I've spent more than half my life on Smogon

Actually there was a wave of this kind of thread two months ago but I was too much of a slowpoke to get to 1k at the time.

Well, Smogon itself hasn't actually existed for 10 years but I've spent that long in the Pokemon community, anyway, and I'm probably the one person in the entire world(!) who can actually say that. I joined when I was 10 and I'm 20 now. I wasn't there at the very start (you need to look for rare fossils like avatar and gk) but I've seen my fair share of things, watching the elitist and harsh community transform into the bureaucratic university it is today.

I don't talk about sentimental stuff but I don't mind reflecting on the past. I have to say that the community's probably been one of the biggest influences I've ever had in my life. The annoying 10-year old kid learned so many things from you guys over the past decade; mainly the lesson was don't be annoying or you get banned, but there were nice guys who helped me out too. Talking to you guys from all over the world taught me so much and made me widen my point of view past this small island country I live in. There are just simply too many ways in which I've been shaped by this community.

I don't believe in individuals shoutouts and I'm not going to start now, but shoutouts to all the guys I've talked to and still talk to even now. Thanks, and here's to TEN MORE YEARS!

Grats! I didn't join any competitive Pokemon communities until 2006, but I lived in Japan when Red and Green came out in 1996 and have been playing ever since. It's crazy how much a video game can shape your life, and even moreso how much a video game community can.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
nawww yea it's funny how, not necessarily this community, but certain people u meet anywhere in general can shape or impact who you turn out to be and even your life.

slut, when I visit singapore I'm meeting you and chron ok yay. nts: don't carry around durians.

Rayquaza2233: I live in Singapore.

I realize it's kinda hard to respond to the thread (I thank the guys who made a real effort to respond) so people might just want to ask me shit about the past ten years if they're curious about anything! It's easier for me if I'm prompted by questions.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
do u have a gf yet? anyone in mind? what do u plan on doing for the next 10 years

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cheers

rep smogon till death yo

magicalmaster2001 the annoying 11 year old will forever be near and dear to my heart

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lol, I never thought you'd actually get to 1000. Congrats, Raikage! It's been a great 4 years of mafia and IRC, here's to 4 more!

Anon jokes aside, grats. I've had my first pokemon game Blue, and I'm still competitive till now! Also:

May I ask which small island country you're from?
Rayquaza2233: I live in Singapore.
I lol'd.

Here's to 10 more years of pokemon, to the TC and the rest of us! Cheers!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
lol, I never thought you'd actually get to 1000. Congrats, Raikage! It's been a great 4 years of mafia and IRC, here's to 4 more!
So does that mean you and Raikage are coming back for more mafia?

Crux

Banned deucer.
Does this mean you've finally realised that 10 years is more than enough procrastination and you should finally get around to your training to become the Shrine Maiden?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)