5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I'm trying my first RNG and need a little help. I'm going for a Jolly flawless Terrakion (figured i'd start easy). I'm using a Jolly sychronizer to help me get my nature rather than moving frames. I'm hitting my seed and getting the desired IVs, but its a lonely nature every time, after about 6 or 7 times of hittingmy seed. Will Synchronize never work when i hit this seed or am i just unlucky? Is there anything I can do about it?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I saved to advance the frame before catching it and Sychronize worked then. Guess I just needed to advance the frame all along. Yay for my first RNG.
In case it's still unclear, any particular PID frame will be either synchable or non-synchable every time you hit it, so yes, advancing to a synchable frame is the only way to get it to work (unless the starting frame happens to be the nature you want anyway).

The gender slot...well...I guess that could be the case, I just use it because I like my pokemon to be female but so far I havent had any problems with it...I don't really think it affects the RNG that much, in Gen 5 at least.
Well that's why I was asking. I'm trying to catch female pokemon and even out my male:female ratio.

Anything that has a regular pattern will not advance the frames. Maybe you were hitting the wrong timer0? It might have been.
I don't see why the timer0 would be a problem. I caught a shiny Duosion and I've RNGed a handful of non-shiny pokemon using the same timer0. Unless it can randomly change for whatever reason.

Though I think the real problem is the required lead. The seed in question needs a synchronizer (this is what it says on Time Finder). On RNG Reporter's main window, it says Mild in the 'Nature' box. If I use a random pokemon (without the synchronize ability) or if I use a synchronizer with a different nature, do you think it might ruin the results?

Well that's why I was asking. I'm trying to catch female pokemon and even out my male:female ratio.

I don't see why the timer0 would be a problem. I caught a shiny Duosion and I've RNGed a handful of non-shiny pokemon using the same timer0. Unless it can randomly change for whatever reason.

Though I think the real problem is the required lead. The seed in question needs a synchronizer (this is what it says on Time Finder). On RNG Reporter's main window, it says Mild in the 'Nature' box. If I use a random pokemon (without the synchronize ability) or if I use a synchronizer with a different nature, do you think it might ruin the results?
That thing I bolded is true. Timer0 can change and will change whenever it wants. You probably have one that's extremely common and then the other one was just hiding out until now.

In 5th Gen the seed's frames won't change because of a synchronizer like 4th Gen so that should not really be a problem. Just the natures change accordingly and only bolded natures change to what your synch's nature is.

That thing I bolded is true. Timer0 can change and will change whenever it wants. You probably have one that's extremely common and then the other one was just hiding out until now.
Yeah, just tested this and I'm getting C7F with the occasional C80. I saw the second value before but assumed it was an error when booting up the game and recording the time. The question is when do I know which one to use?

Yeah, just tested this and I'm getting C7F with the occasional C80. I saw the second value before but assumed it was an error when booting up the game and recording the time. The question is when do I know which one to use?
Just stick with which ever you get more and ignore the other. Because it's so uncommon it would waste time trying to get the timer0.

Alright so to not bother Zari anymore (as I am sure I have been annoying, lol), with the Entralink PIDRNG abuse when I get my new seed that's adjusted towards my standard seed, where do I actually plug that in for it to be in effect?

where do I actually plug that in for it to be in effect?
Where do you plug in the standard seed?

Main window. Method 5 PIDRNG, encounter type: Entralink Pokemon. Paste seed, calculate initial frame (add 3 if you want to verify your standard seed with Chatot). Then generate.

I'm just learning to RNG, and trying to do my first on getting a good IV spread on Zekrom... however I'm having lots of trouble hitting the right seed.

This is what I'm trying to get (top result):

My DS MAC address is 001EA9C8DA49, on a DS Lite... I'm making sure to press the game enter button on the DS main menu at the exact time specified.
Also only have 5 in my party as mentioned for a frame 1 seed...

I keep getting IV spreads of:

12-13/0-1/0-1/14-15/4-5/8-9
8-9/14-15/24-25/2-3/14-15/26-27

Halp? This is apparently very easy but I have no clue what's going wrong

I'm just learning to RNG, and trying to do my first on getting a good IV spread on Zekrom... however I'm having lots of trouble hitting the right seed.

