Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 free spots open!!!

Sadly, one has been taken by a friend, but that means I still have an open Challenge for someone!!!!!

I challenge someone to a Cartoon Network in-in-the-90's battle!!! I would prefer that the taker and the ref is a "90's" kid like me.
(Toonami is included)

This battle will be pretty much the same as a "Ref's Mind" arena, but the Ref will have his/her mind back in the 90's!!!

Rules:

3v3 LC mon battle (weak, as in almost 0 battle exp.) or 3v3 Middlemon battle (average power) <---taker's choice on which.
2/5 recovery/chills
1 Sub
2 day DQ

I have 2 free spots open!!!

Sadly, one has been taken by a friend, but that means I still have an open Challenge for someone!!!!!

I challenge someone to a Cartoon Network in-in-the-90's battle!!! I would prefer that the taker and the ref is a "90's" kid like me.
(Toonami is included)

This battle will be pretty much the same as a "Ref's Mind" arena, but the Ref will have his/her mind back in the 90's!!!

Rules:

3v3 LC mon battle (weak, as in almost 0 battle exp.) or 3v3 Middlemon battle (average power) <---taker's choice on which.
2/5 recovery/chills
1 Sub
2 day DQ
Dropping my NFE Yume Nikki challenge to fight this one. :D

Pokemon = LC Singles
Items = Training
Switch = KO
Abilities = All

Stratos

Banned deucer.
[5:46pm] LadySalamence: Define veteran
[5:46pm] smashlloyd20: zarator go accept
[5:47pm] EspyOwner: Cute little teddy bear that poses no actual threat
[5:47pm] EspyOwner: @LS
[5:47pm] LadySalamence: Espyowner
[5:47pm] LadySalamence: I will CRUSH you
[5:47pm] LadySalamence: In a fight
[5:47pm] Pwnemon: i could totes beat either of you
[5:47pm] LadySalamence: Yeah right, pwnemon

asb arena
2v2 fe singles
all abilities
no items
2 day dq
2 recover / 5 chill
1 sub

BRING IT LS

Need ref? You got ref. And since nobody specified an arena, you've got the brilliant mind of Objection to come up with one. Now, what would be good for a doubles ... I know! I'll use an arena that never really saw any use!

Arena: Witches' Brew

The trainers battle on a huge platform suspended over a relatively small cauldron. The base of the platform is an iron circle with a tall indestructible glass barrier around the edge. On top of this circle is some earth that, at the top, has been made into a dirt circle with small boulders and patches of grass dotted around and a small water hole in the center. Basically, all moves can be used as normal in this arena.

During battle, some of the elemental energy from the pokemon's attacks will be absorbed by a strange liquid that is brewing inside the cauldron. This liquid is known as the Witches' Brew and the elemental properties it has absorbed are denoted by the Witches' Brew's seventeen elemental strengths (one for each attacking type except typeless). Any time a direct damaging attack is used, the Brew's matching elemental strength is increased by the BAP* of the move (for example, Fire Blast increases the Brew's fire elemental strength by 12). If, however, the move has fixed damage instead of BAP, such as Super Fang or Dragon Rage, the elemental strength is increased by the move's energy cost (ignoring STAB) instead. The increase happens if the move is successfully performed, regardless of whether or not the move hits.

Should the total of the Witches' Brew's elemental strengths ever equal or exceed 50, the cauldron will erupt at the end of the round and the Brew will splash over the base of the platform, causing the arena to transform in some way for the duration of the following round. If there is one highest elemental strength for the Brew, the arena transforms into one of these depending on which elemental strength is the highest:

