Yes, My Lead!

So, this is my first RMT and usually I run stall teams but this time I use somewhat semi stall. Title "Yes, My Lead" comes from my new favourite lead Kingdra and it is the captain of my team. So let's take a look on my members, shall we?

Salty Captain (Kingdra) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Grass
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

This monster does pretty good job as anti-lead. It's able to deal with every common lead, Azelf, Aerodactyl, Metagross, Celebi, Gliscor, Swampert... 2HKOs most likely everything. With Scarf, I am able to stop DDnites. and other set uppers in mid-game. With only one weakness, I don't need to be scared about other leads.

Jirage (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
Impish nature (+Def,-SpAtk)
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Wish

Three eyes and wish came true. My wish support Jirachi takes care about healing other members. As do you see, I am running ParaFlinch hax combo to make people piss fire. As Physical wall this ragdoll can take Earthquakes like a boss from anything 'till its not STAB'd.

Wonder Woman (Rotom-h) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Another Scarfed pokemon. With Trick this time. This guy helps against any priority users and Gyaradoses. Since I don't have really any Fighting-Type-moves or Ground-types, I use Trick to screw up Curse / CM users.

EggWoman (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Shadow Ball
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock

I hate this literally OverUsed giant... weird egg holder. But this Egg-thing gets good healing moves and ablew to set up ROCKS. I am running Shadow Ball instead of Seismic toss or Status-problem because SubGars likes to rofl at me if I run Seismic Toss or something. Also I can hit Starmies when they switch in.

Jail Bite (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/186 Atk/168 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Bite
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall

DA PHUG? BITE?! Yup. Bite. Sounds already stupid but there is always a reason, right? First of all, no bouncing Gyaras. I also dislike Stone-Edge 'cause of 80% Accuracy and nobody likes misses. After all with Bite I am able to faint Starmies which surely likes to zap my Gyara. After one DD I am able to outspeed everything with 130 Base Speed (Most likely Jolteon) and if they try to phaze me out, I taunt and set up more and sweep.

Winged Battery (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP/28 Def/240 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Hidden Power Grass
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

It toke time to find last member for this team. Zapdos pretty much Paralyzes opponents and hits Ground-types with HP Grass. Being co-worker with Jirachi and tries to make good synergy with it. Little bit Def. EVs let me help with predicting against Flygon.

Critic stuff please and I'm able to try something else on this team!
Down there is some lists you might wanna check out. (Team vs. Odds)

LEADS

Aerodactyl - Hydro Pump.

Azelf - Draco Meteor.
Celebi - Ice Beam x2, uses most likely rocks or Trick.
Empoleon - I switch into Blissey / Rotom-h.
Forretress - Hydro Pump x2, uses most likely spikes or rocks.
Gengar - Draco Meteor.
Gliscor - Ice Beam.
Heatran - Hydro Pump.
Hippowdon - Hydro Pump x2, uses most likely rocks.
Infernape - Hydro Pump.
Jirachi - Hydro Pump x2, uses most likely rocks or trick.
Machamp - Draco Meteor + Switch into Rotom-h. (If uses Dynamic Punch)
Metagross - Hydro Pump x2, uses most likely rocks.
Ninjask - Switch into Gyarados + Taunt + DD(s).
Roserade - Ice Beam x2, uses most likely Sleep Powder or Leaf Storm.
Skarmory - Hydro Pump x2, uses most likely Spikes, rocks or Taunt.
Smeargle - Draco Meteor. (If they Spore, Draco Meteor + Switch into Rotom-h.)
Swampert - Hidden Power Grass x2, uses most likely rocks.
Tyranitar - Hydro Pump x2, uses most likely rocks or Crunch.
Weavile - Draco Meteor.

