Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

At the end of the game, there's this Plasma Grunt that uses a Krookodile in the Relic Castle. To maybe add to the hatred the two species have towards one another, you could have that particular Krookodile be the one that nearly killed Mr.Mojo before you caught him, and they have a climactic battle. Conflict always makes a story decent. That will then conquer his fear of the Castle, although he will always remember. Also, if KS doesn't mind, could we let Mr.Mojo beat Grimsley's Krookodile both times? Maybe he breaks out of his Pokéball during the battle to attack the Krookodile, uncaring that Ninja was in a battle with it? Mega-conflict! O_O

Thanks for all of the support guys!

@shinyskarmory: I'm pretty sure he won't be terrible. The restrictions aren't bad at all. The only thing I'm concerned about is remembering all of the Self-Destruct/Explosion learning Pokemon.
Basically, he can't fight anything in the Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith line, nor anything in the Ferroseed/Ferrothorn line.

In other words, in only one of those does him not being allowed to fight really hurt you.

At the end of the game, there's this Plasma Grunt that uses a Krookodile in the Relic Castle. To maybe add to the hatred the two species have towards one another, you could have that particular Krookodile be the one that nearly killed Mr.Mojo before you caught him, and they have a climactic battle. Conflict always makes a story decent. That will then conquer his fear of the Castle, although he will always remember. Also, if KS doesn't mind, could we let Mr.Mojo beat Grimsley's Krookodile both times? Maybe he breaks out of his Pokéball during the battle to attack the Krookodile, uncaring that Ninja was in a battle with it? Mega-conflict! O_O
Hwang and Stall, in order for this to work, Ninja must solo another E4 pokemon that appears to be "ninja-like."

Hmmm, let's see... How about Grimsley's Bisharp? It looks like a swords(wo)man, and it focuses on stabbing things with its' huge Steel blades. Sounds ninja-like to me. Krookodile didn't really seem too 'ninja-like' though, a giant crocodile that serates things with its' teeth. And you get the TM for Toxic on Route 17, only problem is you need Surf to get to it.

Well, remember that you don't necessarily have to stick to the letter of the law when writing up cinematic updates. I sure as hell didn't have my Piplup beat Saturn's Toxicroak, but I wrote it that way because I felt it to be more entertaining than describing a Meditite boosting with Calm Mind then sweeping a team with Confusion. Play as the restriction dictates, write as the story dictates.

Well, remember that you don't necessarily have to stick to the letter of the law when writing up cinematic updates. I sure as hell didn't have my Piplup beat Saturn's Toxicroak, but I wrote it that way because I felt it to be more entertaining than describing a Meditite boosting with Calm Mind then sweeping a team with Confusion. Play as the restriction dictates, write as the story dictates.
Amen. You can't even find wild Dustox in Petalburg Woods...or anywhere, for that matter.

True enough. Half of my HG story is going to be cinematic, and I'm going to make Team Plasma's role in my Black Scramblocke massive, so Mr.Mojo doesn't necessarily have to fight Grimsley's Krookodile the first time through, but the story could have him bust out of his Pokéball to attack it instead. I'm still working on another HG update, but I'm actually kind of apprehensive to find Stupid the Shuckle after seeing how wonderfully EndQuote 'experienced' it, even though his was a bit harder then even mine. And as far as my Black Scramblocke goes, I might play it through up to Ghetsis, and if I manage to beat him, keep going. But if I fail, I think I might end it right then and there. I think I'm going to wait on my story until I'm sure that I could get to the E4, because if I fail there, then it's a whole lot easier to write off an ending. Once I'm safely at the E4 with a few Pokémon, I'll start writing updates. I may take a vote.

Can someone post me the challenge so i can start scramble and making videos in this week...
Take 5Flaps, the Woobat. As soon as you catch it, give it an item to hold. This item must be activated in battle somehow (like an Oran Berry), or be used to cure status (Antidote, Full Heal, etc.).

