Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I-it was fake

the bus tour had a lot of fakes for whatever reason
Didn't this also come along with a screenshot of Emolga (albeit with brown fur) and some stoney thing that looked like a cross between Basculin and Roggenrola?

Didn't this also come along with a screenshot of Emolga (albeit with brown fur) and some stoney thing that looked like a cross between Basculin and Roggenrola?
I believe there was some water thing (in addition to Basculin), too. The rock head was the supposed pre-evo for Gigalith

The Emolga sprite was actually faked, probably to try and give credibility to the other fakes.

Oh, is this a "what do you want out of BW2?" Thread now? OK:
1. Spotpass
a) Mystery gift
b) Egg swap
c) Trainer House - 10 slots is fine.
2. No wifi Blackcity/Whiteforest junk. Or, if there is, let it stay that way instead losing guests.
3. Re-battle trainers/leaders... just saying.
4. "Learn in battle" gimmick - If your pokemon can learn something at lv, say, 55, and your opponent uses it on you before that, you should have a 1 in 10, or so, chance of learning that move early at the end of battle. Special "lv 101" moves can be used as the reverse of stone-evolution start moves. This way, even RNGers/ARers will need to actually battle with their pokemon occasionally.
5. Pokemon adoption - when you release a pokemon, it goes here. When you wifi, you get 3 "released" pokemon from other players, and yours go online to be redistributed.
Note: Maybe let EVs disappear? To save wifi space as you upload 3 pokemon when you connect and dl 3 pokemon when you connect...
6. Most important: New in-game Dreamworld ability pokemon, most importantly Ditto!
7. "2nd area", Gold/Silverstyle. Heck, just connect it to the G3 games locations, updated.
8. MORE BOXES! You should have enough boxes for 2 of each pokemon... or...
9. "DSi box export" - Lets you transfer a whole box to the "program" slot of DSi/3ds/etc, with a password (or that is keyed to your game ID) so that you can access that box on a different game, or reset your game and then import the box, or just have unlimited boxes on your flashcards.
10. 3ds Pedometer gimmicks:
a) Each pokemon in your team should get experience when you walk around with the pokewalker in real life.
b) you should be able to spend 3ds play coins in-game for special items.
11. Daily Lottery - You never know how much you miss it until it's gone. Maybe make the grand prize some obscure previous gen. shiny pokemon that you pick up "event style" ?
12. New tutor moves/egg moves - ok, so this is more or less just to ballance the metagame, along w/ adding new DW pokemon. For example, not enough people playing Electrode? Give it a few cool tutor moves. Not enough Weezing in the format? Look who now can learn Overheat, Recover, and Wish?

And, ultimately, a promise to fix the disconnect problem for the next generation of pokemon.

Labrith, while those are cool ideas, BW2 are not 3DS games. Hopefully Gen 6 will have those additions however.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
4. "Learn in battle" gimmick - If your pokemon can learn something at lv, say, 55, and your opponent uses it on you before that, you should have a 1 in 10, or so, chance of learning that move early at the end of battle. Special "lv 101" moves can be used as the reverse of stone-evolution start moves. This way, even RNGers/ARers will need to actually battle with their pokemon occasionally.
Excellent idea, but you didn't make much sense by the end. RNGers breed/catch pokémon and WILL use them in battle (unless they just like to collect them), and ARers will... hack the moves anyway.

For BW2 I hope they update the sprites and make them more "unique" instead of basic, which they are now. I would also like a return to the classic back sprite.

Let's Take Weaville for example:
vs

and there is Scizor too:
vs

As of now all of current sprites are "just standing there". I suppose hat's a consequence of becoming animated.

They're all "standing there" because of the idle animations. Some might have additional flourishes depending on the mon, but it's why none of them are like that first Weavile sprite.

Okay so this SR discussion is fun and all, but lets talk about these fun little rumours from PokeJungle:
http://pokejungle.net/2012/04/06/rumor-black-2-white-2-details/

Probably, very likely, more than anything, these are fake. (But I would love for that new Ghost-type to be real). I don't really expect GameFreak to go out of there way to create a whole new region on top of a small set of auxiliary GenV Pokemon... I'd like to see an expansion of the Unova region, but a completely new set of towns and all is a reach.

So what are people expecting from CoroCoro and Pokemon Smash in a few days? What would you like to see (within reason!)? Do you predict that BW2 will be a massive departure from BW ala a real sequel, or it's just clever marketing on GameFreaks part and we're just getting 2 versions of our GenV Yellow/Emerald/Platinum?
If that article was true the games would be fairly decent. Gym Leaders sound pretty good. Pokemon following the trainer was really a poorly done thing in HeartGold SoulSilver so it would either need to be improved or forgotten. The graphics done on the Pokemon were meh.

Of Course the article is most likely fake though.

Really all the games need is Move Tutors with decent selections along with a battle frontier based off of Hoenn's

I like the suggestion of a more powerful rapid spin move being added, even if its very very exclusive. They've added perma-weather starters, espeon gets freedom from status....I would run a hail team with a "super rapid spinner" (for lack of a better name) even though two teamslots would be dedicated to specific pokemon (other being abom). I don't mind tentacruel, but......using a turn to clear the field on a wimpy move, though long term strategically sound, basically gives the opponent a nice turn to take advantage of your clean up.

