5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

OK, this is where I don't know what I'm doing. Once I've generated standard seeds for nature abuse, how do I hit a certain one? Is it up to luck, and I just tell if I hit it through Chatot cries?

just a quick one.

i normally rng gen 5 eggs using capture spreads, then using different seeds until i can inherit the right combination of ivs.

now trying to use the 'eggs' tab in the time finder, and im a little confused. is the frame set to 8 as a default? do the min/max advances refer to the PIDRNG? is the frame listed next to the seed the PID?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
That's a bad idea because there are npcs in the area that WILL advance the frame ~3-5. I would set the minimun to anything greater than 5 until whatever I feel confortable advancing.

I PMed Zari about this, but seems to be MIA right now lol and I am really eager to Entralink PID abuse. So after the guide ends with, "Then, once your game has booted up, enter the game, but DON'T turn on the C-Gear when it prompts you at the continue screen." What am I supposed to do?

Check your standard seed with chatots, then turn C-Gear and nature timer on. Im having trouble with this also, cause everytime I go get my poke, timed with EonTimer I get different nature. I start timer when I turn on C-Gear.

Check your standard seed with chatots, then turn C-Gear and nature timer on. Im having trouble with this also, cause everytime I go get my poke, timed with EonTimer I get different nature. I start timer when I turn on C-Gear.
Which timer is the nature timer? And when do I enter the Entralink? Lol, so confused.

You need second timer wich has time for the nature. And you enter to entralink at the end of your standard timer. God, it's pretty annoying that I pretty much know how to do it, but still my natures keep changing. -.-

You need second timer wich has time for the nature. And you enter to entralink at the end of your standard timer. God, it's pretty annoying that I pretty much know how to do it, but still my natures keep changing. -.-
Ah that's what I thought it was, but wasn't quite sure. Okay so you have 2 timers going at once?

Pretty much yeah. I still haven't figured my problem. So does anyone know why I keep getting different natures, I hit my standard seed and so on, and turn on nature times when I say "yes". So annoying -.-

Pretty much yeah. I still haven't figured my problem. So does anyone know why I keep getting different natures, I hit my standard seed and so on, and turn on nature times when I say "yes". So annoying -.-
Man, how confusing. So by the end of the nature timer you should be encountering the Pokemon?

About checking your standard seed: Does this mean that even if I hit my C-Gear seed, I may not hit my standard seed? So I'll have to continuously hit my C-Gear seed until I happen to hit my standard seed, too?

Well you usually will hit your standard seed, but not always. So you pretty much hit your standard seed and try to hit your C-Gear seed and not the other way around.

And I am still needing help myself, there's probaply something im missing, so if someone knows what I could be doing wrong, please tell me. (About Entralink PID)
I am

-Checking Entralink Pokemon
-Adding 3 to initial from chatots
-Inputting correct gender stuff
-Using EonTimer to time correctly to certain frame
-having only one poke in Forest Clearing

So for the first time ever, in over 10 years of playing Pokémon, I FINALLY encountered a shiny. One that wasn't a Gyarados and was actually catch-able unlike those troll pokemon at the Battle Frontier. And I caught it in a Premier Ball at that. Many thanks to Princess of Johto, voodoo pimp, and the other guys/gals who offered tips. You guys are math.

Anyway, there are still a few things I want t clarify involving frame advancement. I was searching for some info and I found a list of areas with no NPCs:

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17
P2 Laboratory
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

What's odd is that Route 9 has not only one, but two moving NPCs. Yet, it's here where I caught my shiny Duosion. On the other hand, Lostlorn forest has no NPCs, but I just kept on seeing a regular Swadloon. I'm thinking the waterfall in the forest might be advancing my frame...? Celestial Tower is the same with a regular Litwick that keeps showing up. Furthermore, when I tried sweet scenting in Dragonspiral Tower, it simply wouldn't work, saying that there appears to be nothing present. Is it possible that the water might be affecting frames? Same thing happened at Victory Road (exterior), but there's nothing there that I can think of.

