Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't think anybody ever accepted to ref my match with jas, so I'll cancel that and send out some new challenges.

Challenge 1:
2v2 Middlemon Singles or Doubles (Challenger's choice)
2 Day DQ
5 Chills/ 2 Recoveries per pokemon
2 Substitutions
Arena: Ref's choice
Accepting, if you would be willing to accept a particularly fleshed-out Monohm with 6/9 EC that will not be evolving during the fight as a middlemon.

Doubles
Sequences=OFF
Switch=Dohvahkiin
Abilities=All
Items=Training

I think I might give my trial Bug arena another run..

Open Challenge
4 vs 4 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
2 Substitutions
Arena: Ilex Forest
Ilex Forest

The very same dark and dense forest that Bugsy, the original Bug Gym Leader honed his skills in is the home of CAP ASB's own creepy crawly (potential) Bug Gym. The canopy is thick, but not so thick as to prevent all weather from making it inside. And yes it's a little dark, but nowhere near as hostile as some other arenas in that sense. The real key here is the hovels, mosses, shrubs and trap holes that only a type that has spent the most of its existence living within the forest could possibly know about. The bugs are at home here, and all other type unwelcome visitors.

Arena Effects:
- With so many Bugs calling the forest home the String Shots have been fired over almost every inch of the field. Any non Bug type Pokemon on the field will constantly suffer a single stage drop in their speed.
- All weather is possible in the forest, but any Bug type Pokemon will function as if they have the Cloud Nine trait. This is because they all know just where to hide to avoid the weather in their home forest. This does not give Bug types the ability to cancel existing weathers like normal Cloud Nine users, just the other effects.
- Any entry hazard put in place by a Bug type Pokemon will also make use of the natural mosses of the forest floor to provide extra fixation. This means the hazards cannot be removed via Rapid Spin, or by any other method.
- Finally while the forest does provide an amount of rocks necessary for such typed attacks, those present are of course covered in mosses and fungi. Any non Bug type using them for an attack will suffer a flat 15% drop in accuracy on the move.

Who's up for it?

3v3 Doubles
Weakmons
2 recoveries/5 chills
1 Day DQ
2 subs
Arena: A lush forest. Only Rain and Sun allowed.

Training items preferred if possible. :D

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
THREE identical challenges!

3v3 FE Singles [Training!]
Both trainers will choose from a public bank of 8, sent to the ref.
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Switch = KO
2-day DQ
1 Sub
ASB Arena

No items is preferable.

None of the above three challenges appeal to me, so I'll make my own.

4v4 singles
NFEs, including middle-stage mons (no becoming fully evolved during the battle)
2 recoveries/99 chills
3 day DQ
1 sub against pokemon with 20 or fewer moves, 2 subs against pokemon with 21 or more moves
Items: Training items and arena items only
Arena: Bubs' Concession Stand

The battle takes place around Bubs’ Concession Stand where Bubs sells all types of crazy crap!

Basic features
  • No external water source
  • No external rocks
  • Plenty of external grass
  • Weather is allowed and works as normal
  • Digging is allowed and works as normal
  • Seismic moves (ie, Earthquake, Magnitude, Bulldoze and Fissure) are allowed and work as normal
  • All of the above are subject to change as the battle goes on
Special features

Players start with $200 and, upon sending out their initial pokemon, can use this money to buy items for this battle from Bubs. Every time a pokemon gets a KOC, the owner gets another $50 and may buy more items from Bubs before the next pokemon is sent out. Once a player buys an item, he/she may equip it to any of his/her pokemon as long as the pokemon doesn't already have an item. Items bought in this battle cannot be taken out of the battle and items cannot be sold to Bubs.

