Desert Storm

Desert Storm

Hey Smogon, I'm a huge pokemon fan, though not very great in terms of wifi battles. However I've put together this team, and in my opinion its the best team I've ever personally come up with, and i'd like to share it with you all and hopefully get some feedback and make it even better :). So without further ado here's the team.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

First we have Tyranitar, a beastly Pokemon in his own right, made even better by his ability. Tyranitar is very important to this team for a very obvious reason, that is the fact that he can come in and set up a sandstorm. The sandstorm is very beneficial for me in that 4/6 pokemon don't tak damage from it, but that being said one of the major perks of having the weather is that the other team does not. The set itself is a very standard Special Defense set, and one that is designed to be able to handle many threats that the meta offers, including Fire types, as Tyranitar is one of the only pokemon on this team able to sponge a special fire attack

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Wish
Next we have Jirachi, who is one of my favorite competitve pokemon. Jirachi is here for a few reasons. One i just love what Jirachi brings in terms of utitily, with Thunder Wave and Iron Head being able to keep the opponent from attacking for possibly turns on end. Jirachi is also my main answer to both Ferrothorn and Forretress, being able to take them out with Fire Punch. Jirachi also acts as a wish passer, being able to pass very respectable 202 hp wishes along to my team, something that heals them all for at least half health.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Fling
- Earthquake
- Protect
Now by this point in my teambuilding process i had noticed two very related things. One, I had no reliable answer to fighting types yet and two, I had no physical wall. This is were Gliscor comes in. I'm pretty proud of this Gliscor set, and i feel it offers a lot to the team. Acrobatics and Earthquake are there for obvious reasons. Protect is there so that i can come in, protect and then get my toxic up to activate my poison heal. The final move is my favorite on the set, Fling. Given that after my Toxic Orb activates and Gliscor is poisoned it essentially becomes useless, Fling gives me an opportunity to not only get rid of it and double the power of Acrobatics, it also allows me to poison a potentially dangerous opponent.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
Starmie is my spinner, and also a very potent special attacker. This Starmie set not only allows me to clear my side of the field of pesky entry hazards, which can be a pain for any team, Starmie can also offensively check some of the tiers major threats, such as Heatran.

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Rotom Rotom Rotom. 6 choices but only 1 of them ever really sees the light of OU. Rotom-W hogs all of the limelight, leaving the rest of its siblings to fight in the lower tiers. However for this team i wanted to use something different from the norm, and as such i decided to incorperate Rotom-C instead of Rotom-W. In this team they would function in the same role, that is sponging Water type attacks, however Rotom-C has one major selling point over Rotom-W, and that is its ability to hit gastrodon for super effective damage without resorting to a hidden power.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
Terrakion is my revenge killer, and is a damned good one at that. Once a few pokemon are out of the way, its also very possible that he could pull off a sweep. theres honestly nothing special about his set, its just the standard Terrakion Choice Scarf set.

Anyways, that's my team. Thanks for reading :). Any and all criticisms are welcomed.​

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Wish

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Fling
- Earthquake
- Protect

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Hey there, your team is pretty cool, however, it's pretty weak to the Scizor/Rotom-W core, so you might want to use Defensive Celebi or Roserade to deal with them, and obviously they both need to HP fire to deal with Scizor. Other than that, your team is fine.

on gliscor, toxic>> fling. Fling only lets you toxic one pokemon, while toxic you can do it multiple times

So, so so weak to Landorus unfortunately. Scizor Wash looks difficult like someone else said. Just to expound on the Landorus thing, literally everything you have which can actually beat it 1v1 takes super effective damage from U-turn.

Probably the easiest fix you can make is Hippowdon > Tyranitar / Gliscor. That would make it actually very similar to an old team of mine iirc, except with different sets and a Stoutland in there somewhere. But yeah, Hippo doesn't completely remove the weaknesses, but it at least makes them very manageable. Using it in place of Tyranitar should free you up to use something else over Gliscor too.

Sorry this has been such a terrible rate :( Good luck though

I forgot to change starmie's ability. And i prefer fling to toxic as it makes acrobatics twice as powerful, making gliscor much more useful as an attacking pokemon. if i change tyranitar to hippodown what should i use over gliscor, or should i keep gliscor in there?

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there! Solid sandstorm team you got there but many people already pinpointed a huge weakness to Landorus. Your team is massively weak to Landorus considering that Scarf versions or Expert Belt, can easily ravage your team. Rotom-C seems to be your best switch-in to Landorus, but he gets hits super-effectively by U-turn which is the most used move by Landorus in order to gain momentum. And it is pretty obvious that Landorus packs HP Ice to deal with Gliscor. Expert Belt Landorus, similiarly has the advantage of fooling you and score a surprise KO on Gliscor or Rotom-C once he uses another move and reveals the Expert Belt. To solve this issue, my recommendation is to use a Physically Defensive Skarmory instead of Jirachi. Skarmory has the advantage of having a superb Defense stat allowing her to take any assault from Landorus while being still able to tank Outrages from Dragonite or Haxorus. Skarmory can also set up Spikes putting extra pressure on the oponent.

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird / Taunt
- Whirlwind

Your team seems to have a problem against Volt-Turn considering that Rotom-C is the only safe switch-in to Rotom-W, but once he gets scouted, Scizor poses a threat to Rotom-C. My suggestion is to change its EV spread to an OU Support set and use HP Fire instead of HP Ice to deal more easily with Volt-Turn.
Rotom-C @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 240 SAtk / 148 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split

To end with this rate, I believe that Stall is a huge problem for this team. Most of your pokemons can be easily walled by the appropiate pokemon and they can get phazed while hazard damage kills you slowly. Terrakion finds himself unable to muscle through Skarmory, Hippowdon, Gliscor and other walls, while your Special Attackers are dealt easily by Blissey or Chansey. My first suggestion is to run Recover instead of Ice Beam on Starmie and use a Life Orb instead of Leftovers. With this change, Starmie now becomes able to last more in the match and have more opportunities to spin away any hazards while the power boost from the Life Orb still makes Starmie a fearsome powerhouse. You will find yourself having an easier time, specially against Rain-stall teams who can´t reliably trap Starmie. For standard Stall teams, I believe that running a moveset of Taunt / Ice Fang / Earthquake / Swords Dance on Gliscor makes him the perfect stallbreaker considering that Skarmory fails to phaze him and with his superb Defense, he has an easier time setting up against those walls. I would not worry about the loss of Protect considering that if you opt to run Skarmory, you got 2 great physical walls to tank most of the powerful physical attacks in OU. If you choose to run Taunt on Skarmory, feel free to use Protect on Gliscor to scout the opponent´s moves considering that Skarmory can deal with opposing stall effectively with Taunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)