Also, I'm guessing that in the gender slot, the higher the percentage, the more likely the pokemon will be of that gender?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So for the first time ever, in over 10 years of playing Pokémon, I FINALLY encountered a shiny. One that wasn't a Gyarados and was actually catch-able unlike those troll pokemon at the Battle Frontier. And I caught it in a Premier Ball at that. Many thanks to Princess of Johto, voodoo pimp, and the other guys/gals who offered tips. You guys are math.

Anyway, there are still a few things I want t clarify involving frame advancement. I was searching for some info and I found a list of areas with no NPCs:

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17
P2 Laboratory
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

What's odd is that Route 9 has not only one, but two moving NPCs. Yet, it's here where I caught my shiny Duosion. On the other hand, Lostlorn forest has no NPCs, but I just kept on seeing a regular Swadloon. I'm thinking the waterfall in the forest might be advancing my frame...? Celestial Tower is the same with a regular Litwick that keeps showing up. Furthermore, when I tried sweet scenting in Dragonspiral Tower, it simply wouldn't work, saying that there appears to be nothing present. Is it possible that the water might be affecting frames? Same thing happened at Victory Road (exterior), but there's nothing there that I can think of.

Also, I'm guessing that in the gender slot, the higher the percentage, the more likely the pokemon will be of that gender?
Anything that has a regular pattern will not advance the frames. Maybe you were hitting the wrong timer0? It might have been. The gender slot...well...I guess that could be the case, I just use it because I like my pokemon to be female but so far I havent had any problems with it...I don't really think it affects the RNG that much, in Gen 5 at least.

Okay with the Entralink PID abuse, I am pretty confused. Why is my first timer so off from what my standard seed time is? How can I fix this?

The highlighted frame is the one I am using. As you can see, my Eontimer is ~3 and a half seconds off of what my standard seed time is and because of that I can see that I am not hitting my seed, but I am hitting some seed consistently.

Okay with the Entralink PID abuse, I am pretty confused. Why is my first timer so off from what my standard seed time is? How can I fix this?

The highlighted frame is the one I am using. As you can see, my Eontimer is ~3 and a half seconds off of what my standard seed time is and because of that I can see that I am not hitting my seed, but I am hitting some seed consistently.
It's because of your Eon Timer's calibration. I'm going to try to explain this the best I can, so please bear with me!

In the entralink seed search, the C-Gear seed is in an XYXXXXXX format. You need to change the Y (in your case, 2) in order for the seed search to find seeds that adjust for your calibration. I'm guessing you're 3 seconds lower than what you should be, so you would decrease the 2 by 3. When you get results, look at the "C-Gear Date/Time" column. You need to add 3 to your target seconds for the C-Gear time. I'm not exactly sure why this works, but it does!

But, lol, I'm sorry. I don't know what you would put in place of the 2. 2 - 3 is -1, but you can't put that... try VMing Zari about it, he'll know.

It's because of your Eon Timer's calibration. I'm going to try to explain this the best I can, so please bear with me!

In the entralink seed search, the C-Gear seed is in an XYXXXXXX format. You need to change the Y (in your case, 2) in order for the seed search to find seeds that adjust for your calibration. I'm guessing you're 3 seconds lower than what you should be, so you would decrease the 2 by 3. When you get results, look at the "C-Gear Date/Time" column. You need to add 3 to your target seconds for the C-Gear time. I'm not exactly sure why this works, but it does!

But, lol, I'm sorry. I don't know what you would put in place of the 2. 2 - 3 is -1, but you can't put that... try VMing Zari about it, he'll know.
Okay that makes some sense, lol.

Alright VMed him.

Hey, I'm trying my first RNG and need a little help. I'm going for a Jolly flawless Terrakion (figured i'd start easy). I'm using a Jolly sychronizer to help me get my nature rather than moving frames. I'm hitting my seed and getting the desired IVs, but its a lonely nature every time, after about 6 or 7 times of hittingmy seed. Will Synchronize never work when i hit this seed or am i just unlucky? Is there anything I can do about it?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I saved to advance the frame before catching it and Sychronize worked then. Guess I just needed to advance the frame all along. Yay for my first RNG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)