The Dark Horse Project III

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I'll make a small update I guess.

So with Medicham, I switched to a new alt Mediary. Currently sitting at 1306.

A depressing update, made 1303 and decided I'd try and push for the top 80. I've now lost 10-15 matches in a row, not due to bad play but rather random crits, fire blast misses, HJK misses(5 matches lost to this puppy alone). So now ive tilted down to low 1100's.

I'm beyond frustrated on how haxy today has been and so I'm quitting with the three mons I had(probably for eternity), I may just make a new alt and register a new mon, though the way things are going I really don't want to play anymore(ever).

EDIT: Took a break for a bit and got back up to 1200's. Hopefully I can stay clean next week and make another charge.

A depressing update, made 1303 and decided I'd try and push for the top 80. I've now lost 10-15 matches in a row, not due to bad play but rather random crits, fire blast misses, HJK misses(5 matches lost to this puppy alone). So now ive tilted down to low 1100's.
I know what you mean, I've been playing with Bulk Up Breloom all day and every time it gets a few bulk-ups under its belt, something crits it for the kill at full health.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hello there fellow pokemon players, i am happy to present

THAT I HAVE BEATEN THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!

screenshot here:

team i used i will post in hide tags, and i will edit in my answers to those questions texas answered

virizion is just a beast if it sets up, pretty antimeta providing a check to things like rotom-W and shit i used a CM varient because its one of my favorite sets in BW, this i the highest ive ever been in OU, ever. so im very proud of myself for getting in the top 80.

team here:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Will like to try this again, need to get back on this for when Keldeo is out.

PokemonOnline Username: Trop OU alt
HoF Standing: n/a
Darkhorse Pokemon: Venusaur
Current Rank: new alt

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Molk plays OU, and apparently he's good at it :D Molk is now the 7th Hall of Famer for the month of March!

I see you went with a balanced team approach, Molk - have you ever faced a stall team? I can see them giving this team trouble. CM Reuniclus seems like it can potentially stall and possibly sweep. You may want to cut down on some defensive coverage for some additional offense, or possibly replace SubCM Jirachi for a wallbreaker. Perhaps a CBTar?

Solid team, though, Molk - the defensive core is solid. I would encourage you to continue laddering with this team to see if you can break the 1400s and enter Silver Class :D

Pokemon Online Username: Dark Plaid
Hall of Fame Standing: None yet (although I broke top 80 with this team on another alt)
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Gallade, Bisharp
Current Ladder Standing: Not yet ranked

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
thanks for the advice pocket!, i have in fact faced a stall team (although it was poorly built and had no haze mon >_>), and jirachi did quite well as a stallbreaker, being immune to tspikes and all that, CM reun is really a 50/50 with jirachi, if it his all 8 focus blasts and breaks my sub every time, im fucked, but otherwise i didnt have muhc trouble with it.

what i DID have trouble with was NP+3 attacks celebi (dont say its not common, it is higher up on the ladder ;_;) my team cant touch it bar virizion once it sets up :(. if you have a way i can fix that, i would really appreciate it.

btw i broke 1400 by one point last night, just let me get the screenshot up

edit:

the two screenshots look different because they are from different computers btw

edit: i also want to say i replaced jirachi with a CM reuniclus, to handle stall better in general, and to act as a secondary check to terrakion, doesnt help me much with celebi though :(

edit: now at 1430, #29, no screenshot cause i tilted afterwards to crits

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Man this looks fun. Challenge accepted.
Pokemon Online Username: [PR]NyttyN
Hall of Fame Standing: N/A
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Gorebyss / Gardevoir
Current Ladder Standing: Still dead last

Hahah. I think I'm completely insane. I hope this works.

Gorebyss
Standard shellsmash set
will fill in more later

Gardevoir
Nickname: Sona
252 Sp Atk
252 Def
4 SpD
Calm Mind
Stored Power
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast(What's that? Focus miss? MAGNIFYING LENS)/Echoed Voice(Oh god so trolltastic. Tank, and then once
tanky, SPAM ECHOED VOICE FOR UNSTOPPABLE ROLLOUT) Focus Blast prefered, but Echoed Voice is good for a laugh
@Magnifying Lens/Psychic plate
Trace
Bold(MOAR DEF)/Calm(MOAR SPDEF)/Modest(MOAR SPATK) Nature

Pokemon Online Username: Unknown1
Hall of Fame Standing: None yet
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Zapdos
Current Ladder Standing: 1298 points

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
Update time!
Swapped out from venmoth to Gorebyss. Just wasn't working out. Gorebyss, however, does. 6 stat boosts from shell smash means a 160 100% acc STAB special attack right off the bat. A 160 100% STAB that is boosted by 2 special stages and 2 speed stages.

