Ask a Dreamy Question Get a Dreamy Answer

Sheer Force only boosts move with a chance of a secondary effect such as paralysis from Thunder, burn from Scald, poison from Sludge Bomb, etc. It also only works for moves who's secondary effect affects the opponent. So in other words, no, and no :P

Xatu is a really good counter to TechniLoom. Resisting both Mach Punch and Bullet Seed, bouncing back Spore, and being able to hit it with STAB Psychic makes it pretty solid

Xatu with Bold and 252 HP/200 Def/56 Spe is your best bet. It can take anything but Rock Tomb from Breloom, outspeed it, and OHKO it with Psychic.

Chandelure is also a good check if you have already had something used as sleep fodder. Chandelure resist Breloom's STABs, and then traps and ohkos with her Fire-type STAB of choice

Xatu with Bold and 252 HP/200 Def/56 Spe is your best bet. It can take anything but Rock Tomb from Breloom, outspeed it, and OHKO it with Psychic.
would an espeon work because xatu doesnt have enough offensive presence for my team style

would an espeon work because xatu doesnt have enough offensive presence for my team style
Espeon can check Breloom but it gets OHKO'd by Bullet Seed and Mach Punch has a small chance to 2HKO if Espeon takes SR damage. Gliscor would likely be a better offensive counter to Breloom, as Toxic Orb makes it immune to Spore and it can KO Breloom with Aerial Ace or Acrobatics.

okay ill try xatu
EDIT: scarf gensect can flame it to death thanks for the help thought guys
Not really. +2 Mach Punch from Technician Breloom (the standard is Spore / Swords Dance / Mach Punch / Bullet Seed) does 103% mimum to 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect with a neutral nature, so that's a guaranteed KO even without Stealth Rock. Even Choice Band sets mess up Genesect, as Gensect is OHKOed by Superpower, or even Drain Punch after Stealth Rock.

There are several good Breloom checks though, bar Xatu. Note that for all of the following, they can't absorb Spore unless mentioned otherwise, so keep that in mind:

Chandelure is immune to Mach Punch and resists Bullet Seed, while it outspeeds, traps and OHKOes Breloom with Fire Blast. However, if Bullet Seed hits five times, Chandelure is OHKOed, and also risks being KOed by four hits in a row if Stealth Rock is up.

Dragonite is an excellent counter to Breloom, as it isn't even KOed by a +2 Bullet Seed that hits five times, even after Stealth Rock. It also outspeeds Breloom, and OHKOes with STAB Hurricane if you're using a rain team. Otherwise, Dragonite can use the following set very effectively:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake

Thanks to Lum Berry, Dragonite can safely switchin on every move, even Spore. Dragonite can Dragon Dance up, and OHKO Breloom with Outrage or Fire Punch. This set can easily sweep many teams, though I advice you pair this with a Rapid Spinner to keep Stealth Rock intact.

Good luck!

Just pointing out that Sigilyph feels like a pretty solid option against Breloom, provided it doesn't switch into a Spore before the Flame Orb is activated. Just have to be careful Psycho Shifting the burn, as it will leave Sigilyph susceptible to Spore on that turn. It also lacks an immediate offensive presence, so that may not suit your team.

I'm looking to get into this metagame. It seems really fun compared to current OU. I'm trying to throw an initial team together just so I can learn the ropes a little, and I was wondering which threats are the most prevalent. From what I gather, Scarf Chandelure, Techniloom, Keldeo, Genesect, Tyranitar, Manaphy, Excadrill, Garchomp, and Scarf Ditto are all very dangerous. Is there anything else I'm missing that I absolutely need to be prepared for?

Once you get higher on the ladder, Mamoswine is everywhere, so watch out for that. You missed Blazikien buy im sure you just forgot to write about it. Those cover most of the offensive threats

Will there be a suspect testing thingy that will allow us to get that check-badge?

I am laddering quite well, that's why :D

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How about normally illegal combos of moves and abilities, such as the Belly Drum Drizzletoed that was suggested in the DW OU CCAT?
Egg moves and DW abilities are legal now since we assume that the pokemon has been released in both male and female forms. However things like SuperPower Mamoswine is still illegal with Thick Fat because that was a 4th Gen tutor move.

My team needs a spin blocker and i was thinking, would trickscarf gengar be good, i really want to keep away from chandy as it is far to slow for my teams liking

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My team needs a spin blocker and i was thinking, would trickscarf gengar be good, i really want to keep away from chandy as it is far to slow for my teams liking
What does the rest of your team look like? Having the full picture will help us determine what kind of spinblocker fits best.

my team is
DEO-S
stealth rock
spikes
taunt
ice beam
HITMONTOP
rapid spin
mach punch
fake out
sucker punch
BLAZIKEN
protect
swords dance
hi jump kick
flare blitz
CLOYSTER
shell smash
Icicle spear
rock blast
razor shell
SALAMENCE
outrage
earthquake
draco meteor
fire blast

there you go

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

If you want a real rate go to the Rate My Team forum or go on irc to #dw for help.

Also you have ScarfMence (I'm assuming), priority, Blaziken, and Deoxys-S which seems like plenty of speed to me. I'd rather have Chandelure if it was me, but Gengar seems like an ok fit as well.

Sorry if this sounds nooby, and I didn't think this would make sense to put in Simple Questions/Simple Answers because it is relevant to the topic, but how exactly would Blaziken get Baton Pass? Is that from the assumption that eventually we will have a female Speed Boost Blaziken that will be released? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Baton Pass was an egg move, and the only way to pass an egg move to another Poke with a DW ability is if the female has the DW ability. Right now we only have male Blaziken, which leads me back to my original question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)