The Portal To Success (Peaked 1 PBC, 9 Beta)

How is the team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
THE PORTAL TO SUCCESS

||
||
||
||
||

Well, here it is! The team that I got my name from, Conduit meaning portal, and the team that brought me my best peaks in DW and 5th Gen OU! (Peaking One on PBC with 1627, 9 on PO with 1630. Also, note that at PBC, we had the 5th Gen OU as the main tier) Before I retired my team, along with myself, I used it every DW and PBC battle for about three months, so there are some that may be familiar with it and may even know it inside out. Now that I don’t play competitively anymore, I feel it’s time to let others see what I used and maybe even use it to their success. I would still love to hear all comments and criticisms to the team! I have added a poll just for that, and if you feel it is bad or needs improvement, please post and explain why you feel so. If you just want to tarnish the team by saying it's terrible for no reason because you think it is funny, please don't bother, unless you can help me improve it. (Note: This is my first Smogon post, so if I forgot one of the rules, I sincerely apologize.)
Here is proof of me peaking one on PBC, I didn’t care so much about the beta peak so I don’t have a screenie of it ^^’.

(This was a screenie two weeks before I reached 1627)

Now onto the team!

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Why?
Genesect is a staple to this team, serving as a very reliable lead. With its wider arsenal of moves and its wonderful stats, Genesect can pull many other roles as well, such as helping the team against its Dark and Bug weakness. It’s probably one of the more over-powered Pokémon this generation, but I’m not complaining at all if I’m going to have this guy who can OHKO just about everything with the Download ability. MVP!

Moves:
Alright, this is the standard LeadSect set. U-turn not only provides STAB coverage, but it serves as a way to scout other switch-ins. With the inclusion of Choice Scarf I can hit Pokémon and get out against Pokémon that would normally wall Genesect, like Heatran. Furthermore, the last three moves only serve as a reliable way to get rid of quick and dangerous sweepers, or just quickly decimate a weakened team, mainly due to the fact that +1 Satk Genesect is just broken. So Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt all take care of respective types, most notably Dragonite, Scizor, Gyarados, etc.

Evs and Item
Okay, so I use U-Turn almost every time Genesect is out early/mid game, and I hated the fact that it barely did anything without an attack boost, so I threw some Attack effort values and BAAAAM, I got one Wrecking machine. I max out speed here since Genesect is a lead and it outspeeds most of the Metagame. The rest goes to Satk. Finally, the item is obvious and it seems redundant to talk about it ;).

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Why?
Why not? Although I hated weather before, I do no use Tyranitar just to have wars of weather, but I use him because he is such a BA. I mean it’s a pseudo-legend after all. It has some good stats, yet it has some of the worst typing I have yet to see. 5+ weaknesses never made me too keen on Tyranitar until the day I realized that Sandstream raises its Special defense. I haven’t stopped using him since. This allows for a bulky lizard that can also provide support and hit like a truck if need be. (Plus he looks boss ^^)

Moves:
This is my self-concocted set, though I have no patents on it yet :/. It might take a bit of time to get used to if you are new to using Tyranitar. First and foremost, Tyranitar offers me the only hazards my team can muster and that is Stealth rocks. This provides me an easy path to finish of weakned Pokémon and anything weak to the Rock type. Now, the obvious Crunch is there for the plethora of Psychic and Ghost Pokémon running amuck in the Dw tier. Also, Crunch is the best move Tyranitar has in this set and does a reasonable amount to most anything. Now, here comes a Special attack, which was virtually non-existent on this guy until this gen. The only reason I use it is because I can predict. I’m not kidding, I’ve net more Scizor and Genesect surprise kills than my little cousin can count, which is about 150 lol. Alright, this was actually put in to incinerate Ferrothorn who is a total arse. Finally, SUPAPOWA! Boy, this is a great move that Tyranitar was blessed with. Honestly, it helps so much and this way it is really hard to perfect wall Tyranitar, dealing with the likes of Heatran and opposing Tyranitars.

