move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Focus Punch / Brick Break
item: Choice Band
ability: Snow Warning
nature: Adamant
evs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Give Abomasnow a Choice Band and it reaches its maximum offensive potential. This set lures in and defeats opposing weather inducers and common Abomasnow switch-ins. Wood Hammer OHKOes specially defensive Tyranitar and physically defensive Politoed while 2HKOing any Hippowdon. Earthquake OHKOes 252 HP / 0 Def Ninetales with ease, destroys Heatran, and deals 69.8% - 82.7% to specially defensive Jirachi. This set is a great addition to hail teams, as they often fail to get past these threats if they use Kyurem as their main attacker. As all these Pokemon have little to fear from other Abomasnow sets, Abomasnow can frequently lure them in and take them out. Abomasnow can also work as an excellent revenge killer with Ice Shard, as STAB Ice-type priority is excellent in a metagame filled with offensive Dragon-types such as Dragonite and Salamence. Abomasnow gets enough coverage with Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, and Earthquake; as such, it doesn't regularly use its fourth move. Focus Punch, however, is still usable in certain situations; it KOes Air Balloon Heatran hoping to switch into an Earthquake and eliminates Tyranitar without forcing Abomasnow to take recoil from Wood Hammer. It also OHKOes Blissey, and even Chansey falls after Stealth Rock and hail damage. Because decent prediction skills are needed to use Focus Punch effectively, Brick Break is a viable alternative even though the loss in power is considerable.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow's Attack is maximized so that it can hit as hard as possible, and 84 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Tyranitar. The remaining 172 EVs are placed into HP to provide extra bulk and offset Wood Hammer's recoil. An alternative EV spread of 118 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe allows Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Heatran. There are a few other moves Abomasnow can use in the last slot, but before considering them, be aware of the benefits of Focus Punch:</p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/88+ Ferrothorn 80.7% - 95.5%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 248/0 Scizor 61.8% - 72.9%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Skarmory 36.2% - 42.8%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Forretress 33.9% - 40.1%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Bronzong 40.8% - 48.2%</li>
</ul>

<p>Ice Punch is more powerful than Ice Shard, but Abomasnow's low Speed stat means that Ice Shard is usually the better choice. Avalanche has -4 priority, but it gives Abomasnow a 120 Base Power move if attacked by the foe; then again, Abomasnow should not take hits if it can avoid them. Seed Bomb is weaker than Wood Hammer, but it lacks recoil damage and can still 2HKO Blissey and Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Fire can be used to deal heavy damage to physically defensive Steel-types such as Forretress, which can take all of Abomasnow's physical moves. Use a Lonely nature and transfer 4 EVs from HP into Speed if Abomasnow decides to go mixed. However, Hidden Power Fire will be weak without Special Attack investment, and it is a bad move to be locked into. Finally, Rock Slide is a niche option to destroy incoming Volcarona.</p>

<p>Steel-types are at the top of Abomasnow's list of counters. Scizor is particularly dangerous, as it can switch in on Wood Hammer or Ice Shard and threaten to KO with Bullet Punch or U-turn. Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong also have an easy time against Abomasnow as they are not 2HKOed by any of its moves. Therefore, Magnezone is an excellent teammate because it can trap and KO these Pokemon with Hidden Power Fire. Faster Pokemon with Fire- and Fighting-type moves can KO Abomasnow with ease if they can safely switch in; Infernape, Terrakion, and Mienshao are just some of the full stops to Abomasnow. Slowbro and Reuniclus make good teammates as they can take on these Fighting-types. Gyarados is also an excellent choice to tank Fire- and Fighting-type moves directed at Abomasnow, but it brings another Rock-type weakness. Residual damage is also a major problem for Abomasnow, as it will receive recoil from Wood Hammer and has a weakness to Stealth Rock. Furthermore, it is vulnerable to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and does not have Leftovers to restore its HP. Abomasnow thus appreciates Rapid Spin and Wish support. Tentacruel can spin entry hazards away, has excellent defensive synergy with Abomasnow, and is a great check to Scizor. It can also lay Toxic Spikes to help weaken the opponent's offensive Pokemon to the point where Abomasnow can take them out with Ice Shard. Vaporeon is a great Wish passer due to its high HP and bulk, and Abomasnow is able to switch in on the Grass- and Electric-type attacks that Vaporeon is weak to in order to receive the Wish. Lastly, Heatran can take most of the special attacks aimed at Abomasnow and lay down Stealth Rock to rack up more residual damage on the opponent's Pokemon.</p>

