NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
To speed this along, anyone who does not make a constructive and useful post within the next 24 hours will be godkilled.

Have fun.

Edit: April fools, obviously.

Crux

Banned deucer.
I would personally like to hear something from Mithril. They have been hiding and not saying anything in the hope that they will not receive any significant attention. To that end.

@@Vote Mithril@@

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dummy, could I have a recap of your inspection results? I have a few suspicions right now, but I need your results to verify them and tbh I'm too lazy to go look for them >_> This might seem strange at this time, but I promise to elucidate once I have those results.

Yeah, I haven't said much. I subbed in during finals, then got ill, and to be perfectly honest, don't care too much about this game. I subbed in so there could be a claim. That being said, I'll try to piece some thought together and post them tonight.

I will say that in terms of wolf, the first person I am suspicious of is Crux. From what I understand, the wolf seems to have been created by some action during the game. As I am the sun and know that the my twin's death didn't make me the wolf, I have to look at other prominent figures, and the King fits the bill for me. As for BT's clean inspection of Crux, that is meaningless in terms of the wolf vote, as the rules clearly state that only inspections results of mafia members are 100% accurate. Crux is my main suspect for wolf, and i'll try to post something up later.

Alright, I'm on vacation typing on a cell phone, so no gaurantee that this post is as constructive as the hosts would want.

Much to his credit, Zorbees didn't push for a Jumpluff lynch, which he could've done at the last minute. In fact, no one did which means there is no obvious target for the day. So, time to look at other possibilities, and look at what this night has told us...

Kill on billymillis: Why? His item had been stolen, meaning he was of questionable value as a lynch target. The only good reason would be to allow Jumpluff to dominate the conversation, if she was scum. As a mafia connection is impossible at the moment, the only logical reason to suspect him would be due to him guiding the village a bit too close to a mafia lynch. Looking at his targets, dummy and Zorbees stand out. I can't remember if dummy died at some point, but if he hasn't been killed it is certainly worth exploring a lynch on him. Billy pushes an inactive kill no one else had thought of, and the next day he dies, removing said pressure? Seems a bit too perfect...

And I still hold a dislike of Zorbees for reasons previously stated that I have too little charge, time, and energy to rewrite. But seriously, how is lynching a one time vig who's already use their kill any more destructive than lynching a vannillager?

Tied lynch: Hmm... Odd. I guess it could be explained by no villager wanting to appear mafia if they pushed the scales against a clean user with under 24 hours to go... Leaves nothing to learn, unfortunately. However, the votes against Zorbees (including mine) are slightly more clean in appearance, as neither withdrew to lead to the lynch of a clean user.

Jumpluff 'clean': She's possibly wolf, and we can't rule that out. With a history of only being scum in NOC, it's reasonable to conclude its possible she wouldn't sub in to be a vanillager in a historically long thread. Pushing wolf suspicions on another user is also interesting. I still view Zorbees (and dummy if he's alive), as bigger threats.

One kill: Did our wolf die or get blocked? If Jumpluff is wolf, I can't imagine she would kill her wolf scapegoat, so I'll assume it's a mafia kill. I'm not sure anything can be learned from this, but it's worth contemplating...

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To speed this along, anyone who does not make a constructive and useful post within the next 24 hours will be godkilled.

Have fun.
Walrein kills half the game.

Just kidding. More than half.
But seriously.

Wolf: I think Crux is likely the wolf. From a role name standpoint, his is the only one that makes sense to be the wolf after a recent death. The king died, its very likely the queen went crazy. However, the huge logic hole in this is the fact that there was only one kill the night after the lynch of the king. The only explanations is that he was blocked or hooked (both very unlikely), or he had no kill/avoided killing the first night to throw everyone else off. Not a perfect explanation, but right now hes in the top few wolf suspect choices.

zorbees: As I said before, the village is so underpowered, I'm inclined to think we have a vig. However, the low chance of the mafia getting blocked N1 and flavor mismatch do not help him out at all.. I'd be ok with a Zorbees lynch, but personally I'd rather lynch crux at least for now because I think the evidence of him being wolf is more convincing than the evidence of zorbees being mafia.

