Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

You could make it so its entire pack was killed by poachers and it escaped by hiding under the dead body of its mother to scared to move or make a noise while poachers all around beat it family and friends to death and incinerated its home causing it to hate anybody and everybody. I just watched the human centipede im feeling dark

Ugh, I thought Stupid the Shuckle was bad. D: I ended up dropping it, but regardless. :| I have a feeling I'm going to seriously regret requesting an insanely difficult Platinum Scramble, since there are so many sadistic people in this thread. <_< Myself included, I guess, but mine aren't as horrible as some of your Challanges. O.o

EDIT: I am not taking requests at this time, I still have my HG Scramble and Black Scramblocke to work on and prose.

EDIT2: OMFG, that Human Centipede thing sounds horrible....

I'll be able to get on later on, and I'm going to be giving Arctic another Pokèmon sine no one is jumping to the challenge. :3 I'll edit it in a bit.

You could make it so its entire pack was killed by poachers and it escaped by hiding under the dead body of its mother to scared to move or make a noise while poachers all around beat it family and friends to death and incinerated its home causing it to hate anybody and everybody.
Heh, sounds good to me. I'll see what I end up getting when I actually write it; I often find myself planning a chapter, then going in a completely different direction once I'm writing. >.>

I just watched the human centipede im feeling dark
A reasonable excuse. I've never watched it myself, but I know more or less what happens. :p

Just posting to say that I am currently writing Chapter 7 of Ruby, and an old friend shows up that I referenced in the first chapter...

The chapter will be up by 9:30 EST. If I don't have it done by then, I will make it a two parter similar to Chapter 4, and Chapter 7.2 will be up Wednesday or Thursday.

EDIT: Chapter 7.1 is up!

I had to split it into a two parter because once again I wrote too much and ran out of time to write. In this extra talky episode, Skarm heads off on vacation to Dewford, but runs into a girl that he never expected to see...

Chapter 7.2 will be out tomorrow or Thursday, but I didn't want to just leave you guys with nothing for another day.

Hello, I'd like to start a Scramble for Red Version.

Accepted Pokemon

Buy Random the Magikarp and Evolve it ASAP. Once it Evolves, roll a die. What you get is what Level-Up move Random gets. (I got Tackle...)

Flip a coin: if heads - Strength, if tails - Surf. (I got Surf.)
Go to an RNG and input 21: the number that comes out will be Random's TM move. (for an example, if you get 12, teach it Thunderbolt) (I got Substitute. That means 308,000 Poke-Yen down the drain.)
The last move is your choice.
Solo Giovanni, (I assume you mean all three times.) your Rival's first and second non-Starter Pokemon, (Which means that I need to Evolve Random before I go to Nugget Bridge. Joy...) and Bruno. Have fun. :D
Naix, take a Bulbasaur and name it Physical. This Bulbasaur loves to get physical, and as such it can only use moves that are Physical as of Generation IV. You must not teach it any Status (or Special) moves, only Physical. However, it doesn't take it long for it to realize that its STAB moves are coming off its Special, not its Attack. As soon as it Evolves to Ivysaur, it can not use STAB attacks. (Meaning that it'll be walled by Rock-Types, of all things!) After it Evolves again, it makes the full transition to what's Physical and Special in Gen I, and can only use moves that come off his Attack.It's frustrated with how this has gimped him though, so have it Solo Erika to relieve its frustrations, (I assume that means I have to wait until Physical Evolves before fighting her.) and to help prove himself that it doesn't need pathetic Special STAB.

Naix, take YEAH!! the Tauros. This Tauros is very happy to be the King of RBY OU, so Solo every obtainable Pokemon in the Safari Zone, (Meaning he'll have to Solo Nidoran, both Male and Female, Exeggcute, Venonat, Rhyhorn, Paras, Doduo, Magikarp, Poliwag, Slowpoke, Psyduck, Goldeen, Krabby, Dratini, Dragonair, Nidorino, Nidorina, Parasect, Scyther, Pinsir, Tangela, Kangaskhan, Chansey, and Tauros.[The Italicised names mean they can't be obtained in the Red Version Safari Zone, which makes me unsure if I should Solo them, while the Underlined names mean that, for one reason or another, YEAH!! cannot Solo them]) without leaving to change it new moves. (I don't quite understand this.) He has heard the rumor that a team of 6 Tauros is unbeatable, so he thinks lowly of his teammates, which are obviously not Tauros, so He may never switch out under any circumstance. To unleash his full power, teach him Hyper Beam ASAP, and he must never forget it. (This means I'm going to have to waste 220,000 MORE Poke-Yen...) In order to use moves other that Hyper Beam, OHKO 10 Pokemon within 2 levels of him with it. After he does that, he can use other moves again, but their base power must be 90 or higher including STAB. (That's fine with me.) Finally, to prove his power to the world, Solo Lance.

