Research Week #6 - Rapidash, Articuno, Kecleon, and Stunfisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've had success with a similar Rapidash to erisia (the rest of my team didn't gel well with it though). Here's the set:

Rapidash (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 180 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Megahorn

Enough Speed to outspeed +spe base 100s (though I mean I can't do anything to Charizard, I should switch to Double Edge), a life orb number for HP with some bulk, and the rest in Atk. It works pretty well, though I 100% wish it got U-turn because that would allow me to take a fire attack and keep up momentum, instead of having to switch out when something comes in to wall it.

I've also seen a lot of Stunfisk but they never seem to do anything? Maybe it's because I have Golem, Sawsbuck, and Ludicolo, all of which outspeed and can hit it super effectively.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So after trying out Kecleon as well, I have to say I don't really like it. I used it as a specially defensive Trick Room user with Stealth Rocks and a Choice Bander so far.

The Trick Room set had the problem of not being able to do much after Trick Room; sure, it could wall some special threats such as Rotom-C and set up Trick Room on them, and its speed was perfect for Trick Room, but it's kind of low HP stat let me down a lot. Color Change also was a pain in the rear sometimes (notable examples being Cryogonal with HP Rock as well as a Camerupt that nearly swept my whole team).

The Choice Band set was okay with Double-Edge doing a number to a lot of stuff, Low Kick and Aqua Tail breaking Probopass' and Golem's Sturdy respectively, and Shadow Sneak picking off slightly weakened Haunter and Jynx. But it really didn't have the raw power of stuff like CB Emboar, the speed of CB Tauros or the ability to hit ghost types with your STAB moves of CB Kangaskhan which made it pretty underwhelming for me.

So since Kecleon hasn't worked so well I have switched over to Articuno now who is pretty amazing actually, even allowing me to break 1300 points with ease:

I'll report once I played some more.

EDIT: So I have been using Rapidash and Articuno on one team for a while now and I broke 1350 with them. Now let's see if I can break 1400.

I'm not gonna get into the contest, but I would like to say how surprised I am with Rapidash. It's in a great speed tier and does a positively brutal amount of damage even to some Pokemon that resist its moves. So far I've only used this set:

Rapidash (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Low Kick
- Megahorn

I've managed to partner this guy up with Sawsbuck (something I heard Molk was also considering) to pretty decent results. For example, any fire attack directed at Sawsboss just gets absorbed by Rapidash, who proceeds to rofl-stomp whatever is in with Flare Blitz, which hits surprisingly hard.

My only problem with the flaming pony is that it dies REALLY fast with this set. Flare Blitz recoil is harsh, especially with LO behind it. She'll last 4 turns if I'm lucky. However, during the few turns she's out, she's getting tons of damage in. In almost every match I've played so far, Dash manages at least a kill and a half before getting put down. I don't think I've used Wild Charge a single time since I started battling, so I might switch it to Morning Sun soon. In my opinion, the best Pokemon out of all the ones we're researching.

Also, I was surprised at how bulky Articuno actually is; it can viably Toxic stall almost anything if it uses SubRoost. If I see more of it I might start carrying a Cinccino just for a quick way to kill it. My team definitely wasn't prepared for the one I lost to.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After playing just over 100 games with Keclon I can conclude that it is...average. It definitely has its moments, but equally it has times when all it does it set up Stealth Rock then become dead weight. I can't help but get the feeling that Miltank would do the exact same thing (set up SR, paralysis support, instant recovery), with an ability that is more consistent and the ability to run Heal Bell.

I tested some of the other options Kecleon gets such as Magic Coat, Low Kick and Shadow Sneak, and they all saw very marginal usability. Stealth Rock and Recover were mainstays of the set, but the last two slots varied between Low Kick, Shadow Sneak, Aqua Tail, Frustration, Magic Coat, Thunder Wave. I could never really settle on anything that worked, and Kecleon never seemed to be right.

Overall it definitely has some things going for it, like the ability to take on certain choiced attackers and be pretty reliable against Gorebyss, but it was really lacking in other areas. There are just too many other Normal types who outclass Kecleon to consider using it unless you have an incredible need to beat Scarf Charizard outside of Sun. Even then I would prefer Miltank/Lickilicky.

I'm going to give Rapidash a go now, hopefully that goes better.

Weighing in with my experiences here...