Evs and Item
This is where using him is tricky if you don’t know how to play this team inside out. Chople berry is there so that TTar can take that 4x weakness, of fighting, like a Machamp. The only problem is being able to recognize what Tyranitar can take and what he cannot. My rule of thumb is, stay in on any Special Fighting move, because it won’t leave much of a dent at all. Be wary of any and all fighting moves, even from Basculin… but seriously, don’t stay in on Choice Band Terrakion, it’s just not a good idea. Finally, the effort values allow for a bulky Tyranitar that can tank many special attacks and hit back with decent coverage and attack stats.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 152 HP / 48 Def / 248 SDef / 60 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar

Why?
To be honest, Heatran was just one of the Pokémon that you just throw into the team builder and see if it works, and it was a blessing in disguise! I thought, what a better way than to troll every other fire Pokémon and sun team in general. Genesect is a great team mate to Heatran because it allows to secretly get Fire boosts due to Flash Fire. Hitting with its already phenomenal Special attack stat, a Stab fire move will be feared by many. He offers good coverage that the team cannot and the much needed bulk. Sorry, that is all I can say without going in depth about the moves.

Moves:
This is where things get real fun! I’ll start off with Lava Plume first; this is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful move that not only gives STAB to Heatran, but that thirty percent chance of burning an opposing mon, is just too good to pass up. Now, Earth Power is a move that Heatran really needs otherwise opposing fire and rock types will just relish the heat. I mean surprising the opponent who gets careless is really easy to do , and this also allows Heatran to not get walled like a mofo. Continually, Toxic, oh it’s saved my arse so many times. Predicting the switch for Toxic is key to get on Water switch-in ideally. Of course it can be vital on others as well, but I suggest that if you do not get the opportunity otherwise, to do it on a switch-in just to be on the safe side. This allows further status ailments on the team to gradually wear down leftovers in the Sand. Finally, I finish off with Roar. I’ll tell the truth when I say I lose battles because I forget I have Roar on Heatran. It’s just way too random. If there is a Baton Pass team, don’t worry, they won’t usually expect Heatran with Roar and will lose their chains. Furthermore, dangerous Pokémon that set-up waste 3 turns and get cocky only to realize I did my job while they are left in the dust, excuse the pun.

Evs and Item
Alright, I know Air Balloon is a hit or miss item, that normally may not last more than a few turns, but those few turns are key, emphasis on key. If you happen to use this team, and change it, don’t ever think of adding Leftovers for Heatran. Ground moves are just an Achilles heel to Heatran, so Air Balloon can allow you to safely switch in on; for example Mamoswine using Earthquake, Roar Dnite with EQ, take a quick nab at Gliscor or Landorus, Hp Ground Genesect, or any random Eqs. You’ll never lose a Earth Power war against opposing Heatran that use Lefties either. Now, the effort values are something to be desired for. I played around with them a lot until I could find something that moderately helped against Physical dragons. Now, the Hp and SDef are something I won’t discuss. The speed is to outmaneuver most of the CB Scizor, that pose a huge threat to the rest of the team. Mainly I can do so by out speeding them just about every time, with a few exceptions. The defense is not too significant, but it allows Heatran to survive 2-4 Outrages from +1 Dnite, and that is a benefit of its own.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Why?
This is “official” Rain counter. Celebi has been underlooked in the DW tier mainly because of all the Genesect running around, but with a bit of prediction and awe striking stats, I don’t see why this can’t be the next Jirachi. Though I may run an offensive Celebi, it can take so many hits, and just recover it back up! Not only this, but it is my status slave because Natural Cure allows it to remain healthy throughout the match and Celebi is usually the one that goes down last due to it’s all around capability and sheer pro longed style. Now, the best part is that with the set that I use it can take even the most defensive Politoed out in a few moves. It may be hard to play with at first, but trust me it is so worth it.

Moves:
This Celebi set is rather straight forward and it accomplishes everything that I need it to do. Psychic and Leafstorm interchangeably take care of most of the problems that the team faces, namely Water pokemon and Rotom-W, the bane to the team. One Leaf Storm is just pure annihilation, the Satk drop doesn’t even matter because not many Pokémon that have at least a 2x weakness can leave unscathed. Psychic is just there to help fend off against fighting Pokemon and annoying poison Pokémon like Amoonguss. Finally, Hidden Power [Fire] the move that, with prediction, allows quick and effortless KO’s of just about every steel type that you can think of, so that is why Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Scizor are nothing to me when I use this team, and those are predominantly of the top ten used, more or less. Recover to recover, I’m getting lazy.