First, GLHF finding a Chansey. Chansey wants to prove that it's not a typical Treadshot A1 Challenge, so she tries to make your life easy. However, in doing so, she fails miserably. Chansey knows that in Gen 1 recovery moves fail if you are at 255 or 511 HP below max. Therefore, she may never use a recovery move, for fear of having it fail. (I can live with that, I guess...) She must never fight Rock or Fighting Types, as she is at a type disadvantage. (I don't see why I would keep a CHANSEY of all things in against a Physical attacking Pokemon.) Also, she doesn't ever want to use a Status move, for the chance they would fail. Thus, Treadshot may not learn any status moves. (I assume this also applies to Stat-altering attacks as well...) She must also have at least 2 attacking moves, one of which must be Physical. Finally, Solo your Rival's Charizard, to prove that she is the ultimate special wall.
Reserved.

The Rules
  1. Medium-Hard difficulty
  2. No drudgery
  3. No Trading (unless it is to Evolve Pokemon)
  4. No insane Challenges (Vanguard, Stupid, etc.)
  5. It ends after I defeat the Pokemon League
  6. All Pokemon must be able to fully Evolve (at reasonable points in the game)
  7. No Level-related Restrictions
  8. Keep boss (Legendary, Rival, Gym Leader, Elite Four) Solos to a maximum of 3
Bring it on!

@Treadsot A1 (I'm not allowed to put a h in it)

I still need a whomp *hint hint* for my scramble
fine, i'll give you a whomp after i check what your scramble is being played on.

Naix, youll get a Pikachu from me. Take Civil, the Pikachu. This Pikachu is busy with trying to actually learn to control its electric powers. It has a certain strength, of that it is sure, but it can only use so much of it.

It's real strength is 100 BP. But when you catch it, it can only use 40BP. Solo 3 Pokemon, and you can use 45BP. Solo another 9 Pokemon, and use 50 BP. Solo another 22 Pokemon and use 55BP. Solo 9 more and it's 60 BP. Finally, solo 12 Pokemon and you can use moves up to 100 BP. In each of the solos you do, you must do them consecutively, and the Pokemon must be a higher level than Pikachu. If you faint, start again (not from the 3 Pokemon to start, from whichever number you were attempting, so if you were trying to solo 12 Pokemon, then you better solo 12 Pokemon again).

If you can identify the reason why it's (3,9,22,9,12), then you may skip the next restriction. If not, then Pikachu must solo a Gym Leader with moves under 50 BP, and that leader cannot be Misty.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Naix gets Rejected The Caterpie.

Rejected cannot evolve past Metapod.
Rejected can never be the lowest leveled member on your team.
Rejected can never leave the Party.
Rejected must be caught at the first available opportunity before you take on Brock.
Rejected must solo two Gym Leaders.
If you reject Rejected, then you may never use Items. Ever. Unless of course, it's a Key Item or a Poke Ball (The Item Poke Ball).
That is all.

Have fun.

Naix gets Rejected The Caterpie.

Rejected cannot evolve past Metapod.
Rejected can never be the lowest leveled member on your team.
Rejected can never leave the Party.
Rejected must be caught at the first available opportunity before you take on Brock.
Rejected must solo two Gym Leaders.
If you reject Rejected, then you may never use Items. Ever. Unless of course, it's a Key Item or a Poke Ball (The Item Poke Ball).
That is all.

Have fun.
I'm sorry, but this is not what I had in mind when I said/wrote hard as the difficulty. This Pokemon, were I to accept it, would become deadweight almost instantly. For that reason, I'm going to have to reject Rejected.