Stunfisk @Leftovers
Static|Careful
252HP|188SpD|8Atk
-Curse
-Pain Split
-Earthquake
-Bounce

So this set was about as good as it looks, which is to say, awful. Like others have already said, Stunfisk suffers from Wall Syndrome where it has excellent bulk and can tank hits all day long but does absolutely nothing else. I tried Curse since it's the only decent boosting move Stunfisk has access to. It was easy enough to get a few in but even at +2/3 Stunfisk isn't causing much damage. I went with Bounce since Spark was incompatible with its other moves and Bounce gets good coverage with EQ. Also, Stunfisk's physical movepool sucks.

I also tried the standard defensive RestTalk set and found it much better. It can handle STAB SE hits from decent special attackers like Tangela and Vileplume with ease but it still doesn't. Do. Anything.

Another viable set I could see working would be specially defensive with Scald, similar to WOW Missy.

I had much better success with Articuno...

Articuno @Leftovers
Pressure|Calm
248HP|252Def|8SpD
-Substitute
-Roost
-Toxic
-Sky Drop

I mentioned to someone that Articuno has all the tools needed to be one of the greatest SubRoosters/ Toxic stallers, and I stand by it. Sky Drop is a rare move and works perfectly with Toxic, racking up damage and granting Articuno a turn of Leftovers recovery all while the opponent can do nothing. Despite it's glaring weakness to SR, I never really found it to hinder Articuno at all. For some reason during testing Toxic seemed to miss like all the damn time, which definitely made the set seem slightly less effective, but that is really just down to bad luck on my part.

We also found a glitch with Sky Drop where it only caused damage if the opponent picked an attacking move on the second turn. So I guess I should report that?

As good as this set was, It would definitely benefit from perma-hail, since racking up Toxic damage+hail damage+Sky Drop stalling= ragequit. But still, try it.

Also just to add, Pressure really helps alleviate that bad Rock weakness has since Stone Edge has only 4PP when used against Articuno. I would also change the EV's to give some in Atk since base 85, while good, isn't enough to cause a lot of damage, and 'cuno would really like just an extra bit of damage to go along with the toxic stalling.

Yeah, I've been pretty underwhelmed by Kecleon too. It has some cool options, but I would never use any of its sets (that I've tested so far) on a serious team unless I really needed everything that it could offer. I haven't lost all hope for it yet however, a SubPunch set and a Life Orb 3 attacks + Recover set could be pretty useful.

I used Specsfisk for a while and while it did usually kill one Pokemon per match, it didn't do that much. It rarely got more than 1 kill and had trouble against defensive teams. Also, part of the reason that it usually got 1 kill per match was because I tended to switch in Stunfisk more than I should. RestTalk Stunfisk seems more promising, but personally I hate RestTalk.

I've had more success with the other two, Articuno and Rapidash.

SubRoost Articuno can break down teams pretty easily! It's pretty impressive. I have never thought of using Sky Drop on it, though, which is a pretty interesting idea, elchupo! I usually use Ice Beam on it, but Sky Drop has a ton of potential as well. I have to try that out sometime.

Substitute / Roost / Ice Beam / Sky Drop Articuno with Toxic Spikes support may be effective. You don't have to spread Toxic to everything and you also have both Ice Beam and Sky Drop. However, there are a load of other problems as well. 1.) You have to set up Toxic Spikes first. 2.) You have to get rid of all the Poison-types. 3.) You can't poison Flying-types or Pokemon with the Levitate ability such as Cryogonal. (I mean, you can take care of Flying-types with Ice Beam, but you can't beat Pokemon like Cryogonal with Articuno.)

Rapidash is the most versatile out of the two "better" Pokemon. There are a lot of great sets. My personal favorite is tennisace's, but there was also one that I created that was pretty great as well! It's actually pretty similar to tennis', but it trades some of the Speed and HP to Attack which, at the end, makes its EV spread 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd and I use Leftovers with it. It's pretty nice and I like that I don't practically kill myself every time I use Flare Blitz. Not outspeeding Pokemon such as Raichu and Charizard can be annoying at times, but you can't have everything. (For the record, it outspeeds base 95's.)

Anyways, keep it up guys! I want to see some people make it to gold! Also I'll update the OP later. 9.9

edit: oh boring cbb got to gold already

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
Warning: Long post coming up.

So yeah, like nearly everyone else I found Rapidash and Articuno more effective than the other two. In fact, they're so good they got me to 1406 while only losing like 2 battles along the way!

As for Articuno, I wasn't really sure what to expect from it at the start, but it turned out to be amazing. At first I used the typical Toxistall Articuno like everyone else, but that just turned my team into Stall which had 2 problems, me sucking at stall and Charizard running right through it. I kept thinking about what else I could do with Articuno; its amazing stat spread for a NU pokemon was simply too good to pass up.