Red:
I stand by what I said earlier, as sketchy as it is having a ton of similar roles, he hasn't done anything particularly scummy. I would be fine with a lynch of him as well, but would much rather lynch crux.

So if it wasn't obvious from what I said in my post, @@lynch crux@@ at least for now. If we decide to go a different path, I am willing to throw my support, but for the moment I think hes our best bet.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Several people have voiced suspicions of me, so I suppose I should make a response, although I think that these suspicions are too retarded given the circumstances to actually sway anyone lol, which is why I ignored them during the previous cycle.

OK, so the primary suspicion of me is based on my role name flavour. Obviously I can't really argue against this as it is purely conjecture, but my response to this is twofold. 1) There was no kill on the night that the king died. If that was the night on which the wolf appeared, why would I have idled my kill. Contrary to popular belief I am not a complete idiot. Secondly, the flavour which supposedly matches up and makes me suspicious also makes me not suspicious. I don't particularly think that the kill flavour points to my role at all. In fact the only less queenly way of killing is attacking the guy with a large anvil.

However, as we saw with the Viscount flavour in this game is retarded and can not be trusted at all, which is why I'm so confused that you guys are insisting on following it, because if we mislynch today it becomes more and more likely that we are going to lose.

I also think that the quoting of a rule is ridiculous as evidence of anybody being wolf. We have an item called the MASK itg ffs lol. Basically, I feel that there are better lynches than me because there is absolutely 0 actual evidence against me and I feel there are probably better lynches.

I understand this post is pretty jumpy, but I wanted to put these wierd accusations to rest lol

@Rediamond: I'm alive. Just thought you should know.

@Engineer Pikachu: I inspected jumpluff, and the result came back village. That's all I know and all I can say.

@Other stuff: I suppose it is feasible that my result on jumpluff is bad, since wolf inspections might be inaccurate. Crux seems as clean as anyone else imo; his reasoning makes enough sense to me. I doubt Rediamond is scum at this point, since (in billy's eyes, anyway) zorbees and I were two of the scummier users, and bussing at this stage of the game would just be stupid. In all honesty, I can't think of who to lynch, since everyone I haven't cleaned yet is seen as pretty clean at the moment.

(Also, assuming they both make it to tonight, I think Engineer should target Layell, since it's obvious the wolf is picking off the cleanest targets and Layell was the cleanest behind billy in his own eyes.)

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
@Engineer Pikachu: I inspected jumpluff, and the result came back village. That's all I know and all I can say.
It seems strange that your alliance inspect is every odd night, given what I'm going to say below, but whatever.

I don't think I'm going to make it through tonight given that this is a night in which I can BG someone, so I'll put this out there. Since the Spy died, I gained a nightly ability inspect—the counterpart to Dummy's alliance inspect, although this one's nightly >_> These were my following results, in the order of inspection (I think): Rediamond vanilla, zorbees one-time nightkill, jumpluff vanilla. Given this, I hope that we can actually hit scum today.

Let's begin by looking at the current player list (I know that I'm clean, obviously, and I'm assuming that Dummy is village as well):

Layell
Ace Emerald
Crux
Engineer
Pokemonrocks777
jumpluff
DetroitLolcat
Mithril
Rediamond
Dummy007
zorbees

Now, sorting them by Dummy's alliance check:
Kingdom:
Dummy007
Engineer
Ace Emerald
jumpluff

???:
Layell
Crux
Pokemonrocks777
DetroitLolcat
Mithril
Rediamond
zorbees

Then, let's add in my results and ones we've proven:
Kingdom:
Dummy007 [backup alliance check]
Engineer [backup BG + backup role check]
Ace Emerald [martyr]
jumpluff [vanilla]

??? but roles confirmed to be true:
Rediamond [vanilla]
zorbees [1-time nightkill]
Pokemonrocks777 [mayor]

???:
Layell [thief I think]
Crux [vanilla?]
DetroitLolcat [announcer]
Mithril [sun: who knows what role]

...and this is what we're left with. Mafia mayor is just ridiculous, and there's no need for mafia to have a 1-time nightkill. This leaves us with Rediamond / Layell / Crux / Lolcat / Mithril as the only non-confirmed people in the game. I'm also inclined to believe that no vanilla is mafia, given that all of the mafia that have died so far have some ability. Thus, we remove Rediamond from the list as well. This leads me to believe that all remaining scum can be found in the set of {Layell, Crux, Lolcat, Mithril}.