Reserving a starter for Naix.
Naix, take Bright the Bulbasaur. This little guy just loves the light. Teach it Sunny Day, Solarbeam and Synthesis ASAP. To evolve, Bright must absorb as much light as possible- have it solo 30 Fire types and survive at least 50 fire type moves. After that BAM- Bright grows a flower on it's back! But that's a bit of a problem- Bright has difficulty functioning at night. So, Bright may not be used in battle from 10pm - 7am. To make up for this, get Bright to suck up as much light and heat as it possibly can- Bright must solo every trainer in Blaine's gym without the use of a Poke Center and a maximum of 15 potions of any kind. After this, it may evolve again. As a Venusaur, Bright feels compelled to fight against darkness, rather than hide from it. So, Bright must lead the party through all of Victory Road, and it must solo Agatha of the Elite 4. have fun!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry, but this is not what I had in mind when I said/wrote hard as the difficulty. This Pokemon, were I to accept it, would become deadweight almost instantly. For that reason, I'm going to have to reject Rejected.
I understand, hence the name: Rejected, but this is Smogon, Our version of Hard is very different to others, as you have already noticed. The idea was to see how well you could use a "dead weight", but I guess you're not up to the task. Anyways, Welcome to Smogon, I hope you enjoy your time on here. :)

Hey Arceustar, guess what? I don't like people giving out things just to try and beat Vanguard for sheer difficulty, so i'm going to give you a Whomp for your White Scramble, and since i'm very depressed right now, i'm going to unleash all of my hatred against the world on you with the single most difficulty Whomp challenge you have ever seen or will likely ever see.

Now i just need to think of what that will be...It'll certainly be a large, heavy pokemon...and no, it won't be a Snorlax with Body Slam...i have some creativity, dammit.

[Warning! Suicidally hard challenge ahead!]

Arceustar, take Whomp, the *insert Golem here*. And no, you don't get a Golem. Deal with it, life it crap like that. You get the legendary Golems, Regice, Registeel and Regirock. In that order, damnit. And if that's not enough you can hack in a Regigigas afterwards.

Here's the deal. Whomps don't do much aside from guard castle after endless freaking castle.And one Whomp is about as useful as a MEP, i.e. not very. So you get a team of Whomps. And you must use each one in order, starting with a Regice. Hack it in as soon as you reach the first of the eight castles of Unova (i.e. Striaton City Gym). This Regice is in charge of guarding the first two castles in Unova, and the treasure within them. You and your band of idiots like Mario and Peach and whatnot shall not pass this gym, damnit. Not until you have defeated Whomp. Of course, some idiot in Unova had to decide to leave this gym guarded by three other idiots and left Whomp out of a job. So Whomp decides that before beating the crap out of you, he'll have to beat the crap out of the so-called leaders, and he'll do it in RED HEALTH. That's right, enter the gym with Regice at the level of the Leader's lowest levelled pokemon, and at red health. No healing, in battle or between battles. Solo every trainer, including the Gym Leader. So, you got the badge? Ha, that's a fake one that you just got. Whomp has the real one, which has been carefully fashioned out of a Power Star. And now you have to defeat Whomp to get it. How doe one defeat a Whomp? Easy, bait it to attack, and then ground pound it's back. So, use one of your heroes to fight Whomp. In the process, whichever hero you chose loses a lot of strength, and thus loses 2 moveslots (choose two). You tried to heal your hero with all the items you could, but still those moveslots are gone. But your futile healing attempts caused you to throw out P(2500 x Gym Number) worth of items (In other words, just throw out items and lose two moveslots after the gym, since you can't actually stage a fight against your own pokemon). Whomp, still as a Regice, comes back for the second gym, and repeats what it did before. Solo the gym in red health, and then throw out items and lose two moveslots off another hero character.

When a hero character loses all four of it's moveslots, that hero is left with only one attack: jump. Thus, replace the hero's moves with one attack, and that attack has to be less than 40 BP (less than, NOT equal to), and delete the rest of it's moves.