If your Woobat gets inflicted with a status that would be cured by it's hold item (like if it was poisoned while holding an Antidote), then you must use the hold item to cure the status. Then rename Woobat to 4Flaps, and give it another hold item as per the above requirements. If the item was activated in battle, then it would have been consumed, so give Woobat another item and do the same name change.

Repeat this process until Woobat reaches 0Flaps. When he hits 0Flaps, he may not hold an item. If he is inflicted with status from this point on, he cannot participate in the E4 battles, except as healing fodder. Fighting the Champion is still okay.

And you must catch the first Woobat you see. You also cannot switch Woobat out of battle, if the opponent's type is not SE against you. Evolve whenever.

EDIT: If it's held item is a Cheri Berry, then losing it will not cause it's number to go down by one. You may do this for as often as you encounter said berry (though i don't believe they are abundant...).

EDIT 2: Yes, IAR will hate me...

*debates whether to be annoying or encouraging*

Well, maybe it best to stay in this thread. I stay here and I'm doing fine, and since I rarely venture deep into the depths of the Smogon abyss, most of Smogon is neutral to me. Alternatively, be a nicer person.

*yes, this is honestly the most encouraging i get. Even my real life friends don't get encouragement like that.*

Oh, and Nauris, if you shout something RANDOM every time Woobat enters a battle/uses an attack, then you get extra points which can be redeemed for respect in this thread. Points - Respect exchange rate may change in future.

*debates whether to be annoying or encouraging*

Well, maybe it best to stay in this thread. I stay here and I'm doing fine, and since I rarely venture deep into the depths of the Smogon abyss, most of Smogon is neutral to me. Alternatively, be a nicer person.

*yes, this is honestly the most encouraging i get. Even my real life friends don't get encouragement like that.*

Oh, and Nauris, if you shout something RANDOM every time Woobat enters a battle/uses an attack, then you get extra points which can be redeemed for respect in this thread. Points - Respect exchange rate may change in future.
I will not shout it every time (especially if i'm not alone in home), but except to hear that occasionally ;D i thought that at weekend I'd start making/post video(s). Have to download emulator and fraps to laptop first which i do asap. (probably start after posting this post)

Sorry about the wait guys!! I will begin my 1000 post scramble very soon now. College is taking away most of my free time, so it'll be a while before I can truely begin :(

Buu the Mareep -> Flaaffy -> Ampharos - By Jimera0
KS, take a Mareep and name it Buu. First of all, Buu likes destruction (it's fun!), and as such can only ever inflict damage through direct attacks. No Toxic or anything like that. That's not much of a restriction, but while Buu starts off pretty strong it needs to consume other fighters to get stronger! At the start, it can only use level up electric type moves (minus Thunder), and Tackle. Here's a list of fighters to absorb (solo) in order to gain their powers.

Normal and Electric Type Status Moves: Absorb Joey's Rattata! (May require a rematch).
Other status moves: Absorb Silver's Gastly twice (otherwise it'd be too easy) or Morty's Gengar
Physical moves other than Tackle: Absorb Chuck's Poliwrath or all the trainers in his gym.
Thunder and electric TMs: Absorb your rival's Magnemite 3 times or Jasmines Magneton
Special moves of other types: Absorb Pryce's Piloswine or your rival's starter every encounter before the elite 4 (second option not applicable if rival's starter is Totadile).

No matter what though he must defeat the hero, Lance! Have him solo his entire team.

Enjoy!

Roronoa the Sandshrew -> Sandslash - By Nauris
Take Roronoa the Sandshrew. He can only use attacks that involve slashing: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Fury Cutter, Slash, Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Sword Dance, X-scissor, Crush Claw, Cut. As you probably know his boss is somewhat stupid and gets into fights, so Roronoa can only participate every third major battle.(Gym leader, Legendary, Rival,etc) He cannot switch out or healed during battle as it would hurt his pride as swordsman. If he dies during battle he has to solo 5 trainers and next Gym leader, E4 member or Rival. He has to solo Bruno and Red's Charizard.
Also after he has soloed 4 gym leaders he can use learn Dig and after He has soloed 6 + E4 member he can replace dig with earthquake.