OFFENSIVES
Aerodactyl - Kingdra Hydro Pump / Rotom-h Thunderbolt.
Azelf - Kingdra Draco Meteor / Rotom-h Shadow Ball.
Breloom - Jirachi or Zapdos as sleep fodder, Rotom-h Shadow Balls it.
Celebi - Kingdra Ice Beam / Rotom-h Shadow Ball.
Dragonite - Kingdra. If Choice Banded ESpeed, Jirachi takes care.
Electivire - Rotom-h takes care with Overheat.
Empoleon - Rotom-h. If have used Agility already, I have to weaken it with Thunderbolts until no more HP left for Substitutes. Blissey takes care of it.
Flygon - If Scarfed, Jirachi switches into Zapdos. If not, Kingdra.
Gengar - Blissey Shadow Balls.
Gliscor - Kingdra Ice Beam.
Gyarados - Rotom-h Thunderbolt..
Heatran - Kingdra Hydro Pump. If has substitute up, Zapdos Thunderbolt + Roost.
Infernape - Rotom-h takes Close Combats like a boss and hits back with Thunderbolt.
Jirachi - Rotom-h Overheats.
Jolteon - Blissey tanks.
Lucario - Rotom-h Overheat.
Machamp - I have to damage it with my Kingdra or Zapdos and after that switching into Rotom-h.
Magnezone - Rotom-h Overheat.
Mamoswine - Kingdra Hydro Pump / Rotom-h Overheat.
Metagross - Rotom-h Overheat.
Ninjask - Gyarados Taunt + DD.
Roserade - Jirachi ParaFlinches. If carries HP Fire, Blissey tanks the hits or kingdra comes to Ice Beam it.
Rotom-forms - Blissey tanks the offensives. If bulky with pain split, I Shadow Ball or Thunder Wave + Iron Head.
Scizor - Rotom-h.
Shaymin - Rotom-h Overheat or Kingdra Ice Beam.
Starmie - Rotom-h and Zapdos takes care of this.
Togekiss - Zapdos thunder waves and Bolts.
Tyranita
r
- Jirachi lures with Thunder Wave and Iron Heads. If DD'd once and has Taunt, I need to faint this guy with Kingdra and Rotom-h.
Weavile - Rotom-h melts or Kingdra Draco Meteors.

DEFENSIVES
Blissey - Thunder Wave + Iron Head with Jirachi or Taunt + DD Gyara.
Bronzong - Rotom-h Overheat.
Dusknoir - Rotom-h Shadow Balls or Taunt + DD Gyara.
Forretress - FIRE.
Hippowdon - Kingdra Hydro Pumps.
Skarmory - Rotom-h Thunderbolt and Overheat or Zapdos does the job.
Snorlax - Gonna Trick this Batman with Rotom-h.
Suicune - Thunderbolts or Tricks with Rotom-h or Taunt + DD.
Swampert - Kingdra HP Grass or Zapdos HP Grass or Taunt + DD.
Tentacruel - Zappin' with Rotom-h and Zapdos.
Umbreon - Taunt + DD Gyara.
Vaporeon - Thunderboltin' with Zapdos and Rotom-h or Taunt + DD.

And team once more:

Kingdra lead is original, but might not be very effective. At the very least, I'd recommend surf over hydro pump. Hydro Pump needs to hit twice in a row (64%) to kill sashes Infernapes and Aerodactyls.

I'm not sure about Zapdos' role. Spreading paralysis is good, but Jirachi already does that and what do you have to take advantage of paralyzed pokemon? Perhaps a set-up sweeper would work here, like SDScizor or SDLucario.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I disagree about Hydro Pump. To beat Nape and Aero, he has Draco Meteor and Ice Beam, respectively. The extra power is really needed to beat things like Metagross and Jirachi.

Shadow Ball is a little random on Blissey and could be effective, but Flamethrower or Ice Beam would be more useful, as they always break Gengar's Substitutes, and don't leave you defenceless against Normal types and, more dangerously, Scizor and Lucario.

Okay, I will try SDCario over Zapdos.

Well Yea, Shadow Ball is random on Blissey... I might try Flamethrower over Shadow Ball and see is it any better.

Okay...I'm not convinced by the Kingdra lead to be honest. If the opponents lead is going to be KO'd by the Kingdra (e.g. Heatran mainly) he's going to switch first turn anyway. The only thing I really see it being good against is Swampert, and Aerodactyl / Azelf possibly if they Taunt. On the other hand if they SR, you're just going to be locking yourself into a weak set-up fodder move and be down entry hazards.

