THE WILD ONES

My rain team wasn't really successfull, but now I'm back with a real badass team :)

Team at a glance:

How I built this team:
I started off to make a core that I really liked, being the Scizor Kingdra core.

Now I found out that to be safe, I needed something to take both a fire move, and a dragon move, being that I chose the Heatran. Its specially defensiv, which means it can take Draco meteors all day

Since I now got a specially defensive pokemon, I decided to make a physically defensive one too. After surfing through my favourites, I decided to use Ferrothorn.

I found out that I was really weak to fighting, so I needed some resistance. So I decided to use a Bulky ghost type, with some fire power. Dusknoir fitted perfectly in here

Im still pretty weak to fighting, so I needed a resister, plus a special sweeper. So I decided to use Alakazam

My team is now prepared to meet a lot of things, but Tomahawk9 mentioned my weakness to ground, which I havent really been thinking about. He recommended a bulky Gyarados to replace Dusknoir, since it can also handle fighting types with ease.

I've had some troubles with some walls, so I decided to put a stallBreaker on the team, which is why I put Crobat on. Crobat got a decent amount of hp, and with some physical bulk in, it outspeeds every wall and can otherwise take hits from them just aswell.

Cleric needed, so Blissey is neccesary.

I screwed up the team, didnt know how to play it anymore, so had to fix that.

Chain'z (Scizor) (M) @ Metal Coat
Trait: Technician
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Night slash
- Superpower

The revenge killer :naughty: Scizor is indeed the most used pokemon, and I see why. Bullet punch is it's main move, and with STAB, 394 atk Technician boosted AND metal coat boosted, it's gonna 2HKO everything, without losing any health! The speed Ev's are there for skarmory's, to deliver superpowers, and roost is rly helpful during set up. Swords dance is the set up move :heart:
Changed the EV spread so it will be able to take a Close Combat from a Banded Jolly Terrakion. It will have at least 0.3% hp left ^^
Threats:
Jellicent is a huge problem, while threatening with a burn, scizor can't hurt it at all. Luckily, both Heatran and Alakazam can absorb the WOW's, while setting up on it. Heatran can take a scald, then toxic it and SubStall. Can also switch to kingdra while SubStalling :heart: Night slash now takes care, thanks Aadvaki :)

Whirlstorm (Kingdra) (M) @ Haban berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

My awesome whirlstorm, the [pimg]230[/pimg] is an awesome sweeper. It's my anti-weather pkmn, and physical sweeper, with 2 strong STAB attacks. Waterfall is also boosted by rain dance, and with swift swim, this shit is a beast! Besides dat, it also creates the famous Scizor-Kingdra core, where Kingdra 4x resists fire, + rain, while scizor resists dragon :heart:

DaWiseOl'Man (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Shadow ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Every team need's a special sweeper, which is why I put Alakazam here. And since Kingdra and Scizor does resist all of it's weaknesses, it makes it even more perfect! One calm mind is usually enough to sweep a whole team, and with great STABs, its fucking awesome!

He did a better job in this team than blissey.

Threats:
Jirachi is a huge threat, since it resists all of Alakazam's attacks, except focus blast. And with a strong Iron head and Thunder wave, my alakazam is screwed. It's bad defensive stats will be it's doom. Heatran is a great Jirachi wall, and doesn't really mind a t-wave, since it's rather slow anyways. Fire blast will do ALOOOT to a jirachi.:heart:

Metal face (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Roar

Ahh, my special wall. I know rotom-W can take a STAB draco meteor from a Modest Life orb hydreigon pretty well, so why can't a Heatran, with better defensive stats and the blessed resistance take a DM? It can, and like a boss too :heart: Fire blast is a great STAB attack, and with a flash fire boost, my opponent is doomed. Besides dat, my SubStalling is the main strategy, along with raoring out potential threats.
Could'nt really take on other heatrans before, but now it can. Toxic is still avilable ^^
Back to toxic again now.

Threats: Tyranitar
is a major threat to this thing, with moves like either EQ or SuperPower. My kingdra can finish the sandstorm though, and my Scizor can take the moves like a boss, then KO with superpower.

Tomahawk9 (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

Gyarados replaced L.A. noir, my awesome dusknoir, bcoz I didn't have any pkmns to take an EQ. This set also stops Lucario's and other stuff, like Tomahawk9 mentioned (Thank you so much ^^). It can also take hits like a boss, so resting wont really be a problem. It does resist Fighting, which was Dusknoir's primary job, and got a blessed fire resistance, seeing that two of my pokemons are 4x weak to fire!
THREATS: Defensive Sub
Zapdos is a huge problem, as it can sub to take the Dtails, while firing off 4x effective Tbolts. Luckily, my 3 steel types can take Tbolts all day, while not being toxiced, but only using Zapdos as a set-yp fodder.