For the third and fourth gyms, Whomp decides to take the form of a Registeel. Use Whomp, in red health, to survive at least 10 attacks from the Gym Leader (can be either damaging or status moves, as long as they don't miss they count). You are allowed X items and held items, but no healing. You don't have to solo the leader with Whomp, though you can if you choose. The same moveslot and item throwout restrictions from the first two gyms still apply. If there is a solo to be done at the third or fourth gyms, complete Registeel's restriction, and then solo what's left with the required pokemon.

The fifth and sixth gyms allow you to meet with Whomp's Regirock form. This form frankly loves to screw with you. In fact, it loves to screw with you so much that it randomly flattens one of your party pokemon. That's right, one of your pokemon (roll a six-sided die to decide which one) gets killed. Instantly. Thankfully, this only happens when you first meet Regirock outside the fifth gym. However, if the pokemon killed is of a level lower than Regirock's (Regirock's level is whatever your second highest pokemon's level is at the time), and it's is lower by ten levels or more, then kill another pokemon, and sum the dead pokemon's levels. Continue until the sum of the levels is within 10 of Regirock's level (EG if your second highest level pokemon is at level 42, then Regirock is hacked in at level 42. Then someone dies, let's say someone at level 35. You're safe, as 42-35 is less than 10. But if it were, say, a level 27 pokemon that died, 42-27 is 15, which is more than 10. So, kill someone else, let's say a level 10 pokemon. Then 42-(27+10) is less than 10, so you're safe.). Aside from that, Regirock must issue you with a choice. If you choose to continue with the moveslot and item throwout restrictions for the fifth and sixth gyms, then you will meet Whomp's Regigigas form at the seventh and eighth gyms. If you decide that you don't want to throw out items at the fifth and sixth gyms, then you are allowed to keep your items and pokemon (previously lost moveslots from gyms 1-4 are restored to normal working order). The punishment? You are met with a very, very, very angry monkey at the seventh gym. It's so angry it's on fire. It's...well, it's not DK, but it's close enough. It's Vanguard. He's back, and frankly he hates you for chickening out of Whomp's challenge. So you're stuck with him when you reach the seventh gym, if you opt out of the Whomp Regi challenge. And he's quite annoyed with the fact he was left out of the game until so late, so replace his "kill one pokemon" restriction with a "kill TWO pokemon" restriction.

Of course, if you keep going with the Whomp challenge, then you can avoid the terror that is DK on fire (i.e. Vanguard). You'll meet Regigigas at the seventh Gym. Like all the others, it is guarding its two castles of Unova, and it quite likes to keep it's badges (fashioned from the seventh and eighth Power Stars of Unova) to itself. It's also quite lazy. So, to test if you are really worthy of Whomp's Power Stars, you have to prove that you can be just as lazy (if not even lazier) than Whomp's Regigigas form. Your pokemon for the seventh gym (if you're soloing it with something, then add this restriction to whatever you already have to do) can only use one move. Even if it switches out, it still can only use the one move it used previously. This continues for the entire gym. It can't switch, it can't be healed, it can't use anything but that one move. The same applies to the eighth gym, though you may choose a different pokemon. And of course you still have to cope with losing two moveslots off a hero for each gym, as well as paying the item cost of each gym (P(2500xgym number)).

After that, Whomp, having discovered that none of it's forms can stop you from taking over Unova's castles decides to finally put a stop to you. At Victory Road, it's quite dark, and only the Whomp forms have two Power Stars each to illuminate the cave (everyone else can't see), so you must go through the entirety of the road, in one go with no backtracking for PC's and only a total of 15 items (15, so that's like 10 Hyper Potions and 5 Revives, or 1 Antidote and 4 Full Heals and 10 Potions or whatever), with only Whomp's four forms in your party.

After that, congrats. You get no restriction from Whomp from then on. Have fun. Yes, i do realise this probably conflicts with other challenges and is way too long and complicated. Deal with it. I tried to make this one even more painful that Vanguard could ever hope to be.

AS, i am so sorry, but you are officially D-E-A-D!!

In other news: it's about a week left until I get out for break and can begin a Prose Scramble for all of you :D

Hey Arceustar, guess what? I don't like people giving out things just to try and beat Vanguard for sheer difficulty, so i'm going to give you a Whomp for your White Scramble, and since i'm very depressed right now, i'm going to unleash all of my hatred against the world on you with the single most difficulty Whomp challenge you have ever seen or will likely ever see.

