My First Good Stuff RMT

VGC-RMT
Welcome to my RMT !

Caution:
English isn't my mother language, so i can't speak it well.
Don't care about little mistakes in the descriptions, I
think they are comprehensible.

Zapdos @ Electric Gem​
Trait: Pressure​
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SAtk / 100 Spd​
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)​
~ Thunderbolt​
~ Heat Wave​
~ Tailwind​
~ Detect

Zapdos is fast and hits hard. Zapdos is my
main Lead with Volcarona or Tyranitar, because
it can set up the Tailwind riskless. If I see m
any Rock Slide users in my opponents team,
ill take Tyranitar (or sometimes Metagross or
Garchomp). If there aren't a lot of Rockslide
users, i'll pick Volcarona or sometimes
Metagross.

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry//Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream​
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
//252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
~ Rock Slide​
~ Crunch​
~ Low Kick / Taunt
~ Protect

Taunt-Tar to handle Trickroom better.
Cresselia with a rock slide user is a huge problem
for my team, because I can't lead with Zapdos+Volcarona
definitely. Tyranitar works well against other sandstorm-teams
or (TR-)hail-teams.

Volcarona (M) @ Bug Gem​
Trait: Flame Body​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)​
~ Heat Wave​
~ Bug Buzz​
~ Rage Powder​
~ Protect

Volcarona is a great supporter and sweeper.
With Rage Powner I can annoy Metagross or Chandelure.
Bug Buzz OHKOs 252 HP/252 Def Cresselias
and many other TR-upsetters.

Garchomp (M) @ BrightPowder​
Trait: Sand Veil​
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
//6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
//Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
~ Dragon Claw​
~ Earthquake​
~ Substitute​
~ Rock Slide

Adamant Bright Powder Chomp is able to hadle many threats,
like Metagross and Tyranitar. Other dragons are dangerous
to deal with, but Bright Powder
and Garchomps trait are helpfull.

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem​
Trait: Levitate​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
~ Dragon Pulse // Tailwind
~ Draco Meteor​
~ Substitute​
~ Protect

Latios can kill the faster dragons and Pokemon
like 252 SAtk/252Spd zapdos or 252 SAtk/252Spd Ludicolo
with Draco Meteor. Substitute to win against Hitmontop
and other sucker punch users. Latios can solve many problems
with his dragon stab !

Metagross @ Occa Berry​
Trait: Clear Body​
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 132 SDef / 20 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
~ Meteor Mash​
~ Zen Headbutt​
~ Ice Punch​
~ Bullet Punch//Protect

Metagross has a great synergy with Volcarona and Latios.
Metagross is my Hitmontop counter. With Meteor Mash
Metagross win against Tyranitar and other Threats. Occa berry is
amazing to stand
Moves like random gem Heatwaves or Infernapes Overheat.

Skarmbliss VGC Ranking and other random stuff:

(21:02:29) +RankingBot: Your rank in VGC 2012 is 24/7375!

:pimp::pimp::pimp:

Zapdos: Probably a bit faster then necessary. The Speed EVs are a bit of an odd number, you can probably lower them by at least 50, and then put those that you took out into HP.

Tyranitar: Man, I just keep seeing more and more TauntTars. For Tyranitar's great Attack stat, he might be better off just trying to KO the Trick Room user. It is a decent strategy, but isn't too unpredictable. Use Crunch over Low Kick, the STAB and greater reliability make it the obvious choice. If you opt out of Taunt, an elemental punch or Low Kick would make good replacement. I think you have more Speed EVs then necessary here as well. 92 Speed EVs allow you to outrun the Genies with Tailwind on your side, and base 70 speed Pokes with 12 Spd or less of their own.

Volcarona: Pretty standard looking. Rage Powder is not too great on Volc. He doesn't have as many resists as something like Amoonguss, and isn't as bulky. HP Ground would be the best replacement, but it Rage Powder does you well keep it.

Garchomp: This guy really needs hax on his side with the set you are using.... If Tailwind isn't up, Garchomp will get maimed by other, faster Garchomps. Sand Veil misses, even with the Brightpowder boost, aren't at all guaranteed. I might recommend running the same moveset, except Jolly nature for a more favorable speed stat.

Latios: Should have Psychic and Tailwind on this set. This team really benefits from Tailwind, and Latios can learn it. Psychic for better coverage, and so you don't have to waste your Dragon Gem, and/or get the SpAtk drop. Use either Protect or Substitute, but both just take up too much space. Draco Meteor AND Dragon Pulse together fell odd. Use just Draco Meteor because it is SO DAMN DEADLY. So:

Latios@Dragon Gem
Timid
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd

Draco Meteor
Psychic
Protect/Substitute
Tailwind

Metagross: I don't know if those SpDef EVs allow you to live a specific hit or two, putting them into HP would give more general bulk. Ice Punch won't quite kill standard Zapdos, and won't kill Dragons with Yache. Bullet Punch to help with the teams lack of priority instead

I think jolly yache grachomp is better. Even with chople berry, ttar will still faint from fighting type attacks. I suggest you should put focus sash on him.

Zapdos: Probably a bit faster then necessary. The Speed EVs are a bit of an odd number, you can probably lower them by at least 50, and then put those that you took out into HP.