Evs and Item
This is just my offensive special core, so it makes sense to max out Spd and Satk so that Celebi has potential to outrun most Pokémon that are not Scarfed and hit like a truck. Leftovers… whatever.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Why?
Slowbro has become one of my favorite Pokémon in this generation, not just because of Regenerator, but because of how useful it is as a Physical wall. It has such great typing to stop some of the common Overused threats and I doubt this team would have progressed as much as it had without him. Just about every physical attack, even super effective ones, just bounces off its large belly and then it can proceed to cripple and wear down opponents. Like I said before, Slowbro has Regenerator, so whenever I’m in a difficult situation, I can switch out without having the need to recover because Bro regain 1/3 of the hit points anyway! Is there nothing this guy can do, well besides tank a Thunder, lol.

Moves:
Okay, I’m getting to the point where I really don’t want to type anything and just post, but I’ll persevere. Scald and Thunder Wave, work wonders together because they offer two different routes to induce and cripple an opposing team. For example, let’s take Gyardos who is a total d to the team. It starts to set up with Dragon Dance, let’s say it’s +1 after my switch to Slowbro. Okay, no problem because Slowbro can tank a lot of hits, now we can either Burn Gyarados to make its moves do nothing, or we can Paralyze it so that Genesect or Landorus can finish it off. This is the same for just about every Physical sweeper. This is why Slowbro fits in so nicely, it paves the way for three offensive Pokemon to come in and KO anything that stands in your way. Continually, I have Psychic over Fire Blast or Ice beam, because Celebi cannot take that many Physical moves without sustaining substantial damage, so Slowbro can come in and finish the job for her. Pokemon like Payback Conkeldurr is the perfect example of this. Finally, we have Slack off to recover, so that you do not have to depend on Regenerator so much.

Evs and Item
Well, I guess the Ev’s and item is technically self-explanatory. We have 216 Hp ev’s to raise Hp, 252 Def ev’s to raise defense, and 40 Satk Evs mainly because I like to 2hko frail sweepers. Not so complicated huh?

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Smack Down
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
Why?
I wanted to use a Sand abuser over Gliscor, so that I could have some more Physical attacking sustenance, and Sand Veil Gliscor wouldn’t be a bad idea, but it just did not have the coverage that I needed for the team. This is why Landorus fills up the final slot to the team, as the “official” ruler of the sand. He has a wide range of moves in his arsenal and the stats to rile any team up.

Moves:
This was a newer set in my time with this team, but I don’t know much of the current Metagame so I can’t be sure if it is still a surprise. Basically, the way this works is to try and set up Substitute, because once you do you can quickly decimate anything in your path, especially because Earthquake + Stab + Sand Force = Ownage. Plus it isn’t too hard to set up, try to get Landorus on something like Heatran or Gliscor and you’re good to go. Now, Smack Down is a novelty move, but it works much better than Stone Edge. If an opposing Flying/Levitating Pokemon switches in, then use Smack Down so that you can easily take it down with EQ, which is the whole point of said move. This allows and helps to take out the faces of stall teams, like Skarmory. Rotom-W, will more than likely miss when Landorus is under Substitute so you can get the Smack Down and then proceed for the kill. Finally, Hidden Power ice is really just for Gliscor, but it helps against Dragons and frail Ground types at most.

Evs and Item
Now, the only definitive factor of the effort values is the fact that I use 88 Satk evs. This is really so that Landorus has enough Satk to actually do significant damage with Hidden Power Ice. Leftover is much better than any other item you can use mainly because, it allows the set up of more Subs.

