cookie needs your help

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
okay listen up, for the purposes of science I need a tool that allows me to add evolution stones and possibly new evolution methods in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. If you have any experience with this kind of shit hit me up, it will be well cool (hint: it's heavily related to this forum, if you're not aware of it already)! PM me if you're interested! This thread is NOT about the ROMs. Do not talk about them on this forum. We are also balls-deep in making sprites for this thing, so if you would like to sprite for this project do let me know as well.

Googled around a bit and found this. IIRC you are changing every Pokemon, so using those same tools you should be able to edit other stones. For instance, if you aren't using the sun stone to evolve something else, then change the Pokemon you want to evolve with the new stone to evolve by sun stone, then edit the sun stone so that it is something else. I think that should work, not sure how to add completely new evolution methods though.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Googled around a bit and found this. IIRC you are changing every Pokemon, so using those same tools you should be able to edit other stones. For instance, if you aren't using the sun stone to evolve something else, then change the Pokemon you want to evolve with the new stone to evolve by sun stone, then edit the sun stone so that it is something else. I think that should work, not sure how to add completely new evolution methods though.
Way ahead of you: my intention is to add extra evolution stones beyond the six that exist in the game. Here is a thread where some guy goes into the code behind evolution. If anyone wants to have a go at making a tool for this it would come in useful I guess. It turns out that it's not as simple as assigning an arbitrary item to evolve something.

I've dabbled quite a bit in this stuff. I don't think there's a simple tool for it, it would require scripting and shit that few people really know how to do lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)