Since BW2 are can be compared to two "third games" as they will occur in the same region with the same pokemon, just a new plot, does that mean when they make a Gen 3 remake, they might only do Emerald, to stick with the "5 games per generation"? This fits better than other gens because Emerald was more of a combination of Ruby and Sapphire than Yellow, Crystal, or Platinum. It would also give them a chance to reintroduce the Emerald-style Battle Frontier (battle factory woot) and stuff like above-ground secret bases.
Sorry this doesn't really apply to BW2, but the lack of Hoenn in it got me thinking and Emerald was my favorite version...

Since BW2 are can be compared to two "third games" as they will occur in the same region with the same pokemon, just a new plot, does that mean when they make a Gen 3 remake, they might only do Emerald, to stick with the "5 games per generation"? This fits better than other gens because Emerald was more of a combination of Ruby and Sapphire than Yellow, Crystal, or Platinum. It would also give them a chance to reintroduce the Emerald-style Battle Frontier (battle factory woot) and stuff like above-ground secret bases.
Sorry this doesn't really apply to BW2, but the lack of Hoenn in it got me thinking and Emerald was my favorite version...
If they were smart, they'd do the following:
Ruby/Saphire on 3DS.

Because the 3ds carts are so much bigger than the ds carts, they could easily so the R/S land, then take a boat to B/W for after-game fun.

Naturally, Red Ruby 3DS and Blue Saphire 3DS would include Emerald-based concepts, much like HG/SS did w/ Crystal.

Imagine the sheer volume of stuff they could do on a 3ds cart. 100 boxes, easy. Sure, sure, they'd need to do 3d battling sprites, and layout.... but that's not that difficult.

Woah, I was just talking about 3DS using Streetpass for secret bases with my friends in Facebook Chat. That's the real reason they should wait for the 3DS.

Woah, I was just talking about 3DS using Streetpass for secret bases with my friends in Facebook Chat. That's the real reason they should wait for the 3DS.
If by "Secret Bases" you mean the hole in the walls that served no purpose? No.

For example, I'd rather you have a flat-out Pokemon ranch you could decorate and grow berries out behind.

If you mean something like DQ9's maps, where the game generates a random map with certain pokemon you can catch - I'd be all for that. That would be pretty darned epic.

For BW2 I hope they update the sprites and make them more "unique" instead of basic, which they are now. I would also like a return to the classic back sprite.

Let's Take Weaville for example:
vs

and there is Scizor too:
vs

As of now all of current sprites are "just standing there". I suppose hat's a consequence of becoming animated.
Following this I think a cool animation when sent out would happen if anything then a transaction of the idle animations that BW gives us. I still think that'd be pretty awesome.

If by "Secret Bases" you mean the hole in the walls that served no purpose? No.
Bulbapedia said:
If a player mixes records with other Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald game cartridges, secret bases will copy over between them (even those from other players who have previously mixed records). Inside of secret bases that do not belong to the player, an NPC can be found to represent the person that took that secret base as their own. After the Elite Four have been defeated, the player can battle the NPC, who will have the party of the person who owns that secret base as of the time of record mixing. These battles award money, experience, and all other things that normal battles with NPCs do, but they can only occur once per day, with the time resetting at midnight, and items stolen from the NPC's Pokémon using Thief are not kept afterwards.
I think Secret Bases via StreetPass would be amazing, given how StreetPass has been successful so far. Battling Random people you pass on the street sounds awesome.

HGSS and Emerald changed up breeding mechanics slightly; maybe they'll do it again? Like, make male/Ditto Pokemon able to pass on DW abilities? New moves?

Naturally, Red Ruby 3DS and Blue Saphire 3DS would include Emerald-based concepts, much like HG/SS did w/ Crystal.
Its not small bits, the climax of the plot is either Ruby Sapphire or Emerald. You cant add emerald to RS "like they did with Crystal".
Either they battle and Rayquaza stops them, or not, you cant have both *facepalm*
If yes, its Emerald, no point in making two of them,
if no, you have an uncompleted story.

RS were made with Emerald in mind unlike the games before. RS were incomplete BY DESIGN, so emerald can complete them.

I still think plain remakes would be a waste (it worked for R/B&G/S, but RSE were much more fleshed out and thought through). We dont need them. We need new games in Hoenn.

RS were made with Emerald in mind unlike the games before. RS were incomplete BY DESIGN, so emerald can complete them.
Glad I skipped that generation then.

I would think it'd be easy to do exactly as HG/SS did - incorperate some, but not all, of Emerald stuff. The fact that they would fail like in Emerald doesn't make it "an Emerald remake" - largely the difference between the two games is the difference in the pokemon you can capture. If you maintain that, it's as is.

Really, though, it's just a name.

HGSS and Emerald changed up breeding mechanics slightly; maybe they'll do it again? Like, make male/Ditto Pokemon able to pass on DW abilities? New moves?
That would be horrible.

B/W2 new egg moves... I can see. Egg moves, tutor moves, and the like can be used to open up new possibilities, and correct for power issues.

Making male Dw pass on abilities, though, would take away an important restriction. It's like that Event Heatran with Erruption. All of them were quiet. To pay for the event-exclusive move, you got a bad nature.

To pay for the event-awesome abilities, you lost the ability to breed egg moves onto those starters.

Look at the difference between the DW-event eevolutions and the few DW eevolutions people use now that female DW eevees have been released.

Gamefreak has made some mistakes in the past... but, generally, these haven't been mistakes that undo important restrictions on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)