Furious ape! (Infernape) (M) @ Choice scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 152 Atk / 152 SAtk / 204 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- HiddenPower [Ice]
- Mach Punch

My anti BlissSkarm ape. Fire blast over overheat, in case my opponent is a good predicter. Infernape is a great mixewd attacker, so why not? Tpunch really hurtz Gyarados', which otherwise is a great counter to this shit.
Now carries hp ice to take care of both gliscors and landorus, and this ape is afaster than a choice scarf lando now bcoz of scarf and 1 more speed

THREATS: Timid Alakazams, and otherwise all scarfed pokes with special attacks can OHKO this Ape with almost whutever attack.
Bcoz of scarf, only sash or scarfed alakazams are a problem

THREATS!

Terrakion is always a threat, but Scizor can KO it bfore it can KO scizor.
In sandstorm I might get some problems though, especially with a Sub Swords dance set. Been testing, and Scizor can OHKO most Terrakion set's with BP

Any kind off gyarados is a big threat, since I can't hit them super effectively. Need to fix dat. Psychic from alakazam is a 2HKO though....
Walled by my own gyara

Scarfed zapdos is hard to predict, and since I got nothing to outspeed it, except kingdra after setting up, it's a great late game sweeper

Chandelure is a beast, and I got nothing to take it out D: Gotta change a move... Now got shadow ball on alakazam, will KO :)

THREATS WILL BE UPDATED AS SOON AS I MEET ONE!

EARLIER TEAM MEMBERS

L.A. Noir (Dusknoir) (M) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SDef
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Punch
Since I like playing defensively, Dusknoir is a nice pokemon to use in the last slot. I do really need someone to resist fighting, so why not use a pokemon which is immune? Dusknoir also got great defensive stats, a nice attack stat, and perfect movepool! SubSplitting with WOW, no physical attacker is safe. I wanted some firepower too, so Shadow punch is really awesome! 287 atk is great, and spooky plate and STAB will boost it's shadow punch ALOT.

Threats: Gengar is a huge problem, since it's shadow ball is really powerfull, + STAB and super effective. Dusknoir can hit it hard, but Gengar is most likely goiung to win. Scizor can come in though, and most likely KO with BP:heart:

BlisNoSkarm? (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

I needed a cleric, and this was the best set I saw, so here it is. Useful too ^^ Bulky water pokemons like Garados and Suicune were a problem, so Tbolt fits perfectly.

THREATS: Cant do shit to Gliscor.

Rape thingy (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

If I got a special wall, I need a physical wall too. Ferrothorn is again one of the most used pokemons, and I see why. Leech seed and gyro ball is a must-have on a pokemon with 40 speed. I find thunder wave more useful than Power whip, since it only hits Swampert, quagsire and stuff like that hard. And since they're walls, and threaten out with leech side, it's not really neccesary to have PowerWhip. Spikes are a Waste-my-time thing, useful hazards though :heart:

Threats: Every fire pokemon will do a ton of damage, but luckily, I do got a heatran to take the fire blasts, and kingdra too. Kingdra can also KO with a STAB waterfall :heart:

Bat is WOW (Crobat) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

StallBreaker, really works out. Since most of the walls are either physical or night shading/Seismic tossing/(Oh whatever...), a defensive max hp pkmn should work out pretty well. Super fang will (As you might already know) take excactly 50% of your hp. Toxic stalling is always good, while Brave bird will damage almost whutever really hard, since Crobat's got a nice atk stat. Spd isnt too neccesary, but pretty usefull.
Brave bird is no longer, taunt is better against walls with moves like recover and stuff, didnt really help against steel types anyways ^^

THREATS: Again, timid Alakazam is a big threat, but not rly a problem, since Scizor can take on almost whutever set, but Jolteons and timid timid Azelf is also a huge problem. Again, Heatran and Scizor saves the day, as well as Gyarados.

POSSIBLE MEMBERS

Gengar (?) @Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
252 Spd/160 SpA/92 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd,-SpA)

-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt

Guess who else can take an EQ.

I should consider putting a cleric on this team, since scizor cant be burned, and crobat wont like either a burn or para. The same with Kingdra, and since he's so popular to poison and para, I'd really like one. I'm also begging to be pretty weak to Stealth Rocks, which aint good either.