Tyranitar: Man, I just keep seeing more and more TauntTars. For Tyranitar's great Attack stat, he might be better off just trying to KO the Trick Room user. It is a decent strategy, but isn't too unpredictable. Use Crunch over Low Kick, the STAB and greater reliability make it the obvious choice. If you opt out of Taunt, an elemental punch or Low Kick would make good replacement. I think you have more Speed EVs then necessary here as well. 92 Speed EVs allow you to outrun the Genies with Tailwind on your side, and base 70 speed Pokes with 12 Spd or less of their own.

Volcarona: Pretty standard looking. Rage Powder is not too great on Volc. He doesn't have as many resists as something like Amoonguss, and isn't as bulky. HP Ground would be the best replacement, but it Rage Powder does you well keep it.

Garchomp: This guy really needs hax on his side with the set you are using.... If Tailwind isn't up, Garchomp will get maimed by other, faster Garchomps. Sand Veil misses, even with the Brightpowder boost, aren't at all guaranteed. I might recommend running the same moveset, except Jolly nature for a more favorable speed stat.

Latios: Should have Psychic and Tailwind on this set. This team really benefits from Tailwind, and Latios can learn it. Psychic for better coverage, and so you don't have to waste your Dragon Gem, and/or get the SpAtk drop. Use either Protect or Substitute, but both just take up too much space. Draco Meteor AND Dragon Pulse together fell odd. Use just Draco Meteor because it is SO DAMN DEADLY. So:

Latios@Dragon Gem
Timid
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd

Draco Meteor
Psychic
Protect/Substitute
Tailwind

Metagross: I don't know if those SpDef EVs allow you to live a specific hit or two, putting them into HP would give more general bulk. Ice Punch won't quite kill standard Zapdos, and won't kill Dragons with Yache. Bullet Punch to help with the teams lack of priority instead
Thank you for the rate :)
I've changed Zapdos EV-Split to 252 SAtk, 156 HP, 100 Spd to outspeed modest chandelure. I love my Latios set, but you're right: I need the Tailwind. Protect and Substitute work great together. Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor are great too, I never needed Physic, Draco Meteor made enought damage. I'll take Tailwind over Dragon Pulse. Adamant Chomp works definitly better than jolly 252/252/6 Chomp, because I play Tyranitar and Garchomp in nearly every Match. I think it even can beat Latios with ~30%, no other Garchomp can win oftener against Latios. Chomp can win against Latios with ~30%, other Latios' win with 50% (Speedtie)^^
Same with jolly Chomp, but I'll try the standart Set, too. Its a high risk, and it's not so constant. Any suggestions for a new Metagross EV-Split ?

move the SpDef into HP, if you want to take specific hits that's something you will need to calculate yourself

I, like most sensible people, wouldn't run Bright Power AdamantChomp as my best check to Latios, if that's the case, you are going to get stabbed in the back at some point. Tyranitar already functions as a great Latios check, so I'm going to be boring and say, "yes, you need a Yache JollyChomp".
The Tyranitar should really be 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe with Adamant and a Focus Sash, since this isn't a dedicated Sandstorm team, and you're simply using it either for the power TTar dishes out or the ability to throw other weather teams off balance. Either way, you may find yourself appreciating the extra speed, especially in Tailwind.
Latios, I think, should have another STAB attack somewhere, in the form of either Psychic or Dragon Pulse. Either gives him a reliable way of taking down an opponent which you can most safely take out with Latios and don't want to spend 2 stages of special attack to do it.

Hope I helped, good luck!

Thank you for the rate ;)
I haven't seen any difference between adamant- and jolly Garchomp, but bright powder savior many times. I'd never had problems with lati0s, but Crunch isn't bad. I'd played Latios with Substitute/Protect/Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor very succestfull, because I never missed Physic.
Actually I've won 33 of 38 Battles with a 1210 rating (and 1090 with an old acc).

e: Now a 1240 rating:
(21:02:29) +RankingBot: Your rank in VGC 2012 is 24/7375!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's not a huge difference, since a significant portion of the base 100 tier (which Garchomp loves outspeeding in OU) is banned in VGC. Zapdos usually runs Modest, and outspeeding Ninetales isn't a huge deal, but you will miss being able to beat Volcarona, Salamence, Hydreigon, and a few others.

Either way, don't rely on the Brightpowder misses. They're nice when they happen, but too inconsistent to be a major part of any strategy.

The difference is quite small admittedly, but there are other things Garchomp could aim to outspeed, like Timid Hydreigon and Jolly Haxorus, both of which it needs to outspeed, as well as positive base 95s and 90s.

Thank you for your rates !
I've changed many things, garchomp is jolly (252 Speed) now, Tyranitar wears a Focus Sash now and I've replaced Metagross with Hitmontop. The team works brilliant together, only Gastrodon and Swampert are threats for my team. Thank you, guys !
I'll edit the changes into the RMT soon.

(21:02:55) +RankingBot: Your rank in VGC 2012 is 13/7389!

One small thing to add, running 3 status moves on Latios is wasting Latios's offensive potential. You should keep Tailwind (because it's pro), and have either Protect or Substitute, not both. Of course keep Draco Meteor, and have another attack in the last slot, something like Psychic, for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)