Regigigas

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hail to the king!

[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what Regigigas&mdash;a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack halved for an eternity&mdash;is doing in VGC, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defenses and excellent supportive options. Sporting excellent 110 / 110 / 110 defensive base stats that rival even Cresselia's, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]
name: Supporter
move 1: Wide Guard
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Icy Wind
move 4: Rock Slide / Return
item: Sitrus Berry / Chople Berry
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with a niche over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia, allowing it to block spread moves that are very common in the VGC metagame. Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind. Both moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, providing a speed advantage to Regigigas's partner. For its final move, Regigigas can run either Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by potentially flinching targets after they have been paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Return, on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. This allows Regigigas to take on powerful special attacks, such as rain-boosted Hydro Pump or Dragon Gem-boosted Draco Meteor, with HP to spare. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's survivability by providing some HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature, can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work as well; what works best will depend on the needs of your team.</p>

<p>Regigigas's only weakness is to Fighting-type attacks, so Pokemon such as Metagross, Latios, and Togekiss, which can handle Fighting-type Pokemon well, make decent partners. When it's not being threatened by Fighting-type Pokemon, a partner that can take advantage of Regigigas's support moves is preferred. For example, Pokemon such as Metagross, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Abomasnow, which are vulnerable to a number of spread moves and aren't particularly fast, can take full advantage of the support options that Regigigas has to offer.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow it to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon, while Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent's Pokemon from fighting back with status moves of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allow for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally use low accuracy attacks without worry. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist Berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however, due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it's a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offensive role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerful Close Combats, however it can often survive a Fighting-type move if it is holding a Chople Berry. Taunt can help against Regigigas by disabling Thunder Wave and Wide Guard, but it can still slow down its opponents with Icy Wind. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

Betcha didn't expect to see me here! XD

Looks very good, although I see a couple things to note. You describe the physically defensive spread as being "almost guaranteed to survive a Gem CC from Top". I've had Gigas take a couple of those in the international tourney and take around 70%, although I can't say if the Tops were max Attack (although that's standard). I run 252/216/42, which allowed Gigas to take two Rain-boosted Surfs from a variety of Pokemon and Twave the Swift Swimmer, as well as allowing him to take CCs brilliantly (Arcanine's typically 3HKOs).

Knock Off is a nice option to nullify a troublesome Scarf user or take away Lefties, I use it over Icy Wind but that has plenty of merit too.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Betcha didn't expect to see me here! XD

Looks very good, although I see a couple things to note. You describe the physically defensive spread as being "almost guaranteed to survive a Gem CC from Top". I've had Gigas take a couple of those in the international tourney and take around 70%, although I can't say if the Tops were max Attack (although that's standard). I run 252/216/42, which allowed Gigas to take two Rain-boosted Surfs from a variety of Pokemon and Twave the Swift Swimmer, as well as allowing him to take CCs brilliantly (Arcanine's typically 3HKOs).

Knock Off is a nice option to nullify a troublesome Scarf user or take away Lefties, I use it over Icy Wind but that has plenty of merit too.
Are you sure that those were Gem Close Combats? I get a damage range of 186-218 when calculating damage on 252 HP / 252 Def with a boosting nature. Which is as stated, almost guaranteed to survive.

The only way I can get the calculator to say that Top's CC will do about 70% is if you didn't run a boosting nature for defense for your 252/216/42 spread, and that the Hitmontop didn't run a gem.

I should probably mention that you can always go for a mix between defense and special defense depending on what suits your team.

As for Knock Off, Leftovers is fairly rare in Doubles, and often isn't worth the time to knock off, while Scarfers can simply be hit with Thunder Wave. I believe I have said for a different Pokemon that you're better off doing other things rather than Knock Off, but since Regigigas is largely for support, I think I can mention it into OO.

I'll get onto adding these changes.

It can also be noticed that Regigigas is bulky enough to set up both Rain Dance and Sunny Day, possibly supporting its partners, but there are still Pokemon that do it a bit better.

Headbutt gets STAB, has higher power, and has the same flinch rate as Rock Slide, so it can be considered, but lacks the spread.

Otherwise, looks good so far. It's nice to see this colossus can do at least something well enough.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
It can also be noticed that Regigigas is bulky enough to set up both Rain Dance and Sunny Day, possibly supporting its partners, but there are still Pokemon that do it a bit better.

Headbutt gets STAB, has higher power, and has the same flinch rate as Rock Slide, so it can be considered, but lacks the spread.