Hey! Nice team you have there :) Congrats! How are you doing on the ladder? There's not much I can say at first glance, but here're a few things:

- If you have trouble with Jirachi's Twaves, try a Cheri berry on Alakazam. With enough CM boosts, you won't miss LO's power too much, I think.
- Also if you want to surprise a Gengar, you could try the berry that halves damage from ghost moves, can't remember the name right now.

Not much else for now. Do you have problems against a specific kind of teams?

Hey nice team! Small suggestion-- revamp Dusknoir like this.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
252 HP (and a defensive spread of your choice)
-Will o Wisp
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake

This set destroyed in Gen IV-- okay I'm exaggerating, but it's good. Cripple offensive enemies such as Scizor, and hit Heatran Switch Ins. Thunderpunch takes care of Taunt/Sub Gyarados. Shadow Sneak allows you to beat some Gengars.

Limitations are the inability to handle Poison Healers, Gliscor and Breloom. Just something to think about

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're running a purely defensive Dusknoir with only one attack (that hits few things super-effectively) I suggest you use Dusclops instead. It has much higher bulk (thanks to Eviolite) and regains more health with Pain Split because of its lower HP stat. Here's a set:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade
-Ice Beam

This set counters a lot more Physical and mixed attackers than Dusknoir. It can Burn Terrakion, Dragonite, Landorus, SD Gliscor, Virizion as well as hitting a lot of them hard with Ice Beam. Night Shade gives it a constant 100 damage against Pokemon it can't hit super effectively and Pain Split gives it some form of recovery. The Speed IV of 0 makes Pain Split more effective and lowers Payback's damage output.

Hey! Nice team you have there :) Congrats! How are you doing on the ladder? There's not much I can say at first glance, but here're a few things:

- If you have trouble with Jirachi's Twaves, try a Cheri berry on Alakazam. With enough CM boosts, you won't miss LO's power too much, I think.
- Also if you want to surprise a Gengar, you could try the berry that halves damage from ghost moves, can't remember the name right now.

Not much else for now. Do you have problems against a specific kind of teams?
Thank you so much but the lack of power on alakazam will be a problem for killing gyarados. Cheri sure is interresting, so I will try it out, and see if it works better. About the Dusknoir, he can take shadow balls all right, and if the the gengar isn't sashed, a shadow punch with the 20% boost is sure to KO. and
BugdomKing said:
Hey nice team! Small suggestion-- revamp Dusknoir like this.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
252 HP (and a defensive spread of your choice)
-Will o Wisp
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake

This set destroyed in Gen IV-- okay I'm exaggerating, but it's good. Cripple offensive enemies such as Scizor, and hit Heatran Switch Ins. Thunderpunch takes care of Taunt/Sub Gyarados. Shadow Sneak allows you to beat some Gengars.

Limitations are the inability to handle Poison Healers, Gliscor and Breloom. Just something to think about
Tnx, but no tnx :heart: My dusknoir is not meant to be purely offensive, but a little offensive. It will hit everything but normal pokes hard, and physical set-upers cant really take a burn. SubSplit is the main reason to have him, so no tnx:heart: And last but not least
SkullCandy said:
If you're running a purely defensive Dusknoir with only one attack (that hits few things super-effectively) I suggest you use Dusclops instead. It has much higher bulk (thanks to Eviolite) and regains more health with Pain Split because of its lower HP stat. Here's a set:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade
-Ice Beam

This set counters a lot more Physical and mixed attackers than Dusknoir. It can Burn Terrakion, Dragonite, Landorus, SD Gliscor, Virizion as well as hitting a lot of them hard with Ice Beam. Night Shade gives it a constant 100 damage against Pokemon it can't hit super effectively and Pain Split gives it some form of recovery. The Speed IV of 0 makes Pain Split more effective and lowers Payback's damage output.
You can't really say that Dusclops is an offensive poke, and the reason I chose Dusknoir, is because of its potential power. Shadow punch will hit most of the threats hard :heart: But thank you anyways ^^
FTW

Hey, I got your message. First off, I'd like to suggest some minor changes. I would change Ferrothorn's moveset to Stealth Rock / Spikes or Leech Seed / Thunder Wave / Power Whip. Gyro Ball is rather redundant with Thunder Wave, and Power Whip needs to be there to hit Gyarados, who can otherwise tank a few Gyro Balls thanks to its resistance. Stealth Rock is also a much more useful entry hazard than Spikes, hitting Dragonite and Volcarona much harder, and also hits everything unlike Spikes.