Here are the available items and their prices. Items marked with a (*) are ones that affect the arena and are not held by pokemon, so when buying such items, the player does not need to specify a pokemon to hold the item.
  • Aspear Berry
  • Cheri Berry
  • Chesto Berry
  • Pecha Berry
  • Persim Berry
  • Rawst Berry
  • Leppa Berry
  • Lum Berry
  • Mental Herb
  • Oran Berry
  • Power Herb
  • Razz Berry
  • Sitrus Berry
  • White Herb
  • Absorb Bulb
  • Air Balloon
  • Cell Battery
  • Muscle Band
  • Sand Pit (*) - removes the external grass from the arena
  • Sticky Barb
  • WiseGlasses
  • Damp Rock
  • Heat Rock
  • Icy Rock
  • Instant Pond (*) - acts as an external water source
  • Iron Ball
  • Light Clay
  • Ring Target
  • Shoddy Decoy - the holder can use an action and 6 energy to gain a 1 HP Substitute without losing any HP (unless taunted); one use
  • Smooth Rock
  • Binding Band
  • Destiny Knot
  • Flame Orb
  • Giant Parasol (*) - prevents all weather unless the weather-inducing pokemon has the appropriate weather rock
  • Grip Claw
  • Metronome
  • Rock Pile (*) - acts as an external rock source
  • Scope Lens
  • Toxic Orb
  • Wide Lens
  • Zoom Lens
  • BrightPowder
  • Choice Band
  • Choice Scarf
  • Choice Specs
  • King’s Rock
  • Rocky Helmet
  • Seismic Dampener (*) - prevents seismic moves
  • Supercharger - when the holder uses a combo, its energy cost is reduced to (EC + (EC+4))*1.25 for same-move combos or (EC 1 + EC 2) for different-move combos; three uses.
  • Titanium Underlay (*) - prevents digging
  • Big Root
  • Enigma Berry
  • Eviolite
  • Expert Belt
  • Focus Band
  • Focus Sash
  • Leftovers
  • Life Orb
  • Razor Claw
  • Razor Fang
  • Smoke Ball

Challenge: To Complications
2v2 singles
Basics only
Sequences:on
2 day DQ
1 sub per pkmn.
4 cool downs
Arena: A forest surrounded by Dark plates at twilight (by the way it sucks).

Time to end your winning streak!
Challenging Typon:
2v2 NFE doubles
2 day DQ
2 Recovers, 5 chills
1 substitution
Field Type: Normal
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: No sandstorm or hail, artificial water source, no diving

Indoors in a large barren white-walled room is the Normal gym of Yarnus senior. However, due to the immense power of the stash of Normal gems Yarnus has kept, the room of able to alter itself to get rid of another type. As a result, fighting type moves become *1.1 against Normal types and other resistances and weaknesses are only .9 and 1.7, respectively. If something would be neutral against an attack due to a combination, e.g. Venasaur vs Ground, it instead becomes 1.53(.9*1.7) Also, non-STAB moves gain two (2) extra BP. All moves not specified to be disallowed are allowed. Nature Power is a random type each time it is used. En for each normal mon starts at 110. Due to the bright artificial and natural light everywhere, all moves requiring light or benefiting from it take 2 less energy. Chlorophyll is activated automatically, and only goes away if Rain is summoned.

Edit: cool! 8888th post

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus

4v4 singles
2 recoveries/99 chills
3 day DQ
1 sub against pokemon with 20 or fewer moves, 2 subs against pokemon with 21 or more moves

The battle takes place around Bubs’ Concession Stand where Bubs sells all types of crazy crap!

Basic features
  • No external rocks
  • Seismic moves (ie, Earthquake, Magnitude, Bulldoze and Fissure) are allowed and work as normal
Special features

Players start with $200 and, upon sending out their initial pokemon, can use this money to buy items for this battle from Bubs. Every time a pokemon gets a KOC, the owner gets another $50 and may buy more items from Bubs before the next pokemon is sent out. Once a player buys an item, he/she may equip it to any of his/her pokemon as long as the pokemon doesn't already have an item. Items bought in this battle cannot be taken out of the battle and items cannot be sold to Bubs.

