Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Raikou RNG

The step forward that actually releases Raikou and Entei (in Ecruteak) has no affect on the RNG correct? I'd figure it out myself, but I don't really have a way to ensure that I hit my frame given that I'm without a masterball at this point.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Yeah I mashed pokegear, did my 30 calls, then got out of pokegear and instantly talked to gyarados. Roamers are all KO'd too
I guess that means you should also take npcs in consideration when advancing your frames. This means you should advance uo to frame ~18. First I would check if another lower frame matches the criteria also though

I guess that means you should also take npcs in consideration when advancing your frames. This means you should advance uo to frame ~18. First I would check if another lower frame matches the criteria also though
I kinda put 2 and 2 together and did what you posted and it worked. Jolly 31 all Red Gyarados is mine!

The step forward that actually releases Raikou and Entei (in Ecruteak) has no affect on the RNG correct? I'd figure it out myself, but I don't really have a way to ensure that I hit my frame given that I'm without a masterball at this point.
The step has no effect (unless that step trips the 128 step counter, but that's highly unlikely).

I'm attempting to RNG a Bold Synchronizer Ralts in Platinum (wild pokemon rng).

I can hit my target time just fine, but my delay is always 20-40 points too high. Am I doing something wrong, or should I be looking for a higher delay?

Are you using a timer? If so just enter the delay you hit into the "delay hit" field and hit update and it will give you the correct timer.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Are you using eontimer?if so then update it with the delay you're hitting. If not then I recommed using it

Hi i'm trying to figure out some names on my heart gold and soul silver japanese game carts to do rng advancements. i had a look on bulbapedia to try and find joey and professor elms names in japanese. i think i found joey Joey (Japanese: ゴロウ Gorō) and it appears to be the second name on my pokegear has a similiar letters as joey's on bulbapedia but i'm struggling to find Professor Elm (Japanese: ウツギ博士 Dr. Utsugi) and can't seem to find anything resembling an + at the end and most names in my pokegear seem to have short letters/symbols mostly 3-4. can anyone help also is there any translation of the responses foe elm i.e p.e.k or joeys rattata phrase thanks.
Edit **Just wanted to say after bit more searching found answer in Riski's pokemon rng guides he has a small section near bottom of his guides
Gives info on hg/ss japanese translation of elm's responses. In case anyone else needs this info
Here, no Kanji:

K - カントーにはまだぼくのしらないポケモンいるだろうし。ぼくのしらないしんかほうほうがあ るかもしれないね。そのめでしっかりいろんなものをみておいて。

Blue = "Kanto"

E - ポケモンのしんかというのはほんとうにおくがふかいようねえ!あるじょうけんをみたしたと きだけしんかするぽけもんもいるみたい!

= Pokemon no Shinka = Pokemon's Evolution

P - ポケルスがくっついたポケモンはどうやらそだちがよくなるみたいげんいんはわからないけ ど。

= "Pokerus"

I tried using EonTimer, but I kept getting a bunch of numbers that made sense in sequence, then random values (ex. 912, 699, -37).

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I tried using EonTimer, but I kept getting a bunch of numbers that made sense in sequence, then random values (ex. 912, 699, -37).
You should provide more information than that. From I can get you got some delays that actually made sense but then you started getting random ones? How big are your delay/seconds ranges?

I'm trying to catch a Jolly Male Scyther in the Bug Catching Contest, and it says I need a Cute Charm lead. I can't use Honey or Sweet Scent, and I can't find any other Slot 8 Pokemon. How do I get around this?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to catch a Jolly Male Scyther in the Bug Catching Contest, and it says I need a Cute Charm lead. I can't use Honey or Sweet Scent, and I can't find any other Slot 8 Pokemon. How do I get around this?
Rage glitch Sweet Scent onto a CC mon, hope to get lucky with the frame and walk to encounter it, or find a different spread.
Edit: accursed ninjas.

FSLAR, there are some seeds that will work without any type of lead required, so you can bring a sweet scenter. I would try finding a seed with no lead if you can't mimic glitch.

Edit: Actually, I just checked and all of the pentaflawless Jolly ability 1 spreads need a lead... so you either have to settle for less perfect IVs of Mimic glitch :o

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm fishing for Gyarados in Heart Gold, trying to figure out the part about whether or not I get a bite. In the fifth post it says
To do this, make a note of your method J frame and then locate the this frame - 3 in a method 1 list. Take the last 4 digits of the PID on this method 1 frame and convert it from hexadecimal to decimal.

Divide this number by 656 and discard any remainder or the decimal portion of the result (ie round down).

This gives a result between 0 and 99.

Now depending on your fishing rod here are the results:

Old Rod: Numbers between 0 and 24 mean a catch will be made.
Good Rod: Numbers between 0 and 49 mean a catch will be made.
Super Rod: Numbers between 0 and 74 mean a catch will be made.

Numbers that do not meet the criteria above will result in the "not even a nibble message"
Does this still apply in HGSS (using the method K frame presumably), or do I have to do something different? Also, does this mean I would need to advance to my target frame - 4 and then use the rod?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm pretty sure the newest reporter already takes "monster frames" into consideration so you have to advance to the frame prior your target. Also, if you copy a rod seed into the main page and generate the frames you'll notice some of these are skipped, I believe those are the ones that would have resulted in "not even a nibble" but that's just my theory.

I'm fishing for Gyarados in Heart Gold, trying to figure out the part about whether or not I get a bite. In the fifth post it says
Does this still apply in HGSS (using the method K frame presumably), or do I have to do something different? Also, does this mean I would need to advance to my target frame - 4 and then use the rod?
I think RNG Reporter 9.95 calculates which frames will be a bite and which ones won't for you. Just paste your seed in the main window, select method K and the encounter type and then generate. The frames that are bites will show up, but the frames that aren't bites will not be listed.

Also, RNG Reporter 9.95 will account for the advances made from fishing, so all you have to do is advance to the frame with your target IVs and fish, and you should get the right Pokemon. Considering there are no NPCs.

Edit: Ninja'd.

So I'm trying to RNG an Aerodactyl on HGSS. I'm aiming for seed A10D01FA, frame 63 at 13:17:00 on 2012/21/12. I used method 1 to get the seed.

My question is: how do I take moving NPCs into account when I speak to the guy to pick up my fossil? I know I'm using method 1 because it is a gift pokemon, but how do I take moving NPCs into account?

So I'm trying to RNG an Aerodactyl on HGSS. I'm aiming for seed A10D01FA, frame 63 at 13:17:00 on 2012/21/12. I used method 1 to get the seed.

My question is: how do I take moving NPCs into account when I speak to the guy to pick up my fossil? I know I'm using method 1 because it is a gift pokemon, but how do I take moving NPCs into account?
Use simple logic! If you're aiming for 63 but your hit 64, then just advance to frame 62 next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)