Lucario can set up by threatening out Ferrothorn or Heatran, and then sweep your team. Close Combat decimates Scizor, Kingdra, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, while Alakazam falls to ExtremeSpeed. Dusknoir is unable to take a +2 Crunch, taking a minimum of 115%.
Landorus, or any powerful Earthquake user will trouble your team. Having no Earthquake resist means it can just come in on Heatran or anything in Earthquake range, and use Earthquake to KO something.

I suggest that you replace Dusknoir with a defensive Gyarados. Gyarados still is a great Fighting-type counter, thanks to its resistance and Intimidate. It is also able to take on Lucario, taking a maximum of 46% from Close Combat after a Swords Dance, and can then KO Lucario with Waterfall after Stealth Rock, Life Orb, and a Defense drop, or phaze out with Dragon Tail. Gyarados also takes on Earthquake users such as Landorus reliably, being immune to Earthquake and having Intimidate to cushion coverage moves such as Stone Edge, and can take out Landorus with a single Waterfall. The set is:

Gyarados @ Leftovers | Intimidate
Impish | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Rest / Sleep Talk / Waterfall / Dragon Tail

Good luck with the team!

Hey, I got your message. First off, I'd like to suggest some minor changes. I would change Ferrothorn's moveset to Stealth Rock / Spikes or Leech Seed / Thunder Wave / Power Whip. Gyro Ball is rather redundant with Thunder Wave, and Power Whip needs to be there to hit Gyarados, who can otherwise tank a few Gyro Balls thanks to its resistance. Stealth Rock is also a much more useful entry hazard than Spikes, hitting Dragonite and Volcarona much harder, and also hits everything unlike Spikes.

Lucario can set up by threatening out Ferrothorn or Heatran, and then sweep your team. Close Combat decimates Scizor, Kingdra, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, while Alakazam falls to ExtremeSpeed. Dusknoir is unable to take a +2 Crunch, taking a minimum of 115%.
Landorus, or any powerful Earthquake user will trouble your team. Having no Earthquake resist means it can just come in on Heatran or anything in Earthquake range, and use Earthquake to KO something.

I suggest that you replace Dusknoir with a defensive Gyarados. Gyarados still is a great Fighting-type counter, thanks to its resistance and Intimidate. It is also able to take on Lucario, taking a maximum of 46% from Close Combat after a Swords Dance, and can then KO Lucario with Waterfall after Stealth Rock, Life Orb, and a Defense drop, or phaze out with Dragon Tail. Gyarados also takes on Earthquake users such as Landorus reliably, being immune to Earthquake and having Intimidate to cushion coverage moves such as Stone Edge, and can take out Landorus with a single Waterfall. The set is:

Gyarados @ Leftovers | Intimidate
Impish | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Rest / Sleep Talk / Waterfall / Dragon Tail

Good luck with the team!
Thank you so much, I'm going to use the Gyarados, coz it really works out ^^ The ferrothorn will stay as it was, bcoz its my sweeper stopper. T-wave and gyro ball is a bad mix up, yes, but since ferrothorn is so slow already, it doesnt really matter too much.
besides dat, I only para stuff like Ddancers and agility set uppers.
Like a boss :)

Tomahawk9 (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail FTW

U gave me the set, and its name will be urs ^^... or sumthing like that. Thank you so much for helping em out ^^

Hey there, i like your team a lot. I suggest using this set on Scizor. It's amazing.

Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 56 Atk / 208 SpD / 12 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Bug Bite

Hey there, i like your team a lot. I suggest using this set on Scizor. It's amazing.

Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 56 Atk / 208 SpD / 12 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Bug Bite
The problem with that set, is that Scizor can't OHKO Terrakion with BP, which is half the point to run the set I'm using. But thanks ^^

Your team is okay, in my opinion. You have a problem with possessing very little offensive pressure. Ferrothorn walls your entire arsenal of sweepers. Even Alakazam can only hope for a OHKO with Focus Blast. Chansey takes care of Alakazam because you don't run Psyshock. What I'm saying is, Walls wall you. You require a few turns of set up to actually do something, and by then, your opponent can cripple you. Whether it's a Jirachi Thunder Wave-ing your Scizor, a Ferrothorn taking chunks out of your physical Kingdra, or pretty much anything hitting Alakazam and then hitting it again with a piece of paper to kill it. Might want to do some thinking on that.

