Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm... I wonder what the Kyurems will learn when they hit Level 100... It probably isn't Ice Burn/Freeze Shock, since the way they are advertizing it, they will probably be present when you catch them.

Maybe a "special upgrade" to them that triggers whenever they are at Lv100? Like, less charge up...

Dreaming is fun, but Kyurem getting something at Lv100 would make sense, as weak Kyurem was missing a Lv100 when R/Z weren't, and I doubt that IB/FS will be Lv100 moves...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The uniforms dropped 20 episodes into the series, the "operative" that just plays a tune he likes and the easter egg grunt that completely gave up trying to rebuild Team Rocket.

Hints indeed
I stand corrected. Had a massive mind block trying to remember the word "employee" as well.

Also, repeating this so the chance of people reading it is slightly higher:

No, they're actual police officers. Check the one east of Nimbasa City
Great observation.

perhaps the new villains are a merger of aqua and magma. freezing the world is a kind of compromise between flooding and drying up.

perhaps n becomes a "good guy" and joins forces with the bw character with their dragons to sort kyurem the fuck out.
How is freezing the world a compromise? Do you even know what either of their goals were? One team wanted to expand the oceans, and the other team wanted to expand the land. I don't see how icing everything furthers either of their goals whatsoever.

Maybe if it's some kinda offshoot but... No.

Anyone else think the Male Protagonist looks like a girl? The hair killed it for me -_-
Yeah, I thought he looked a bit lesbian in his VS shot.

I stand corrected. Had a massive mind block trying to remember the word "employee" as well.

Great observation.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were ex-Plasma members, though.
A lot of them seemed to want to reform, and becoming police would be a neat way of redemption.

Or the Unova police force is just full of red heads, ha ha.

Great observation.
I used to think they were TR grunts, too. Someone told me they were police officers and the one east of Nimbasa City came to mind.

Well, I'm not sure Heatran would like a Turboblaze Flamethrower.

EDIT-- 130 Base SAtk 252 EV Specs Modest Kyurem's Flamethrower vs. 248/100 Calm Heatran: 34.8% - 41%

Derp.
Flash Fire makes this kind of pointless.

Edit: Just read Turboblaze in the quote. But if that's not ability the calcs pointless anyway. And I assume Focus Blast does a noticeable amount more?

Soo from what i can see the bad guys in this game are the gestapo, who froze over half of a continent? I still cant see why the entire of eastern unova is gone, the game was short enough already. Also on PO do we get to use the changes before the games even get release outside of japan?

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Edit: Just read Turboblaze in the quote. But if that's not ability the calcs pointless anyway. And I assume Focus Blast does a noticeable amount more?
Focus Blast does do quite a bit more, but Flamethrower/Fire Blast is much more reliable than Focus Blast.
Soo from what i can see the bad guys in this game are the gestapo, who froze over half of a continent? I still cant see why the entire of eastern unova is gone, the game was short enough already. Also on PO do we get to use the changes before the games even get release outside of japan?
Isn't the ice fake? And yes, on PO we get the changes right away when the games come out in Japan.

Again, Unova is not frozen over. It's mearly covering of the map. Most likely it's to hide some of those map changes many people have already noted. I would give a small chance to something actually happening relating to Unova freezing over. More than likely they're taking the Ice from Kyurem, as the main focus of the game (just in different, still ice, forms) and using that to cover the changes.

Focus Blast does do quite a bit more, but Flamethrower/Fire Blast is much more reliable than Focus Blast.

Isn't the ice fake? And yes, on PO we get the changes right away when the games come out in Japan.
Yes the ice is fake. See response to comment quoted above yours.

I won't deny the accuracy issue. But currently I was just talking about power. Because this could technically turn into a power vs. accuracy. Really it would be up to the player if they wanted to play the gamble for the potential pay off.

How is freezing the world a compromise? Do you even know what either of their goals were? One team wanted to expand the oceans, and the other team wanted to expand the land. I don't see how icing everything furthers either of their goals whatsoever.

well ice is a little bit like land, and a little bit like water.

lol. and i was taking the piss, btw.

Forget Focus Blast, Kyurem's getting Earthquake as a TM. HEATRAN AND TYRANITAR SOLVED
That will certainly help, but he still requires rapid spin support. He might be able to move into a hard hitting bulky role with better coverage, but he's still not going to dominate with his middling speed and lack of +2 or better boosting move. Scarf might become popular for a scary late game cleaner-upper or revenge killer.

Eh I don't see many reasons to use it over MoxieMence with Scarf. Sub + 3 attacks is its best set now and it looks like, if it gets Flamethrower and EQ, that will still be the case. Flamethrower / EQ / Dragon Pulse would hurt like heck, even though you'd need to lower its Defense stat.

Kyurem getting Earthquake would be great, even more if Zekrom and Reshiram get it as well. Seriously, give the heavy as hell dragons EQ already. I'm honestly more worried about Black Kyurem's movepool over White Kyurem's since Kyurem as a whole has a shitty Physical movepool. No physical ground and/or fighting coverage move, viable physical Ice move, no nothing. At least White Kyurem/Old Kyurem can manage with just fine with the moves it got already.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

But that was the point, giving up on Focus Blast for Tyranitar and Heatran and going with Flamethrower instead to have a more reliable move against Steelmons !__!

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You see, you don't have to give up Focus Blast for those two, since they're extremely common and will make Kyurem's life hell without the necessary coverage. A set of Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast/Sub or whatever covers everything relevant save for Chansey and Blissey.

But now he is outclassed by Hydreigon. ;_;

The only way I can see this getting better is if the moves of Zekrom and Reshiram are reverse transferable to Kyurem. So then we'd be dealing with Bolt Strike/Blue Flare Kyurem instead of 'pussy Scarf Kyurem that only appears on Hail teams'.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, those videos were posted a few days ago on filb.de and in this thread after they aired on Pokemon Smash. They are official videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)