Some Nights

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello

This team is based on getting a quick +2 / +2 and passing it. It's designed to play fast and without much thought overall—turn to turn you need to make the right decisions. There are a few annoying walls, but hey, aren't there always?

[pimg]389[/pimg]
Deoxys-S aka "My Lips" @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Deoxys-S is instrumental in my passing with its ultra-fast dual screens. I play extremely recklessly with my QuickPassers so instead of getting KOed I invested in a dual screen user. Deoxys-S is a suicide lead, usually managing both screens and Stealth Rock and dying for a free switch in. Taunt is my security move so that something like Quiver Dance Volcarona or DD Nite doesn't set up—it's not really for stopping Tyranitar's Stealth Rock or whatever since I usually don't even switch enough for entry hazards to be a problem. I find the lack of attacks a small problem since there are some perfect opportunities for easy OHKOes. The only move I can really remove is Stealth Rock, but Focus Sash is the end of this team, so the switch is not worth it.

The EVs are straightforward. Max HP since there isn't really a better option, having no attacks. Maximum Speed to Taunt everything set up hazards, and psyche out those Scarf Genesect that still try U-turning against Deoxys-S. 4 Defense is so that Genesect gets a Special Attack boost so that U-turn is weaker and an unlucky crit will not OHKO Deoxys-S (after Reflect). Since most of the Genesect U-turn, I might as well have a bit extra help left over so I can for sure Light Screen and maybe even set up rocks.

[pimg]257[/pimg]
Blaziken aka "A Martyr" (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Hi Jump Kick

Blaziken is the primary passer since it passively gets a +1 Speed Boost each turn. With Air Balloon, you can literally set up on any Pokemon that lacks a Water- or Psychic-type move. We'll just simplify that to EVERYTHING. Since Jirachi and Breloom really want +2 Speed or more, Protect is important for that extra free turn. It used to be Flare Blitz (and a few more back, sun) so that Blaziken could sweep if it needed to, but +2 Speed !!(*()!@&(!(!. Here I give Genesect an attack boost because LOL 4x RESIST U-TURN.

Hi Jump Kick is the all weather move with not /that/ much danger—the recoil isn't consistent like Flare Blitz, and I hardly use HJK because the recipients make bank. The EVs could use reworking, but under screens 80 / 70 / 70 isn't that bad. Otherwise, maximum Speed and Jolly so that I can pass before some godforsaken Scarf user KOes Blaziken. Anyway, I briefly mentioned Air Balloon above. It really is the most awesome item for Blaziken for a few reasons. One, those with bad reading comprehension / way to tired Earthquake, so that's an extra free turn. Next is the ability to Swords Dance on extra threats such as Heatran, Excadrill, Tyranitar (since carry Earthquake), Garchomp, etc. Really it has more use than Life Orb especially, Leftovers since Blaziken is really not staying in that many turns, and Focus Sash, which "encourages" having low HP Blaziken, meaning passing is only possible once. Other than that, try out SD + 3 attacks in sun.

[pimg]368[/pimg]
Gorebyss aka "Black and White" (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Here we have the SmashPasser to rule the three of them that can SmashPass. The real reason? I need a special attacker so maybe when it's the last I can beat Skarmory still. Besides that, any recipient of +2 Attack and +2 Speed will like a Shell Smash boost. While it would be nice to have a special attacker to benefit, I can without since it gets the job done. White Herb is an important item so that the work of screens isn't undone. Surf and Ice Beam are the two attacking moves that have the best coverage, though poo to Jellicent. There's always Breloom for it though. Gorebyss also has decent defenses, especially under screens, so that's why I would rather use it than Smeargle and Huntail LOL. A sad thing is that Scarf Genesect still outspeeds, but I'll have to deal. Swift Swim helps against opposing Drizzle teams since then it'll have ~800+ Speed and doesn't have to worry about these Scarfers.

[pimg]385[/pimg]
Jirachi aka "Bad Luck" @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

"quote by ala"

fat ala said:
<%ala> yeah well you can basically just flinch everything to death
<%ala> it just takes a shorter amount of flinches
Ripped directly from ala, this is the Jirachi that 6 (5) –0s teams. Heatran? FLINCH LOL. Politoed? FLINCH LOL. Ninetales? FLINCH LOL. Seriously, Tyranitar? +2 Iron Head OHKOes. Excadrill? Fire Punch. Garchomp? Ice Punch. Dragonite? Ice Punch. Genesect? Fire Punch. Etc. The only thing stopping this is a Zen Headbutt miss on Vaporeon using Roar. And not to mention the bulk and typing of this thing, switching from Air Balloon Blaziken's Baton Pass with basically NO fear. Expert Belt is so Jirachi won't die before it finishes 6-0ing. Jolly is to prevent Jolly Excadrill in sand from outspeeding. I guess we want the U-turn boost so that Focus Sash Genesect doesn't KO with its Flamethrower or something, tbh Genesect usually dies before it poses a threat to Jirachi. (This is also why Stealth Rock is huge).