The platform turns from an earth-covered iron circle into grey plastic, as do the rocks and grass, though they can still be used as normal. The blandness of the platform rubs off on the pokemon. All items and abilities (including traits) are disabled and all pokemon become typeless, meaning they do not get STAB, weaknesses, resistances or immunities (for example, a Steel-type is now vulnerable to Poison-type moves and can be poisoned). The attacks, however, retain their typing. If, at the end of the round, a pokemon is suffering from a status that it is normally immune to, the status is removed unless this arena effect is refreshed.
The ground turns into ash and volcanic rock with several fissures appearing in the rocky parts of the arena. Flames shoot out of these fissures at random. At the end of every action after other end-of-action effects have happened, there is a chance that a pokemon will get burned by the flames. This chance is equal to (size class) * 10%. In addition, the water in the water hole becomes much hotter, so Surf and Soak have a 10% burn chance in addition to their normal effects. Dive has a 10% chance of burning the user on the turn they go underwater and on every action they remain underwater.
The ground becomes sandy and the water level rises until it reaches 1ft above ground level. The deep water slows down the smaller pokemon in the arena. Size class 1 pokemon have their current speed reduced to 33%, size class 2 pokemon have theirs reduced to 50%, size class 3 pokemon have theirs reduced to 67% and size class 4 pokemon have theirs reduced to 75%. Flying, levitating and Water-type pokemon are exempt from this. The ability Swift Swim is activated by this effect unless it is already active due to rain.
Writhing vines grow from the platform and cover the arena surface. These vines entangle all pokemon in the arena, keeping them in place. All speed boosts and drops are ignored for the round, moves that can't be used in Gravity will fail, and if a pokemon attempts to use a contact move, it pays the usual energy cost but the move fails as the vines prevent it from getting close enough to the opponent. Flying and levitating pokemon are vulnerable to all Ground-type moves while they are caught in the vines as though they were affected by Smack Down or Gravity.
The barrier around the platform and the ground near the edge are covered in electrically-charged iron mesh. If a pokemon is hit by an attack with 8 or more BAP*, there is a chance that the attack will knock the pokemon into the mesh. This chance is equal to (move BAP* - target weight class) * 5%. If the pokemon is knocked into the mesh, it is inflicted with 25% paralysis unless it is Ground-type or has the ability Limber. Lightningrod, Motor Drive and Volt Absorb do not provide immunity to this effect.
The ground becomes much more rocky and several huge stalagmites appear on the platform’s surface. These can be used to take cover behind as per the Take Cover command described in the DAT. The stalagmites are treated as having a size class of 6 for this purpose. If a seismic move is used and its BAP* is at least 3 more than the stalagmites’ size class, the stalagmites’ size class is lowered by 1 (to a minimum of 1) and any pokemon taking cover behind stalagmites take damage from a 6 BAP physical Rock-type attack from rank 5 attack.
The ground becomes much harder and very cracked and uneven. The platform vibrates violently, causing intense tremors that throw the pokemon off balance. By default, the pokemon will focus purely on the action they are taking; however, with each action, pokemon may choose to keep balance in addition to whatever they are doing. Keeping balance increases the energy cost of the action by 4, while if a pokemon does not keep balance, there is a 25% chance that the tremors throw it off and its action fails (though the energy cost is still paid). Flying and levitating pokemon are exempt from this. In addition, the move Dig causes 10 damage to the user plus 10 damage for every action they remain underground, and flying and levitating pokemon are not exempt from this.
A lot of fans appear in the barrier and blow strong gusts of wind in random directions. Every time a pokemon tries to act, there is a chance that the winds will blow it about so much that it cannot act. This chance is equal to (9 - weight class) * 5%, or * 10% if the pokemon is flying or levitating. If a pokemon cannot act for this reason, it does not use any energy.
The ground turns into ice, making the arena very slippery. Evading attacks by means of the Dodge command, evasive Agility and evasive Teleport is impossible as pokemon try to maintain their balance on the ice, while contact attacks have their base power reduced by 3 for the same reason. Flying, levitating and Ice-type pokemon as well as those with the ability Suction Cups are exempt from this.
Some white markings are made in the ground to make the arena resemble a stadium of some kind, and a crowd appears around the edge of the arena and starts to call for a real fight. This results in all pokemon being unable to use non-damaging moves and commands as though they had been taunted. Any pokemon that are encored into a non-damaging move are no longer encored.
Toxic sludge geysers appear in the ground and erupt at random. At the end of every action after other end-of-action effects have happened, there is a chance that a pokemon will get badly poisoned by the geysers. This chance is equal to (size class) * 10%. If the pokemon is already badly poisoned, the sludge increases the DPA by 1. If the pokemon already has regular poison, the sludge replaces this with bad poison with an initial DPA of 3. In addition, the water in the water hole turns to acid, so Surf has its base power increased by 2 and corrodes Steel-type targets, while Soak does 10 damage in addition to its normal effect. Dive does 10 damage to the user plus 10 damage for every action they remain underwater and, if they are a Steel-type, it corrodes them.
Moving multi-coloured patterns appear on the barrier and the ground, making all pokemon think they’re tripping. This is reinforced by waves of psychic energy that are generated by the barrier and interfere with the pokemon’s minds. Every time a pokemon tries to act, there is a chance that the psychic energy will prevent it from performing its action. This chance is equal to (10 - special defence rank - special defence boosts) * 5%. Special defence drops count as negative special defence boosts and are added to the chance of failure. If a pokemon cannot act for this reason, it does not use any energy.
The ground is covered in abnormally large plants and flowers that emit a scent that attracts a swarm of bees. Every time a pokemon uses a direct damaging move, there is a 20% chance that it will disturb the bees. If it does, that pokemon takes 10 damage at the end of each action until the end of the round. In addition, the scent is so calming that the ability Anger Point is suppressed, any Taunt and Torment effects are removed and the moves Taunt, Torment, Rage and Rage Powder will fail if they are used (though the energy cost is still paid for each one).
The arena takes on the appearance of a graveyard and frightening ghosts rise up from the graves, terrifying all pokemon. If a pokemon flinches, it must return to its pokeball at the end of the round and be replaced by another pokemon unless switching is not allowed or there are no available replacements. Ghost-type pokemon and pokemon with the ability Steadfast or Scrappy are exempt from this and pokemon with the ability Intimidate must flinch twice before being forced out. In addition, all actions have their energy cost increased by 2 and chilling restores no energy. Only Ghost-type pokemon and pokemon with the ability Scrappy are exempt from this.
The ground changes to bloodstained ash and scorched grass and a glowing crystal appears in the air above the water hole. The crystal gives off an aura that makes all pokemon feel more powerful, causing the base power of all direct damaging moves to be increased by 5 and their energy costs to be reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 1). In addition, if a pokemon uses a move with 14 or more BAP*, that pokemon’s relevant attacking stat is boosted to +6 regardless of whether or not the move hit.
While the texture of the ground remains unchanged, the colour changes to pitch black and shadow duplicates of all pokemon emerge from the water hole. Every time a pokemon uses a direct damaging move, its shadow duplicate does damage to the target(s) of that move immediately after, even if the move failed to damage them. This damage is equal to the BAP* of the move used. If the move has fixed damage instead of BAP, the shadow duplicate's damage is equal to the energy cost of the move instead.
The ground turns into iron with small amounts of rocks and grass being available in large glass containers. The iron arena is so hard that any attempt at digging through it will fail (though the energy cost is still paid). The water hole is removed, meaning all moves that require an external water source will fail, and a cannon takes its place. Pokemon of size class 4 or less can fire themselves out of the cannon for (8 + (weight class / 2)) energy. Firing oneself out of the cannon is a physical typeless attack with a BAP equal to (12 + weight class), 75% accuracy and a charge-up priority of +1 and a hit priority of -1, but multi-hit moves like Fury Swipes do not disrupt it. Only one pokemon may use the cannon at a time, so if a second pokemon tries to get into the cannon, it fails and does not pay the energy cost.

