Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No, those things would not have effected your calibration. You calibrate to find out what delay range and second you hit most often - the frame will not change your delay / second because the delay is determined when you enter the Pokemon World. However, you honestly didn't need to calibrate. Eon Timer does it for you.

Do you know how to use eon timer correctly? Sync your timer and DS clock. When the first timer reaches 0, press A on the DS menu to enter the game. Then wait on the Pokemon Game menu until the second timer does. Once it does press A. If you've been doing that but no luck, you'll need to update your Eon Timer. To update it, just enter the delay you're hitting in the correct place and click update. However, since you're trying to RNG a starter, you can only confirm your delay by checking the IVs of Cyndaquil. I strongly suggest you try some other type of RNG manipulation before you attempt a starter.

No there isn't. Cyndaquil will always be on frame 5.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natures and PIDs are tied in 4th gen, so not every nature + IV combo is possible like in 5th gen.

No, walking is probably almost never used to advance the frame in 4th gen. Most people use Chatot (which has been recently proven to work in 4th gen.), or the Elm/Irwin/Joey calls to advance the frame. In DPPt the journal is used to advance the frame, and also Chatot works here as well.
Ah ok, I see that the soft-resetting I was doing was probably making it a little tougher to get the precise delay, though it shouldn't affect things too much since the overall delay should have been very close, and I know I was hitting the right time.

4th gen is actually a lot easier when you get the hang of it. Like PoJ said you should start with another kind of abuse. Calibration was only used because Pikatimer and Eontimer did not exist back then, other than that..no you don't have to. I timer have the default settings which are a beep for the last 6 seconds, after a while you get use to just do by ear but when I first started looking at it while hearing did wonders. Just hit A when you think the last beep will sound at least that's how I do it.

Chatots will always advance the frame by one just like they do in gen 5. About using Eontimer, press A to Select/SR the game when the first timer hits 0 and then again to enter the Pokemon world when the second timer hits 0.
Gotcha. I think I understand the process much better now, but I'm not going to be content until I RNG this damn starter. If I'm hitting rather close to the desired seed, could I adjust the timer just by knowing the nature/rough estimate of the IVs?

In gen 5, have you ever noticed that sometimes it takes two Chatot calls to advance the frame? When I'm hitting PIDs 100-200 away I often have to do an extra call or two.

Also one more simple question:

Is it true that you always either hit odd or even delays without a game in your GBA cartridge? I assumed it was because I was always hitting odd delays, and so I only targeted seeds with odd delays.

If I wanted to hit an even delay, I would need to put a game in the GBA cartridge right?

Gotcha. I think I understand the process much better now, but I'm not going to be content until I RNG this damn starter. If I'm hitting rather close to the desired seed, could I adjust the timer just by knowing the nature/rough estimate of the IVs?
You can figure out your delay by the nature and IVs. You can use an IV range, but the range has to be generally small, sadly. But if you do have the IVs, you would go to RNG Reporter's main window and click on 4th gen tools at the top. Then go to Find Seed by IVs or Find Seed by IV Range.

Edit: Yes, that is true. If you wanted to hit an even delay you would insert a Pokemon GBA game into your DS. Alternatively, you could just change the year on your DS and that would also change the delay by 1, to make it even.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Also one more simple question:

Is it true that you always either hit odd or even delays without a game in your GBA cartridge? I assumed it was because I was always hitting odd delays, and so I only targeted seeds with odd delays.

If I wanted to hit an even delay, I would need to put a game in the GBA cartridge right?
You should really stop double posting ._. There's a more reliable way to do that; just +- a year to your current date. Like if you're hitting odd delays in the year 2012 change it to 2011 and you should be now hitting even delays!

You should really stop double posting ._. There's a more reliable way to do that; just +- a year to your current date. Like if you're hitting odd delays in the year 2012 change it to 2011 and you should be now hitting even delays!
Why does RNG Reporter ask for the year if seeds are not year dependent?

Is there a way to check on seeds created by adjacent delays, analogous to the adjacent seed tool in Gen 5?

Why does RNG Reporter ask for the year if seeds are not year dependent?
Because the year changes the delay. For example, if your target delay is 706 and you change the year to 2011 or 2013, your new target delay will be 705 or 707 (this is how you would be able to hit an even delay if you regularly get odd). The year doesn't change whether you hit odd or even, it just changes the target delay.

Edit: Yes there is, you need to use the Seed To Time window (under 4th gen tools, or right click your seed in the time finder and click generate more times). However, you need to have the Pokegear to verify your seed so you can't use that with the starters.

Whether you hit odd or even delays is not connected to the year on the date. What does determine this is simply the presence of a 3rd gen cart in your DS. Insert one to hit odd delays, make sure it is absent to hit even delays.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Whether you hit odd or even delays is not connected to the year on the date. What does determine this is simply the presence of a 3rd gen cart in your DS. Insert one to hit odd delays, make sure it is absent to hit even delays.
You can change the odd/even in either of the two ways. GBA cart changes a year that is odd without a cart to even and the opposite is true for even years. So the year does matter.