Otherwise, looks good so far. It's nice to see this colossus can do at least something well enough.
I think I can add in Rain/Sun setting to OO.

Rock Slide is mostly for the flinch, as it hits both targets. Headbutt being more powerful is largely irrelevant.

Are you sure that those were Gem Close Combats? I get a damage range of 186-218 when calculating damage on 252 HP / 252 Def with a boosting nature. Which is as stated, almost guaranteed to survive.

The only way I can get the calculator to say that Top's CC will do about 70% is if you didn't run a boosting nature for defense for your 252/216/42 spread, and that the Hitmontop didn't run a gem.

As for Knock Off, Leftovers is fairly rare in Doubles, and often isn't worth the time to knock off, while Scarfers can simply be hit with Thunder Wave. I believe I have said for a different Pokemon that you're better off doing other things rather than Knock Off, but since Regigigas is largely for support, I think I can mention it into OO.

I'll get onto adding these changes.
Mine is +Def, but I was likely mistaken and there wasn't a Gem.

Knock Off is pretty inferior in Doubles (I'm not running it this time around), but yeah, it's worth a mention.

Amateur GP Check

[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack halved for an eternity, in addition to being unable to learn Protect, in a metagame that relies so heavily Protect and fast paced offense such ass doing in VGC, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defense and supportive options. Sporting excellent 110/110/110 defensive base stats, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard,(Comma) and Icy Wind, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]
ability: Slow Start

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something over its fellow supportive Pokemon, Cresselia. Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind. Both moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, providing a speed advantage to its partner. For its final move, Regigigas can either run Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by possibly flinching targets after they have been paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Return, on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of damage to opponentsing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in 5five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on givmaximizing Regigigas special defensive's special bulk. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve on Regigigas's survivability, by providing a bit of HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take on Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature, can be used to focus on physical defense. T; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work,; what works best will depend on the needs of the team that Regigigas is in.</p>

<p>Regigigas's only weakness is to Fighting-type attacks, so Pokemon, such as Metagross, Latios, and Togekiss, who can handle Fighting-type Pokemon well, make decent partners. When it's not being threatened by Fighting-type Pokemon, a partner that can take advantage of Regigigas's supportive moves is preferred. For example, Pokemon such as Metagross, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Abomasnow, who are vulnerable to a number of spread moves and aren't particularly fast, can take full advantage of the support options that Regigigas has to offer.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other supportive options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray, allow rRegigigas to cause further disruption onto the opponentsing Pokemon. Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent from fighting back with their own Thunder Wavesa status move of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allow for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally to use low accuracy attacks without care. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist berries, lLife oOrb, or lLeftovers. In addition to supportive moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower,; however due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it is a bit of a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seaed, or Mummy to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allowing Regigigas to attempt to take on an offense role on a team.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas, by slamming it with powerful Close Combats,; however it can often survive an Fighting-type attack if it is holding onto a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteors, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if it somehow expires the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if 5five turns have passed.</p>

[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack halved for an eternity is doing in VGC, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defense and supportive options. Sporting excellent 110/110/110 defensive base stats, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia. Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind. Both moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, providing a speed advantage to its partner. For its final move, Regigigas can either run Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by possibly flinching targets after they have been paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Return, on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's survivability by providing a bit of HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work; what works best will depend on the needs of the team that Regigigas is in.</p>

<p>Regigigas's only weakness is to Fighting-type attacks, so Pokemon such as Metagross, Latios, and Togekiss, who can handle Fighting-type Pokemon well, make decent partners. When it's not being threatened by Fighting-type Pokemon, a partner that can take advantage of Regigigas's support moves is preferred. For example, Pokemon such as Metagross, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Abomasnow, who are vulnerable to a number of spread moves and aren't particularly fast, can take full advantage of the support options that Regigigas has to offer.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow Regigigas to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon. Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent from fighting back with a status move of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allow for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally to use low accuracy attacks without care. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it is a bit of a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offense role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerful Close Combats; however it can often survive a Fighting-type attack if it is holding a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

Cool analysis!