Sets for the rest of your pokemon aren't great either. Blissey's being overloaded and as a result is set up fodder for pretty much 90% of sweepers in the game. Bite on Gyara is a big no (except on CB - does it get Crunch btw?) - Bounce outdamages it against Starmie anyway as well as hitting a vast number of other targets better.

More importantly your team lacks a lot of functional synergy. You've got a stall setup with Gyara / Blissey / Rotom but no entry hazards besides SR. Meanwhile your entire team is very vulnerable to entry hazards but you've got no Spinner.

Anyway, the problems you've got can be fixed. First of all definitely replace Kingdra with specially defensive standard Forretress. Next you should switch out your Jirachi for the usual Hippowdon with SR (phys. def or sp. def is up to you, I'd recommend special because it doubles as a CM Jirachi hard counter and you already cover Lucario and the like perfectly well).

Now some smaller moveset changes. Run either a SubRoost set on Zapdos (Thunderbolt / Sub / Roost / Roar) or a standard physically defensive set (SubRoost definitely fits the team better though). Bounce > Bite on Gyarados, alternatively, switch to a RestTalk set. Go with the standard WishBliss, or ClericBliss if you do use RestTalk Gyara. Finally run 252 HP / 40 SpAtk / 216 Speed Timid on your Scarf Rotom, the speed still lets you outrun +1 Gyarados but the significant plus in bulk is massively helpful against Forry and Starmie.

Hope these changes work out, good luck :)

Thanks for your post bubbly, I will try these things out. Yea, Gyara doesn't get Crunch for a weird reason... Anyways I will try this Bouncing Gyara on my team. I am kind of afraid about lead Azelf if using Forretress lead but I will try this thing out.

Hippowdon is great wall but 3 pokemons are still damged by Sandstorm which stops my Leftovers healing. Oh well, I will test my new members on this team and see how it goes :p

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay...I'm not convinced by the Kingdra lead to be honest. If the opponents lead is going to be KO'd by the Kingdra (e.g. Heatran mainly) he's going to switch first turn anyway. The only thing I really see it being good against is Swampert, and Aerodactyl / Azelf possibly if they Taunt. On the other hand if they SR, you're just going to be locking yourself into a weak set-up fodder move and be down entry hazards.
just wanted to point out it also does very well against trick scarf leads that will expect dd or something, and so will trick in general

You've done a very nice job of making some original sets. However they don't seem to synergies well with your team. For example Gyarados has Bite, yet Blissey walls Starmie all day and even has Stealth rocks if Starmie decides to rapid spin. Blissey has Shadow Ball, yet Gengar can't switch into any of your pokemon.

For Gyarados I recommend using Return over Bite, it provides almost perfect neutral coverage in OU except for the currently very rare Empoleon. With 102 base power it almost hits just as hard as a super effective bite (60 x 2 = 120 base power). With 100 accuracy Return seems to be the move your looking for.

For Blissey I recommend removing Heal bell and using Seismic Toss instead. Seismic toss will make Blissey so much more useful, allowing it to check many more special attackers such as Heatran and Suicune, it also allows Blissey to wear down it's switch ins.

I'm sorry to say that I'm also not a fan of your lead. It fails to actually achieve either of an anti leads goals:
1) To prevent entry hazards
2) To get an early advantage

Kingdra does not do enough damage to OHKO anything without a focus sash that sets up stealth rocks, except for most Heatrans.

Hp Grass vs 252hp Swampert = 67.3% - 79.2%
Dracco Meteor vs 252gp Colbur azelf = 79.1% - 93.5%
Hydro Pump vs 252hp Metagross = 47.3% - 56%
Hydro Pump vs 252hp/252sp.def Calm Heatran = 62.2% - 73.6%

As Kingdra doesn't learn taunt it can only prevent rocks from standard Heatran leads. Kingdra also doesn't get an early advantage. Kingdra cannot give your team momentum as it has relative low special attack and will be locked into one type of move. Kingdra also won't get any KO's early on as the only lead it OHKO's is Heatran, which will just switch out.

To solve this, I recommend replacing your lead Kingdra for anti lead Starmie. Starmie is one of the best anti leads as it can both prevent stealth rocks from going up and give your team early momentum.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)