I don't need to tell you why this is hilariously awesome.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
@nyttyn; Glad to hear Gorebyss is working so well for you! Are you still running Gardevoir as well or was she dropped too?

@coughing; You need to start a new alt on the ladder to join this project. The ability to start at almost 1300 points is unfair to the other people working with Zapdos.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
@nyttyn; Glad to hear Gorebyss is working so well for you! Are you still running Gardevoir as well or was she dropped too?

@coughing; You need to start a new alt on the ladder to join this project. The ability to start at almost 1300 points is unfair to the other people working with Zapdos.
Still running gardevoir. Stored power 2 stronk.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Pokemon Online Username: - The Blizzard -
Hall of Fame Standing: Silver
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Kyurem
Current Ladder Standing: 1000

Pokemon Online Username: winterpetrel2
Hall of Fame Standing: none
Dark Horse Pokemon currently working with: Porygon-Z (Slowbro as well, but the team is built around Porygon

Pokemon Online Username: ScorpioTHK
Hall of Fame Standing: Not really
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Scrafty
Current Ladder Standing: ...uh...

EDIT: Username changed.

Pokemon Online Username: JSND
Hall of Fame Status: None

Dark horse Pokemon currently working with: Druddigon
Current ladder standing: 1077 Points

@ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

This is currently my team:

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 184 Def / 128 SAtk / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

(9ò,ó)=@

PokemonOnline Username: -Xanderpitz-
HoF Standing: None
Darkhorse Pokemon: Gastrodon
Current Rank: 1000

Alright, so as a strange turn of events, my entire team has ended up being composed of Dark Horse pokemon, so I guess I'm going to take this challenge to the next level!!! I've decided I am going to run a Trick Room team for these guys since my original 2 choices were Gastrodon and Bouffalant and it ended up seeming like a good option. Here are my starting sets:

Gastrodon @ Life Orb
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Sp. Atk/252 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Speed
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Surf
- Recover

Recover balances out LO recoil and its dual STABs have pretty decent coverage on their own, so I should be okay.

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp. Def
- Swords Dance
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Sap Sipper counters Gastrodon's 4x Grass weakness and will definitely help a slow behemoth like Bouffalant quickly blast out powerful hits without set-up and (hopefully) still being under TR. The 4 Sp. Def EVs here stop Download from helping the Porygons.

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp. Def
- Trick Room
- V-Create
- U-turn
- Wild Charge

Trick Room on Victini is obviously set-up for the team and U-turn allows me to maintain momentum. 4 Sp. Def stops Download here as well.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Sp. Atk/252 Sp. Def
- Trick Room
- Will-o-wisp
- Hex
- Haze

Seeing as Trick Room teams can leave ample opportunity for the opponent to set-up when switching around, I figured I could cripple physical attackers as well as have a utility against boosting Special Attackers as well.

Slowbro @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Atk
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Scald helps with Cofagrigus's cause while its Dual STABs provide tons of power.

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 8 HP/252 Atk/248 Speed
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

In case I can't set up a Trick Room, I need a fast attacker that can hit hard. With a unique base 109 speed I outpace plenty of OU pokes. After a Hone Claws, his attacking stat is a whopping 713 and X-Scissor and Crunch have 106.67% accuracy, while Stone Edge is still raised at 85.33%.

Okay, so I'm scratching the Trick Room idea and I'm going to replace Cofagrigus, Durant, Gastrodon, Bouffalant and Slowbro with Dugtrio, Blastoise, Amoongus, Altaria, and Sableye. I managed to get to 1160, but that's about it. I'm switching Victini to a Choice Band set as well.

Still have a full team of Dark Horses though!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Throwing out a reminder that you only have until Saturday night to finish up. Let's end this race strong!

Pokemon Online Username: Cosmicfool
Hall of Fame Standing: None as of yet!
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Lilligant

Heres the stats on her
Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

Cheers

Okay, so new month and I'm saying screw it to the other team.

New Alt: Xanderpitz1
HoFR: None yet
Pokemon: Mawile, Medicham, Mr. Mime, and Ninjask

This is my Baton pass team I've been using with Vaporeon and Espeon. I made these sets and if you look up the usage stats, my Mawile and Medicham sets are both #1 most used while Ninjask is 7th most used for lead and Mr. Mime is 2nd for regular usage

Pokemon Online Username: Accel
Hall of Fame Standing: N/A
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Accelgor
Current Ladder Standing: N/A

Interested to see where this will take me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)