Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was an underpowered tier, there would have to be some restrictions on the tier. Species Clause, perhaps, Ability Clause, maybe even a Move Clause.

I don't know.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Any good Serene Grace abuser?

Serene Grace+Sacred Fire is incredibly powerful on paper.
Scald can be used if Flash Fire is too popular.

Also No guard+Sing/Inferno/Zap Cannon/Dynamic Punch makes for a good status plataform and gets past Sap Sipper if you want to sleep something.

May as well use Hypnosis over Sing. More PP and you aren't blocked by Soundproof. Not that Soundproof is at all common, but Hypnosis has no real downside with No Guard compared to Sing, so...

If showdown decided to work, illusion would be fun.

put shedinja in the last spot and give illusion to slacking or something. As they try and residual you are free to bellyspeed sweep. If blissey comes in the illusion blocks imposter

Nobody is gunna be attacking shedinja so the the illuion won't be broken. Everyobe will just run around trying to toxic the bitch before it 1hkos

put shedinja in the last spot and give illusion to slacking or something. As they try and residual you are free to bellyspeed sweep. If blissey comes in the illusion blocks imposter

Nobody is gunna be attacking shedinja so the the illuion won't be broken. Everyobe will just run around trying to toxic the bitch before it 1hkos
This post is win, that'd be hilarious.

I agree I would like an underpowered tier, but that would be hard to set up. Because people will still run the same sets just with different pokes. The only reason giratina has such a high usage is because its the bulkiest pokemon in the game. And if we had an underpowered tier people would just use the next bulkiest pokemon with the same sets as giratina.
Certainly its typing has something to do with its usage (immune to Extremespeed), its decent speed, and the fact it doesn't have a paltry attacking stat. When you go down the list of next bulkiest Pokemon, they don't fill the same shoes. Not even close.

I personally like Poison Heal + Coil a lot, for a number of reasons:

1. Poison Protects you from all sorts of Spore, even with Mold Breaker (which magicbounce does not)
2. Coil helps against Huge Power gigas very well.
3. Poison relies on your item, so Blissey gains nothing from it. Typically I use Sacred Fire as a coverage move, Since the burn is somewhat crucial for outstalling lefties blissey.
4. Gaining 12.5% each turn along with def boosts can make it hard for Shedinja to finish you off, while you can go for sacred fire burns.
5. Protect fucks with Copytail strategies somewhat.

Traditional phazing works against it, of course, but there are worse things to be stopped by in hackmons. Im not sure what the best user of this stratis, though, since back when i was doing this Rock Arceus could hold a toxic orb on PS, lol. Normal Arceus might work well, if you accept damaging Giratina as a lost cause. Unfortunately Ghost/Dragon type STAB makes it hard to break past Blissey. Perhaps Palkia could work too, using Water STAB to avoid Blissey.

Quiver Dance is useable with this strat, too, but helps less vs. Extremespeed, and no sacred fire.

Well anything that gets STAB on Sacred Fire can't be Burned, so that wouldn't help much with Blissey. Palkia seems like it could work well, but Contrary Dragon-types will run right through it. I then thought of Dialga but I realized that it can't be Poisoned.

Edit: Copycat+Dragon Tail shouldn't work because Copycat can't copy Dragon Tail. I'm not sure if that glitch exists on PS.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Well anything that gets STAB on Sacred Fire can't be Burned, so that wouldn't help much with Blissey. Palkia seems like it could work well, but Contrary Dragon-types will run right through it. I then thought of Dialga but I realized that it can't be Poisoned.

Edit: Copycat+Dragon Tail shouldn't work because Copycat can't copy Dragon Tail. I'm not sure if that glitch exists on PS.
It has been fixed.

The only big issues I have with this (meaning its viable) is that you need to send in Slaking on a faint (as opposed to switching in on an attack) and that +6 Slaking without Pure Power actually fails to ohko Giratina with Shadow Sneak (its that bulky, for reference, slaking would have about 2016 attack).

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Recover

This is quite a fun set to abuse Serene Grace. Despite many considering it cheap, flinch-hax is an effective way of killing things. This Dialga set can pull off the strategy exceptionally well. With a bit of luck, you could end up killing literally anything. The partial Steel typing is incredibly useful as it provides a resistance to Extremespeed.

This is a list of pokemon that are not be OHKO'd by +6 Pure Power Slaking's ExtremeSpeed (Excluding immunities) :

Probopass
Bastiodon
Regirock
Aggron (11% chance to 2HKO.)
Lairon
Aron
Steelix

That is a list of 7 pokemon, none of which are competitively useable. That prover, people, that Belly Drum Slaking has no useable hard counters.

I have a feeling all of those Pokemon die to a Mach Punch, anyway, except maybe Steelix. It's clear that the only way to kill Slaking is either with a Prankster (for Spore) Ghost-type that can take a Shadow Sneak or a faster Pokemon with Extremespeed.

This is a list of pokemon that are not be OHKO'd by +6 Pure Power Slaking's ExtremeSpeed (Excluding immunities) :

Probopass
Bastiodon
Regirock
Aggron (11% chance to 2HKO.)
Lairon
Aron
Steelix

That is a list of 7 pokemon, none of which are competitively useable. That prover, people, that Belly Drum Slaking has no useable hard counters.
What abouta blissey w/ slaking's defenses?

Did everyone forget about Haze? Red Card?

It is quite unlikely that a Slaking (or team) will have anyway to get another Belly Drum off.

^Good point. But that way, any 'mon who can KO it with sturdy who switches in on the BD/a death can take the ES and KO. I'm searching for a 'mon that can counter BD Slaking without using the ability slot.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Prankster Giratina-A with a +speed nature outspeeds base 100's with a neutral one so as long as Slaking doesn't run +speed Giratina-A will always win.

Would +6 unstabbed Pursuit from Giratina-A be enough to OHKO Slaking if it switches out?
If so I'd run heart Swap/Extremespeed/Mach Punch/Pursuit.

The best way to deal with it is probably checking it with faster Ghost types. Prankster Gengar with Encore and Destiny Bond can switch into Belly Drum or ES and cripple/KO Slaking.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What is the most common ability on Slaking anyways? Pure/Huge Power? I'm asking because I've seen some Slaking use Scrappy meaning even Giratina loses to +6 Silk Scarf Extremespeed iirc. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)