5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

EDIT: Alright so I do have some good news. I hit my standard seed and I hit pretty close to my delay as well. Well within like 30 on my first trial run. But I didn't hit the right seconds. I hit 50 when I want to hit 48. Should I just adjust the EL Calibration to fix that?
Yes, you change the EL calibration if you hit the wrong seconds for your C-Gear. I believe the formula is [(Second Hit - Second Wanted) * 60] + Whatever is currently in the EL calib. box. c:

Finally got the hang of it (I think) and right now just trying to hit my delay.
:D If you're getting the right nature (or a nature nearby) most of the time then you should be good to go. If you occasionally don't that just means you missed your timer0 (unless you're verifying with Chatot, then you should just turn off the DS if you don't get the pitches to match).

:D If you're getting the right nature (or a nature nearby) most of the time then you should be good to go. If you occasionally don't that just means you missed your timer0 (unless you're verifying with Chatot, then you should just turn off the DS if you don't get the pitches to match).
I do have a question though. For some reason I keep missing my delay by at least 50 and then I will update Eontimer and I get the same results. I think I am pretty consistent so I am not sure what is happening.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm having a hard time setting up my timer for Entralink abuse.
I'm trying to hit the CGear seed 13CC6A17 at time 9/18/2012 15:55:58 (Delay 18691) and the Standard Seed 14DCD4FCC18F0AA1 (15:50:47). My problem is that I can hit the correct Delay but I'm hitting the time 15:55:59 on my CGear seed.
My current setup on EonTimer is:
Calibration: 10
Target Delay: 18691
Target Seconds: 58
EL Calibration: -59

What am I doing wrong/what can I do to fix this?

You need to change EL Calibration. [(Second Hit - Second Wanted) * 60] + What you have. So in your case [(59 - 58) * 60] + -59 = 1.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
You need to change EL Calibration. [(Second Hit - Second Wanted) * 60] + What you have. So in your case [(59 - 58) * 60] + -59 = 1.
I just tried that and was off on the delay by 59 (which makes sense since I changed the time) but did hit the correct seconds value.

I tried changing the calibration back a slight bit so that calibration is at 0 and EL Calibration was at -49 and I got the same result, Time 15:55:59 and Delay 18691. I think I'll keep trying to do this until I can't move it back any further without hitting the incorrect Standard seed and see if that fixes this.

EDIT: I can't get it below 0 and still hit the correct standard seed. Trying a different standard seed with the same CGear seed results in the same problem.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Slashmolder, you'll need to do what PoJ previously explained.
Ah, so basically it's a bug in RNG reporter that it doesn't offset for calibration and assumes that you are perfectly fast? I modified RNG Reporter's source to allow this input to be given. I can talk to OmegaDonut about this though.
I'd also think that it would be a good idea to change EonTimer so that it updates differently and only touches the EL Calibration when updating while Entralink is checked and leaves the Calibration at something near 0.

Ah, so basically it's a bug in RNG reporter that it doesn't offset for calibration and assumes that you are perfectly fast? I modified RNG Reporter's source to allow this input to be given. I can talk to OmegaDonut about this though.
It's not necessarily a bug, but yes, it assumes that your calibration is 0. Maybe OD can add a feature to the Entralink seed search that lets you enter your Eon Timer calibration and it will search for standard seeds that will work with your offset.

Ok so I'm new to the whole RNG thing. I just tried out my first RNG breed, and I just wanna make sure im doing everything right. Ok so I set it to Gift Pokemon I think thats what you have to do for an egg. And I set the min and max frames to 8, I read somewhere that that's what you have to set it to but correct me if I'm wrong. And here's what I came up with:

Seed Frame HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Hidden Power Date\Time Timer0 Keypresses
95943C17791CB76A 8 31 31 31 31 31 31 Dark 70 05/01/10 19:39:40 C7F None

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I'm new to the whole RNG thing. I just tried out my first RNG breed, and I just wanna make sure im doing everything right. Ok so I set it to Gift Pokemon I think thats what you have to do for an egg. And I set the min and max frames to 8, I read somewhere that that's what you have to set it to but correct me if I'm wrong. And here's what I came up with:

Seed Frame HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Hidden Power Date\Time Timer0 Keypresses
95943C17791CB76A 8 31 31 31 31 31 31 Dark 70 05/01/10 19:39:40 C7F None
Gift Pokémon is not for eggs, it's for Pokémon that are given to you by NPCs like fossils or the Dreamyard monkey.

The most recent few versions of RNG Reporter have a dedicated egg finder tab; you should use that to make life a lot easier. If you do, ignore the frame 8 thing, because it automatically takes care of that for you.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Which version do you have?I'm pretty sure there have always been an egg tab,please correct me if I'm wrong ._.

You should also set the min frame to 5 because wandering will advance some frames and there's nothing you can do about it. The max is whatever you feel comfortable advancing

So I was EV-training and found a shiny pokemon and caught it of course. I was wondering if someone could educate me on how to calculate the shiny ID? Is it the same as in generation 4 (i know how to do that)?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So I was EV-training and found a shiny pokemon and caught it of course. I was wondering if someone could educate me on how to calculate the shiny ID? Is it the same as in generation 4 (i know how to do that)?
It's not possible in Gen 5, because there is no correlation between IVs and PID. If you want to find your SID, you need to use an Action Replay or flashcart, upload something to Pokécheck, or trade one of your Pokémon to somebody who can do one of those things.

Question: So would like to RNG Tornadus. I have already encountered him on Route 7 (or w/e) already. How would I get him perfect?

Would I knock him out, go through the elite-4, and save in front of alder, soft reset to desired time, beat alder? (this is how it was done in gen4)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You might be able to get him shiny but forget about its IVs. If you want a flawless one you would have to Re start your game. This is because of how frames are advance during a battle.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Question: So would like to RNG Tornadus. I have already encountered him on Route 7 (or w/e) already. How would I get him perfect?

Would I knock him out, go through the elite-4, and save in front of alder, soft reset to desired time, beat alder? (this is how it was done in gen4)
You could RNG it shiny that way, but getting good IVs would be basically impossible except maybe on an emulator. The PIDRNG stays put during the battle with Alder, but the IV frame advances at about 120 per second.

Is it possible to hit "Skip" frames when Entralink RNGing? I've been hitting both my standard seed and C-Gear seed a lot, but I'm not getting the desired nature. My standard seed is B43E9D31E5689C5E. I'm selecting Gen 5 PIDRNG and Entralink Pokémon, then changing the Gender to Male (100% Male), since I'm going for Tyrogue. My initial PIDRNG frame is 47, so I add 3 and change it to 50. My target frames are 196 and 197 (inputting 171 as my time for EonTimer). For instance, I just got a Timid, Somewhat vain Tyrogue, which isn't near those targets at all.

Help? D:

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Didn't you said you advanced by three using chatots? I am not good at entralink but if you were able to advance it that way before would'nt you be able to do the same when in the forest?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)