Wait a second, why the hell isn't this on site already? The fact that it demolishes opposing weather starters is enough by itself to warrant an analysis. Of course, it does have the disadvantage of lessened survivability thanks to Wood Hammer recoil, but really, do you give a shit about that if you just OHKO'd their Politoed/Ttar?

Anyways, this obviously needs a more extensive Counters/checks section, with things like Scizor needing a mention. Also you probably don't need ALL these calcs in the final analysis; the weather starter ones alone would be enough to convince me. Overall this is really well done and I can't wait to see this on site.

Seriously, how come this isn't already on there? Someone tell me...

I liked this set, I used it in the Old UU to beat Milotic and bulky waters except Slowbro isn't 2HKO >:C

Maybe add Avalanhe in AC since its already slow

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Wait a second, why the hell isn't this on site already? The fact that it demolishes opposing weather starters is enough by itself to warrant an analysis. Of course, it does have the disadvantage of lessened survivability thanks to Wood Hammer recoil, but really, do you give a shit about that if you just OHKO'd their Politoed/Ttar?

Anyways, this obviously needs a more extensive Counters/checks section, with things like Scizor needing a mention. Also you probably don't need ALL these calcs in the final analysis; the weather starter ones alone would be enough to convince me. Overall this is really well done and I can't wait to see this on site.

Seriously, how come this isn't already on there? Someone tell me...
Thank you for your support, much appreciated. I just put lots of calcs in to show what Abomasnow can do. If this goes through I won't put them all in.
I think people just ignore hail so the analysis on site does not have all the viable sets Abomasnow could run. Hell, even a Choice Specs set could probably work (you heard it here first :P), there was one in DP.

I liked this set, I used it in the Old UU to beat Milotic and bulky waters except Slowbro isn't 2HKO >:C

Maybe add Avalanhe in AC since its already slow
Wood Hammer vs. 252/252+ Slowbro 87.3% - 103.55%
Wood Hammer vs. 252/252+ Milotic [Marvel Scale] 73.09% - 85.78%

Quite impressive isn't it?

Avalanche is added, thanks for the suggestion.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that HP Fire deserves a mention in the last slot or at least at the AC. I can't do calcs right now but i am sure it 2hkoes Forretress and Scizor and maybe 2hkoes Ferrothorn.

EDIT: HP Fire from a SpA neutral nature deals 40.9 - 48.86% to standard Ferro.
It also deals 65.3 - 78.13% to standard CB Scizor, 51.97 - 62.14% to specialy defensive Forretress, and 71.18 - 84.74% to physically defensive Forretress.

So with even with a Adamant nature you OHKO all of these pokes after SR (which is needed only for specaiily defensive Forretress, which has a small chane of surviving 2 HP Fires and OHKO with Gyro Ball, but will die immediately after from Hail damage) except from Ferro, which even with a Naughty/Lonely nature cannot be 2hkoed for sure. But still this Abomasnow is not meant to take hits, so maybe going for a Lonely nature to use HP Fire wouldn't hurt... What physical hits is this thing going to take anyway?

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
@alexwolf HP Fire sounds like a really good suggestion, I hadn't even considered it. The last slot is basically up for grabs in this set so it could be a main option. 2HKOing those threats is an excellent ability for this set to have, especially without SpA investment. The only physical moves I can think of Abomasnow wanting to switch into would be something like a Gliscor Earthquake, and it should still be able to do this since it resists Ground. Its other Grass, Electric and Water resistances are usually special attacks anyway so Lonely is definitely viable. HP Fire would be very effective as I doubt many people would suspect this Abomasnow having it, after seeing the damage output of Wood Hammer on another Pokemon.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Abomosnow already has a set that kills opposing weather leads, but this set does that AND revenge kills a bunch of stuff. I disagree with mentioning HP Fire as slashworthy since it's really weak in general, forces you to switch out most of the time and makes you set up fodder.