Conclusion:
Well, there you have it! I leave this team in the hands of all of you to use, rate, comment, test, make better, or whatever. I have now retired it, so that you may all be able to see the success of my beloved portal, and who knows you can go through dimensions and experience it yourself. It may be tough to play with, but it’s worth it in the end. If you want any help with the team, be sure to Pm me and I’ll try to help. I hate to say goodbye to this team, but I believe everything should have a happy ending and this team has received just that. Thanks for your time, and maybe even your support. “I hate to see you go baby, but I guess it wasn’t meant to last…”
-Rahi

Coming Soon:
Threatlist, Team Building Process

For the stealers ;):

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SAtk / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 152 HP / 48 Def / 248 SDef / 60 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Smack Down
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

This is a really good team! Although, I think that Chandelure poses a huge threat to the team! It seems that without Genesect or Celebi this team quickly falls to a Rain team or other Offensive threats such as a "Quicker" Scizor and Rotom in which you talked earlier about.

I know you recognize it, but those Heatran Ev's are really out of place...
I suggest 252 Hp / 196 Sdef / 60 Speed... It seems to fit nicer. Plus I doubt those Defensive Ev's help you outlive more than a couple Outrage from Dnite...

Anyway, I think I will be using this team for a while, if you don't mind of course!

This is a really good team! Although, I think that Chandelure poses a huge threat to the team! It seems that without Genesect or Celebi this team quickly falls to a Rain team or other Offensive threats such as a "Quicker" Scizor and Rotom in which you talked earlier about.

I know you recognize it, but those Heatran Ev's are really out of place...
I suggest 252 Hp / 196 Sdef / 60 Speed... It seems to fit nicer. Plus I doubt those Defensive Ev's help you outlive more than a couple Outrage from Dnite...

Anyway, I think I will be using this team for a while, if you don't mind of course!
You know, I don't face much Chandelure, so I never really thought of it too much. What I normally did was, to not let Genesect or Celebi get trapped nonsensically, I guess. Although I have counters to it: Landorus, Tyranitar, Heatran... and Sometimes Slowbro when I predict the switch to cripple it and or use Scald.
Trust me, Celebi lasts a long time if used right. Plus I have enough ways to counter a Scizor with a higher speed than Heatran, my main is Predicting and then nailing it with Fire Blast from TTAR. Landorus helps as well. I'll take those Ev's on Heatran into consideration.

Finally, YES, please do use my team. It's a compliment :)

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Screenshot was taken before I was good ;_; not in it! dafkdjsalfjbg

To all the people who say "lol chandelure gives u problems", let me remind you that this team was only used for PBC and Beta DW tier, not Smogon, so it's not prepared to handle broken shit like Chandelure that runs around in the DW tier here.

If I were to be entirely honest, I would say that this team checks almost every single threat in the DW tier save that of Dugtrio + Sun, which can be predicted around anyways, I guess. I'd love to tell you to run Shed Shell over Chople Berry to troll some Duggies, but you kind of need that fighting cut on Ttar. I guess all I can really say is that if Slowbro is down for some random-ass reason, DD Mence will beat you...yeah, this is a really bad rate, oh well.

Great team, I know you're physically incapable of beating me but that's okay, I love you anyways.

Btw, who is that hottie in your profile picture? That's not YOU, is it? ;D

luv u bby <3

Screenshot was taken before I was good ;_; not in it! dafkdjsalfjbg

To all the people who say "lol chandelure gives u problems", let me remind you that this team was only used for PBC and Beta DW tier, not Smogon, so it's not prepared to handle broken shit like Chandelure that runs around in the DW tier here.

If I were to be entirely honest, I would say that this team checks almost every single threat in the DW tier save that of Dugtrio + Sun, which can be predicted around anyways, I guess. I'd love to tell you to run Shed Shell over Chople Berry to troll some Duggies, but you kind of need that fighting cut on Ttar. I guess all I can really say is that if Slowbro is down for some random-ass reason, DD Mence will beat you...yeah, this is a really bad rate, oh well.

Great team, I know you're physically incapable of beating me but that's okay, I love you anyways.

Btw, who is that hottie in your profile picture? That's not YOU, is it? ;D

luv u bby <3
Okay, thanks for pointing that out. I hate Dugtrio with a deep seated passion, Lavos (NPC *ahem*). Yeah, I normally can outpredict because of Team Preview. Anyway, I do need that Chople Berry for so many random HP Fighting out there xD. DD Mence, DD Nite, Gyarados, Etc. would beat me to a pulp without Slowbro ;).

