VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second VGC competition I didn't so great 2-5 had fun tho meeting real Smogon players.Cybertron Ditto and Nightwing all cool people. I know the victors but have they been uploaded I would like to see the final matches?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm back, long drive from Philly, will have details when I can. Great to see all I was able to see, and while I didn't stay to watch the final 8, congratulations JiveTime on your win.

Finally back from Philly after around 3 hours of driving. I don't know if staying to update you guys was the best decision, haha, but it was rather exciting! Congrats on the big win JiveTime, I'm pretty sure 10-0 is the most games any Regional Champion has ever won! Big shout out to the rest of the Top 4 too, Human, Ben, and Wolfey all showing the older Masters how it's done! Shoutout to TheGr8 for bossing it up with a 6-1 record in the harder flight!

Still proud of Brendan's 7-0 victory. Congrats to PungentFruit and Drifblim for the T4 finishes. Great job everyone, I had a lot of fun this weekend! Warstory and pictures coming up soon. It was really nice meeting everyone, especially all my fans ;)

Now to get some rest <3

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Finally got back from Philly. I have to say, to place in the top 16 when I wasn't expecting to break .500 was pretty awesome, especially in my first tournament. Looks like unretiring was a good decision.

Also I am way too tired at the moment but someone should remind me to upload the Diglett.

Ominous Oppressor(who needs to be freed) was kind enough to drive me 6 hours to this event and had an amazing time at what is probably my last Pokemon tournament ever. I went 5-2 in the hardest flight or rather the hardest regional there will probably ever be without playing since Worlds last year. My first lost was to Ferrothorn stall after having my Volcarona crit on T1 after Quiver Dancing. My second loss was to MosquitoX who simply beat me due to my inexperience with the metagame. Congrats to Human and Wolfey for their Pink flight Wolfpack domination. Congrats to the best kids I could ever had in Cybertron and Babytron. I'll miss everyone including but not limited to Dtrain Birchy Kinderlew and people i can't remember right now because I'm tired and have physics in 6 hours. Hope to see you again pokemon world.

I fnally got home, it was more of a 5 hour trip back. I had a really great time this weekend, I will be writing up my warstory asap! I met so many new people from smogon and even some who weren't it was a great event minus the 3 hour delay for masters! Everything else will be in my warstory (:

Brendan wins.

EDIT: Also haven't seen anybody post this. Apparently, the Masters (300+) are being divided into two flights and will actually have a top cut.

Brendan wins? Was there ever a doubt? I'm just happy we got his trip.

Although, I am more impressed that Caroline, who never played the game before, finished 10th in Juniors with a 5-2 record. One of her opponents asked her where she got the Shiny from and she said "What's a Shiny?" Then she won, her opponent asked for a cartridge check, when they came to check the game she told him "No, it's mine and I'm not done playing yet." In the end, she relented, got checked, and continued to play.

Thanks again for the help Aaron.

Second VGC competition I didn't so great 2-5 had fun tho meeting real Smogon players.Cybertron Ditto and Nightwing all cool people. I know the victors but have they been uploaded I would like to see the final matches?
Great meeting u 2 Jstr and all the other smogon players I cant wait for them to put some vids and pics up im dying to see the last battles 2.

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
I want to say to anyone who played me, the skill level of my opponents today was unreal, I shouldve lost nearly every match I played and was saved only through some lucky predictions. I had an amaZHENG day and it was great to meet some new people and see everyone again. I WILL be going to nats despite not coming in first. Congrats to Jivetime, WOLFE PACK AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, and also 2nd place with Regigigigas get at me

I want to say to anyone who played me, the skill level of my opponents today was unreal, I shouldve lost nearly every match I played and was saved only through some lucky predictions. I had an amaZHENG day and it was great to meet some new people and see everyone again. I WILL be going to nats despite not coming in first. Congrats to Jivetime, WOLFE PACK AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, and also 2nd place with Regigigigas get at me

I agree, pink flight was a very tough flight, and of course with all of us in the same flight it was even tougher. Regi so strong.

Does anyone have the overall standings? with the two flights combined?

While I am still reminiscing on some of the things that happened there. Did you guys see how EnFuego played?

I knew that he was tired after being awake 30 hours straight and that he didn't bring nearly as many monster energy drinks this time as he did for Rhode Island, but to actually go through with the no touch battle he was joking about with me was crazy. Saw him take a 15 minute power nap each battle and he ended up going 5-2 before dropping not even touching his DS, just napping through the whole battle.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While I am still reminiscing on some of the things that happened there. Did you guys see how EnFuego played?

I knew that he was tired after being awake 30 hours straight and that he didn't bring nearly as many monster energy drinks this time as he did for Rhode Island, but to actually go through with the no touch battle he was joking about with me was crazy. Saw him take a 15 minute power nap each battle and he ended up going 5-2 before dropping not even touching his DS, just napping through the whole battle.
Yeah Enfuego is insane, what a boss. Not to mention his match with thewolf was really close

Did anyone save the finals video Wolfey vs Jive Time, or Wolfey vs Ben7000?
Really wanted to see regigigas in action lol
congrats to everyone guys, good luck in nats!

biggest disappointment was not getting a picture with wildfire

again

:(

Sorry, about that. I'm pretty sure that several people got me though I tried to avoid it. They probably just got my hair. I'm not very photogenic and I have many pictures to prove that. Or at least with my glasses on. Also if anyone does happen to have pictures of me, please don't post them online. My parents would be a bit angry and I just don't want my pic. on the internet.

Lol you won't see you much Regigigas action from my match (Ben7000 vs Wolfey). I think I OHKO'd Regigigas due to a thunderbolt crit near the very beginning of the match.

But Ben, did you save it? wanted to see top 4 battling, semifinal matches seemed to have been really interesting

(new member =^_^=)
i won 5 battles and lost 2 at the philadelphia regionals. i dont know where i stand in the rankings yet (pokemon didnt update and i didnt stay for it) but i do know i was one of the top players since i sat with all the best players in the final round

Anyone have any replays saved on their DS from VGC (this or any or any of them)? I'm looking to record and upload some for people, can also do commentary. I can get em just with the video ID if you upload it from your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)