Sasori the Tentacool -> Tentacruel - By StallMandabuzz
King, catch Sasori the MALE Tentacool. Now, since Sasori enjoys poisoning his enemies, he must always have at least one poisonous move, preferably Toxic Spikes. In order to be able to attack, he must lay down two layers of Toxic Spikes in a drawn out battle (Ignored in favor of using a poison attack first after a conversation with Stall), or have one attack that can at least poison enemies. Since he appreciates the art of Poison, he mst battle all Poison-types that he meets in order to show that HE is the one true master of it. In order to prove that he is the unequivocal master of Poison, he must solo Koga, as well as Janine, since both father and daughter are supposed masters of Poison. He views his teammates as his puppets, but he uses one of them a lot more often then the others. Pick a Pokémon, and whoever you pick will be Sasori's puppet. If Sasori is low on health, he will send his puppet out to tank the blows of his enemies while he plots and replenishes his Chakra. When/If his puppet is dispatched, he will come out and fight to the death. He must severely poison ten enemy ninjas (trainers) in order to evolve, and if his traps are destroyed, he must lay more. Have fun. :)

Jaden Yuki the Heracross - By Tetrinity
Jaden's main deck uses the Elemental HERO archetype. Since these are mostly Warrior type monsters, they take advantage of Fighting type attacks. Therefore Jaden should know at least two Fighting type moves as soon as possible. However, many Elemental HERO monsters are relatively weak in terms of pure stats, and it's helpful to boost these in order to beat down the opponent. Jaden may not use a Fighting type damaging move unless an X item has been used to increase the relevant stat in this fight.

However, there's more to Jaden than pure attacking. Jaden is connected with Winged Kuriboh, able to see its spirit when others cannot. This spirit helps Jaden when he is in danger. Unfortunately, in the transition into the world of Pokémon, Jaden became a bit confused about what Winged Kuriboh actually looks like.

Upon capturing Jaden, designate one of your other Pokémon as Jaden's "Winged Kuriboh". When Jaden faints, you must send out Winged Kuriboh and revenge kill or die trying. If this is not possible, or Winged Kuriboh faints in this attempt, Jaden has lost the duel and will brood over the loss. He may not battle until Winged Kuriboh gains a level.

To prove his worth, Jaden wants to defeat the best of the best at Duel Monsters. Jaden must solo Clair. Optionally, you may solo any one member of the E4 (first round) to void the X item requirement - his deck is good enough to no longer need the boosts.

Bonus optional restriction: Say the words "Get your game on!" whenever Jaden is sent out, as loud as you dare.

Summary:
Jaden Yuki the Heracross
- Must know at least two Fighting type moves as soon as possible
- May only use a Fighting type damaging move if an X item has been used in this fight to boost the appropriate attacking stat.
- Upon capture, designate one other Pokémon as Jaden's Winged Kuriboh. If Jaden faints, Winged Kuriboh must revenge kill. If this is not possible (e.g. Winged Kuriboh refuses to fight / is already fainted) or Winged Kuriboh faints in the attempt, Jaden loses the duel and refuses to fight until Winged Kuriboh gains a level.
- Must solo Clair.
- Optional: Solo any E4 member (first round) to void the X item restriction.
- Optional: Say "Get your game on!" whenever Jaden is sent out. No reason, it'd just be cool.

