Type Challenge

For those who think that this is Monotype challenge you are wrong.

It's almost normal run except you can only caught pokémon which other (or both) type matches with at least on of your Pokémons type. You start it with your starter obviously.

For those who think this is too simple it is not that simple.

Let's say you 6 pokémons in your team and you want that Minccino you have to put one of your pokémons in the box and never take it out. Thought you modify this part of challenge to like spend set amount of money simply buying and then trashing bought items or sacrificing 2 or more pokémons to get deposited pokémon back.

Let's say you start with tepig. At first you can only catch fire type pokémon and later when it evolves you can catch fire and fighting type pokémons.

You can combine this with any other challenges like nuzlocke.

Rules:

1.You can only catch pokémons which type you have in party

2.To make room for new pokémon if you have full party, deposit one of you pokémons in the box and never take it back.

(optional) You can sacrifice other pokémons to take deposited pokémon back or just buy them back

3. Don't cheat

4. Have fun!

This challenge is going to be too hard if you start with tepig in black then the earliest Pokemon you can catch is going to be timburr and your party will really be lacking any varsity that's my 2 cents anyway

The Water type starter would probably be easiest for most games. You can grab yourself a Magikarp relatively early, then once it evolves into Gyarados you'll be able to pick up a whole host of Flying types. Those in turn give access to a massive range of Pokémon. From there it's almost like a regular run, though HM slaves basically amount to death for one of your regular Pokémon. Still, it's an interesting concept.

Wouldn't work in Black/White, obviously, since you can't get a Magikarp until really late in the game. I imagine there's an equivalent somewhere, though.

This challenge is going to be too hard if you start with tepig in black then the earliest Pokemon you can catch is going to be timburr and your party will really be lacking any varsity that's my 2 cents anyway
You can make this very hard or very easy simply by choosing different starter Snivy is the easiest, Oshawott is very hard at start ,but will be easier in the end and finally Tepig which is hardest of these.

You should try this is actually quite fun :D

Edit: There's ducklett :D

If I attempted this, I would side with Tetrinity and pick the Water starter. Water/Normal gets near unresisted coverage, and there's a heap of Normal/Flying types too, so you'll get your wings as well. Interesting challenge you got.

My suggestion is combining this with other challenges like nuzlocke or even speed run.

Typelocke anyone?

Heh. Maybe, if you changed the rule about having to capture the first Pokémon you encounter so that you had to capture the first valid Pokémon instead. Otherwise, without an extreme run of luck you'd be stuck with an almost completely empty team, and banking the entire run on avoiding that one critical hit...

And in Nuzlockes, there's almost always the threat of Critical hits. Hell, in normal runs, Crits could really mess you up. So if your Pokemon will 'die' after fainting, you're gonna be going through lots of partners with Crits running left and right, especially when it's the most inopportune times.

Hardest would be typelocke with tepig. As you would not only have very limited pokemon that you can catch + you're only allowed to catch 1 per area...

rou you could do typescramble like I do. It's little different (currently I have to solo with chimchar until route 208 >.>)

In Diamond/Pearl? 'Cause if that's the case, you're kinda screwed until you get a Monferno. :o But you could catch a Machop on Route 207 or a Meditite in Mt. Coronet then, so that'll open up Psychic and Fighting.

I was thinking of picking Turtwig. I get access to Budew early, and from Budew I can get Zubat, and from Zubat I can get Starly, who we all know is top tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)