QC APPROVED (1/3)

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Thanks! I thought HP Fire was quite a good idea, but I will move it to AC as you say. What is your preference for the last slot?

I think seed bomb could be a good option for the last slot as well for providing a strong and reliable stab without the recoil. Focus punch is a little to risky for my liking, especially for a weather starter for your team. Still, its this set's strongest option against the pink blobs and scizor so it may have some merit.

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Yes I suppose Seed Bomb could be an option, but it is quite weak compared to Wood Hammer. As I say I'm waiting for confirmation of what exactly to do with the last slot.

EDIT - On a separate matter, I was wondering if max speed with Jolly is useful, as it can now outspeed Specially Defensive Heatran and minimum speed base 100s, and can tie with standard Tentacruel. However this means Abomasnow loses much needed attack and bulk so I'm not sure if it is worth it. Thoughts?
EDIT 2 - I did some more testing and I think Focus Punch is the best option for the last slot as it can take out Air Balloon Heatran switching in and Tyranitar switching in without Wood Hammer recoil. When using weather inducers it is usually easy to predict when the opponent is going to switch out so Focus Punch works well. It is an unfortunate move to be locked into however. What does QC think?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Focus Punch is also a good way to secure an OHKO on Blissey and Chansey (after SR damage for the latter). The moveset looks good. Here are some feedback on the analysis itself:

When talking about Earthquake, don't forget to mention Jirachi, which is a bane to most Hail teams that rely on Kyurem's offense.

When explaining Focus Punch, mention that it deals a hefty amount of damage to Scizor and OHKOs Blissey and Chansey (after Rocks and Hail damage for the latter). It also puts a decent dent on Skarmory, Forretress, and Bronzong.

AC mention Seed Bomb, which can go over Focus Punch / Ice Punch. It is useful for scoring a 2HKO on Blissey and Hippowdon after Rocks without resorting to Wood Hammer. Mention that Abomasnow would appreciate Magnezone support to remove problematic Steel-types, which it cannot touch due to lack of Focus Punch.

Brick Break is also worth a mention to 2HKO Chansey / Blissey.

AC mention 140 Speed EVs to be faster than minimum Speed Heatran.

Remove Gyarados from Checks and Counters; it dies to 2 Wood Hammers.

Make sure you offer teammate solutions to Infernape, Conkeldurr, and Terrakion that you highlighted as threats. Maybe mention Reuniclus.

When you talk about Tentacruel, also include that it's a good check to Fire-types and Scizor.

Give an example of a good Wish and Entry Hazard Pokemon that does well with Abomasnow. Perhaps Vaporeon for Wisher and Heatran for SR? Tentacruel sets up Toxic Spikes.

Under Magnezone, also highlight its usefulness for trapping Steel-types that otherwise walls this set.

Teammates are anything that appreciates hail for residual damage on stall teams or a 100% accurate Blizzard on offensive teams, and also attackers that enjoy some physical walls being weakened.
Remove this point, since this is just a general description of Abomasnow's utility, and it's not unique to this particular set. It is also not the best wallbreaker out there, since it has trouble against Steel-types.

Pocket said:
Remove Gyarados from Checks and Counters; it dies to 2 Wood Hammers.
Just pointing out that this doesn't disqualify it as a check, as it outspeeds and then can go for the OHKO with bounce or Stone Edge (I didn't do any calcs here, I'm just assuming).

nevermind, just did the calcs and I found out that by "2 Wood hammers" you mean "is OHKO'd with rocks 100% of the time unless it's running max defense, in which case it won't have anything to hit Abomasnow back with anyway" Still, offensive versions CAN outspeed and OHKO with Stone Edge or Bounce, though Gyarados obviously can't switch IN to the attack unless it wants to get utterly destroyed. Certainly no counter and maybe not enough of a check to mention individually (pretty much covered by saying "anything faster with a supereffective attack can revenge kill it"), but it CAN check it, especially if it comes in on one of its other attacks.

But yeah, that's just more testament to just how beastly this thing is. Underestimate at your own risk.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
shit no, I didn't...