Kenpachi the Scyther - By Pika25
King Serperior, can you accept a Scyther? Kenpachi Zaraki has a wild and aggressive appearance, fitting with his personality. Prior to entering the Soul Reaper ranks, he lived in district 80, the most lawless district surrounding Soul Society, becoming proficient with a sword, or at least fighting, while he was there. (Once you get to the National Park, you must enter the bug-catching contest and catch a male Scyther.) After leaving the district, he found a girl he named Yachiru (やちる) who didn't fear his sword. (Designate a team member, preferably a female if you have any, as Yachiru. He cannot be in a double battle if he is without Yachiru. The only moves he can use must involve the sword, be it alone or with Yachiru.) Time passed, and he made his way into the Soul Society and killed the previous captain of the 11th division. (Solo a Gym Leader who isn't taken.) As a new captain, he was begrudgingly forced to learn kendo, which he hated at first because it personified his sword, but he did agree on one thing: a blade wielded by both hands is more powerful than a one-handed blade. (You may now use other attack moves.) Eventually he killed the Fullbringer, finding him boring. (You must deal the finishing blow to one of Red's Pokémon.)

(Used Wikipedia for background info, sorry I don't know much about Bleach)

Recap:
  • Enter the bug-catching contest, catch a male Scyther, and name him after Kenpachi Zaraki (Ken Zaraki is fine)
  • Designate a team member as Yachiru, who must accompany him in doubles
  • Can only use moves involving a sword (Swords Dance is fine)
  • After soloing a gym leader of your choice, can use other attacks
  • Must land ending blow against one of Red's Pokémon

Ok, I just did a final count and I have only 5/6 mons needed!!! I need a final mon!!

The OP Challenge post is Here.

I would prefer a challenge from the Top 5, but it is up the the one making the challenge :P

Please give me a final mon that DOES NOT compound my obvious type weaknesses!! Please??

Oh, sweet, can't wait to see Jaden in action. Hopefully somebody gives you your last Pokémon soon so you can get started. :)

This update I am working on is absolutely massive. So massive that I'm going to go ahead and post my 3,142-word progress so far as a Part 1!

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Sophie stumbled out into the daylight, the glare of the sun punishing after the long trek through the tunnels. She had made it. A large, ornate building, looking more like a church than anything else, towered above her, dwarfing the surrounding landscape. Inside gathered the strongest of trainers of all Sinnoh, perhaps even the world. It seemed only yesterday that Sophie had left Twinleaf, on the opposite side of the map. And yet here she was, ready to prove she was the toughest of the tough.

Tomorrow, at any rate. The journey through the infamous Victory Road had taken its toll on her and her friends, however little she wished to admit it. She checked into the hotel and went straight to her bed, asleep before she even hit the covers.

Sophie awoke with a start. The midday sunlight had been wiped away, replaced by a gloomy dusk. She rolled over to check the time; she'd been asleep for seven hours. She was just about ready to drift back off when a sharp pain in her right foot sent her flying into the air with a scream to shame your average two year old. A small lump was moving under the covers at the end of the bed, leaving a slightly damp track behind it. Sophie didn't need too many guesses as to what it was.

"Can'tdoit, get your blue little butt out of there, right now!"

The Piplup popped his head out from under the cover, dangling upside-down over the edge of the bed. The sight soon dissolved Sophie's anger away; try as she might, she just couldn't stay mad with him for long. She never could.

"Come on, we all need to rest," she said, calling him back into his Poké Ball. "It's a big day tomorrow."

The ball rocked back and forth a few times before eventually settling down. Once Sophie had made quite sure her toes were secure from further nibbling attempts, she returned to the bed and switched off the lights.

Twenty minutes of tossing and turning got her nowhere; she was wide awake and too nervous to settle down. Forget it. This was happening now. She grabbed her bag, pausing only to quickly glance in the mirror before closing the door behind her.

The time passed in a blur. Leaving the hotel. Pushing into the central building's lobby. Handing over her collection of badges for verification. Before she knew what happened, she was waiting in a small room, connected to the battle arena by a concrete tunnel passing under the stands.