Now i just need to think of what that will be...It'll certainly be a large, heavy pokemon...and no, it won't be a Snorlax with Body Slam...i have some creativity, dammit.

[Warning! Suicidally hard challenge ahead!]

Arceustar, take Whomp, the *insert Golem here*. And no, you don't get a Golem. Deal with it, life it crap like that. You get the legendary Golems, Regice, Registeel and Regirock. In that order, damnit. And if that's not enough you can hack in a Regigigas afterwards.

Here's the deal. Whomps don't do much aside from guard castle after endless freaking castle.And one Whomp is about as useful as a MEP, i.e. not very. So you get a team of Whomps. And you must use each one in order, starting with a Regice. Hack it in as soon as you reach the first of the eight castles of Unova (i.e. Striaton City Gym). This Regice is in charge of guarding the first two castles in Unova, and the treasure within them. You and your band of idiots like Mario and Peach and whatnot shall not pass this gym, damnit. Not until you have defeated Whomp. Of course, some idiot in Unova had to decide to leave this gym guarded by three other idiots and left Whomp out of a job. So Whomp decides that before beating the crap out of you, he'll have to beat the crap out of the so-called leaders, and he'll do it in RED HEALTH. That's right, enter the gym with Regice at the level of the Leader's lowest levelled pokemon, and at red health. No healing, in battle or between battles. Solo every trainer, including the Gym Leader. So, you got the badge? Ha, that's a fake one that you just got. Whomp has the real one, which has been carefully fashioned out of a Power Star. And now you have to defeat Whomp to get it. How doe one defeat a Whomp? Easy, bait it to attack, and then ground pound it's back. So, use one of your heroes to fight Whomp. In the process, whichever hero you chose loses a lot of strength, and thus loses 2 moveslots (choose two). You tried to heal your hero with all the items you could, but still those moveslots are gone. But your futile healing attempts caused you to throw out P(2500 x Gym Number) worth of items (In other words, just throw out items and lose two moveslots after the gym, since you can't actually stage a fight against your own pokemon). Whomp, still as a Regice, comes back for the second gym, and repeats what it did before. Solo the gym in red health, and then throw out items and lose two moveslots off another hero character.

When a hero character loses all four of it's moveslots, that hero is left with only one attack: jump. Thus, replace the hero's moves with one attack, and that attack has to be less than 40 BP (less than, NOT equal to), and delete the rest of it's moves.

For the third and fourth gyms, Whomp decides to take the form of a Registeel. Use Whomp, in red health, to survive at least 10 attacks from the Gym Leader (can be either damaging or status moves, as long as they don't miss they count). You are allowed X items and held items, but no healing. You don't have to solo the leader with Whomp, though you can if you choose. The same moveslot and item throwout restrictions from the first two gyms still apply. If there is a solo to be done at the third or fourth gyms, complete Registeel's restriction, and then solo what's left with the required pokemon.

The fifth and sixth gyms allow you to meet with Whomp's Regirock form. This form frankly loves to screw with you. In fact, it loves to screw with you so much that it randomly flattens one of your party pokemon. That's right, one of your pokemon (roll a six-sided die to decide which one) gets killed. Instantly. Thankfully, this only happens when you first meet Regirock outside the fifth gym. However, if the pokemon killed is of a level lower than Regirock's (Regirock's level is whatever your second highest pokemon's level is at the time), and it's is lower by ten levels or more, then kill another pokemon, and sum the dead pokemon's levels. Continue until the sum of the levels is within 10 of Regirock's level (EG if your second highest level pokemon is at level 42, then Regirock is hacked in at level 42. Then someone dies, let's say someone at level 35. You're safe, as 42-35 is less than 10. But if it were, say, a level 27 pokemon that died, 42-27 is 15, which is more than 10. So, kill someone else, let's say a level 10 pokemon. Then 42-(27+10) is less than 10, so you're safe.). Aside from that, Regirock must issue you with a choice. If you choose to continue with the moveslot and item throwout restrictions for the fifth and sixth gyms, then you will meet Whomp's Regigigas form at the seventh and eighth gyms. If you decide that you don't want to throw out items at the fifth and sixth gyms, then you are allowed to keep your items and pokemon (previously lost moveslots from gyms 1-4 are restored to normal working order). The punishment? You are met with a very, very, very angry monkey at the seventh gym. It's so angry it's on fire. It's...well, it's not DK, but it's close enough. It's Vanguard. He's back, and frankly he hates you for chickening out of Whomp's challenge. So you're stuck with him when you reach the seventh gym, if you opt out of the Whomp Regi challenge. And he's quite annoyed with the fact he was left out of the game until so late, so replace his "kill one pokemon" restriction with a "kill TWO pokemon" restriction.