I just calced, and Wood Hammer is still doing ~37% to Gyarados, which is a 2HKO after SR damage... Gyarados is still not a solid defensive answer to Abomasnow - at least not to the same degree as the defensive Steel-types listed.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just wondering did you factor in intimidate in the calcs
Against RestTalk Gyara (the bulkiest one), CB Wood Hammer after Intimidate:
36.04 - 42.63% -- 86.72% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Hail

So no Gyarados set can actually switch into Abomasnow safely.

edit: bs pocket why you ninja me

Anyways, if you want to run Blizzard in the last slot it does
144-172 (43.11 - 51.49%) -- 98.44% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather
to Skarmory, even with Adamant, so that's an option if you really need to get past Skarmory and dgaf about the options in the last slot.
Maybe AC?

Against RestTalk Gyara (the bulkiest one), CB Wood Hammer after Intimidate:
36.04 - 42.63% -- 86.72% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Hail

So no Gyarados set can actually switch into Abomasnow safely.

edit: bs pocket why you ninja me
Meh, the Rest Talk set is really kind of irrelevant since it can't really hurt Abomasnow back anyway. The ones that actually threaten it are the ones that use Stone Edge / Bounce. Those can check it if it doesn't come in on Wood Hammer, seeing as they can OHKO it with those moves. They just need to be careful switching in or resort to revenge killing. Also, neither of those moves is particularly reliable and Bounce lets you gain momentum switching to something else, but still. Worth noting.

It's only really SE gyara that threatens aboma, bounce variants can only switch in once and then they absolutely have to bounce, allowing you to go into your gyara check easily and force it out to take SR damage again. Most run moxie anyway, meaning that they're pretty much dead if they come in on wood hammer. Gyara isn't really a stop to this set in any way, shape, or form.

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Thanks Pocket, I made the changes. Just to be clear about Gyarados, I saw that it could take two Wood Hammers with Intimidate when I was doing calcs. What I forgot was: A- Stealth Rock and B- the Rest Talk set can't do anything back to Abomasnow.

@Woodchuck - I suppose Blizzard could get a mention for Skarmory, although it seems overly specific and will be useless against most foes without any SpA investment. HP Fire is in AC already and against other Steels HP Fire is preferable if you decided to forgo Focus Punch.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Abomasnow has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, and I am always glad to see effective sets being used on the thing!

The main selling point of this set is its ability to outright destroy its fellow weather inducers Tyranitar, Ninetales, and Politoed. Wood Hammer massacres Politoed and Tyranitar, while Earthquake makes quick work of Ninetales. A surprise OHKO on them as they try to switch in on, say, a Blizzard or Leech Seed, can swing the game in immediately to your advantage in the snap of a finger. Winning the weather war has always been part of OU since the beginning of BW, and this sets definitely helps with just that through sheer power.

Aside from luring in and KOing opposing weather inducers, this set also lures in some of Abomasnow's other common switch ins, namely Jirachi and Heatran. Earthquake outright KOs Heatran, and does a ton to Jirachi too. Jirachi and Heatran are usually two problematic Pokemon for hail teams, and getting that kill / huge damage on them will make the lives of hail teams much easier knowing they won't have to worry about them being alive. A CB boosted Ice Shard is also fantastic for revenge killing purposes as well, especially since the metagame is littered with offensive Dragon-types like Dragonite and Salamence.

Perhaps Brick Break slashed next to Focus Punch instead of Ice Punch could work? Focus Punch is heavily prediction reliant and could be devastating if not pulled off successfully, i.e. if you try to Focus Punch on a Blissey as it Protects, you lose momentum and have to switch Abomasnow out and potentially take SR damage when it comes back. Said Blissey will also be more likely to stay in and Seismic Toss you when they don't see Leftovers; not the best example, but I hope it gets the point across. I'm not sure Ice Punch is needed, since Aboma will almost always prefer using Ice Shard / Wood Hammer most of the time anyway, so Brick Break could take its place. Ice Punch doesn't seem to have any definite advantages over Ice Shard besides being more powerful, but that point is moot because Abomasnow is very slow, so it'll be getting attacked by faster stuff before it has the chance to Ice Punch something.