Your team is okay, in my opinion. You have a problem with possessing very little offensive pressure. Ferrothorn walls your entire arsenal of sweepers. Even Alakazam can only hope for a OHKO with Focus Blast. Chansey takes care of Alakazam because you don't run Psyshock. What I'm saying is, Walls wall you. You require a few turns of set up to actually do something, and by then, your opponent can cripple you. Whether it's a Jirachi Thunder Wave-ing your Scizor, a Ferrothorn taking chunks out of your physical Kingdra, or pretty much anything hitting Alakazam and then hitting it again with a piece of paper to kill it. Might want to do some thinking on that.
I guess ur right there, Alakazam cant really do much to most chansey's and blissey's, but jirachi aint a big problem. Scizor doesnt have any great speed either, so para dun rly makes a big threat out of it. But yes, I should hvae a stallbreaker. Brb :toast:

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

^ This.
Why don't you try a wallbreaking Infernape instead of Heatran?

This is the set I use
Ape@Life Orb
Hasty
252 speed 220 Attack 32 Sp Attack

Overheat
Close Combat
Grass knot
Stone Edge

This fixes your Blissey and Ferrothorn issues,and allows you to actually do something to Gastrodon and RestTalk Milotic. Jellicent still trolls you a bit though,so Taunt can also be used. Also,don't be afraid to play around with the EVs to suit your team.

^ This.
Why don't you try a wallbreaking Infernape instead of Heatran?

This is the set I use
Ape@Life Orb
Hasty
252 speed 220 Attack 32 Sp Attack

Overheat
Close Combat
Grass knot
Stone Edge

This fixes your Blissey and Ferrothorn issues,and allows you to actually do something to Gastrodon and RestTalk Milotic. Jellicent still trolls you a bit though,so Taunt can also be used. Also,don't be afraid to play around with the EVs to suit your team.
If u take a look at "Possible members", u will see that I'm already trying out an Infernape set of my own (Anti SkarmBliss) :)

Let me break it down, one by one:

Immediately, I can see that Scizor will be vulnerable to Ghosts all around, not just Jellicent. (Although that is your biggest threat) Not to mention that your moveset allows you to be walled by Zapdos, who can easily get a free Sub or go for the supereffective Heat Wave. Roost and the Metal Coat are not needed, in my opinion: go with either Pursuit or Night Slash to deal with the ghosts and get some of the more frail revenge killers, and I would go with the Life Orb, which can increase both of your main attacking moves' power, even at the cost of some HP. Considering the high HP spread on Scizor, I believe that would be ideal. You could replace Swords Dance with Roost, but I recommend it anyway, as unboosted Pursuit only does roughly 33.5% to physically defensive Zapdos who can OHKO with Heat Wave, and on a similar note, unboosted Pursuit (assuming Jelli doesn't switch) can only 2HKO physically defensive Jellicent, who automatically replies with Will-O-Wisp. Dusknoir and Eviolite Dusclops, it's a 3HKO. You get the point. Oh yeah, and beware of SubJirachi, who happily takes a Superpower and KOs with Fire Punch or HP Fire, and most of the dragons, who can take just about anything (Hydreigon only dies to Superpower, and is 2HKOed by Bullet Punch) and respond with DD, before they start sweeping.

Kingdra looks fine. Rain Dance is debatable, as it allows Vaporeon to come in later for Heatran and 2HKO with Scald (at least, most Vaporeons) Since once you remove the dragons from an opposing team, and you really won't have to worry about supereffective attacks, why not go for Substitute? SubKingdra can be pretty fearsome after just a few DDs, defeating anything that can take both of your STAB'd attacks. Anyways, counters...Hydreigon can be a mother, but Multiscale SubDragonite is one of the biggest threats to your entire team. I'm not asking for you do to do a MixDra, with Ice Beam and Draco Meteor, no. However, Clear Smog might be a considerable move for Kingdra here, along with Lefties. Your team has an immense problem with ghosts as well, with nothing really able to take anything from Gengar and lack of things to go into with T-Wave, so why not go for HP Ghost on Kingdra? It's pretty sneaky, and you can sit behind a Sub while watching Gengar and Dusknoir flail. Just a suggestion.