Of course, if you keep going with the Whomp challenge, then you can avoid the terror that is DK on fire (i.e. Vanguard). You'll meet Regigigas at the seventh Gym. Like all the others, it is guarding its two castles of Unova, and it quite likes to keep it's badges (fashioned from the seventh and eighth Power Stars of Unova) to itself. It's also quite lazy. So, to test if you are really worthy of Whomp's Power Stars, you have to prove that you can be just as lazy (if not even lazier) than Whomp's Regigigas form. Your pokemon for the seventh gym (if you're soloing it with something, then add this restriction to whatever you already have to do) can only use one move. Even if it switches out, it still can only use the one move it used previously. This continues for the entire gym. It can't switch, it can't be healed, it can't use anything but that one move. The same applies to the eighth gym, though you may choose a different pokemon. And of course you still have to cope with losing two moveslots off a hero for each gym, as well as paying the item cost of each gym (P(2500xgym number)).

After that, Whomp, having discovered that none of it's forms can stop you from taking over Unova's castles decides to finally put a stop to you. At Victory Road, it's quite dark, and only the Whomp forms have two Power Stars each to illuminate the cave (everyone else can't see), so you must go through the entirety of the road, in one go with no backtracking for PC's and only a total of 15 items (15, so that's like 10 Hyper Potions and 5 Revives, or 1 Antidote and 4 Full Heals and 10 Potions or whatever), with only Whomp's four forms in your party.

After that, congrats. You get no restriction from Whomp from then on. Have fun. Yes, i do realise this probably conflicts with other challenges and is way too long and complicated. Deal with it. I tried to make this one even more painful that Vanguard could ever hope to be.
dang... you're challenges are harder than AS'

his are possible... somewhat

Also, I don't think i'll take his luxray

Someone give me something I can get before Roark without trading

You mean...no Luxray?

Fine, you get a MEP. Except it's not a regular MEP. It's a Max Effort Pokemon. The pokemon can be anything you want it to be. The restriction?

Choose one stat (HP, Atk, etc.). MEP must fight only pokemon who give out EVs corresponding to that stat. When that stat reaches 252 EVs, MEP can fight anything it wants.

If you wish to use MEP to fight something else before it reaches 252 in its designated stat, throw out P2000 worth of items for each pokemon MEP fights (whether or not it wins is irrelevant, if it fought you have to pay, in fact, even if it didn't use a move, as long as it is your active pokemon, pay the price).

That's it. Yes, i'm less angry now that i've spent most of it on making Arceustar's scramble life hell.

You mean...no Luxray?

Fine, you get a MEP. Except it's not a regular MEP. It's a Max Effort Pokemon. The pokemon can be anything you want it to be. The restriction?

Choose one stat (HP, Atk, etc.). MEP must fight only pokemon who give out EVs corresponding to that stat. When that stat reaches 252 EVs, MEP can fight anything it wants.

If you wish to use MEP to fight something else before it reaches 252 in its designated stat, throw out P2000 worth of items for each pokemon MEP fights (whether or not it wins is irrelevant, if it fought you have to pay, in fact, even if it didn't use a move, as long as it is your active pokemon, pay the price).

That's it. Yes, i'm less angry now that i've spent most of it on making Arceustar's scramble life hell.
You realize this is an easy scramble

Edit:

My scramble should be easy

That is a relatively easy challange, in my opinion. One simple, creative restriction (on any Pokémon you like) that you have a way of working around if need be. :p

Bit late to the party here, but; nice update, Skarm, great as always :D

Eh, im not convinced that patrat is more brutal yet the whomps require a much larger thinking process. Then again i have somthing up my sleeve for a HG/SS scramble hehehe....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)