[pimg]286[/pimg]
Breloom aka "The Ghost" (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Stone Edge

All Breloom wishes for is Speed to outspeed Scarf Chandelure; thus, it makes a great recipient. This is also why I shifted to Protect on Blaziken, so I /could/ get +2 Speed with that +2 Attack. Spore is an interesting choice I must say, but very helpful. Even with the moves Breloom has, it can't OHKO everything (and if it can, Stone Edge .-.), especially with only Speed boosts. Spore gives me one or two extra turns for that KO insurance, mostly against Dragonite. ExtremeSpeed is the only priority that gives me an issue, luckily, and CB Nite does around 70% iirc. Not too bad, except Life Orb recoil makes Breloom go a bit fast, especially in sandstorm. Nonetheless, the opponent's team is usually in shambles by the time Breloom has fainted. Mach Punch of course is awesome and OHKOes Genesect especially at +2. Bullet Seed is for most other things that don't fly—mainly Psychics and Ghosts. Stone Edge hits those flyers and Volcarona—miss = qq.

[pimg]132[/pimg]
Ditto aka "I still don't know what I stand for" @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
Hardy Nature
- Transform

Ditto is Ditto and needs more love guyz~~. Choice Scarf patches up the potential issues of this team, since most of these other Pokemon are easily revenge killed without Speed passes. 252 HP for yum. However, this thing has another role: moveset scouting. If I want to get +4 Attack with Blaziken, I have to make sure Tyranitar doesn't have Earthquake. Or if I'm met with a Deoxys-S in team preview, I can Scarf Taunt it so it doesn't mess with my Deoxys-S's dual screen role. Really, the information is valuable and more people should use Ditto. Besides, it's the ultimate lazy mon, I mean it can work and ANY team needing a revenge killer. And we're all lazy here aren't we??

Importable
Code:
 Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Blaziken (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Hi Jump Kick

Gorebyss (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Breloom (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Stone Edge

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
Hardy Nature
- Transform
Threats

Jellicent and Skarmory can be two problems since physical sweepers usually don't want to switch in to Scald. Regardless, Jellicent gets killed by Breloom's Spore / Bullet Seed, and Jirachi and scrape a 2HKO on Skarmory so it can't switch in. A threatlist? maybe….

New developments!

Ditto is an issue because I have no Sub and it can countersweep if it steals Breloom; Jirachi is a smaller issue since its moveset it incomplete against the team. It's Mach Punch that sucks. Also, there's Thunder Wave Thundurus. Priority renders Deo-S useless, as well as basically everything else. NP TWave versions are the worst. Luckily, these two Pokemon are hardly seen. Use them people!!!!

Concluding thoughts

This team is ridiculously easy to use. Set up the correct screen with Deoxys-S, the other screen turn 2, and Stealth Rock. Tyranitar may think its beating you, but you get everything up and a free switch in to Blaziken! From there, just GO BIG. Don't be worried about dying, because you won't win that way. Go for a Swords Dance, pass to Jirachi or Breloom, and have a good time. Fast free points are always awesome.

Hey buddy!

Well, there's really not much to be said about this team, as in Dream World, team building barely matters, it's how the user plays. That said, I think a few simple changes could help this team function a bit more smoothly! First off, the spread you should try using on Ditto is 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe because this gives you maximum switch-ins on entry hazards and maximum Speed. On Breloom, this is more of an optional change, but you could attempt to use Drain Punch over Spore because Jellicent will lose to Bullet Seed regardless, and Drain Punch helps cover the loss of HP that you take from Life Orb. Other than these minor changes, there isn't much to be said; it's a good team. Good luck buddy, hope I helped!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate! For Ditto the Speed doesn't actually do anything except against other Ditto. I will try out Drain Punch though; I don't actually use Spore that much so the HP will help.

Like what harsha said this tea is pretty simple ,d there really isn't much to change. I would seriously consider putting rock slide>stone edge on Breloom. Unless Breloom gets a kill that it would otherwise wouldn't get, change it since it provides a much more consistent "way to victory". Your screwed over 1/10 times as opposed to 1/5. I am emphasizning "boosted" because the threats that breloom hits with. Stone Edge outspeed and KO him when he is unboosted, basically accuracy is null if he can't use that move in the first place :-l

Edit: phone makes words into gibberish

Hey this team is pretty solid, at least for a DS team. If you're having trouble with jellicent and skarmory, why not try thunderbolt on jirachi over ice punch? It's main use is for killing dragons, but of you pass to rachi you can just spam iron head and kill it. Switch to a hasty nature and put the defense EVs into special attack... Or whatever amount of special attack you need to ko with thunderbolt haha

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Well, good team I guess. Seems to be able to net some easy wins (then again, the entire DW ladder is easy wins). I only see real trouble with Gengar, who walls 1/2 your team to hell and back and whose supporting 'mons beat the rest of your crew. Stall poses quite the issue to you. Teams such as http://pokebattlecenter.org/showthread.php?6916-Gen5-DW-OU-Smokin-Shrooms > you easily. Unfortunately, there's no quick fix to this. Status seems to plague your team, as paralysis severely cripples basically anything you have, save maybe Techniloom. Maybe Chandelure could help you out...I haven't played DW in a while so I can't say for certain though.