One look at that Crobat instantly confirms a problem: no way of stopping Heatran from setting up rocks and a 164 SpA Heatran is a guranteed KO with Fire Blast. I highly, HIGHLY recommend you replace either Roost or Brave Bird (Roost leaves you vulnerable to Bulldoze which is a 2HKO from Ferro and an OHKO from max attack Tyranitar, and Brave Bird will leave you open for a hit and really isn't great for attacking. Never found use for it on Skarm unless one predicts Infernape) with Whirlwind, and get your Ferrothorn's Spikes set up. Crobat in general has no way of dealing with Heatrans (Super Fang is cool, but will not KO) or Skarm, so you need to get them out of there before they wreak havoc with entry hazards. Scizor is just something you'll have to face, but Pursuit is only a 2HKO if you switch, thankfully. Magnezone can also be a huge pain. Just remember, find a place for Whirlwind. You won't regret it.

Your Heatran is okay. I would not go with Fire Blast, ever, but it still is a good slot. Heatran can actually go with Lava Plume, in my humble opinion, as it has much higher accuracy and has a higher burn rate. Toxic is a great choice, as it gets anything that isn't Steel and rapes everything that is. So, ironically, your only real counters to this thing are either: Bulked Up Infernape after Mach Punch 2HKOs, and Toxicroak after a Swords Dance and non-maxed Atk EVs can kill with Drain Punch, not caring for the Toxic or the Fire Blast. It can also set up rain to ensure it's survival of Fire Blast. But what I was saying about irony earlier was that your only real counter is another Heatran, one running 8 Speed (just enough to outspeed yours) and OHKO with Earth Power or 2HKO with Bulldoze. Either way, you're screwed if yoy don't get a Balloon for this thing. Lefties are fine, but a Balloon can ensure a Sub, and from there, madness. I do recommend maybe replacing a move with Stealth Rock, as you have no one like that on the team, but otherwise I see no clear flaws. Maybe Scarfed Landorus, but now I'm nitpicking.

When I see Ferro out in battles today, I smile and send in my Espeon. Which is likely what your opponent can do to you. Not to mention the constant threat of HP Fire Magnezone, who traps and kills. Spikes is the core of the moves on this setup, allowing Heatran to do its dirty work of Phazing. Thunder Wave can be replaced with Bulldoze, which can OHKO all non-defensive non-Balloon Heatrans, which can be a major threat. It can also take out Magnezones, but if they have Magnet Rise or a Balloon, you can call it quits for Ferro. Payback is a very good way of removing non-physically defensive Espeons, which usually 2HKOs. Not really liking that Gyro Ball; you could honestly do better with either Substitute, if to set up your Spikes more efficiently, or Taunt, which can shut down Blissey while you get a free switch to Scizor. Also, Venusaur can pose as a huge threat after a Sub with the potential HP Fire on Sun teams and maybe the Roar. If you want, you could get Power Whip going to 2HKO Vaporeon and OHKO Starmie, the former who can Phaze and the latter which can spin, but it's probably not neccesary, as Taunt can shut down Vaporeon and Payback can kill Starmie. So many choices.

Finally, Gyarados. This makes so much sense, except for the fact that I think I can provide you with your essential ghostkiller, who can defeat the ghosts who can destroy your Gyara with TBolt. Granted, always take Tomahawk9's choice over mine, but consider this as well:

Gengar (?) @Life Orb
Trait: Levitate (hey look, guess who else can take EQ!)
252 Spd/160 SpA/92 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd,-SpA)

-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave/Pain Split
-Thunderbolt/Energy Ball/Focus Blast

Yeah, you probably saw this coming. Gengar is a beast in OU, what with able to Substitute and then freely stick it's unneccesarily long tongue at opponents. Your team desperately needs this guy, maybe not in place of Gyara, but certainly somewhere. Your team, to begin with, has no real means of dealing with Heal Bell Blissey once Scizor is dead, so you can get the switch to this guy and Sub up, then deal a 2HKO with Focus Blast. T-Wave is for anything that isn't Ground. Of course, you could vary it a bit and use T-Bolt instead of Focus Blast to remove Gyara and Vaporeon, Energy Ball to remove Gastrodon and Swapert, etc. If you want, Taunt is also a viable option. Your Gengar also has the neat ability of having the immunity to EQ, except after Gravity, and all Gravity users are defeated by one of your attacking moves. I really think you should at least consider this guy for your team, but if you don't, that's fine.

Overall, I'd rate this team 8/10. While your team core is great, it's overshadowed by the fact that you have too many counters to too many of your team. Subrachi, Multiscale Dragonite, and Scarfed Lando/Thundurus can take out a chunk of your team easily, and you have no Spinner or counter to Deoxys-D. Your team is definitely better than most of the noobs to competetive battling.