Her name would be called any moment now. She stared at the opposite wall, decorated with portraits of Champions past. Everybody knew the names of those adorning this wall, household names across the region. Sophie imagined her own portrait on the wall, taking the blank space to the right of Cynthia's. The thought caught her breath in her throat.

"Greenwood, Sophie."

The voice made Sophie jump, crackling through the low quality speakers. She rose to her feet and made her way down the tunnel, emerging in a brightly lit arena. The stadium wasn't completely full, but the crowd still made plenty of noise, cheering for the two contestants. A loudspeaker kicked into life, echoing throughout the open area.

"Our challenger tonight is Sophie Greenwood, all the way from Twinleaf Town!"

Some sections of the crowd cheered once more, others merely turned to their friends, muttering something privately. Twinleaf's reputation had never been too great in the more populated areas of Sinnoh, with many referring to its residents as hicks. Far from the truth, of course, but stereotypes always had their inaccuracies. Sophie could only wonder quite what they were saying about her.

"This one has quite the reputation about her among the Gym Leaders in Sinnoh! She'll be a good match for the first of our very own Elite Four - Aaron!"

The figure on the opposite side of the arena stepped forward onto a plinth, head held high. A casual grin spread across his face, tossing a Poké Ball from hand to hand. Quiet confidence emanated from his presence in the arena. Sophie took her position, willing her nerves to remain calm.

"Contestants, please select your first Pokémon and prepare for battle!"

Sophie mulled it over for a moment, then made her decision. She suspected that this was just as much about putting on a show as it was about actually winning the fight. Confused would take the stage for this first battle; the perfect combination of showmanship, reliability and power. And she would once more attempt her trademark of winning the fight with a single Pokémon. She indicated to the judge that she was ready as Aaron did the same.

"Our contestants are ready," spoke the voice, to a cataclysm of cheers. "I wish you both the best of luck. Please send out your Pokémon, and let battle commence!"

The Poké Balls flung forward, releasing two Pokémon into the fray. Confused stood tall, waiting for the light to dissipate around his opponent. A fierce, ugly creature shot into the sky, its speed beyond imagination. If it were not for the judge announcing the initial matchup, Sophie would never have been able to identify it. Yanmega. The Pokémon swooped down towards Confused, claws ready to strike. The battle had begun.

--------

Susan dashed towards the stadium, his breath running short. He'd already been on his way to Victory Road when he'd heard the news from his mother; Sophie was fighting the Elite Four, broadcast live across the world. For a moment he'd doubted it, then remembered who they were talking about. Sophie had always been one step ahead of him, really, no matter how much he claimed otherwise. Ever since they'd first been given Pokémon by Professor Rowan. He had no doubt that Sophie was capable of becoming Champion. But he was equally confident he could take the title right back off her.

He came to a skidding halt right outside the stadium entrance. The action inside was being displayed on enormous monitors all around the area. The accompanying speakers seemed quite redundant; the noise levels were tremendous, the crowd oohing and aahing every step of the way, the announcer fighting to make himself heard.

"Vespiquen is really struggling now! This match could be decided, folks!"

The scene on the displays struck Susan as curious; Sophie's Lucario merely stood watching Aaron's Vespiquen, which had surrounded itself with worker bees desperately trying to save their queen. The Vespiquen's skin had been drenched in an oozing purple slime, rolling back over any areas wiped clean by the bees and knocking them unconscious. Aaron shook his head and gestured to the judge. A forfeit.

"Vespiquen is unable to battle!" called the judge. "The victor of the match is Sophie and her Lucario!"

The crowd roared for the challenger, knowing now of her capabilities. All too often, a challenger would fall at the first hurdle, fail the first test. Now they knew she meant business. Now the Elite Four would display their full power.

"There will be a twenty minute intermission before the next battle," said the judge. "Challenger, please return to the resting area and make your preparations."

Sophie called her Pokémon back and descended the steps back into the tunnel. The match had gone even better than expected, Aaron's team putting up little resistance other than the Yanmega's slashing attacks. Confused had exceeded expectations that were already sky-high, the twenty minute rest well deserved.