With that in mind, I don't have much of an idea as to who to lynch. We know that the Sun was a twin of the Moon—a Kingdom—but who knows what happened when the Moon died. It's unlikely that the Sun went over to the Maskians, so Mithril is either village or wolf. A thief might make sense for the village to have, especially considering that afaik the mafia started out with some items. On the other hand, we haven't seen the mafia with any thieves except for Quagsires, and billy had his item stolen from him. The only information we have to go on with Lolcat is that he's an announcer, and as we've seen from past games, announcers could be both village and mafia. Lastly, I don't know what to think of Crux. I'll be back later with some more thoughts if I come up with them, but I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@@vote dummy007@@

I really doubt that Blue_Tornado's backup is split among two people, and E_P seems a lot cleaner, seeing as he has a backup BG claim, and is generally more trusted. I've previously stated that I thought there was either 2 or 0 backups, but that was with the assumption that each backup only backed up one user. Additionally, dummy's alliance checks haven't really told us anything interesting.

Also Ace_Emerald, can you remind me who you targeted last night?

EDIT: I'm leaning towards dummy being mafia, as billy noted connections between him and the other deceased mafia members. While I'd like to lynch the wolf and eliminate a kill (considering there may be 2 mafia left), I'd rather lynch what I believe is a sure scum target than lynch one of Crux or Mithril for the 50/50 shot of hitting the wolf. I don't really see any other user being wolf, although I suppose DetroitLolcat being wolf is possible. If I were to aim for the wolf, I think it may be Mithril, but this is really more of a gut feeling than anything.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
First, I need to get this out there. This might be obvious by now, but the entire village needs a consensus on the lynch this night. We can NOT afford another tie and we already have two votes towards a confirmed townie. This means that at least three people need to agree on a lynch target before day's end.

I want to hear more out of Mithril, as he has contributed very little and the "twin" roles that they seem to have could easily be on opposite sides. The Moon and Sun have opposite roles most likely, so the two people could easily be on opposite sides. Not a perfect reason to vote for Mithril, but he is one of the more suspicious people in right now.

@@ Vote: Mithril@@ for now, but only because he's suspicious and the village needs a united lynch to get past the forced Mayor.

I really doubt that Blue_Tornado's backup is split among two people, and E_P seems a lot cleaner, seeing as he has a backup BG claim, and is generally more trusted. I've previously stated that I thought there was either 2 or 0 backups, but that was with the assumption that each backup only backed up one user. Well, having only one half of BT's ability isn't nearly as helpful as having both halves. And considering how crappy the rest of the village roles have been so far, and the fact that this game got approved, it wouldn't seem fair to give the inspect an awful condition and then totally remove the more useful of their two abilities upon their death. Additionally, dummy's alliance checks haven't really told us anything interesting. I checked who the village wanted me to check. The fact that they both came up village is entirely out of my control.

EDIT: I'm leaning towards dummy being mafia, as billy noted connections between him and the other deceased mafia members. All of which were very situational and nearly impossible to prove... While I'd like to lynch the wolf and eliminate a kill (considering there may be 2 mafia left), I'd rather lynch what I believe is a sure scum target than lynch one of Crux or Mithril for the 50/50 shot of hitting the wolf. I don't really see any other user being wolf, although I suppose DetroitLolcat being wolf is possible. Contradiction, but irrelevant to me. If I were to aim for the wolf, I think it may be Mithril, but this is really more of a gut feeling than anything. Understandable.
For future reference, I don't think zorbees is scum; I think he's taking what billy said and applying it to our current situation, which leads me to conclude he is most likely village. It is important to remember, though, that just because an experienced player flipped village does not mean that everything they concluded is automatically true.

You know, I have to wonder now... why hasn't Mithril been killed? The Mafia would absolutely love two night kills, and I can't see why they would kill vanilla users instead of the sun at this point. A theory came to my mind overnight....

