Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is that sweet scenting or fishing? Don't increase the seconds range by that much, most of the time is something else. Could you post screen shots of how your reporter is set up?
Sweet scenting. When I have to expand my seconds I know something's up cause I'm rarely even one second off.

Here's the seed information:

http://postimage.org/image/d9mi9o5sx/

Here's additional information I record:

http://postimage.org/image/qozvodswn/

My EonTimer is on a target second of 5, a target delay of 5375, and I'm using a calibrated delay of 432 which I have been relatively successful with. For the record, I tried hitting this seed with a different time yesterday and hit the same seed four times (not the same as the one in the spreadsheet), but it wasn't found either. I was too lazy/tired to make a spreadsheet for that one.

Sweet scenting. When I have to expand my seconds I know something's up cause I'm rarely even one second off.

Here's the seed information:

http://postimage.org/image/d9mi9o5sx/

Here's additional information I record:

http://postimage.org/image/qozvodswn/

My EonTimer is on a target second of 5, a target delay of 5375, and I'm using a calibrated delay of 432 which I have been relatively successful with. For the record, I tried hitting this seed with a different time yesterday and hit the same seed four times (not the same as the one in the spreadsheet), but it wasn't found either. I was too lazy/tired to make a spreadsheet for that one.
I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but what I would do is either catch/KO your roamers or remove their locations from Seed to Time and try again.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but what I would do is either catch/KO your roamers or remove their locations from Seed to Time and try again.
Removing the roamers' locations from Seed to Time, I did a search with large delays. If the roamers caused a single frame skip, the call I got would be consistent with a seconds value of 4 and a delay of 5986 - which is quite implausible.

For further information/clarification: I am surfing in Dark Cave (Violet City-side) and attempting to RNG Magikarp by sweet scent (which possesses each and every encounter slot in the cave). I have also used flash in the cave. Is it worth trying to "RNG in the dark" (get it?)

Have you tried using the roamers to confirm your seed instead? Everything else looks good =$
Not familiar with that method, I'll look it up. However, I just don't understand why Irwin calls won't work - they haven't failed me before :(

Edit: I've looked it up, doesn't look bad at all, I'll try it.

Edit 2: Ran the seed a couple more times, Roamer first, then did calls, no dice either way, am I just cursed?

Just remembered this is a synch seed, and I didn't have my synchronizer at the front. Regardless, pokemon positioning only chances the nature of pokemon encountered, it shouldn't affect my calls or roamers right?

Just remembered this is a synch seed, and I didn't have my synchronizer at the front. Regardless, pokemon positioning only chances the nature of pokemon encountered, it shouldn't affect my calls or roamers right?
Yeah, it shouldn't do anything to your calls/roamers. My final guess is that Flash is messing with the RNG somehow (but I would think that this would have already been discovered) or roamers are really messing with you. But you have been successful with roamers out before, haven't you? It doesn't really make sense x.x

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Give your brain a break xD. Seriously , let your head take a rest and work on it tomorrow. I could be something really obvious you're missing but you won't realized with a heated head. Start anew tomorrow and you'll probably see what you're doing wrong.

If you don't mind can you post the calls you are getting currently. Taking a break is a good idea none the less though.

EDIT: Also assuming this is a retail cart and not flash cart(and really not an emu as timers are un neeeded).

EDIT 2: A screen shot of your timer would be great as well, to make sure there are no kinks there.

Give your brain a break xD. Seriously , let your head take a rest and work on it tomorrow. I could be something really obvious you're missing but you won't realized with a heated head. Start anew tomorrow and you'll probably see what you're doing wrong.
Haha that's good advice, but there's no rest for the wicked. I'll just RNG other things until we get any bright ideas.

@PoJ - I tried without flash, it's not the problem. I guess its the roamers, but who knows? I just RNGd the gastly I was talking about earlier with ease, so the roamers certainly aren't a consistent issue. Later I might see if I have the problem anytime I surf.

@Zoap - aah I only just saw your post! I gave up on Magikarp for the time being and deleted my spreadsheet out of spite, I will probably try again tomorrow and will post detailed results for you if I continue having problems.

Alright, the big thing is a picture of your timer, and if you could, even if you get the wrong calls just continue to about 12 or so as it makes finding what frame you might of hit a lot easier.

I came up with 4 possibilities given the old calls you gave, that you could of hit on the seconds 5(which is probable assuming everything with your timer is correct, which because you just did the gastly is probably correct).

All of them seem pretty odd but without the extra calls to help me distinguish which one it could be, no real way of knowing.

EDIT: And after those 12 wrong calls, catching the pokemon(Magikarp lol) and giving me the stats/nature/characteristic(so you don't have to waste your time with IV checking) or IV's if you prefer would be great(Helps double check the calls).

Of course now that I say this, you'll probably hit it first try no problems whatsoever lol.

Alright, the big thing is a picture of your timer, and if you could, even if you get the wrong calls just continue to about 12 or so as it makes finding what frame you might of hit a lot easier.

I came up with 4 possibilities given the old calls you gave, that you could of hit on the seconds 5(which is probable assuming everything with your timer is correct, which because you just did the gastly is probably correct).