Physically for Pokemon or a fight lol? Yeah I'm rusty, I get it bro.
And yes I am in the picture ty very much for the rate though ;D.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I was being sarcastic about the whole you-not-being-able-to-beat-me thing. You're amazing. And I suck at DW.

go to prom with me?

Okay, I assumed he might have played on Smogon if he is posting here, anyway, even then it could still pose a threat to the team. Considering he only has no reliable counters because Chandelure has a decent movepool.
This set
-Flamethrower
-HP Ground /Fighting
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute / Psychic
Depending on Scarf or Leftovers would ultimately take down the team. Also, if it isn't prepared, I was just informing him of it. I'll be testing to see how it goes. By the way, I'm not trying to argue

So when i copied your team, I changed up a few things. Mind you, this was back when you and me laddered on PBC a lot so it kinda old.

1. Made Ttar lefties. Not a huge deal
2. Made Gene sash. Again, it's PP.
3. Instead of offensive Cel, I went bulky NP. Which, yet again, is Personal Preference but IDK i think there are better Pokes to pull off unpredictable offense gimmicks(Expert Mixed Rachi), and Celebi could do it so much better if you made like a cool set + EVs and stuff.
4. Just sayin' but I love SubTran to death, especially on this team. With the bulky WG core you have, a sturdy FWG that spreads status and counters rain AND sun is great.

Other than that, just make sure you dont get raped by rainstall anymore....jk <3.

So when i copied your team, I changed up a few things. Mind you, this was back when you and me laddered on PBC a lot so it kinda old.

1. Made Ttar lefties. Not a huge deal
2. Made Gene sash. Again, it's PP.
3. Instead of offensive Cel, I went bulky NP. Which, yet again, is Personal Preference but IDK i think there are better Pokes to pull off unpredictable offense gimmicks(Expert Mixed Rachi), and Celebi could do it so much better if you made like a cool set + EVs and stuff.
4. Just sayin' but I love SubTran to death, especially on this team. With the bulky WG core you have, a sturdy FWG that spreads status and counters rain AND sun is great.

Other than that, just make sure you dont get raped by rainstall anymore....jk <3.
Before I reply to you, I THINK IT IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS HOW ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SAY MY TEAM IS TERRIBLE, have fewer posts than I do, and did not even rate.

Anyway, I though about SubRan, but the fact is I need to prolong him, and I was never good at playing with it, so I think I will stick to the Mix. The only consideration I would make, only because of preference, is to have NP Celebi. The only problem I have with it is that it will not jave full coverage lke my set.
Yes, you pointed out my major weakness, Rainstall.
Thanks for the rate Poriinub. :)

CONDUIT!!!! Haii :)
Anyway, like Porii Pooh said, I would go with a sashed Genesect as well(still personal preferance). This is definitely a great team, beating me many times. Also, I DEMAND A REMATCH when you are less rusty, since we had some fun battles back when I sucked(but could come close since I stalked your battles and knew your team inside out :P). Anyway, I'm better than I was 5 months ago. One more thing, since Porii pointed out a weakness to rain stall, maybe you could go Jellicent over Slowbro? It covers the fighting weakness, though it is more of a special wall than a physical one. However, it has nice bulk, can learn taunt, and you can give it 178 speed(outspeed Skarmory). Also, Jellicent has a status inducing move, recovery, and many of the things that Slowbro has. I know you reeally like Slowbro but...This might not make your to AS good as it was, but will help with the Rain Stall problem.(Sorry if it seems like I have no clue what I'm talking about. Really tired, and random thought off the top of my head. :P). Anyway, great team overall, and yeah... <3