If, when the cauldron erupts, there is a tie for the highest elemental strength, then the arena will transform into this:

Due to the conflicting elemental properties of the brew, the arena tries to transform in two or more very different ways. After some shaking, the arena transforms into an elemental amalgamation, meaning it is part bloodstained ash, part volcanic rock, part giant grass, part ice, part upward-flowing water, part toxic sludge, part dark matter, part electrically-charged iron and part patterned plastic. As if that wasn’t screwed up enough, injury and healing are swapped around, so any time a pokemon would normally take damage, it heals that amount of HP instead. Likewise, whenever a pokemon would normally restore HP, it loses that amount of HP instead.

*here, BAP is used to refer to the base power of the move before all modifiers (including STAB and any arena modifiers) except the following: Technician, multi-target reduction and multi-hit hit roll.

Hey guys, guess what post this is for me?
TWO THOUSAND, BITCHES!!!

So, the question is... what am I going to do to celebrate? Well, like everyone else in ASB, we're going to have a melee! Lets start off with some basic things....
3v3v3v3 melee
2 Day DQ for players, 3 day DQ for ref (aka me)
No sequences, for the benefit of my health

Now, let's see where it will take place...
Wheel! Of! Fandom!
Honestly, its me we're talking about. Did you expect much else?

The arena itself is the standard ASB arena for the first round... and then hell breaks loose. A giant wheel spinner falls down from the sky and begins spinning. The wheel itself is made of 18 sections. 16 of those sections are divided between four separate fandoms, chosen by... the participants of course! When the spinner lands on any one of those 16 sections, the battle will be transported to an arena based off that fandom. For example, the battle could take place on the Death Star if someone picks Star Wars. It could be taking place in Whiterun if someone picks Skyrim. It could be taking place in Castle Town if someone picks Zelda. It could be taking place in Canterlot if someone picks MLP. If you don't get it by now, it means you could go anywhere. The 17th section is the manifestation of all things unholy in my mind... which, if you've ever seen a battle where I make the rules... those are about a quarter of the insanity you will face. The 18th section is the normal ASB arena, with no trickery.

Now, here's how it will work:
All four people will name a fandom. You don't actually have to be part of that fandom, I really don't care. Just don't make it incredibly obscure (meaning: if I can't get enough info on it to make an arena through a simple Google search, don't use it). Keep in mind that I will be the one that makes the arena. And now, what the people will decide (pretty much the same as other melees):
1st person: type of Pokemon (LC, strongmon FE, etc.)
2nd person: item rules
3rd person: # of subs
4th person: # of abilities

Also, keep in mind that every arena will have a very flavorful, yet very severe, punishment for going over DQ, which you probably don't want to see. I can go grimdark with anything. Trust me.

So, who's up for this shit?!

EDIT:
Just to make it clear, you name your fandom in your post to accept this match, just to avoid possible duplicate fandoms.

Sorry Zipo, but I want in this!!!!
@WW
FE: Weak-medium strength

Edit: WW, make the fandom Now? or as we PM your mons?

Edit2: Ok, here is my Fandom: The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)