Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I can safely say that Levitate Pokémon will never get a DW ability, besides Bronzor / Bronzong, because they had Heat Proof and Levitate in D/P. They are the only Levitate Pokémon with a second ability, so you can't compare them.
Well, why did they give bronzong a second ability and everything else got nothing?? I think it's wrong that bronzor/bronzong were given special treatment (in the form of other abilities) and everything else was just ignored.

I thought the linearity of Unova was simply too boring. I mean, it was all "after doing X, you can keep going to point Y. Then you need to do Z to proceed."

There was always a glaringly obvious obstacle blocking your path. And the obstacle you first encountered was always the next one to be removed. Totally unlike R/B/Y, where you could go see Snorlax before you took on the third gym, but you would have to finish the fourth one before you could go further. Or yet better, R/S/E, where nothing prevented you from proceeding on from Mauville before even beating the third gym - except a stretch of water that you couldn't cross before you had taken on the fifth. Heck, hadn't Surf required the Balance Badge, you could have gone all the way to Fortree before beating the first gym.

The possibility is slim, but I still hope they fix this up a little in B/W2. Let you roam a little, instead of just clearing one section of the path ahead of you at the time. Let there be crossroads, not just a linear path with dead ends sticking out. Let you have to go back to proceed, sometimes. Pokémon games have always contained the element of "Before you can do B, you must do A", but in BW they took the concept to the extreme and shoved it right in your face.
I agree. BW2 needs a bit more freedom, BW was WAY to linear.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
BW is not linear, it's Final Fantasy XIII meets D/P's regional Dex meets G/S's pokémon distribution. 2.5 years after the Japanese release, I have three save files (Nuzlocke, original cart, NFE-only run) and I've beaten the E4 in only one of them (nevermind EXPLORING West Unova), because the game manages to have the worst in-game possible.

BW is not linear, it's Final Fantasy XIII meets D/P's regional Dex meets G/S's pokémon distribution. 2.5 years after the Japanese release, I have three save files (Nuzlocke, original cart, NFE-only run) and I've beaten the E4 in only one of them (nevermind EXPLORING West Unova), because the game manages to have the worst in-game possible.
Man whaaaat
BW has way better Pokemon distribution than GS
Once you get past Striaton, I mean. But it's not like the in-game selections are bad??

Choosing my teams as I played I kept agonizing over did I want this one or that one.

Mario With Lasers

Man whaaaat
BW has way better Pokemon distribution than GS
Once you get past Striaton, I mean. But it's not like the in-game selections are bad??

Choosing my teams as I played I kept agonizing over did I want this one or that one.
Ok fine, I exaggerated, nothing can be as bad as GS's distribution. But I won't change a word because fuck Unova until BW2.

There was always a glaringly obvious obstacle blocking your path. And the obstacle you first encountered was always the next one to be removed. Totally unlike R/B/Y, where you could go see Snorlax before you took on the third gym, but you would have to finish the fourth one before you could go further. Or yet better, R/S/E, where nothing prevented you from proceeding on from Mauville before even beating the third gym - except a stretch of water that you couldn't cross before you had taken on the fifth. Heck, hadn't Surf required the Balance Badge, you could have gone all the way to Fortree before beating the first gym.
I hate to be this guy, but this is bugging the shit out of me. The bold part is wrong. You don't NEED to beat Erika to get the Scope, rescue Mr. Fuji, then awaken the Fatkren. And you DO need to beat Wattson to use Rock Smash, necessary to head to the desert area thingy. You're thinking of Dewford, which is totally skippable.

I will say I hope some of the later-game mons like Durant or Druddigon get moved to at least mid game.
People might actually use Heatmor, then!
Another thing is they need to beef-up the wildmon's levels a few. Catching a level 26 Litwik when the majority of your team is mid-30s blows.

Here's some food for thought. Maybe they will introduce a move tutor in there. Because it's so annoying that I have to go to GEN 4 just to get a certain move like stealth rock, and then you have to get it to gen 5 and finnally you find out that you needed another move from gen 4....... it's one of those momments where I say this word "Fudge!!!!!!"

Mario With Lasers

I hate to be this guy, but this is bugging the shit out of me. The bold part is wrong. You don't NEED to beat Erika to get the Scope, rescue Mr. Fuji, then awaken the Fatkren. And you DO need to beat Wattson to use Rock Smash, necessary to head to the desert area thingy. You're thinking of Dewford, which is totally skippable.
If we had Surf, we could go all the way to Dewford, then Slateport, then Mauville, then Fortree.

I will say I hope some of the later-game mons like Durant or Druddigon get moved to at least mid game.
People might actually use Heatmor, then!
I won't bother much because now we'll have 300 pokémon before the E4. So, like, every route will be almost exploding with pokemans.

If we had Surf, we could go all the way to Dewford, then Slateport, then Mauville, then Fortree.

I won't bother much because now we'll have 300 pokémon before the E4. So, like, every route will be almost exploding with pokemans.
Not necessarily. BW Unova technically held well over 300 available Pokemon.
And this time we have additional routes

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Not necessarily. BW Unova technically held well over 300 available Pokemon.
And this time we have additional routes
They could go the HeartGold/SoulSilver route where like half the regional dex is unavailable until you beat the E4.

And yeah BW1 had a lot of local mons besides just the Unova dex, and also not counting the White Forest mons either.

breh

強いだね
If I counted correctly and serebii is accurate, ignoring DW mons, Unova already contains 464 mons, counting both black and white.

Notably, a large portion of this number (46 mons' worth of it) is legendary pokemon and starters.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
If I counted correctly and serebii is accurate, ignoring DW mons, Unova already contains 464 mons, counting both black and white.

Notably, a large portion of this number is legendary pokemon and starters.
I didn't realize that Gen 1-4 starters were available in B&W outside of the Dreamworld. Also the only legendaries available in B&W are Unova legendaries (three musketeers, three genies, three dragons. Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect don't really count).

Also how many of those are White Forest?

Surprised no one's talking about the AR searcher and Pokedex 3d Pro. AR searcher at least is something, as pokemon caught there can be imported to bw2. No thoughts on that? Not that there's much to go on I guess

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Surprised no one's talking about the AR searcher and Pokedex 3d Pro. AR searcher at least is something, as pokemon caught there can be imported to bw2.
Buh? News to me.

*edit* 300 Yen and 1500 Yen for stuff that ought to be free? No thanks.

I'll buy it anyway. The pokedex thing, anyway. Just the unova pokedex was so neat, having old faves on there too is just too cool to pass up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)