Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Use simple logic! If you're aiming for 63 but your hit 64, then just advance to frame 62 next time.
Alright thanks. I just find it incredibly difficult to hit a seed on 3DS so I want to do it right. Out of 1 hour's worth of tries over the weekend I was off by a delay of 2 twice but that's the closest I came.

I'm trying to RNG a wild Ralts in Platinum (still). My target delay is 651, and my seed is B10A0297.
I calibrated my timer properly, but I get inconsistent delays. I can get as close as a delay of 649, but the seconds is incorrect and then I'll get a delay like 720-something afterward (with the seconds still being incorrect).

My calibrated seconds is 15, but I'm ending up with an average of 12.

What's going wrong? >.<

I'm trying to RNG a wild Ralts in Platinum (still). My target delay is 651, and my seed is B10A0297.
I calibrated my timer properly, but I get inconsistent delays. I can get as close as a delay of 649, but the seconds is incorrect and then I'll get a delay like 720-something afterward (with the seconds still being incorrect).

My calibrated seconds is 15, but I'm ending up with an average of 12.

What's going wrong? >.<
If you're using a timer change the +/- seconds to 0 as you'll rarely(99.9999%)miss, only happens to me with like 2 days no sleep and even then it's rare.

Rng reporter displays the coin flips for the earliest possible result(in your case you are probably set at +/- 3 so 12) as the flips tend to coincide for the same delay regardless of seconds hit.

Good news is you've hit 649 with 15 seconds a few times so just keep at it and you'll have that ralts in no time.

It's taking me a week to rng in victory road. Are there wandering npcs, my results in the rng reporter coin flips (im using platinum by the way) are all so random. Sigh, i don't think i will be taking any more capture projects with this burden. I can't even switch odd/even delays correctly. I hate flashcart, so unpredictable now.

I don't think npcs actually affect coin flipping
ohh. I'm switching the "changing odd/even delays" by changing adding 1 to the year or inserting/removing gba cart, but i keep hitting something far from my target. Is the idea supposed to be that when i either insert/remove gba or add 1 to the year that when i look for what im hitting i should just search for results that are only either odd or even depending on what delay i changed.

Is there anything special to Headbutt abuse that I should know before trying?
Not really, just save in front of the tree with Pokemon in it and hit your seed. Then advance to your target frame and headbutt (9.95 accounts for the advances from headbutting, so just advance directly to the frame with your target IVs/Nature/etc). The only problem is the encounter slots, they aren't mapped and I heard they're slightly different for every tree (even ones in the same area).

If you're using a timer change the +/- seconds to 0 as you'll rarely(99.9999%)miss, only happens to me with like 2 days no sleep and even then it's rare.

Rng reporter displays the coin flips for the earliest possible result(in your case you are probably set at +/- 3 so 12) as the flips tend to coincide for the same delay regardless of seconds hit.

Good news is you've hit 649 with 15 seconds a few times so just keep at it and you'll have that ralts in no time.
I managed to get it, thank you!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Not really, just save in front of the tree with Pokemon in it and hit your seed. Then advance to your target frame and headbutt (9.95 accounts for the advances from headbutting, so just advance directly to the frame with your target IVs/Nature/etc). The only problem is the encounter slots, they aren't mapped and I heard they're slightly different for every tree (even ones in the same area).
To that add that not all trees produce pokemon so check if the tree you saved in front of will or not yield a poke

To that add that not all trees produce pokemon so check if the tree you saved in front of will or not yield a poke

Okay so adding to this, what's Heracross encounter slot? I know they are sort of random, but has anyone else had success RNG him too on a particular tree? Like by Kurt's house, and etc. Just trying to save myself some time :P.

Okay so adding to this, what's Heracross encounter slot? I know they are sort of random, but has anyone else had success RNG him too on a particular tree? Like by Kurt's house, and etc. Just trying to save myself some time :P.
There appears to be a bit of debate over this but from my experience slots aren't really random, they're just not mapped.
Anyways take a look at Psypokes for percentages and use those to figure out some slots that might work, just remember that 0=common and 5=rare, I think there is something listing which percentages=which slots but I don't have the link on me.

Sweet Scent with a Pokemon Following (SS)

I'm considering RNGing a gastly in Sprout Tower. I've read on one guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78139) that sweet scent frame advancements are inconsistent when a pokemon is behind you (and you can't get on your bike inside). I'm curious what precisely is meant by "inconsistent."