Then I saw Articuno's decent base 95 Special Attack as well as its acceptable base 85 speed and thought:"Why not go offensive?", which basically led me to the Articuno set I used to break 1400 with:

Articuno @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Air Cutter
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn

Yes, that's right, Choice Specs on a Pokemon with a four times weakness to Stealth Rock. Of course, that set has a few issues, but I found Articuno to be amazing at keeping up the momentum and eliminating dangerous threats such as Absol (only taking around half from a Life Orb boosted Sucker Punch), Tangela and Ludicolo/Seismitoad in rain, both which failed to OHKO it with rain boosted Hydro Pumps in rain and both of which are nearly OHKO'd by the appropriate attack. All in all I found Articuno to be a tremendous offensive presence, and it can really do a number to a lot of teams with the right support. The stalling set, on the other hand, was kind of underwhelming; might just have been me though.

Rapidash was also amazing, and I used it on the same team as Articuno without even aiming for it; it just had everything I needed in one Pokemon. Base 105 Speed with a strong, STAB'd Flare Blitz and good coverage moves is really good in NU. I personally just used the CB Rapidash set Raseri posted on page 1, and it has been really amazing in breaking down walls or revenge killing dangerous sweepers such as LO Haunter, Jynx and even weakened Absol/rain sweepers.

The weakness to Stealth Rock was a slight turn off, but I made sure to minimize the time SR is on the field. Flash Fire, on the other hand, was a godsend against stuff like Charizard or Magmortar trying to spread their extremely powerful fire moves all over my team, though. Like Articuno, Rapidash can be extremely useful with the right support, which mainly consists of keeping Stealth Rocks off the field. Even with Stealth Rocks up its still a monster, though.

Now for the team. I understand that it might not suit everyones playstyle, but it's exactly the way I play: Reckless offense which heavily relies on prediction. The main goal is trying to keep Stealth Rocks off the field for as long as possible without the use of moves such as Rapid Spin or Taunt, which would just slow the team down, but through the use of a thing which people seem to have forgotten: Offensive pressure. I constructed the team in such a way that I could guarantee every single Stealth Rock user, with the exception of Sashed ones as well as specially defensive Regirock and some Miltank, not being able to set it up turn 1. From that point onwards, I can apply offensive pressure to my opponent, making them unable to set up Stealth Rocks for the whole game or at least until it does not matter anymore. Rapidash, and especially Articuno, did a lot to help with that. With general facts out of the way, this is the team I am talking about:

Rampardos (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Cinccino (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

Eelektross (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

Rotom-S @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Rapidash (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Low Kick
- Quick Attack

Articuno @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Air Cutter
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn

As you can see, this team has an immense weakness to Stealth Rock. The first thing to do when seeing the opponents team is to figure out their Stealth Rock user and lead with the appropriate Pokemon. Rampardos OHKO's both max HP Golem and every Probopass with its extremely strong Choice Banded Mold Breaker Superpower. Kecleon also loses to the aforementioned Rampardos (watch out for Focus Sash Kecleon!) while Torterra gets forced out by Articuno.

The only problems are Regirock, Miltank and Focus Sash users. Miltank with speed investment always outspeeds Rampardos and can set up Stealth Rock, while 0 speed Miltank speed ties with it (and max/max Miltank survives the Superpower every time anyway). Luckily, I saw surprisingly few Miltank while laddering, and the one or two I saw weren't setting up Stealth Rock any time soon. Regirock can also be a problem; Physically defensive versions get one shotted by Eelektross' Grass Knot but Specially defensive versions always survive. Focus Sash users can only be beaten by Cinccino with a lot of hits (+some crits probably), but most of them can't be identified until it's too late.

Depending on whether SR is up or not this team either has to be played very carefully or can be played very recklessly. Volt Switch and U-turn should be the most used moves though, so you don't give anything free setup, ever, since that can quickly prove disastrous. This is especially important if their Stealth Rock user is still alive since you want to eliminate that as soon as possible, to give yourself more room for errors. I found that the combination of Articunos impressive bulk (considering that it has pretty much no defensive investment) as well as Rapidash to break open stuff such as Eelektross was the most important aspect of this team; the other Pokemon simply took backseat roles (Rotom-S checking threats such as Sawk as well as Samurott and Gorebyss, Cinccino destroying Ninjask if it tries to sub, any form of Charizard if it comes in safely as well as Jynx behind Substitute, Eeelektross to break open stuff like Flareon (with SR up), as well as killing some weather sweepers in a pinch). The centerpiece of almost all the strategies are Rapidash and Articuno though, since they are both fast and hit very hard.