My DS MAC address is 001EA9C8DA49, on a DS Lite... I'm making sure to press the game enter button on the DS main menu at the exact time specified.
Also only have 5 in my party as mentioned for a frame 1 seed...

I keep getting IV spreads of:

12-13/0-1/0-1/14-15/4-5/8-9
8-9/14-15/24-25/2-3/14-15/26-27

Halp? This is apparently very easy but I have no clue what's going wrong
When you say "exact time"... are you taking into account the time offset you determined when you found your DS Parameters?

I just figured that out myself, woops. I was forgetting to startup the second before (my offset was one second). Rookie mistake :P, but thanks for the help!

I'm having the same problem as Snapback. I'm also three seconds too early for my standard seed, and my C-Gear seed is 2D57DFC8. Should that change to 2A57DFC8, then? Once I've got the modified seed, do I put that into the Seed To Times Finder window? The target seconds for that C-Gear seed is 4, so should I put 7 in EonTimer?

Just stick with which ever you get more and ignore the other. Because it's so uncommon it would waste time trying to get the timer0.
It keeps fluctuating between the two. I haven't seen the same value more than twice in a row. Let's say I get a seed with C7F, if I keep resetting the DS, will I eventually see the shiny? Because I just tried generating more or less the same thing with C80, and again, it's a regular pokemon.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
It keeps fluctuating between the two. I haven't seen the same value more than twice in a row. Let's say I get a seed with C7F, if I keep resetting the DS, will I eventually see the shiny? Because I just tried generating more or less the same thing with C80, and again, it's a regular pokemon.
Yup. Just to stick to one, you'll hit it eventually ._.

I'm having the same problem as Snapback. I'm also three seconds too early for my standard seed, and my C-Gear seed is 2D57DFC8. Should that change to 2A57DFC8, then? Once I've got the modified seed, do I put that into the Seed To Times Finder window? The target seconds for that C-Gear seed is 4, so should I put 7 in EonTimer?
Yes, you would change D to A. However, only change it in the entralink seed search! You're still going to hit your original seed, you just need the entralink seed search to adjust for your calibration.

1. Change the Y value of your seed accordingly and then search for new seeds in the entralink seed search. (If you're hitting a second(s) early, decrease Y accordingly and vice versa.)
  2. Pick a seed you like.
  3. Look at the C-Gear time for the seed you picked, specifically the seconds. Adjust it accordingly. (so, since you're 3 seconds early, you would add 3 seconds to the C-Gear time.)
  4. Enter your adjusted C-Gear target second into Eon Timer, and now the first timer should make it possible to hit your standard seed.
  5. Go back to seed to time and find your adjusted target time. Generate adjacent seeds and you're ready to begin! (Make sure you use your original C-Gear seed in the seed to time, not the adjusted one!)

I hope that helped/made sense c:

Yes, you would change D to A. However, only change it in the entralink seed search! You're still going to hit your original seed, you just need the entralink seed search to adjust for your calibration.

1. Change the Y value of your seed accordingly and then search for new seeds in the entralink seed search. (If you're hitting a second(s) early, decrease Y accordingly and vice versa.)
  2. Pick a seed you like.
  3. Look at the C-Gear time for the seed you picked, specifically the seconds. Adjust it accordingly. (so, since you're 3 seconds early, you would add 3 seconds to the C-Gear time.)
  4. Enter your adjusted C-Gear target second into Eon Timer, and now the first timer should make it possible to hit your standard seed.
  5. Go back to seed to time and find your adjusted target time. Generate adjacent seeds and you're ready to begin! (Make sure you use your original C-Gear seed in the seed to time, not the adjusted one!)

Thank you so much. This was incredibly helpful. :D

2. Pick a seed you like.

Oh okay, Speed explained my problem better. But I do have a question. When I change my seed in the seed search how come I get different IVs? Is that supposed to happen? Lol, I guess I just don't really make sense of this whole thing.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there something on Route 14 that screws with the PIDRNG? I'm using seed ADFA21780510D9C1, trying to hit frame 75. When I hit the seed and started Chatots, the pitch started on frame 65 (18 frames past the initial), but I figured maybe there were just a lot of NPCs, so I advanced up through 74, Sweet Scented...and the first frame that matched the encounter slot and nature I got was on 94. I know I hit the seed, because the IVs were correct, so what else might have been the problem?