What if the sun/moon were designed to help their alliance, and not hurt? If the village lost the moon, they would gain two days to lynch scum. If the mafia lose the sun, they gain a chance to kill two enemies. This would balance the game, and explain why Mithril hasn't been killed yet. Given his inactivity at the assumption he's clean, I am increasingly inclined to

@@Vote Mithril@@

You know what, I really don't have a great list of suspects. If you want my top one outside of Crux, its lolcat for his useless role which could easily be mafia. On top of which, he was never forced to sub despite having stretches of 4 or 5 days of not posting, and forgetting to even submit his night action. For someone on the village, that is not attempting to weed out the enemies.

In terms of my lynch, there really isn't much I can say. Yeah, my twin died. Yes, that makes me suspicious. All I can say is, you better be damn sure about my lynch if you want to go through with it, because when I am lynched, 2 night phases follow. That means through my lynch at least 3, and with a wolf probably still around, possibly 5 villagers are dead. That ends the game in all likelihood.

And Rediamond, if I were the mafia I wouldn't have killed the sun. Ever since the Moon's death, there has been constant discussion surrounding the sun being wolf. Wolf use a nightkill when it is readily apparent that the sun will get lynched eventually? But oh well. I don't have much else to say. Just be damn sure about my lynch before doing it. I am vanilla but my death will likely signal the end of the village. Make of it what you want.

@@Vote DetroitLolcat@@

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

the people I voted for the past two days both vote for me? Inconceivable!

Okay I don't like Mithril's logic (as the same logic applies to him) and zorbees' post is just absolutely stupid. "i dont want Mr. Inactive to die so I'll vote lolcat but no logic".

This makes my earlier zorbees suspicion even stronger, but I'm not sure if we can get three people to all go to zorbees. I would like people to think about a zorbees lynch, but nobody currently voting Mithril should change at the moment because we cannot afford another tie lynch. Mithril is right about one thing though, one more mislynch and it's probably game over.

Mithril or zorbees are the best lynches right now IMO.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
DetriotLolcat, I voted you because you are the scummiest person getting votes, in my opinion. I don't want Mithril to die, because, if he is what he claims, we will almost certainly lose, and I'm not ready to take that risk. The only people who I can see being scum are Mithril, you, Crux, and Dummy, but like I said, I'm not ready to vote Mithril. I think you are a lot more scummy than Crux. I think dummy being scum is a very incredibly likely possibility but no one else seems willing to vote him.

While I fail to understand why the Bard would be given an inspect role as a backup (or a BG tbh, but nothing else in this game has made any sense), I concur with Engineer's conclusions...mostly. The biggest issue with them is that Crux was confirmed clean by BT, who we know was village, meaning Crux is either village or wolf. That means that one or two of Layell, Mithril, and Lolcat is probably scum. I would rather not vote for any of them at this time, since Layell looks the cleanest and the other two are practically being bandwagoned on already, so I guess I'll just no-vote until we make up our minds.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Suddenly, lightning strikes users jumpluff and zorbees, who could be seen furtively whispering in the corner.

Dear Kaxtar jumpluff, you are the Lord.

The title of “Lord” is basically a code word for “incredibly rich person who is distantly related to the royal family”. As the King’s second cousin’s father’s great-uncle’s grandson’s pet turtle’s former owner’s brother, you live up to this, and you will do your best to help your family defeat the Majora’s Maskians.

You have no night action.

You are allied with the Kingdom. You win if the Majora’s Maskians and any other threats are eliminated.
Dear zorbees, you are the Excecutioner.

Born and raised in the faraway land of Italy, the loss of your parents at a young age made you turn to a life of crime. The King has paid you a large sum of money for your assistance in taking out the Majora’s Maskians.

Once in the game, at night, you can send a PM to Spiffy and Walrein entitled: “NX - Murder USER.” You will creep into USER’s room and stab them in the heart with your dagger, killing them.

You are allied with the Kingdom. You win if the Majora’s Maskians and any other threats are eliminated.
(yes the flavor is fucked up sue me idc)

jumpluff and zorbees have been godkilled for outside communication. Carry on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)