All of them seem pretty odd but without the extra calls to help me distinguish which one it could be, no real way of knowing.

EDIT: And after those 12 wrong calls, catching the pokemon(Magikarp lol) and giving me the stats/nature/characteristic(so you don't have to waste your time with IV checking) or IV's if you prefer would be great(Helps double check the calls).

Of course now that I say this, you'll probably hit it first try no problems whatsoever lol.
You would just like a picture of my timer before it starts?

I will do the calls and get you the info about characteristics/nature/stats, and if you want, I can also give you an IV range (I've only beaten six gyms and only have so many rare candies to IV calc with).

Yea before it starts just to verify everything is correctly inputted(I once spent half a day RNGing a wild poke because I put 45 in my target seconds, which I normally use, instead of the 50 seconds I was supposed to.

IV' ranges work great, just don't save afterwards, I'd hate for you to waste your rare candies that way.

Yea before it starts just to verify everything is correctly inputted(I once spent half a day RNGing a wild poke because I put 45 in my target seconds, which I normally use, instead of the 50 seconds I was supposed to.

IV' ranges work great, just don't save afterwards, I'd hate for you to waste your rare candies that way.
Great news, but purely inexplicable. I just tried to switch things up a little bit. I entered the cave from Violet City-side, went into the deeper part, came back out, and then surfed again. I saved, aimed for the same delay/seed I've been going for, and I hit it on my first try!

Edit: again, thanks PoJ, Cereza, and Zoap for all your time and help.

Lol thats the way it goes I guess, another mystery solved(but not really). Glad you got it though after so much trouble.

I've got this low delay of 395, and I had to adjust my calibrated seconds in eontimer to make it so that I can hit. (either 16-18 seconds) But whenever I match up elm calls, I get 'no match' in RNG Reporter every time. My seed is A30D0196, and I'm using it to catch a Timid non-HP Fire Latios in Pewter City in HeartGold.

I'm pretty sure(99.9%) that 395 is impossible to hit even if you mash in game. Also without the calls you are getting there is no way to tell what delay you are hitting.

Aim for a higher delay(over 450 at least) and post what calls you are getting.

I've got this low delay of 395, and I had to adjust my calibrated seconds in eontimer to make it so that I can hit. (either 16-18 seconds) But whenever I match up elm calls, I get 'no match' in RNG Reporter every time. My seed is A30D0196, and I'm using it to catch a Timid non-HP Fire Latios in Pewter City in HeartGold.
Yeah I agree with Zoap go with a higher delay, You cannot hit a delay that low, Quite honestly hitting a high delay might be better since you can get a lower frame and you do not have to keep mashing A till your finger hurts.

If you're on DPPt, follow the below. As far as the even/odd box never check it...ever. Don't mess with gba games, changing the year is the best approach. As far as flashcarts, if it's anything like starting the game with an AR maybe doing a trial run(or 2) to get a calibrated delay and work from there.

If it's HGSS, how are you verify the dealy? We'll go from there if it's none of the above. I'm sure it's something small just being overlooked
All right thanks. Well, before i haven't got any problems hitting my delays. Yes i agree maybe i'm just missing a few seconds or something.

I didn't know where exactly to ask this, but I guess here'll do.

Will 9.96 definitely support Emerald egg PID abuse?

Will RNGing on retail Colosseum and/or XD discs ever be possible?

In Platinum, I'm trying to RNG a Calm Heatran with a seed of 5D000242, aiming for a frame of 18. My delay is 567. I always miss it by a huge amount, getting either 490, or 537 (with a completely different time too). What am I doing wrong?

In Platinum, I'm trying to RNG a Calm Heatran with a seed of 5D000242, aiming for a frame of 18. My delay is 567. I always miss it by a huge amount, getting either 490, or 537 (with a completely different time too). What am I doing wrong?

You're aiming too low again(at least without mashing). DPPt you should usually aim for 700+ as most people calibrate in high 500 low 600. HGSS is usually between 460-480ish.

So tl;dr pick a higher delay and you shouldn't have a problem.

Hi does anyone have any experience of bug catching contest in soulsilver.
I found a seed F90D0358 with pid A099DA7F frame 103 which with synchronize adamant lead using RNG 9.95 4th Gen TimeFinder should give me slot 8 30/31/30/20/30/31 scyther. So managed to glitch an abra with sweet scent (adamant nature) to hopefully get slot 8 scyther. I did roamer/elm calls to check hit seed ok and all seemed ok started frame 51 so did elm calls and checked elm calls again and matched up on frame 102 did 1 more elm call sweet-scented and ended up the metapod adamant nature. But the iv's appear to be jumped to frame 173 onwards with pid 7D0CC77F.
So my question is do i need a adamant synchronizer? Is there anyway to RNG in BCC with a synchronizer or should i try cute charm but looking at available cute charmers they all seemed to be 25%male/75%female and scyther, pinsir are 50%male-50%female so i'm not sure if that would work. Anyway sorry for waffling if anyone can help that would be great thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)