2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the pen was given for the foul, although the striker (yak?) had his back to goal, and wasn't in a position to shoot, and coates was backtracking,
not a goalscoring opportunity.

No, the pen was given for the foul, although the striker (yak?) had his back to goal, and wasn't in a position to shoot, and coates was backtracking,
not a goalscoring opportunity.
good point. speaking about coates, exceptional talent, no? Surely he has to be ahead of Carra.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Tevez starts for City!!!

But the main events will be going on at the bottom.

Wigan and Wolves should both get thrashed at home to Man U and Arsenal respectively, but I really hope Swansea can get something at QPR. However, I do fear a QPR win.

comolli sacked.

adam johnson is available for 10m. would be a bargain for liverpool imo.

adam johnson, dzeko/adebayor and de jong would be excellent signings

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
just reading through some old posts and found this little nugget of foresight from yours truly.

Lee said:
the last time kenny dalglish managed a premiership team, he drove them into the ground. Don't expect miracles.
strange that!

Commoli's dismissal is just a kneejerk reaction, the guy has done a fine job. Please explain the thinking behind it somebody? Even the Telegraph seems uncertain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-transfers-and-desperate-run-of-results.html

article said:
Liverpool have sacked Director of Football Damien Comolli after the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group, reviewed the club's failure in the transfer market that saw high-profile and expensive acquisitions such as Andy Carroll contribute to a chastening season in the Premier League.
and then go on to say

article said:
in all instances, manager Kenny Dalglish had the final say in the deals.

"[Comolli] has been really helpful in every transfer target we've gone for," said Dalglish. Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice. Once I made the choice who I wanted Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in."
it absolutely wreaks of scapegoat - the guy has gone out and brought in the targets that he was asked to using the funds available to him. the owners need to grow a pair and have a word with 'king' kenny if they have a problem with recent transfers because he's come out on record and said that they were all his choices.

related reading - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...k-Damien-Comolli-did-they-oust-right-man.html

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
United lose another game and we have a title decider like last season except the rivalry's more fierce and there's a lot of pride at stake coz it's a derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)