Before I abuse my manaphy I just want to make sure I have this right. I'm going for a flawless calm shiny manaphy and I have that spread on my one of my Pearl saves. So all I would have to do is transfer the manaphy onto my Diamond game, abuse the spread I have on my Pearl game in my Diamond game, and then I could trade it to my Pearl and have it hatch shiny, correct?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You abuse the IVs on your Pearl using the ID/SID combination of your Diamond. Transfer it and hatch it on your diamond. Is that easy :3

Remember that you abuse the egg when you're getting it from the delivery man so you can't trade it and then abuse it.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Before I abuse my manaphy I just want to make sure I have this right. I'm going for a flawless calm shiny manaphy and I have that spread on my one of my Pearl saves. So all I would have to do is transfer the manaphy onto my Diamond game, abuse the spread I have on my Pearl game in my Diamond game, and then I could trade it to my Pearl and have it hatch shiny, correct?
If by transferring the Manaphy onto your Diamond game means you give it the egg via that Mystery Gift thing (well it's not really a Mystery Gift come to think of it), RNG the egg on Diamond, then trade it to Pearl then yes.

Wait, I'm confused now, lol. If I understand both of what you guys are saying right then you two are telling me two different things. I have the shiny spread on my Pearl game so I was thinking that I was supposed to transfer the egg from my Ranger game to my Diamond, abuse it on there, then trade it to my Pearl and it would hatch shiny.

Wait, I'm confused now, lol. If I understand both of what you guys are saying right then you two are telling me two different things. I have the shiny spread on my Pearl game so I was thinking that I was supposed to transfer the egg from my Ranger game to my Diamond, abuse it on there, then trade it to my Pearl and it would hatch shiny.
Yes, transfer the egg to the game that doesn't have the shiny spread. RNG the egg and take it. Then trade the egg to your game with the shiny spread and hatch it.

Note that when you do hatch it, it won't show up shiny in the hatching animation, but it will be shiny when you look at the summary.

Hi. I've been reading about the Emerald RNG Mechanics since last weekend. The main reason I wanted to learn it is to get a Latios, my favorite Pokemon, with some good IV spreads. Now it's time to put my "knowledge" to the test!

I'm going to do the following procedures on my Emerald cartridge, but I'm worried that I may be doing something wrong, so please correct me before I start.

Preparations:
-Found a frame for the Latios I want. It's 5394, to be exact. On this frame, Latios will have perfect Speed IV's as well as a decent amount of Special Attack IV's.
-Traded over a spare Latios I got from my Ruby version so that I can locate the Latios in Emerald much more easily.
-Patience, lots of it!

What I plan on doing:
1. Beat E4
2. Plug in the frame for the Emloop Timer so that I can know when to talk to the TV
3. After credits, soft reset the GBA while simultaneously starting the Emloop timer
4. Go downstairs of my "house", and select the answer "Blue" when talking to the TV the moment the Emloop timer hits 0
5. Hunt for Latios
6. When I catch it, if it doesn't have the requirements I wanted, record the "deviation time" / frame from the target frame, and after about 10 tries of repeating through steps 2 to 5, find average amount of time / frame deviation and set that amount into Emloop timer
7. ???
8. Success

Please tell me if I'm missing anything or doing anything wrong! My awesome Latios awaits me!

Hi. I've been reading about the Emerald RNG Mechanics since last weekend. The main reason I wanted to learn it is to get a Latios, my favorite Pokemon, with some good IV spreads. Now it's time to put my "knowledge" to the test!

I'm going to do the following procedures on my Emerald cartridge, but I'm worried that I may be doing something wrong, so please correct me before I start.

Preparations:
-Found a frame for the Latios I want. It's 5394, to be exact. On this frame, Latios will have perfect Speed IV's as well as a decent amount of Special Attack IV's.
-Traded over a spare Latios I got from my Ruby version so that I can locate the Latios in Emerald much more easily.
-Patience, lots of it!

What I plan on doing:
1. Beat E4
2. Plug in the frame for the Emloop Timer so that I can know when to talk to the TV
3. After credits, soft reset the GBA while simultaneously starting the Emloop timer
4. Go downstairs of my "house", and select the answer "Blue" when talking to the TV the moment the Emloop timer hits 0
5. Hunt for Latios
6. When I catch it, if it doesn't have the requirements I wanted, record the "deviation time" / frame from the target frame, and after about 10 tries of repeating through steps 2 to 5, find average amount of time / frame deviation and set that amount into Emloop timer
7. ???
8. Success

Please tell me if I'm missing anything or doing anything wrong! My awesome Latios awaits me!
Looks good, but you might want to try frame 5892 since it gives you flawless Def and 3 more points in SpDef. Also I would use EonTimer instead of emloop. Just update it with the frame you hit if you miss your target. You may also want to bring an HP (using Endeavor) or Speed checker if you don't plan on catching him in a Master ball.

What frame does the red gyarados start on?
When I caught mine it started on frame 1, but I've heard it could be different. However, the frame it starts on doesn't really matter because you can just use Elm calls to find out what frame you're on. It's good to have a target frame that's 20+ but Idk, maybe a lower frame will work. Just keep in mind there are NPCs :p

I can see how youd use elm calls to determine the delay, but how do you use them to determine the frame you're starting on. I think this might lead to why my elm calls dont confirm a delay sometimes.

It's been years (lol overstatements are fun) since i've logged on. Here's my problem, im trying to rng a wild pokemon on platinum in victory road. My target frame is an odd number, i know that sweet scent can advance it to 2 times so if i say my target is 47-2=45. Question is, how can i advance 5 times, can i start outside the cave walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon enter cave, walk 1 step since i can't sweet scent on my default position in the cave then flip 20 journal pages then sweet scent or do i have to be lucky that 1 step i take inside the cave counts as 1 and walk 5 steps with repel to advance 5 frames then flip 20 pages then sweet scent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)