Let me break it down, one by one:

Immediately, I can see that Scizor will be vulnerable to Ghosts all around, not just Jellicent. (Although that is your biggest threat) Not to mention that your moveset allows you to be walled by Zapdos, who can easily get a free Sub or go for the supereffective Heat Wave. Roost and the Metal Coat are not needed, in my opinion: go with either Pursuit or Night Slash to deal with the ghosts and get some of the more frail revenge killers, and I would go with the Life Orb, which can increase both of your main attacking moves' power, even at the cost of some HP. Considering the high HP spread on Scizor, I believe that would be ideal. You could replace Swords Dance with Roost, but I recommend it anyway, as unboosted Pursuit only does roughly 33.5% to physically defensive Zapdos who can OHKO with Heat Wave, and on a similar note, unboosted Pursuit (assuming Jelli doesn't switch) can only 2HKO physically defensive Jellicent, who automatically replies with Will-O-Wisp. Dusknoir and Eviolite Dusclops, it's a 3HKO. You get the point. Oh yeah, and beware of SubJirachi, who happily takes a Superpower and KOs with Fire Punch or HP Fire, and most of the dragons, who can take just about anything (Hydreigon only dies to Superpower, and is 2HKOed by Bullet Punch) and respond with DD, before they start sweeping.

Kingdra looks fine. Rain Dance is debatable, as it allows Vaporeon to come in later for Heatran and 2HKO with Scald (at least, most Vaporeons) Since once you remove the dragons from an opposing team, and you really won't have to worry about supereffective attacks, why not go for Substitute? SubKingdra can be pretty fearsome after just a few DDs, defeating anything that can take both of your STAB'd attacks. Anyways, counters...Hydreigon can be a mother, but Multiscale SubDragonite is one of the biggest threats to your entire team. I'm not asking for you do to do a MixDra, with Ice Beam and Draco Meteor, no. However, Clear Smog might be a considerable move for Kingdra here, along with Lefties. Your team has an immense problem with ghosts as well, with nothing really able to take anything from Gengar and lack of things to go into with T-Wave, so why not go for HP Ghost on Kingdra? It's pretty sneaky, and you can sit behind a Sub while watching Gengar and Dusknoir flail. Just a suggestion.

One look at that Crobat instantly confirms a problem: no way of stopping Heatran from setting up rocks and a 164 SpA Heatran is a guranteed KO with Fire Blast. I highly, HIGHLY recommend you replace either Roost or Brave Bird (Roost leaves you vulnerable to Bulldoze which is a 2HKO from Ferro and an OHKO from max attack Tyranitar, and Brave Bird will leave you open for a hit and really isn't great for attacking. Never found use for it on Skarm unless one predicts Infernape) with Whirlwind, and get your Ferrothorn's Spikes set up. Crobat in general has no way of dealing with Heatrans (Super Fang is cool, but will not KO) or Skarm, so you need to get them out of there before they wreak havoc with entry hazards. Scizor is just something you'll have to face, but Pursuit is only a 2HKO if you switch, thankfully. Magnezone can also be a huge pain. Just remember, find a place for Whirlwind. You won't regret it.

Your Heatran is okay. I would not go with Fire Blast, ever, but it still is a good slot. Heatran can actually go with Lava Plume, in my humble opinion, as it has much higher accuracy and has a higher burn rate. Toxic is a great choice, as it gets anything that isn't Steel and rapes everything that is. So, ironically, your only real counters to this thing are either: Bulked Up Infernape after Mach Punch 2HKOs, and Toxicroak after a Swords Dance and non-maxed Atk EVs can kill with Drain Punch, not caring for the Toxic or the Fire Blast. It can also set up rain to ensure it's survival of Fire Blast. But what I was saying about irony earlier was that your only real counter is another Heatran, one running 8 Speed (just enough to outspeed yours) and OHKO with Earth Power or 2HKO with Bulldoze. Either way, you're screwed if yoy don't get a Balloon for this thing. Lefties are fine, but a Balloon can ensure a Sub, and from there, madness. I do recommend maybe replacing a move with Stealth Rock, as you have no one like that on the team, but otherwise I see no clear flaws. Maybe Scarfed Landorus, but now I'm nitpicking.

