Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there a way to see what my Delay was when RNGing for my SID using the previous IDs I got?
I'm having quite some trouble, I've been writing down IDs that I've been getting and no two IDs are the same, which leads me to believe that I am not using Eontimer correctly or I'm not starting the game at the right moment. My target Delay should be reached as soon as I press the "A" button on Professor Oak's last line right?
Pandora's Box will show you your delay.

@PoJ Well 9.93 gave me the same ID/SID :[. Is that wrong too? Which program should I use then?

Is there a way to see what my Delay was when RNGing for my SID using the previous IDs I got?
I'm having quite some trouble, I've been writing down IDs that I've been getting and no two IDs are the same, which leads me to believe that I am not using Eontimer correctly or I'm not starting the game at the right moment. My target Delay should be reached as soon as I press the "A" button on Professor Oak's last line right?

EDIT: Here is how I'm using Eon Timer so someone can tell me if I'm doing it wrong.

My target delay is 5300, my target time is 11:55:59

I put in target sec as 59 and target delay as 5300 into Eon Timer
I set my DS time to 11:54:00 and start at the same time as Eon Timer starts.
I then load my game and soft reset at the same moment the first timer ends.
While the second timer is running, I fill in my gender and name and go to Oak's very last line
I hit "A" as soon as soon as the second timer reaches zero then go downstairs to check my ID
If I do it right, my ID should be 13754
Bumping just in case anyone mmissed this!

PID is in correctly for both Pandora's Box and Main Window :[. No clue what's wrong.
What do you mean it's correct in the main window? There's no where to post the PID in the main window. Are you sure you posted the PID of your frame in PBox and not the seed?

Edit: Darksoul, that's all correct. If you don't get your ID then you missed your delay, so use the far right of Pbox to find out what your hit.

What do you mean it's correct in the main window? There's no where to post the PID in the main window. Are you sure you posted the PID of your frame in PBox and not the seed?

Edit: Darksoul, that's all correct. If you don't get your ID then you missed your delay, so use the far right of Pbox to find out what your hit.
Oh woops I meant the seed.

I'm attempting to catch a Jolly Magikarp at Lake of Rage with a Good Rod, under Encounter Slot 0. My frame's 21, and I've hit the seed multiple times and then advanced the frame to 20. However, I'm not able to get the right IVs. What do I do? I use elm calls to advance it, and I noticed if I catch one on Frame 21, it's always Impish with the same exact stats and IVs, while on 20 it is Jolly, but not flawless. Is the rain advancing the frame or interfering?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
There are wandering NPCs in that area I believe so you should shake if you're hitting a higher frame. If you give me the seed I could check that for you.

There are wandering NPCs in that area I believe so you should shake if you're hitting a higher frame. If you give me the seed I could check that for you.
0A140262
Forgot to mention this, but I'm using a Cute Charm lead (50% Male / 50% Female)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Cute Charm. I don't need a Sweet Scent Pokemon do I?
are you using the right rod? When I look under super rod I see an impish nature on frame 24 and a jolly one on frame 23. which would match with what you have been saying. I'm interpreting that when you said "getting the same IVs" you getting exactly the same IVs continually being this flawless or not, if they are please let me know.

No you don't need Sweet Scent. It seems the NPCs are advancing your frame, because according to RNG Reporter you're hitting frame 24. So I would advance to frame... 17 or 18? Idk, my brain isn't working right now x.x Then fish.

Also, are you using Good Rod or Super Rod? Because with good rod there doesn't seem to be another nearby Jolly frame. Either way, the NPCs seem to be advancing by 3 frames. So that would mean, advance to frame 18 and fish.

Edit: Ninja'd.

are you using the right rod? When I look under super rod I see an impish nature on frame 24 and a jolly one on frame 23. which would match with what you have been saying. I'm interpreting that when you said "getting the same IVs" you getting exactly the same IVs continually being this flawless or not, if they are please let me know.
Yeah, I'm using the Good Rod. I guess this means the NPCs are advancing the frame as that is what I've been getting, and I checked so I am indeed getting the same IVs as well. The IVs are not flawless though.
@ PoJ: I'll try that

Just for some more clarification, is RNGing for the Red Gyarados similar to say the wondercard celebi where you just select a seed from MethodK/1 and let the nature work itself out?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Just for some more clarification, is RNGing for the Red Gyarados similar to say the wondercard celebi where you just select a seed from MethodK/1 and let the nature work itself out?
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use method 1, at least that's what I did. The nature is set to the seed/frame though so you won't get a different nature if you keep trying the same one. You want to find a seed that has the nature you're looking for :)

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use method 1, at least that's what I did. The nature is set to the seed/frame though so you won't get a different nature if you keep trying the same one. You want to find a seed that has the nature you're looking for :)
Cool thanks.

I'm having a new set of problems with getting my SID. My target second is 59, but I consistently hit 2 seconds, even hitting my target delay with the 2 seconds! How do I adjust for this? Eon Timer isn't helping me with that, although I've been changing my delay with it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)