Let's say I hit my seed and advance up to where an advancement of 1 is needed. Let's imagine sweet scent advances more than needed, perhaps advancing by 2. If I hit my seed again and then stopped a frame short and then sweet scented, would I be sure that I hit my frame? Or does this "inconsistency" mean that I could get different frame advancements depending upon which frame I'm on (such that I get an advancement of 1 when I need 2). In other words, does this inconsistency mean it is possible to get a situation where it is impossible to hit your desired frame because it either advances by 1, or 2, at precisely the wrong frames?

There appears to be a bit of debate over this but from my experience slots aren't really random, they're just not mapped.
Anyways take a look at Psypokes for percentages and use those to figure out some slots that might work, just remember that 0=common and 5=rare, I think there is something listing which percentages=which slots but I don't have the link on me.
Thanks for the info. I ended up doing a trial and error and found Heracross is ES 0. Made things pretty easy.

Don't know what to say exactly :s other than to change the year.....you're using eontimer right? =/
Yes i'm using eontimer. I tried changing the year before and it worked. I don't know why it doesn't appear to be working now, maybe i just need to practice my reflexes in hitting my target delay. :/ I keep getting seconds that are off, like my target is 50, i get 42, 44, 46, 49. D:

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm considering RNGing a gastly in Sprout Tower. I've read on one guide (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78139) that sweet scent frame advancements are inconsistent when a pokemon is behind you (and you can't get on your bike inside). I'm curious what precisely is meant by "inconsistent."

Let's say I hit my seed and advance up to where an advancement of 1 is needed. Let's imagine sweet scent advances more than needed, perhaps advancing by 2. If I hit my seed again and then stopped a frame short and then sweet scented, would I be sure that I hit my frame? Or does this "inconsistency" mean that I could get different frame advancements depending upon which frame I'm on (such that I get an advancement of 1 when I need 2). In other words, does this inconsistency mean it is possible to get a situation where it is impossible to hit your desired frame because it either advances by 1, or 2, at precisely the wrong frames?
Not sure if it's true or not but there's a way around it,just to be safe. Go up or down the stairs and save without moving,when you restart your game there will be no pokemon following you, and sweet scenting will be as always. Again,not sure if the pokemon indeed makes sweet scenting erraneous or not but better safe than sorry.

@ mac: darling, make your searching range for seconds not greater than +-0 and delays +-99. Your reflexes can't be that bad

It's taking me a week to rng in victory road. Are there wandering npcs, my results in the rng reporter coin flips (im using platinum by the way) are all so random. Sigh, i don't think i will be taking any more capture projects with this burden. I can't even switch odd/even delays correctly. I hate flashcart, so unpredictable now.
ohh. I'm switching the "changing odd/even delays" by changing adding 1 to the year or inserting/removing gba cart, but i keep hitting something far from my target. Is the idea supposed to be that when i either insert/remove gba or add 1 to the year that when i look for what im hitting i should just search for results that are only either odd or even depending on what delay i changed.
well my wanted delay is 6308. I get 6300-6400 range. I adjust my delay, but it keeps hitting odd when im going for an even delay.
Yes i'm using eontimer. I tried changing the year before and it worked. I don't know why it doesn't appear to be working now, maybe i just need to practice my reflexes in hitting my target delay. :/ I keep getting seconds that are off, like my target is 50, i get 42, 44, 46, 49. D:
If you're on DPPt, follow the below. As far as the even/odd box never check it...ever. Don't mess with gba games, changing the year is the best approach. As far as flashcarts, if it's anything like starting the game with an AR maybe doing a trial run(or 2) to get a calibrated delay and work from there.

If it's HGSS, how are you verify the dealy? We'll go from there if it's none of the above. I'm sure it's something small just being overlooked

Not sure if it's true or not but there's a way around it,just to be safe. Go up or down the stairs and save without moving,when you restart your game there will be no pokemon following you, and sweet scenting will be as always. Again,not sure if the pokemon indeed makes sweet scenting erraneous or not but better safe than sorry.

@ mac: darling, make your searching range for seconds not greater than +-0 and delays +-99. Your reflexes can't be that bad
Thanks Cereza! I've also been trying to RNG while surfing and I can never seem to find the seed I'm hitting, even when I increase the delay range, or unless I increase the seconds range massively. Do you know why this might be?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Thanks Cereza! I've also been trying to RNG while surfing and I can never seem to find the seed I'm hitting, even when I increase the delay range, or unless I increase the seconds range massively. Do you know why this might be?
Is that sweet scenting or fishing? Don't increase the seconds range by that much, most of the time is something else. Could you post screen shots of how your reporter is set up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)