I noticed this team to have 3 main weaknesses:

a) Stealth Rocks: As much as I tried to solve the problem, it just won't happen unless I add a spinner or something which slows the whole team down and ruins the point, so yeah.

b) Weather: Timid Ludicolo in the rain, Seismitoad in the rain, as well Sawsbuck and Victreebel in the sun all have to be played around smartly if you want to stand a chance. Never give them the chance to set up anything unless you want to get wrecked hard (or unless the respective weather is about to run out so you can revenge kill them)

c) A well played Absol can shut this team down pretty well. Most try to Sucker Punch Rapidash though, and will thus die to Life Orb recoil after only hitting two Pokemon (Quick Attack does around 40%), while Leftovers versions can't OHKO Articuno with a +2 Sucker Punch. If the Life Orb version outpredicts me, though, I am in huge trouble.

Anyway, this Research week was pretty fun for me, Rapidash and especially Articuno being positive surprises while Kecleon and Stunfisk were kinda mediocre and disappointing for me, respectively.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rampardos (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
I haven't faced your Articuno or Rapidash, but I can verify that Rampardos is an extremely underrated Pokemon in this metagame filled with Golem, being one of the few threats that can shut it down completely. Just like Marowak, it has a lot of anti-metagame potential. :)

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rapidash is awesome. After some more testing I broke 1300 with Rapidash. The CB set hits like an absolute truck, 2HKOing stuff like Charizard outside of Sun without a Flash Fire boost. Wild Charge can hit stuff like Wartortle, while Low Kick can be used for Golem/Regirock, 2HKOing them both. Quick Attack can really come in handy as well, especially against weakened rain teams. The set has so much utility, being so fast and having that Fire immunity, it creates an excellent pivot if you feel like double switching, or you can just smash anything not named Flareon with Flare Blitz.

Because of its excellent Speed it often cleans up late game, and I've been using CB Braviary (another incredible mon) to lure and weaken Rock types so that Rapidash can sweep later. The two make a great pair, 2HKOing the entire tier if you can predict correctly. Definitely more effective than Kecleon.

I will post a more in depth analysis if I can be bothered to get any higher, but for now here is the screenshot:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
I haven't faced your Articuno or Rapidash, but I can verify that Rampardos is an extremely underrated Pokemon in this metagame filled with Golem, being one of the few threats that can shut it down completely. Just like Marowak, it has a lot of anti-metagame potential. :)
Yeah, Rampardos is really underrated. I have faced Probopass/Gigalith/Golem leads in like 90% of the battles today so I should probably use that again :/.

On a different note, a person I gave my team to has been doing quite well with it on ladder! Guess Rapidash and Articuno are just that good.

I've peaked at 1273 with my current Rapidash set and could very probably crack 1300 but I don't really see the point since the research week is more than likely winding down.

Rapidash @Flame Plate
Naive (+Spe/-SpD)
4Atk|252SpA|252Spe

-Overheat
-Flare Blitz
-HP Grass
-Wild Bolt

I've seen people investing in HP on some previous Rapidash sets and I suppose that's fine but it seems like a somewhat pointless endeavour to me. Rapidash is frail and SR weak, and between LO and choice-boosted recoil it will be dying quickly.

The point of this set is to abuse the boost Flash Fire provides to ALL its STAB moves, as well as providing a way to muscle past some of it's biggest counters, namely Quagsire, Golem and Regirock, by going mixed. The first two are hit 4XSE by HP Grass while Regirock is hit on its much lower SpD.
Since HP Grass has a very specific use, Rapidash is free to spam Overheat as soon as it's in, provided you don't expect a switch to the aforementioned counters. I chose Flame Plate in order to reduce the recoil while still providing a boost to its main STAB's. You could go for Expert Belt but fire doesn't hit too much SE in NU and you'd essentially be neutering its STAB.

I've caught alot of things off guard with a combination of Overheat+Flare Blitz including bulky mons such as Tangela and Misdreavus. Granted you only have Wild Bolt to deal damage to other fire types but one of the most common, Charizard, is thankfully weak to electric. Probably my favourite set I've tested so far.

So far everyone who made it to the Hall Of Fame made it with either Rapidash or Articuno. I'd like to see someone try to make it to at least bronze with either Kecleon or Stunfisk.

