This is the Goodstuff...

Hello! This is my VGC team! I chose Goodstuff for this play style because I was too proud to use a common weather team. Weather teams (to me) have no style and can be easily countered. And I like going classic, so here’s the Goodstuff.

Latios [LATIOS] @ Dragon Gem
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 SpDef/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

This is the main core of my team. Latios deals a ton of damage with a Dragon Gem boosted Draco Meteor. Psychic and Thunderbolt is for type coverage. Although, like standard Latios’, it’s VERY frail.

Infernape [Inferno] @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 116 Atk/140 SpAtk/252 Spd
Nature: Naive
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Heat Wave
- Encore

voodoo pimp's Inferno. Fake Out for awesomeness, Close Combat for punching, Heat Wave for spread attacks, and Encore for locking moves. I actually found myself using Encore a lot more than Hidden Power (Ice), which is cool.

Amoonguss [Mushy] @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
Nature: Bold
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Protect

Amoonguss is an amazing Pokemon. It directs attacks to it, and it NEVER DIES (not really, but still). It’s my punching bag, my status user, and it is my main counter to Gastrodon. It also is good synergy with the next Pokemon:

Suicune [SUICUNE] @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/140 Def/116 Spd
Nature: Relaxed
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Yeah folks, this is the Shiny Suicune from the event. I wasn’t feeling ballsy enough to play around with Sheer Cold, so I took the Calm Mind set (minus Icy Wind). Relaxed nature was a mistake from me not wanting to get the Suicune over and over again, so it’ll have to do. With Calm Mind, Rest, and a Chesto Berry, this beast will tank…like a BEAST.

Metagross [Ziggs] @ Normal Gem
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Explosion

Hey, hey, you get the pun in the nickname? Get it? Hahaha…anyways. Bullet Punch is priority, which is nice. Zen Headbutt is always good, along with Meteor Mash. It will take most non-STAB Heat Waves, and is immune to Intimidate. Also…BOOM BOOM.

Weavile [Hax] @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Ice Punch
- Taunt
- Night Slash
- Fake Out

Weavile is my only Taunt user, so I will NOT replace it with Protect. It has amazing coverage with Ice Punch and Night Slash. Fake Out is Fake Out, and everyone loves Fake Out. Expert Belt is to rack up some damage.

The nickname is a pun, involving one of the haxiest battles I ever had. Basically, it was 2-4 with me having only Suicune and Weavile. The opponent double switched knowing that he is going to win, but this…thing pulled through a victory with that 10% freeze on a Metagross. Metagross couldn’t do ANYTHING the entire match, while the enemy Gyrados got a burn from a Suicune Scald. Suicune tanked all of the Gyrados’s attacks, while Weavile did some damage before it fainted, which made it an interesting battle with Suicune “versus all.” Needless to say I won, and I appreciate that the opponent didn’t rage quit.

Anyways, I hope that my team was a slightly interesting team to you, and please rate so I can be better!

(AGH these non shrinking pictures >.<)

Change log:
(4/9/12)
Downloaded voodoo pimp's "Inferno" the Chimchar (Thanks, by the way)
Downloaded TheMantyke's Latios (Also thanks, should you pass by here)
Exchanged Psyshock for Psychic on Latios
Exchanged Hidden Power (Ice) for Encore on Infernape
Exchanged Earthquake for Zen Headbutt on Metagross

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Looks like a fairly solid team in terms of Pokémon choice, all great goodstuff mons and no major weaknesses. I used the Latios/Infernape pair on my team for the Wi-Fi tournament, so I can vouch for its effectiveness.

Latios should run Timid. The extra power may be tempting, but there's so much stuff that beats it with less than max speed. I also recommend Psychic over Psyshock due to more power and most of the stuff you want to hit either being more physically bulky or dying regardless.

Get a Naive or Hasty Infernape. Even if you don't want to go to the trouble of breeding more or trading or anything, the losses in Attack and Speed are not at all worth HP Ice, especially since Latios already kills dragons and you have two other Ice attackers. Otherwise, good. If you end up dropping HP Ice, go with Protect or Encore instead.

Amoonguss: Bold with max SpD seems like it's really inefficient, but I'm bad at defensive spreads so I could be wrong. Otherwise, not much else to say since Amoonguss pretty much only has one set.

Event Suicune is always Relaxed, so if you're using that one then there wasn't anything else you could get. Boosting sets are rare in doubles but that one looks like it might work, so it'll probably catch a lot of people off-guard.

I'm really not a fan of Earthquake on Metagross. Even off its massive Attack stat, it's still pretty weak thanks to the spread modifier and no STAB. Zen Headbutt might be a good idea so you have a way to deal with Hitmontop without having to predict around Sucker Punch.

Weavile looks pretty good.

voodoo pimp, you're a pretty cool person. I'll do the changes you suggested, except for the Latios nature change. I really don't have enough time or will to beat Pokemon Sapphire again to get a Latios, haha.

Also, I also do not want to get Ice Punch, 3 users of Ice is redundant, as what voodoo pimp said.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
voodoo pimp, you're a pretty cool person. I'll do the changes you suggested, except for the Latios nature change. I really don't have enough time or will to beat Pokemon Sapphire again to get a Latios, haha.
If you got it from Sapphire that's even worse. There's a glitch in the Gen 3 games besides Emerald that forces all roamers to have terrible IVs in everything except HP. I highly recommend seeing if you can trade for a better one, or if that's not an option consider replacing it with a different Pokémon.

If you got it from Sapphire that's even worse. There's a glitch in the Gen 3 games besides Emerald that forces all roamers to have terrible IVs in everything except HP. I highly recommend seeing if you can trade for a better one, or if that's not an option consider replacing it with a different Pokémon.
Actually, this Latios is from Pokemon Heartgold's event, haha.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Well, that's not so bad then :P Even so, I'd still try to get another one. Most of Latios's value is because its high speed lets it KO the opponent before they can attack, so you want to take advantage of that if at all possible.

Alright, anyone else want to do any final ratings?

Since the last time I was here, I did:
Downloaded voodoo pimp's "Inferno" the Chimchar (Thanks, by the way)
Downloaded TheMantyke's Latios (Also thanks, should you pass by here)
Changed Psyshock for Psychic on Latios
Changed Hidden Power (Ice) for Encore on Infernape
Changed Earthquake for Zen Headbutt on Metagross
Learned how to use PokeCheck

Just a funny note, I see a lot of rain teams on Skarmbliss lock my Suicune into Calm Mind, and that just made it harder to kill, mainly because they don't have a Toxicroak :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)