CONDUIT!!!! Haii :)
Anyway, like Porii Pooh said, I would go with a sashed Genesect as well(still personal preferance). This is definitely a great team, beating me many times. Also, I DEMAND A REMATCH when you are less rusty, since we had some fun battles back when I sucked(but could come close since I stalked your battles and knew your team inside out :P). Anyway, I'm better than I was 5 months ago. One more thing, since Porii pointed out a weakness to rain stall, maybe you could go Jellicent over Slowbro? It covers the fighting weakness, though it is more of a special wall than a physical one. However, it has nice bulk, can learn taunt, and you can give it 178 speed(outspeed Skarmory). Also, Jellicent has a status inducing move, recovery, and many of the things that Slowbro has. I know you reeally like Slowbro but...This might not make your to AS good as it was, but will help with the Rain Stall problem.(Sorry if it seems like I have no clue what I'm talking about. Really tired, and random thought off the top of my head. :P). Anyway, great team overall, and yeah... <3
Hi Blade.
The only issue I see with Sash Genesect, is that I am not good with it at all, I have tested it, and it lacks the Valuable speed that I require on the team to get rid of Pokemon that can outspeed and KO the rest of my team. Continually, I never tried Jellicent, so I think I will test it out. Howver, it may look good on paper, but I hope it works out. I think the main reason that I have not used it is because it lacks the bulk that Slowbro offers. I will definitely try it though.
Thanks a lot for the rate man

I question your lack of Flamethrower on Slowbro since Heatran is more of a utility from what I see.

I'm tired as hell and I don't see a lot of faults with this sexy beast of a team, so just deal with it. <3

First of all, awesome team, and really original. Rain stall does stick out as a problem, but that's hard to fix without changing the team a lot (although jelly is awesome). I do notice a weakness to opposing scarf genesect. If heatran is down, it can basically wreck the rest of the team with good prediction, OHKOing everything except for ttar, which u-turn does a ton to. Honestly, this would require amazing prediction and is probably something you could work around. Jellicent would help though, as with lefties and max SpD it isn't 3HKOed by +1 thunderbolt.

Anyway, great team and really solid, glad I've never faced this.

Btw, is there a reason you've never taken this (obviously with some adaptations to account for different bans) on Smogon?

I question your lack of Flamethrower on Slowbro since Heatran is more of a utility from what I see.

I'm tired as hell and I don't see a lot of faults with this sexy beast of a team, so just deal with it. <3
See, the thing is I always argued with myself on the two moves to use on Slowbro, and I just couldn't get out of Scald and Psychic. I run 4 other pokemon that have a Fire Move, so I don't think Flamethrower would benefit too much, but I see you point. I will try it out over Psychic and see how it goes. Heatran is a Utility but it can pack a punch and I use it often, i.e---Scizor and Genesect. And thanks for the rate radio movie =P, also thanks for the compliment xD)

First of all, awesome team, and really original. Rain stall does stick out as a problem, but that's hard to fix without changing the team a lot (although jelly is awesome). I do notice a weakness to opposing scarf genesect. If heatran is down, it can basically wreck the rest of the team with good prediction, OHKOing everything except for ttar, which u-turn does a ton to. Honestly, this would require amazing prediction and is probably something you could work around. Jellicent would help though, as with lefties and max SpD it isn't 3HKOed by +1 thunderbolt.

Anyway, great team and really solid, glad I've never faced this.

Btw, is there a reason you've never taken this (obviously with some adaptations to account for different bans) on Smogon?
Thanks Kidogo, I appreciate that! Now, yes, Rain Stall is the Achilles Heel to the team, I have managed to beat many of them only because the users were not as experienced with it, but it became very close. If this team had Jellicent or a Spinner that problem would be easily taken care of. Right now I have been testing out a defensive Jellicent and it has been working "alright". It still easily gets taken down by +2 Gyarados, which just takes the rest of my team out, so I might test Hp [Electric]. Genesect is another problem to the team, normally. However, depending on how gutsy I feel, I just Flamethrower off the bad against Genesect, for the surprise. Normally, you would expect U-turn the first turn. Anyway, I run the plethora of Fire based moves only to take care of Scizor and Genesect respectively. It does take prediction.
Now, the reason I have not taken this to Smogon, is because I just joined the forums yesterday. I now plan to join the Server/Community as a whole soon. So expect to see me there. Anyway, this team is retired, but I'll play with it sometimes.

Thanks again for that rate.