Also, I finally updated the thread.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Alt: Sag my Pants
Using Resttalk Maggyo, SubToxicStall articuno and CB Rapidash
gonna make an offensive team and try to prevent rocks instead of using a spinner, because I just dislike most spinner

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I slapped together a Trick Room team that includes Kecleon, I'll give it a run and see how well it does. The set I use is:

Kecleon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Color Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Frustration
- Aqua Tail

Alt: qazwsx

Edit: Kecleon has been a reliable Trick Room supporter, but is rather useless after it gets Trick Room up. It has no way of getting another teammate in safely and can do little damage by itself. Additionally, the concept of Trick Room itself is lackluster in NU. Although there are powerful sweepers such as Exeggutor, Marowak, and Zweilous, they are easily stopped, or in Zweilous' case, unreliable. Rather than being slower than walls under Trick Room, these Pokemon can opt to spend some speed EVs outspeeding walls all the time. I also found it hard to maintain momentum because I had to set up Trick Room every few turns. If I didn't have Trick Room up, powerful attackers such as Cinccino and Magmortar could run over the team with relative ease. I'm sure a more skilled player could reach high levels of success with a Trick Room team in NU, but after some testing I realized Trick Room is not for me (sorry for talking so much about Trick Room when I'm supposed to be talking about Kecleon lol).

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I slapped together a Trick Room team that includes Kecleon, I'll give it a run and see how well it does. The set I use is:

Kecleon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Color Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Frustration
- Aqua Tail

Alt: qazwsx
Pretty much my plans exactly, although I'm not sure how much time I'll have.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
I used Kecleon at the start of research week on a Trick Room team (basically it's only major advantage over other normal types). The team peaked at 1201, it was decent but I found Trick Room to be quite hard to use especially with Absols everywhere. Its Sucker Punch also hits the many Psychics found on Trick Room teams. Even with Trick Room, I still found Kecleon to be the worst Pokemon on my team, it has no resistances and is setup bait. Normally I would have replaced him with a better Trick Room setter but he was the research Mon so I couldn't. He hasn't been impressive at all so far.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
going to call bullshit on this, saw him laddering with a team without any of the research week pokemon pokemon and in addition
(17:21:08) *** el salvador's rank in Standard NU is 28/6120 [1249 points / 71 battles]!
I don't believe this is a new alt for one second
I'm an idiot
anyway,
Pokemon: stunfisk
alt: shnen rw
ranking: 1383!!!!!
(didn't get screenshot of any higher but I did get 1383!)
(16:55:46) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 7/6204 [1383 points / 72 battles]!

first hofer with stunfisk ^_^
will write post+ add pastebin (don't wanna give away team) about my experiences with stunfisk once I get as high as I can on ladder/can be bothered
edit: given up after being haxed all the way down to 1298, post on the way

erisia

Innovative new design!
Well I tried using Kecleon as my backup Trick Room setter, and it wasn't really making the most of its position. I then tried using it as a SubPuncher, and while it was very effective and was usually very helpful in most matches, I soon realised that Kangaskhan usually did a better job thanks to Scrappy and better overall stats. Whatever I tried, I couldn't seem to use it in a way that wasn't outclassed. :/

going to call bullshit on this, saw him laddering with a team without any of the research week pokemon pokemon and in addition
(17:21:08) *** el salvador's rank in Standard NU is 28/6120 [1249 points / 71 battles]!
I don't believe this is a new alt for one second
anyway,
Pokemon: stunfisk
alt: shnen rw
ranking: 1357!!!!!
(15:50:37) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 8/6138 [1357 points / 67 battles]! Yes, I played 67 battles in two days

first hofer with stunfisk ^_^
will write post+ add pastebin (don't wanna give away team) about my experiences with stunfisk once I get as high as I can on ladder/can be bothered

No. Just no. I've faced you multiple times with my other alt, Nicaragua, which uses the exact same team (or did) as my research team except that Jynx is in place of Rapidash. As for the alt, it was created specifically for the purpose of testing. I'm sure the mods of the server would be able to see when it was created?

Actually finding it quite ridiculous that you would level this charge at me. I could understand if I had claimed to get to the top of the ladder but since I didn't even make it to Bronze in the hall of fame I'm wondering why you feel the need.

Must say I'm intrigued by elchupo's use of Flame Plate Rapidash. I think you could possibly drop the EVs to 216 in order to outspeed base 100s (although it might be nice to tie with offensive Cryogonal). Have you tried running max Attack instead of SpA? Seems you'd get more use out of it, seeing as even with 252 SpA it doesn't OHKO Quagsire or Golem. 40 SpA gets the 2HKO just like with max SpA, but your Flare Blitz and Wild Charge are now considerably stronger. I'll test max SpA though too and get back on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)