"Sophie!"

Before she knew quite what was going on, Sophie had been wrapped in a running hug, catching her off balance and stumbling backwards.

"Susan?"

"Yup!" he said, grinning from ear to ear and hopping slightly up and down on the spot. "Heard you reached here before me, thought I'd say hello before you become Champion."

"I've only won one fight, and it was the easiest of fi-"

"Yeah, yeah. You'll beat the Champion, I know you will."

He paused for dramatic effect.

"But I know I'll be beating you right after."

Sophie couldn't help but laugh.

"We'll see about that," she said, giving him a quick wink before settling herself down on the bench she had sat on before. "Who do I battle next, anyway?"

"Bertha, I think. I saw her battle once, on TV. Her Rhyperior completely destroyed some guy's Poliwrath and Exeggutor. Type disadvantages don't really seem to worry her."

"Right. I'll be okay, I think. We've handled worse than a Rhyperior before, no problem. I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve."

"No doubt," he grinned. "Anyway, gotta run. Parents are heading over and I need to meet them outside."

"Your parents or mine?"

"Both."

And with that he was out of the door, leaving Sophie once again on her own.

--------

Gliscor swooped up, bringing its stinging tail into the soft underbelly of the Kricketune and taking a blow to the wing in return, prompting gasps from the crowd. The two Pokémon had become entangled in combat, seeming to be evenly matched, both holding their own against their opponent. Strikes were exchanged between the two, but it was clearly mere sparring.

The Gliscor spotted an opening, dashing in for a bite with fangs bared. Kricketune slashed up with one blade to deflect the attack, sending its opponent spinning through the air and following it up with a headbutt to the scorpion's abdomen. Gliscor, caught off guard, crashed into the ground, unable to catch itself.

A second passed. Perhaps two.

"Gliscor is unabl-" called the judge, before being drowned out by the roar of the crowd. Bertha accepted the ruling with grace, calling her Pokémon back to her side. She wouldn't admit it, certainly not on live television at any rate, but she had underestimated her opponent. Certainly she hadn't expected a Kricketune to prove such trouble, opting to hold back her strongest Pokémon until the end of the fight. But now she was forced to play her last card, the ace in the hole.

"Our next matchup is Sophie's Kricketune versus Bertha's Rhyperior! Contestants, please resume battle whenever you are ready."

Sophie still wasn't quite used to the formal proceedings of the Elite Four battles. Certainly it was a far cry from her battle against Candice, which had practically been all-out war. This was much more controlled, with guards posted around the entire perimeter ready to step in if something went wrong.

Bertha called her Pokémon out, stroking its arm once before ushering it forward. The Rhyperior completely dwarfed Fiddle, Sophie's Kricketune, towering above its surroundings. This was a Pokémon that expected itself to be taken seriously.

She gave the ready signal. Fiddle had had time enough to rest. Time enough to end this fight.

Rhyperior went straight onto the offensive, taking aim briefly with its hand before firing a boulder from the hole in the centre of its palm. Fiddle was forced to tumble sideways to avoid the attack, the rock barely grazing against its head. Half a second later and he would have been gone.

"Fiddle, dive in towards it!" called Sophie, cringing from how close her Pokémon had come to serious injury. She was fighting an uphill battle with this matchup and she knew it. Her Kricketune's only advantages were speed and mobility; might as well use them.

Fiddle slashed down with its blades, driving the points into a crack between Rhyperior's plates. A small chip flaked off, but the Rhyperior barely seemed to notice the damage, flicking its head up at its opponent and swatting it aside with its fierce horn. Fiddle hit the ground hard, rolling over four times before finally coming to rest.

"Fiddle!" cried Sophie, but the call was lost in the cacophony. Bertha didn't need to wait for the judge's ruling, waving at her fans with a gentle smile across her face. Kricketune had been no match.

