compliment, "Geodude, we're going to battle, right here, right now. If I win, I catch you."

"Geodude." She stated and motioned for Duke to approach her. Challenge accepted, it seemed.

I knew I couldn't have Duke use Water Gun since that would KO the Geodude and ruin my chances. For now, Duke only has to Scratch until she is weakened.

"Alright Duke, Scratch!" I commanded swiftly.

Duke rushed at the Geodude who simply dodged it in a single, graceful motion, as if she was dancing. This did not go over well with Duke who was embarrassed he let such a slow Pokemon dodge him. He picked up the pace and nailed her with a Scratch, dealing a good amount of damage due to their apparent level difference.

In response to Duke's hit the Geodude rushed back at him with a Tackle, her aim true. Duke winced slightly but got right back into it and fought back with another Scratch, not letting the Geodude have a chance to dodge it.

Two hits was all it took for the Geodude to become noticeably weakened and I knew it was my chance now. Quickly, I took a Pokeball from my bag and tossed it at the Geodude. The feeling of throwing a Pokeball again gave me such a rush of excitement. With a 'thud' the Pokeball hit the Geodude on the head and enveloped her in a red light. Duke and I stared at the Pokeball, waiting for it to stop wiggling.

Ding

And with that, Duke and I caught our first partner. I couldn't contain my joy and I jumped up and down, letting my happiness all out. Duke felt rather bittersweet about the whole thing. On the upside, we caught a partner, on the downside, she happened to have a singing voice he can't stand.

I picked up the Pokeball from where the once wild Geodude stood and called her out.

"Hey there, good match." I told her, hoping she wasn't so bitter about losing. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kitty."

The Geodude looked at me and smiled, extending an arm out to me, "Geo" she said.

The two of us shook hands and it seemed like we would get along just fine.

"So, now I guess I need a name for you..." I pondered some names for a few minutes until something finally rang out in my head, "How about Luka?"

The Geodude gave me a thumbs up and it was settled, she would be called Luka from now on.

"So Luka, do you think you could sing some more for me?" I asked her as sweetly as I could.

"TOTO" Duke screamed, obviously objecting. He quickly ran to my belt of Pokeballs and before he tapped it he looked at me and said, "Totodile dile!" He apparently disliked her singing so much he would rather be in his Pokeball until it was all over. With that he tapped his Pokeball and disappeared inside his safe haven.

I apologised to Luka about Duke's behaviour and it seemed she didn't overly mind, though I was worried about a possible rivalry or sorts between the two.

Luka and I strode off together, her singing and I contentedly listening.

"Geo dude, geo geo dude geodude dude dude geo~"

In the slowly decaying world, I'm struggling but it's the only way
Carving your faded smiles, I pulled out the plug

I looked at her oddly, and questioned why the depressing lyrics, she kept singing some more depressing lyrics and then burst out loudly, "GEODUDE GEO GEO GEODUDE, GEO DUDE GEO!"

JUST BE FRIENDS ALL WE GOTTA DO
JUST BE FRIENDS JUST BE FRIENDS

My ears nearly broke from the sudden loudness of her singing, What have I gotten myself into? I wondered to myself as Luka continued her song.

Okay so basically I made it so that when Pokemon are talking to Pokemon, I'll type it out in English, but when a Pokemon talks to a human, it'll be as I've been doing it, their cry with a rough translation. Kinda seems easier for me.

Team so far

Duke the Totodile- Lv12
Luka the Geodude- Lv3

I'll probably start drawing an image for my team for every new member and loss. As always, feedback is adored.

I suppose i'll do one, starting a Platinum Nuzlocke.

Rules
1. Pokemon Faints=Box til the end of the game.
2. I can catch one pokemon an area, and if I don't like it's nature i can reset and catch it til I get the right nature.
3. Ressurection Clause: Every new badge, I can resurrect one of my dead pokemon. Also if I deem the game uncompletable w/o hax with the pokemon I have.
4. Can trade pokemon from my other games at level 1.
5. OHKO Clause, I'm not losing because of hax, I refuse.
6. BS Clause, Again not losing to hax.

As you can probably tell by the level of difficulty, this is my first nuzlocke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)