Victoria, BC: VGC 2012 Spring Friendly - March 31st, 2012 - WON BY Starmetroid

Event hosted at UVic in the ECS building
Entrance fee: $5
Format is VGC 2012
Registration open at 12:00. Tournament starts at 12:30.
Expecting 5 rounds of swiss + top cut of 4
Rounds of top cut will have a time limit of half an hour for the best of 3.​

The UVic Pokemon Club is hosting a VGC tournament in Victoria BC, Saturday March 31st as a fundraiser for the club. Entry fee is $5 with proceeds going towards hosting more tournaments and sending club members to future VGC events! The rules for team building and format are the same as regular VGC.

We're gonna be running a Swiss style qualification round, with a finalist bracket. That means that losing once doesn't mean you're out of the tournament! Something I've heard a few people comment on. This event will be starting at 12:00 o'clock with registration opening at 11:30.

But of course, why should anyone bother travelling to Victoria BC for this? Well, we've got prizes of course!

1st place will receive a UVic Pokemon VGC Tournament Gold Medal, as well as a hand-made Eelektross Pokemon hat valued over $100!

2nd place will receive a UVic Pokemon VGC Tournament Silver Medal. Additional prize may be awarded.

3rd place will receive a UVic Pokemon VGC Tournament Bronze Medal.

So if you live on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver, Seattle etc... it's just a short drive or ferry ride away to attend this one day event! This is the 2nd of what we hope to be an bi-annual tournament. After the last time, we are going to look into getting someone to be a driver for a food run mid-tournament.

So if you're in the area, or know someone who is, let them know! You can find more information on our facebook page here!

Thanks for hearing me out, hope to see you there!
~Crawdaunt

Total confirmed participants: 10
https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/play-pokemon-tournaments/12-03-000130/

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think I can make this, especially with exams on the horizon (revise early, hang out at VGC while studying less). Markus I'll see you at saturday

Oish. That's going to be an early ferry. I'll try my best to be there.
If it'd help, we could make it 12:00 reg and starts at 12:30? 9:00 ferry across arrives in Vic at 10:45ish, so that'd give you guys an hour fifteen to an hour forty five to get to UVic, instead of 45 to 1:15. Think that would let you take the 9 instead of the 7?

edit: reg will now open 12 and tourney will start 12:30

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah that should be better! I'll let you know closer to the date if I can't make it but definitely hoping to.

Prize announcement:

2nd place will be receiving a Poliwhirl plush (official Pokemon product). This is on top of the medal and promo/loot bag material that may be awarded.

I think I announced Registration opened at 11 and the tournament started at 12 yesterday at BC Provincials. Just wanted to clarify that Registration starts at 12:00 and the tournament starts at 12:30. Bring your pokemon PID!

Only one week til the tournament! As a side note, Juniors and Seniors will be split into their own age division provided we get enough participants! So juniors and seniors! Bring a friend! Registration starts at 12, tournament starts at 12:30!

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can confirm Articuno64 and myself btw. If you want, I can send you my Player ID ahead of time too? Should be taking the 9AM ferry. Thanks for the time change!

You can confirm Articuno64 and myself btw. If you want, I can send you my Player ID ahead of time too? Should be taking the 9AM ferry. Thanks for the time change!
Awesome stuff! See you guys Saturday! And PID in advance isn't really too important. Know if TRE and R Inanimate are coming?

Ah, that's a shame. Well. I will see you guys on either April 14th or 15th!

I'd like to add, we've got a Pokemon Emerald version to add to the prize pool. How this will be distributed, not sure. Possibly a random draw for anyone participating!

Congratulations to Max Douglas for his first place victory! Dat Eelektross. Considering the 1st prize, I don't think there was a more suitable team! Also congratulations to Tony for taking 2nd and Jason for 3rd! And thanks to everyone who came out! Almost half the people in attendance were from out of town, so you guys play a big part in making any tournament a success!

Now if only I didn't have to wait for little kids' parents to pick them up.

Just curious, how many people in each division did you get? These look really cool btw, I'm jealous we don't have anything like it around NYC :P

We had one junior and three seniors (grouped into one category) and eight masters, not a great turn out but the room was lively and if there were more people there would be more chances for me (Max Douglas) to not win that Eelektross hat.

Firestorm

'twas I.

Anyhoo, I'm home now. Thanks for hosting Mark and congrats to Max on the win =) Appropriate prize.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Congrats Starmetroid!

Well I guess not even R Inanimate can win a tournament he isn't at. I was scared he might be able to after he won a tournament without showing up on the final day. >_> Hopefully we'll be able to make it to the next tournament.

"I was scared he might be able to after he won a tournament without showing up on the final day."

I lol'd. Also, I will absolutely remember to bring the 3DS case, pokemon rumble and plush to Regionals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)