Sophie wasn't down and out yet. The score was still four-to-one, her favour. Certainly no need to worry just yet, though she hadn't quite managed a perfect sweep this time. Perhaps she ought not to be so cocky when battling in front of this many people for the title of Sinnoh Champion.

She selected a Poké Ball, holding it up to indicate she was ready to resume the battle. Fiddle may not have won his last matchup of the fight, but he'd certainly weakened the opponent enough for Oldie to have a good chance of finishing it off. Her Rampardos appeared in front of her and the two Pokémon sized each other up. Rhyperior stood still taller and had its plating to bulk it up, but Rampardos seemed more ferocious, more agile. It could go either way.

The judge began the battle, but the pair remained glaring at each other, daring the other to strike first. They rotated slowly around the arena, waiting for the right moment. The crowd fell silent. Tense.

A pin dropped and the charge began, the two stampeding toward each other with horns poised to strike. Sophie and Bertha both flinched as they collided, whipping around each other and landing sideways in the dust. Rampardos was first to recover, taking advantage of its opponent's slow uptake by pinning it in place with one foot.

Rhyperior growled and swung an arm around, firing a rock into Rampardos' chest. The surprise attack gave Rhyperior enough momentum to crash forward with its horn, driving it into the sole of Oldie's foot and out the other side. Red liquid gushed from the wound, mixing with the grey and brown. Oldie gave an anguished howl, lashing out with a claw to bat the Rhyperior away before collapsing backwards into the ground.

The judge was peering down at Sophie, clearly awaiting a decision. She could push on, but it felt unwise; strong as Oldie may be, he was a frail old man at heart and the injury was too severe to warrant continuing. She made a T shape with her hands - time out.

She hesitated a moment, then ran out to her Pokémon, pulling a few items from her bag. She was no doctor, but she'd be able to patch him up until she could get him to a Pokémon Centre for proper treatment. Rampardos was finding it difficult to hold himself still as she applied a disinfectant spray to each side of the wound, but he did his best to fight off the waves of pain. She wrapped a bandage around his foot, securing a pad in place to help stop the bleeding before calling him back to his Poké Ball and handing it to a paramedic that had appeared at her side.

"Rampardos is unable to battle," said the judge, his usual vigour somewhat dampened. Pokémon fights were a spectacle to behold, but bloodshed was never a desirable outcome. He took a moment to compose himself before announcing the next matchup - Sophie had selected Purify, her Medicham.

"Contestants, please begin whenever you are ready."

She sent her Pokémon out, again massively dwarfed by her opponent's Rhyperior. But it had begun to tire from the repeated fights, resting on all fours during the short interval before once more rearing onto its hind legs, awaiting its owner's signal to begin.

"Purify, Brick Break!"

No point in being subtle about it; now was the time for action if Sophie ever wanted to win this fight. Holding back would give Rhyperior time to recover from the clash with Oldie, and his sacrifice could not be taken in vain. Her Medicham struck before Rhyperior could react, delivering a powerful blow into its chest. The impact forced him back several feet, its stubby claws scrabbling for grip on the dusty ground.

Purify remained poised, prepared for the return strike. It came in the form of two boulders fired from the Rhyperior's palms, the left a fraction of a second before the right aimed directly at Medicham's head. He side-stepped the first and brought its powerful legs up to deflect the second, sending it spinning into the crowd.

The attack had given Rhyperior the respite it needed, coming within range with its deadly horn and jabbing at Medicham, meeting only thin air. It looked around itself with fury, sweeping its rocky tail to cover all angles, but found nothing.

And then it struck, a lightning bolt from above crushing Rhyperior to the floor. The protective plates on its head had cracked into two from the blow, the fleshy interior exposed to attack. Medicham withdrew its hand from where it had struck, as deadly as any blade or boulder. Rhyperior made no attempt to dislodge its opponent from its perch, breathing hard and heavy but clearly unable to go on.