When I see Ferro out in battles today, I smile and send in my Espeon. Which is likely what your opponent can do to you. Not to mention the constant threat of HP Fire Magnezone, who traps and kills. Spikes is the core of the moves on this setup, allowing Heatran to do its dirty work of Phazing. Thunder Wave can be replaced with Bulldoze, which can OHKO all non-defensive non-Balloon Heatrans, which can be a major threat. It can also take out Magnezones, but if they have Magnet Rise or a Balloon, you can call it quits for Ferro. Payback is a very good way of removing non-physically defensive Espeons, which usually 2HKOs. Not really liking that Gyro Ball; you could honestly do better with either Substitute, if to set up your Spikes more efficiently, or Taunt, which can shut down Blissey while you get a free switch to Scizor. Also, Venusaur can pose as a huge threat after a Sub with the potential HP Fire on Sun teams and maybe the Roar. If you want, you could get Power Whip going to 2HKO Vaporeon and OHKO Starmie, the former who can Phaze and the latter which can spin, but it's probably not neccesary, as Taunt can shut down Vaporeon and Payback can kill Starmie. So many choices.

Finally, Gyarados. This makes so much sense, except for the fact that I think I can provide you with your essential ghostkiller, who can defeat the ghosts who can destroy your Gyara with TBolt. Granted, always take Tomahawk9's choice over mine, but consider this as well:

Gengar (?) @Life Orb
Trait: Levitate (hey look, guess who else can take EQ!)
252 Spd/160 SpA/92 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd,-SpA)

-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave/Pain Split
-Thunderbolt/Energy Ball/Focus Blast

Yeah, you probably saw this coming. Gengar is a beast in OU, what with able to Substitute and then freely stick it's unneccesarily long tongue at opponents. Your team desperately needs this guy, maybe not in place of Gyara, but certainly somewhere. Your team, to begin with, has no real means of dealing with Heal Bell Blissey once Scizor is dead, so you can get the switch to this guy and Sub up, then deal a 2HKO with Focus Blast. T-Wave is for anything that isn't Ground. Of course, you could vary it a bit and use T-Bolt instead of Focus Blast to remove Gyara and Vaporeon, Energy Ball to remove Gastrodon and Swapert, etc. If you want, Taunt is also a viable option. Your Gengar also has the neat ability of having the immunity to EQ, except after Gravity, and all Gravity users are defeated by one of your attacking moves. I really think you should at least consider this guy for your team, but if you don't, that's fine.

Overall, I'd rate this team 8/10. While your team core is great, it's overshadowed by the fact that you have too many counters to too many of your team. Subrachi, Multiscale Dragonite, and Scarfed Lando/Thundurus can take out a chunk of your team easily, and you have no Spinner or counter to Deoxys-D. Your team is definitely better than most of the noobs to competetive battling.
Okay. Thank you, you actually helped me out quite alot, everything u say makes sence. lets see. Metal coat gives an alright boost to my bullet punch, which is the primary move. Since ppl dun see any life orb, its easier to say: Hey, if u run banded, why dun u run max atk then?. Life orb also screws me over when it comes to counter terrakions, who I have calculated to take a banded close combat from jolly terrakion with at least 1 hp left. Life orb would screw this ovr, as I only gt a 45% chance to OHKO terrakions with life orb. Roost is a move I've only used once, so night slash is a better move indeed. thank you. I like night slash better than pursuit, bcoz ppl likes to stay in with ghost, seeing that pursuit gets stronger when they switch out, and if ur predicting a ghost to come in, night slash is the only thing to hit them REALLY hard.

Kingdra [pimg]230[/pimg] is my anti weather pkmn, seeing that ppl never saves their Ttar for later when no weather pokemon is on the field. Kingdra can easily set up a rain dance after Ttar is gone, and BOOM. No terrakion sweep, neither a Landorus sweep. None of them really threatens me anyways, since they're too easy to predict. Thats the problem, almost all good sets is already listed up on smogon.

Whirlwind on Crobat is clever, indeed, and I will try it out. But Brave bird will be replaced by taunt, seeing that its easier to take down recovery and rest walls this way. Neither toxic or brave bird hurtz steel types anyways.

Heatran. So many sets. All good sets. Toxic. well. yeah. That and fire blast is a good combo. I've used a set with toxic/lava plume combo bfore, but Lava plume got a too low ratio for burn, so I choose power over acc here. Heatran is a wall, which means its attacks needs to be strong. Toxic was replaced though, coz something u didnt mention, was the heatran, which otherwise walls this shit. BloonTran still does though. hmm. I'll replace EP with Toxic again :)

My Ferrothorn was replaced by a Blissey, since I needed a cleric. I will change Tbolt with Ice beam, since Gliscor gives me bigger trouble than Gyarados does, and It will hit zapdos harder ^^

And the Gengar you talk about... Who should I replace it with? I don't know :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)