Is there something on Route 14 that screws with the PIDRNG? I'm using seed ADFA21780510D9C1, trying to hit frame 75. When I hit the seed and started Chatots, the pitch started on frame 65 (18 frames past the initial), but I figured maybe there were just a lot of NPCs, so I advanced up through 74, Sweet Scented...and the first frame that matched the encounter slot and nature I got was on 94. I know I hit the seed, because the IVs were correct, so what else might have been the problem?
Are you accounting for the advancements while sweet scenting?

When I change my seed in the seed search how come I get different IVs? Is that supposed to happen? Lol, I guess I just don't really make sense of this whole thing.
Because it's a different seed. But don't worry, you're still going to get your target IVs because you're still going to hit your target seed. This is just to get the right seconds.

Do NPCs advance during Sweet Scent? I don't remember that happening before.
Iirc, I saw some NPCs move once when I scented, but Idk if they actually advance because when I do the correct amount of advances I got my target. Honestly, I wouldn't rely on chatot pitches. I would try catching a Pokemon right when you get in the game and see what you get.

I've hit both my standard seed and C-Gear seed thrice now (at last xD). Does walking advance the PID frame, or is it just time-based?
Did you get your target? :o Or at least a nature that should be near your target?

Not necessarily, but Iirc every 17-20 steps advances the PID by 1. But it shouldn't really change the results you would get. Or at least for me it didn't.

Because it's a different seed. But don't worry, you're still going to get your target IVs because you're still going to hit your target seed. This is just to get the right seconds.
Alright, I am still not hitting my standard seed :s. Am I supposed to add 3 seconds to Eontimer or the new seed that I got or what? IDK, I am pretty confused at this point.

Alright, I am still not hitting my standard seed :s. Am I supposed to add 3 seconds to Eontimer or the new seed that I got or what? IDK, I am pretty confused at this point.

How many seconds were you originally off by and what is your original seed? If you were early 3 seconds, then you would do Y-3. Then run the entralink seed search with the adjusted seed. Pick a seed. Then look at the C-Gear target time. Since you subtracted, you add back 3 seconds to the C-Gear target time. You put this second into Eon Timer. Now the first timer should be one second before your target standard seed time.

For example, my calibration is -80. It makes me early by 1 second for my standard seed. So if my seed was 12345678, then I would change it to 11345678 (If my calibration made me 1 second late, then I would add 1 instead of subtract). Then search using the adjusted seed. Pick a seed. My standard seed time is 00:00:33. My C-Gear seed time is 00:01:52. So, I would add 1 to 32. I would put in 33 as my target second in Eon Timer. Now Eon Timer's first timer should say 32:xx.

I really hope this makes sense :x

How many seconds were you originally off by and what is your original seed? If you were early 3 seconds, then you would do Y-3. Then run the entralink seed search with the adjusted seed. Pick a seed. Then look at the C-Gear target time. Since you subtracted, you add back 3 seconds to the C-Gear target time. You put this second into Eon Timer. Now the first timer should be one second before your target standard seed time.

For example, my calibration is -80. It makes me early by 1 second for my standard seed. So if my seed was 12345678, then I would change it to 11345678 (If my calibration made me 1 second late, then I would add 1 instead of subtract). Then search using the adjusted seed. Pick a seed. My standard seed time is 00:00:33. My C-Gear seed time is 00:01:52. So, I would add 1 to 32. I would put in 33 as my target second in Eon Timer. Now Eon Timer's first timer should say 32:xx.

I really hope this makes sense :x
My starting seed is f2af6f31 and then when I do math [according to Zari when he helped me] my new seed is efaf6f31.
It sort of makes sense. I will try it out. Sorry I am being so difficult :(.

EDIT: Alright so I do have some good news. I hit my standard seed and I hit pretty close to my delay as well. Well within like 30 on my first trial run. But I didn't hit the right seconds. I hit 50 when I want to hit 48. Should I just adjust the EL Calibration to fix that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)