Here are the available items and their prices. Items marked with a (*) are ones that affect the arena and are not held by pokemon, so when buying such items, the player does not need to specify a pokemon to hold the item.
  • Aspear Berry
  • Cheri Berry
  • Chesto Berry
  • Pecha Berry
  • Persim Berry
  • Rawst Berry
  • Leppa Berry
  • Lum Berry
  • Mental Herb
  • Oran Berry
  • Power Herb
  • Razz Berry
  • Sitrus Berry
  • White Herb
  • Absorb Bulb
  • Air Balloon
  • Cell Battery
  • Muscle Band
  • Sticky Barb
  • WiseGlasses
  • Damp Rock
  • Heat Rock
  • Icy Rock
  • Iron Ball
  • Light Clay
  • Ring Target
  • Shoddy Decoy - the holder can use an action and 6 energy to gain a 1 HP Substitute without losing any HP (unless taunted); one use
  • Smooth Rock
  • Binding Band
  • Destiny Knot
  • Flame Orb
  • Giant Parasol (*) - prevents all weather unless the weather-inducing pokemon has the appropriate weather rock
  • Grip Claw
  • Metronome
  • Scope Lens
  • Toxic Orb
  • Wide Lens
  • Zoom Lens
  • BrightPowder
  • Choice Band
  • Choice Scarf
  • Choice Specs
  • King’s Rock
  • Rocky Helmet
  • Supercharger - when the holder uses a combo, its energy cost is reduced to (EC + (EC+4))*1.25 for same-move combos or (EC 1 + EC 2) for different-move combos; three uses.
  • Big Root
  • Enigma Berry
  • Eviolite
  • Expert Belt
  • Focus Band
  • Focus Sash
  • Leftovers
  • Life Orb
  • Razor Claw
  • Razor Fang
  • Smoke Ball
Accepting!

Switch: OK
Abilities: All

4v4 singles
2 recoveries/99 chills
3 day DQ

Basic features
  • No external rocks
Special features

• Aspear Berry
  • Cheri Berry
  • Chesto Berry
  • Pecha Berry
  • Persim Berry
  • Rawst Berry
  • Leppa Berry
  • Lum Berry
  • Mental Herb
  • Oran Berry
  • Power Herb
  • Razz Berry
  • Sitrus Berry
  • White Herb
  • Absorb Bulb
  • Air Balloon
  • Cell Battery
  • Muscle Band
  • Sticky Barb
  • WiseGlasses
  • Damp Rock
  • Heat Rock
  • Icy Rock
  • Iron Ball
  • Light Clay
  • Ring Target
  • Smooth Rock
  • Binding Band
  • Destiny Knot
  • Flame Orb
  • Grip Claw
  • Metronome
  • Scope Lens
  • Toxic Orb
  • Wide Lens
  • Zoom Lens
  • BrightPowder
  • Choice Band
  • Choice Scarf
  • Choice Specs
  • King’s Rock
  • Rocky Helmet
  • Big Root
  • Enigma Berry
  • Eviolite
  • Expert Belt
  • Focus Band
  • Focus Sash
  • Leftovers
  • Life Orb
  • Razor Claw
  • Razor Fang
  • Smoke Ball
Accepting!

Switch: OK
Abilities: All
Reffing.
PM me mons

Open Challenge:
1v1 Little Cup Singles.
2 Recoveries, Infinite Chills, 1 Substitution
2 Day DQ
Arena: Unown Soup!

It can be a training battle if the acceptor wishes.

I'd also like to request items be on, even if just for training items.

Dropping my match with SubwayJ for a flash with Temperantia

1v1 NFE Singles
1 hour DQ
2 recoveries/ 2 chills
ASB Arena
Items = Training or off
Abilities = all

Umm, AOPSUser, is it ok if i take this? We all kinda arranged this on IRC, to where i'd ref. I hope that's ok with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)