Milotic

Which tier are we talking? I've been running it in OU. Milotic uses Dragon Tail, so it likes Hazards a lot. Any entry hazard layer, especially those with physical bulk are nice.
Don't wanna sound like a n00b even though i am but i don't understand a word you just said other than dragon tail and ou lol. that's why i can't wait until battle 101 starts. mind explaining just a bit?

Milotic loves hazard damage, so it can repeatedly Dragon Tail and get lots of residual damage off on the opponents. Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, they're all fabulous for team support. And it's pretty bulky, so it can take a few hits, use Rest, and activate Marvel Scale.

Milotic loves hazard damage, so it can repeatedly Dragon Tail and get lots of residual damage off on the opponents. Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, they're all fabulous for team support. And it's pretty bulky, so it can take a few hits, use Rest, and activate Marvel Scale.
NOw i have one final problem with milotic i can't seem to get one to pass the wi-fi checker in B&W with rest and sleep talk any suggestions on that and a good ev spread and moveset for her so far i'm guessing she should have dragon tail and rest/talk but for the last slot should i have ice beam or STAB surf?

I wouldn't know anything about EV spreads, but Scald is a good choice for Milotic. Scald is a pretty powerful move that has a 30% chance to burn. Quite handy to cripple physical attackers, or just to cripple most anything. Just avoid burning Guts users!

Aqua Ring is a terrible choice when Milotic can simply restore 50% with Recover and an extra amount from leftovers--Flame Orb also being a lackluster option as increased defenses are worth nothing with the hp decrease. Substitute is even worse without leftovers or recover-and it's not like Milotic has benefits to healing with a sub like Rain Dish... Just use Recover and Scald, then choose between Dragon Tail or Haze, Toxic or Ice Beam or Hypnosis or Mirror Coat.

If you really want to activate Marvel Scale, use Rest and Sleep Talk, which work best with Scald and Dragon Tail due to their added effects.

It's SO satisfying to scald Jirachi that try to flinchax you after activating your marvel scale. Personally, the best way to activate Marvel Scale in battle is switching into predicted Will-O-Wisps from Jellicent, the first layer of Toxic Spikes, or Thunder Waves.

Paralysis would be the best if it wasn't for those couple games where you're fully paralyzed at all the crucial points (I JUST WANT TO ICE BEAM THAT MENCE)!
First layer of Tspikes is a pretty good deal though. Burning the Forretress that was setting them up is even better!

Really any status except Toxic is good for Milotic (its not like Burn really hurts much, your Dragon Tail doesn't do much damage anyway)... Unless you're Sleep-Talk Milotic then Toxic doesn't bother you any either (which is why I love Sleep-Talk Milotic so much).

If I had to pick the worst status to me it would be Paralyze. You can plan around the ticking damage of Burn or Poison but Parahax can mess you up and there isn't anything you can do about it sometimes.

Paralysis is the bane of many Pokémon, but RestTalkers can remedy that, along with Lum Berry, although Leftovers are Milotic's best friend. Basically, anything but paralysis isn't really a problem for Milotic, although the residual effects of burn and poison do wear you down a bit.

Paralysis is the bane of many Pokémon, but RestTalkers can remedy that, along with Lum Berry, although Leftovers are Milotic's best friend. Basically, anything but paralysis isn't really a problem for Milotic, although the residual effects of burn and poison do wear you down a bit.
Paralysis > Toxic, IMO. Just keep hitting recover!

But the chance to FP every turn can be fatal for your Milotic, especially if you're relying on that turn to use Rest, and you get FP'ed. Even though you will get the 50% Defense boost from Marvel Scale, paralysis is quite annoying with the FP risk after every turn.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Nah, I've played with Milotic long enough to know that she likes paralysis in almost every circumstance. The only status that I would say Milotic truly hates is full poison.

Mhh, perhaps, although being fully paralyzed for a turn or two still sucks for Milotic, especially if there's something that can really threaten it is on the field.

In my opinion, rest talk milotic is the best set for use in OU. There are a bunch of hard hitters in OU which milotic can wall with marvel scale activated. Pair it with some other dedicated walls and you'd have a really good defensive core. Downside is the unreliability of sleep talk since it may pick rest.

Should gamefreak ever decide to modify rest-talk or AT LEAST make dragon tail 100% accurate gosh then milotic will have more going for it. Truth be told, milotic has the stats, the excellent typing for it to compete with the bigger fishes. Or a single stat-up move will help as well. How does calm mind milotic sound? hahaha

Scald Burn + Marvel Scale makes most Iron Head Jirachi weep when they realize their gimmick isn't going to work!
Jirachi wouldn't win regardless unless it had Calm Mind. Think Dragonite, Haxorus, or Terrakion when getting fully para'd.

Losing a turn against those pokemon are gamebreaking. (Although the defense boost is helpful at handling those threats.)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Milotic's tutor moves: Aqua Tail, Bind, Dragon Pulse, Icy Wind, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Magic Coat, Sleep Talk, Snore

Finally, the Milotic I bred without Dragon Pulse in White isn't terrible! :D Really, nothing significant though.

That's absolutely terrible. It got nothing new because most of those were egg moves before! I thought they'd at least give it something gimmicky like Soak (for poisoning Ferrothorn), Healing Beam for Double Battles... I was praying Milotic would get Quiver Dance even :(

milotic is one of my favorite walls. it completely stops sweeps with haze, being able 2 take hits if she's a bold nature.

I've been having alot of success with dragontail on milotic it has stopped a reuniclus from completely destroying my entire team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)