Great team and i really cant think of anything to suggest that would help, but i do have one microscopic nitpick you spelt basculin wrong but seriously this team is great

Great team and i really cant think of anything to suggest that would help, but i do have one microscopic nitpick you spelt basculin wrong but seriously this team is great
Thanks! Yeah, I didn't really spell check it, I'll fix that right now. Once again thanks for the compliment.

Emeral

toward new horizons
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
Hello Conduit. Good team GG!
However, there is problem in your team: Chandelure. Indeed, if it's choice scarf, Chandelure becomes a very hudge threat. It can easily trap and revenge kill slowbro, celebi, landorus and genesect and you don t have way to trap or revenge kill it properly !
The solution would be to set Pursuit on your tyranitar over crunch or superpower. With Pursuit you can now handle Chandelure and eliminate other pokemons which can be annoying for your team such as Latios.

Hope I helped you and gl !

Hello Conduit. Good team GG!
However, there is problem in your team: Chandelure. Indeed, if it's choice scarf, Chandelure becomes a very hudge threat. It can easily trap and revenge kill slowbro, celebi, landorus and genesect and you don t have way to trap or revenge kill it properly !
The solution would be to set Pursuit on your tyranitar over crunch or superpower. With Pursuit you can now handle Chandelure and eliminate other pokemons which can be annoying for your team such as Latios.

Hope I helped you and gl !
Yeah, Chandelure is probably one of the only single-handed threat that my team already can't cover too well. The deal with it is, I don't face Shadow Tag variants, so I never saw the danger. Now against them, I have to send out TTAR quickly and just get rocks up. I have to U-Turn constantly until Chandy is down for the count. I will try out Pursuit on TTAR.

Thanks for the rate.

Edit:::
Jellicent does not work very well, it only works against Rain Stall, but all other threats that Slowbro normally covered, sweep through my team. Thus I lost more battles than I would to rain stall, which is not as common and I still manage to beat them. So, Slowbro will stay for now ^^. Thanks anyway for the Jelli suggestion, all of you.

This team brings back a lot of memories and it was quite an enigmatic spectacle whenever I watched one of its battles. That Chople TTar is one mean troll :P

The FWG core is really solid and the only option I can suggest to alleviate the problem with Rain Stall (since Jelli couldn't fully replace 'Bro) is to reconsider Bulky NP Celebi. Also, it might seem a little beneficial to change Landorus to your usual Scarf or E-Belt set to better cover or revenge some aforementioned threats.

I still love this team now as much as I loved it then. Luvdisc'd and Gl!

This team brings back a lot of memories and it was quite an enigmatic spectacle whenever I watched one of its battles. That Chople TTar is one mean troll :P

The FWG core is really solid and the only option I can suggest to alleviate the problem with Rain Stall (since Jelli couldn't fully replace 'Bro) is to reconsider Bulky NP Celebi. Also, it might seem a little beneficial to change Landorus to your usual Scarf or E-Belt set to better cover or revenge some aforementioned threats.

I still love this team now as much as I loved it then. Luvdisc'd and Gl!
Thanks for the rate Darch! Yeah, I only wish that this team was still a surprise factor, oh well ;). Anyway, I've been testing out that NP Celebi since yesterday, and it works really well. Only problem is, I keep getting revenged by Fighting types because I run Leaftstorm and Hidden Power fire. Not too much of a problem with Slowbro on my side. I'll try Expert Belt, sounds bossly.
=))))

Long time no see bro :o

WoW / FT over Toxic / LP always worked better for me on Tran. SD Terrakion problems? Slowbro doesn't OHKO (nice SS bro) and is 2HKO'd by +2 SE (I think). After Celebi has taken a bit of damage it's OHKO'd. Either Sub SD or Lum wreck shit. I also suggest Bulky NP Celebi to help a bit.

Hey Tangelo.
I can't stand two Fire Moves anyway, considering I can have two Status Moves at my arsenal, rather than just one. I haven't had much problems with Terrakion as of yet. I can normally wear it down with Slowbro or Genesect anyway. Yeah, I'm keeping NP Celebi btw, It's saved my arse a lot recently.

Thanks for the rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)