The only thing "bad" about this set is that Wood Hammer recoil + SR + no Leftovers will take a number on Abomasnow's health, but that's what teammates are for. Spin and Wish support are very useful in dealing with the aforementioned, so make sure to emphasize those two things when writing this up. Consider this approved by me.

I just talked to Bloo and I agree that Brick Break should be slashed with Focus Punch and Ice Punch should stay in AC. We've also agreed that HP Fire only deserves a mention so leave it as it is.

QC APPROVED 3/3

Also, this is a very well written analysis so congratulations!

Pocket

Wow, sorry, Knight of Cydonia, I totally missed your update -_-;;

PS: I also support slashing Brick Break next to Focus Punch instead of Ice Punch.

QC Approved (4/3)

Honestly, I've been messing with CB Aboma and yeah, it seems like a really solid set. The way it can brute force though whatever is very nice.

And honestly, and I won't make that big a deal of it since I'm still new to the game but...I don't think he really needs Wish Support. From what I've seen, you don't tend to need Abomasnow alive that long. If you're facing another Weather Starter, than he lives as long as the opponent's WS is alive.

After that, if the opponent doesn't have a WS or is already dead, then his biggest job just seems to be revenging Dragon-types or luring in switches like Heatran and taking care of them. But once that's taken care of, there's not much for Aboma to really do it seems.

Get in, smash what you want, get out. And it's hella fun to use.

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Thanks everyone, I've put Brick Break in. I'll get on with writing it tomorrow or at the weekend.
@Saitsuofleaves - Like you say, if Abomasnow has won the weather war then it's mission accomplished, but wish allows it continue its revenge killing/luring. After all a healthy Pokemon is better than a dead one, and if you mess up with Abomasnow it can give you a second chance. When a Pokemon is so prone to residual damage and will probably be the most important member of your team, wish has to get a mention, even if it's not to everyone's battle-style.

That's true, however the second reason I mentioned it is...it seems tough to actually fit a Wish supporter on the team.

Then again, I could always get rid of an extra offensive poke, and put it all on CM Reuniclus and Aboma/Kyurem and hope that's enough.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Wood Hammer

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Give Abomasnow a Choice Band, andits full offensive potential is realised, meaning that opposing weatherinducers can be lured in and taken out of the match. Abomasnow has just enough tools to go as an all out physical attacker.Choice Band is the preferred item in this set as it gives Abomasnow the powerit needs to show all its potential. This set lures and defeats opposing weatherinducers as well as common Abomasnow switch-ins; Wood Hammer OHKOes specially defensive Tyranitar and physicallydefensive Politoed, and 2HKOes <Any kind ofHippowdon?>Hippowdon.Hippowdon is easily 2HKOd by Wood Hammer and Earthquake dispatches OHKOes 252 <HP?><Space>/<Space>0 <Def?> Ninetales with a single blow with ease, destroys Heatran, anddeals upwards of 70%<Exact number?>to specially defensive Jirachi.As well as winning weather wars and abusing a very powerful WoodHammer, Abomasnow can alsowork as an excellent revenge killer with Ice Shard. STAB Ice-typepriority is excellent in a metagame filled with offensive Dragon-types <Such as?>. Earthquake occupies the third moveslot, it destroys Heatran and dealsupwards of 70% to specially defensive Jirachi. As they As all these Pokemon have little to fear from otherAbomasnow sets, itwill be able to easy for Abomasnow frequentlyachieve these its goals. This is a great boon set is a great addition for hailteams as they can often fail to get past these two threats when using if they use Kyuremas their main artillery piece. Between these three movesAbomasnow gains good type coverage, Abomasnow gets enough coveragewith Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, and Earthquake, and assuch the last move slot is not regularly used. However, Focus Punchis still rather valuable FocusPunch, however, is still usable in certain situations;.It can KO Air Balloon Heatran hoping to switch into an Earthquake andeliminates Tyranitar without having to take recoil fromWood Hammer recoil. In addition, it OHKOesBlissey,;and Chansey also falls after taking Stealth Rock andhail damage. Focus Punch cripples standard Ferrothorn, deals a large amountof damage to Scizor and takes a reasonable chunk <Howabout some real numbers?>out of Skarmory, Forretress, andBronzong. Because Ddecentprediction skills are needed to use Focus Punch effectively,so Brick Break is a viable alternative as it can 2HKOBlissey; and Chansey is 2HKOd after Stealth Rock and hail damage as well. even though the loss in power isconsiderable.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow’s attack is maximiszed so it can hit ashard as possible and the 84 Speed EVs enable allowsit to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Tyranitar. The remaining 172 EVs are placed into HP for extra bulkand to help offset Wood Hammer's recoil. An optional EV spread of 118 HP / 252 Atk /140 Spe can be used to outspeed minimum Speed Heatran. There are quite a few move choices other moves Abomasnow can use in the last slot other than the two listed Focus Punch and Brick Break.Ice Punch is more powerful than Ice Shard, but Abomasnow's low speed means thatIce Shard would should be the preferable preferred over IcePunch move most of the time anyway. Avalanche has negative a -4 priority, but gives Abomasnow a 120 BasePower move haspossible base power of 120 if stricken by the foe if attacked by the foe,but then again, Abomasnow does not want to be takingshould not take hitsif it can avoid them. Seed Bomb is weaker than Wood Hammer but has no recoil damage, and it can be used to 2HKOBlissey and Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Fire is an interestingoption to hurt 4x Fire weak Steel-types hit Pokemon weak to Fire <such as?>that can takeall of Abomasnow’s physical moves,. use a ALonely nature and put 4 extra EVs into Speed from HP if going down this route EVs from HP intoSpeed should be used if Abomasnow decides to go mixed. It Abomasnow will be weak without enough <SpecialAttack?>investment though, and <Hidden Power?> is a badmove to be locked into. Finally, Rock Slide is a niche option to destroyincoming Volcarona.</p>