Unorthodox, entertaining team. Thumbs up.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey V0x,

Scary team you have thurr. It's extremely hard to rate Screens/SmashPass teams since they all do the same, so my only recommendation is your Breloom set. As Harsha stated, Drain Punch over Spore would be a good idea. However, Low Sweep over Spore is even BETTER. Low Sweep has 60 BP, allowing Technician to boost it even further. Low Sweep is EXTREMELY powerful, doing 71.86% - 84.43% to Physically Defensive Skarmory. (At +2 Adamant) Another example is offensive Dragonite--doing 65.18% - 76.79% (18.75% chance to OHKO after Rocks). Yet another example, +2 Adamant Low Sweep does 95.5% - 112.86% to Volcarona, OHKOing 75% of the time. As you can see, Low Sweep can effectively deal with some of Techniloom's biggest checks, allowing it to sweep much easier. I know I calc'd 2 Pokes weak to Stone Edge, which you carry, but it's a reference if you don't want to miss the worst move in the game.

Other than that, Jirachi looks like an absolute PAIN to deal with. Nice set you have thurr. Relying on Jirachi, though, to hax Skarmory seems way too luck-oriented and can mess up your team. This is where Low Sweep on Breloom can come in and OHKO after 2 Stealth Rock switches.

There isn't much to rate otherwise; good team. :]

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Hey this team is pretty solid, at least for a DS team. If you're having trouble with jellicent and skarmory, why not try thunderbolt on jirachi over ice punch? It's main use is for killing dragons, but of you pass to rachi you can just spam iron head and kill it. Switch to a hasty nature and put the defense EVs into special attack... Or whatever amount of special attack you need to ko with thunderbolt haha
Worth looking in to, we also talked on irc coo coo cachoo

Well, good team I guess. Seems to be able to net some easy wins (then again, the entire DW ladder is easy wins). I only see real trouble with Gengar, who walls 1/2 your team to hell and back and whose supporting 'mons beat the rest of your crew. Stall poses quite the issue to you. Teams such as http://pokebattlecenter.org/showthread.php?6916-Gen5-DW-OU-Smokin-Shrooms > you easily. Unfortunately, there's no quick fix to this. Status seems to plague your team, as paralysis severely cripples basically anything you have, save maybe Techniloom. Maybe Chandelure could help you out...I haven't played DW in a while so I can't say for certain though.

Unorthodox, entertaining team. Thumbs up.
Ty for the suggestions; Gengar is definitely an issue if I fail to set up but otherwise it dies. I haven't played against many stall teams though.

Like what harsha said this tea is pretty simple ,d there really isn't much to change. I would seriously consider putting rock slide>stone edge on Breloom. Unless Breloom gets a kill that it would otherwise wouldn't get, change it since it provides a much more consistent "way to victory". Your screwed over 1/10 times as opposed to 1/5. I am emphasizning "boosted" because the threats that breloom hits with. Stone Edge outspeed and KO him when he is unboosted, basically accuracy is null if he can't use that move in the first place :-l

Edit: phone makes words into gibberish
Mm. I'll look in to Rock Slide Stone Edge KOes. Thanks!

Hey V0x,

Scary team you have thurr. It's extremely hard to rate Screens/SmashPass teams since they all do the same, so my only recommendation is your Breloom set. As Harsha stated, Drain Punch over Spore would be a good idea. However, Low Sweep over Spore is even BETTER. Low Sweep has 60 BP, allowing Technician to boost it even further. Low Sweep is EXTREMELY powerful, doing 71.86% - 84.43% to Physically Defensive Skarmory. (At +2 Adamant) Another example is offensive Dragonite--doing 65.18% - 76.79% (18.75% chance to OHKO after Rocks). Yet another example, +2 Adamant Low Sweep does 95.5% - 112.86% to Volcarona, OHKOing 75% of the time. As you can see, Low Sweep can effectively deal with some of Techniloom's biggest checks, allowing it to sweep much easier. I know I calc'd 2 Pokes weak to Stone Edge, which you carry, but it's a reference if you don't want to miss the worst move in the game.

Other than that, Jirachi looks like an absolute PAIN to deal with. Nice set you have thurr. Relying on Jirachi, though, to hax Skarmory seems way too luck-oriented and can mess up your team. This is where Low Sweep on Breloom can come in and OHKO after 2 Stealth Rock switches.

There isn't much to rate otherwise; good team. :]
That definitely sounds appealing, I'll try that out. Thanks!

This team looks as a pain, and while often i dislike these kind of teams, yours seems to fit well with the metagame and I LOVE the scouting use of your Ditto! :]

You could try Rock Slide over Stone Edge on Breloom to don't risk the miss on things as Volcarona or Zapdos or Chandelure.

And uhm, another suggestion I have is to try Drain Punch on Jirachi over Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch, switchting the item to Life Orb. Other then beating Heatran, this set has still the power to flinch and kill things as Gliscor / Dragonite for death, and at the same time have something to recover random damages.

Great and simple team, as I said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)