"Rhyperior is unable to battle! The victor of the match is Sophie!"

Sophie wasn't quite sure what happened after that moment until she had sneaked from the waiting area into the Pokémon Centre to check on Oldie. The nurse had been reluctant to let her into the room where he was being kept, but eventually gave in and allowed her through the white double doors into the hospital area. Her Rampardos had somehow been secured into place on a large platform suspended into the centre of the room, three doctors huddled around its foot. Sophie couldn't imagine how they took care of the larger Pokémon out there; Rampardos barely fit onto the platform as it was. She briefly amused herself with a mental picture of the team of doctors attempting to push a Wailord through the tiny double doors before reminding herself of the seriousness of the situation.

She didn't announce her presence; the doctors were fastening something in place over Rampardos' foot and she didn't want to put them off at this stage of the operation. Eventually, one of them turned to face her, pulling a surgical mask down underneath his chin.

"We think he'll be just fine," he said, the flush of relief overcoming Sophie for the slightest of moments. "But I also think you should leave him with us for the rest of the day."

Sophie began to protest, then thought better of it. He had done his part tonight. And he needed his rest, after all.

"When will I be able to collect him?"

"Tomorrow morning, I should think. If he comes through this well enough, we may even give the thumbs up for him participating in the Champion battle that evening, should you reach that far."

"I will do," she assured him, and left. She briefly considered attempting to find her parents, but she'd been away long enough. Her next battle would be soon. Two more, then twenty-four hours rest before the final showdown would take place. She would make it that far. For Oldie's sake, and for her own.

Don't you worry about Oldie. I daresay he'll be making a return very soon...

These first two fights have been very interesting for me, especially the first. I used some very esoteric tactics against Aaron; after boosting Confused to max Attack, Defence, Special Defence and Evasion with a combination of Swords Dance, Double Team and X items, I swept his team easily until I reached Vespiquen. Even at +6 Attack, Rock Smash did next to nothing, and given Vespiquen's Pressure I didn't want to waste PP. So instead of that, I hit it with Toxic and stalled it out by repeatedly throwing Poké Balls. It was desperately trying to save itself by spamming Heal Order, but eventually the Toxic damage overcame that and I'd only spent 2 PP in the process.

I swept Bertha with Fiddle using similar X item tactics to avoid being demolished by various coverage moves while satisfying Fiddle's requirement to solo four E4 Pokémon. Tweaked the story a little because frankly, the idea of a Kricketune defeating a Rhyperior still seems too far-fetched even for this. >.>

Stay tuned for Part 2, which may or may not also feature the Champion battle depending on how long it becomes. I'll save the team update for after that. I've had a lot of fun writing this, and I hope it shows!

Confused SWEPT that bug under the rug!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!

Edit: Also, I still need one more mon for my 1000 post scramble!!

EDIT 2: I can allow for a person who has already given me a Scramblemon the chance to make me another. If someone else who has not already given me a mon gives me a mon, I'll take theirs instead.

After lots of discussion, thoughts, and rages, I must regretfully decline Stupid the Shuckle. Resh, nothing against you, and the challange was very well thought out, but it's a freakin' Shuckle, and it's a pain in the dick even without it being brain-dead. :L Alright, now, with that being said, I still need one final Pokémon for my HG Scramble. Try not to mix types, and give me some personality. And please, for the love of freaking God, no IQ Challanges, or I will not hesitate to decline it. :|

StallMandibuzz, catch yourself a Mareep and name him Sparkplug.
This Mareep can't generate enough power to use Electric-type attacks consistently, so he can only use STAB attacks if:
1) He used Charge the turn before OR 2) The attack has full PP

Also, if Static ever activates, he uses up his full charge of electricity through his ability, and cannot use STAB moves for the remainder of the battle, or until he is KOed.

He must solo every trainer in a gym (not including the gym leader) to evolve, and must solo every trainer in a gym (including the gym leader) to evolve a second time.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)