<p>Steel-types are at the top of thelist of Abomasnow’s counters Steel-types are at the top on Abomasnow’s counters list.Scizor is particularly dangerous as it can come in switch in on WoodHammer or Ice Shard and threaten to KO with BulletPunch or U-Tturn. Pokemon such asForretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong also have an easy time against Abomasnow <How exactly?>. As said already, Focus Punchhelps somewhat against the Steels, but they still wall it effectively.Therefore, Magnezone is an excellent teammate for trapping and KOing them because it can trapand KO these Pokemon with Hidden Power Fire. Faster Pokemon with common attacking types such as Fire and Fighting with Fire and Fighting attackingmoves can KO Abomasnow with ease if they can switch in safelysafely switch in or if they come in after a KO;.Infernape, Terrakion and Conkeldurr are just some of the full stops toAbomasnow. Slowbro and Reuniclus make for good teammates asthey can take on these Fighting- types on. Gyarados is also an excellent choice for taking to tank Fire andFighting-type moves directed at Abomasnow,but watch out for Stone Edge it brings another Rock weakness.Residual damage is also a major problem for thisAbomasnow as it will be taking recoil from Wood Hammerrecoil and is has a weakness to Stealth Rock. Furthermore, it isprone to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and it doesn’t does not have Leftoversto help alleviate these problems restore its HP. This means that it Abomasnow appreciatesRapid Spin and Wish support. Tentacruel is ideal , as it can lay Toxic Spikes, spin away entry hazards away, and it also has an excellent defensivesynergy with Abomasnow,. taking Fire and Fighting-typeattacks well and is a good check for Scizor. It can also lay Toxic Spikes thatwill contribute to taking many offensive Pokemon into KO range for Abomasnow’sIce Shard. Vaporeon is a great Wish passer due to its high HP andbulk, and Abomasnow will be is able to switch in on Vaporeon 'sGrass and Electric-type weaknesses to receive the Wish. Lastly, Heatran cantake many most of the specialattacks aimed at Abomasnow and lay down Stealth Rock torack up the residual damage on the opponent' s Pokemon.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Wood Hammer

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> Abomasnow has just enough tools to go as an all out physical attacker. Choice Band is the preferred item in this set as it gives Abomasnow the power it needs to show all its potential. This set lures and defeats opposing weather inducers as well as common Abomasnow switch-ins; Wood Hammer OHKOes specially defensive Tyranitar, physically defensive Politoed, and 2HKOes <Anykind of Hippowdon?>Hippowdon. Earthquake OHKOes 252 <HP?><Space>/<Space>0 <Def?> Ninetales with ease, destroys Heatran, and deals upwards of 70%<Exact number?>to specially defensive Jirachi. Abomasnow can also work as an excellent revenge killer with Ice Shard. STAB Ice-type priority is excellent in a metagame filled with offensive Dragon-types<Such as?>. As all these Pokemon have little to fear from other Abomasnow sets, it will be easy for Abomasnow to frequently achieve its goals.This set is a great addition to hail teams as they often fail to get past these threats if they use Kyurem as their main artillery piece. Abomasnow gets enough coverage with Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, and Earthquake, as such the last move slot is not regularly used. Focus Punch, however, is still usable in certain situations; it can KO Air Balloon Heatran hoping to switch into an Earthquake and eliminates Tyranitar without having to take recoil from Wood Hammer. In addition, it OHKOes Blissey, and Chansey falls after Stealth Rock and hail damage. Focus Punch cripples standard Ferrothorn, deals a large amount of damage to Scizor and takes a reasonable chunk <How about some real numbers?> out of Skarmory, Forretress, and Bronzong. Because decent prediction skills are needed to use Focus Punch effectively, Brick Break is a viable alternative even though the loss in power is considerable. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow’s attack is maximized so it can hit as hard as possible and 84 Speed EVs allows it to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Tyranitar. The remaining 172 EVs are placed into HP for extra bulk and to help offset Wood Hammer’s recoil. An optional EV spread of 118 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe can be used to outspeed minimum Speed Heatran. There are a few other moves Abomasnow can use in the last slot other than Focus Punch and Brick Break. Ice Punch is more powerful than Ice Shard, but Abomasnow’s low Speed Stat means that Ice Shard should be preferred over Ice Punch. Avalanche has a -4 priority, but gives Abomasnow a 120 Base Power move if attacked by the foe, then again; Abomasnow should not be take hits if it can avoid them. Seed Bomb is weaker than Wood Hammer but has no recoil damage, and can 2HKO Blissey and Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Fire is an interesting option to hit Pokemon weak to Fire <such as?>that can take all of Abomasnow's physical moves. A Lonely nature 4 extra EVs from HP into Speed should be used if Abomasnow decides to go mixed. Abomasnow will be weak without enough<Special Attack?> investment though, and <Hidden Power?> is a bad move to be locked into. Finally, Rock Slide is a niche option to destroy incoming Volcarona. </p>

<p>Steel-types are at the top on Abomasnow’s counters list. Scizor is particularly dangerous as it can switch in on Wood Hammer or Ice Shard and threat to KO with Bullet Punch or U-Turn. Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong also have an easy time against Abomasnow<How exactly?>. Therefore, Magnezone is an excellent teammate because it can trap and KO these Pokemon with Hidden Power Fire. Faster Pokemon with Fire and Fighting attacking moves can KO Abomasnow with ease if they can safely switch in or if they come in after a KO; Infernape, Terrakion and Conkeldurr are just some of the full stops to Abomasnow. Slowbro and Reuniclus make good teammates as they can take on these Fighting- types. Gyarados is also an excellent choice to tank Fire and Fighting-type moves directed at Abomasnow, but it brings another Rock weakness. Residual damage is also a major problem for Abomasnow as it will receive recoil from Wood Hammer and has a weakness to Stealth Rock. Furthermore, it is prone to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and it does not have Leftovers to restore its HP. Abomasnow appreciates Rapid Spin and Wish support. Tentacruel can lay Toxic Spikes, spin entry hazards away, and has an excellent defensive synergy with Abomasnow. Vaporeon is a great Wish passer due to its high HP and bulk, and Abomasnow is able to switch in on Vaporeon's Grass and Electric-type weaknesses to receive the Wish. Lastly, Heatran can take most of the special attacks aimed at Abomasnow and lay down Stealth Rock to rack up the residual damage on the opponent's Pokemon.</p>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)