MINE FOR THE CHECKING OF THE GRAMMAR AND THE PROSE
DONE
[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what Regigigas&mdash;a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack halved for an eternity &mdash;is doing in VGC, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defense and supportive options. Sporting excellent 110/110/ / 110 / 110 defensive base stats, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia.<in what way? elaborate> Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind. Both moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, providing a speed advantage to its partner. For its final move, Regigigas can either run Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by potentially flinching targets after they have been paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Return, on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's survivability by providing a bit ofsome HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work as well; what works best will depend on the needs of the team that Regigigas is inyour team.</p>

<p>Regigigas's only weakness is to Fighting-type attacks, so Pokemon such as Metagross, Latios, and Togekiss, who can handle Fighting-type Pokemon well, make decent partners. When it's not being threatened by Fighting-type Pokemon, a partner that can take advantage of Regigigas's support moves is preferred. For example, Pokemon such as Metagross, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Abomasnow, who are vulnerable to a number of spread moves and aren't particularly fast, can take full advantage of the support options that Regigigas has to offer.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow Regigigasit to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon., while Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent's Pokemon from fighting back with status moves of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allow for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally to use low accuracy attacks without careworry. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however, due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it is a bit of's a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offense role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerful Close Combats; however, it can often survive a Fighting-type move if it is holding a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what Regigigas&mdash;a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack halved for an eternity&mdash;is doing in VGC, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defense and supportive options. Sporting excellent 110 / 110 / 110 defensive base stats, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia.<in what way? elaborate> Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind. Both moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, providing a speed advantage to its partner. For its final move, Regigigas can either run Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by potentially flinching targets after they have been paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Return, on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's survivability by providing some HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with an Impish nature can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work as well; what works best will depend on the needs of your team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow it to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon, while Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent's Pokemon from fighting back with status moves of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allow for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally use low accuracy attacks without worry. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however, due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it's a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offense role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerful Close Combats; however, it can often survive a Fighting-type move if it is holding a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

GP 1/2

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
changes made.
Clarified about Wide Guard, bolded part of the following was what was added:

"Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia, allowing it to block spread moves that are very common in the VGC metagame."

sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ima am check this
WASNT MUCH TO AM CHECK
[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what Regigigas&mdash;a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack halved for an eternity&mdash;is doing in VGC, you're not alone. Rewrite this sentence because I can't check it without knowing with those missing words... However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defense and supportive options. Sporting excellent 110 / 110 / 110 defensive base stats, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia, allowing it to block spread moves that are very common in the VGC metagame. Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind. Both moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, providing a speed advantage to its partner. For its final move, Regigigas can either run Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by potentially flinching targets after they have been paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Return, on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's survivability by providing some HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work as well; what works best will depend on the needs of your team.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow it to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon, while Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent's Pokemon from fighting back with status moves of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allow for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally use low accuracy attacks without worry. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however, due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it's a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offense offensive role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerful Close Combats; however it can often survive a Fighting-type move if it is holding a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Made the two small changes, but I'm not too sure why I'm to rewrite that sentence, or what you mean by missing words.

oh dont implement the speed vs Speed part. And when i copied and psted the things it said "m&dash" idk what that means lol

there's a comma removal too
and i didnt know m&dash='s a long hyphen so that's cool too :D

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Noob Check!!!
[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what Regigigas&mdash;<Space>a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack stats halved for an eternity&mdash;is doing in the VGC 2012 metagame, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defenses and supportive options movepool. Sporting excellent 110 / 110 / 110 defensive base stats, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind;, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia, allowing it to block spread moves that are very common in the VGC 2012 metagame. Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has access to moves such as both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind;. Bboth of which moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, and provideing a sSpeed advantage to its Regigigas's partner. For its final move, Regigigas can either run either Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by potentially flinching targets after they have been paralyzed slowed down with Thunder Wave or Icy Wind. Return on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of more damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's survivability longevity by providing some HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate EV spread of252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work as well; what works best will depend on the needs of your team.</p>

<p>Regigigas's only weakness is toFighting-type attacks, so Pokemon such as Metagross, Latios, and Togekiss, who can handle Fighting-type Pokemon well, make decent partners. When it's not being threatened by Fighting-type Pokemon, a partner that can take advantage of Regigigas's support moves is preferred. For example, Pokemon such as Metagross, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Abomasnow, who are vulnerable to a number of spread moves and aren't particularly fast, can take full advantage of the support options that Regigigas has to offer.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow it to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon, while Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent's Pokemon from fighting back with status moves of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allows for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally use low accuracy attacks without worry. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or and Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however, due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it's a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy <There is also Entertainment and Gastro Acid> to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offensive role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerful Close Combats STAB moves; however, it Regigigas can often survive a Fighting-type move if it is holding a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor <From?>, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

<p>If you're wondering what Regigigas; a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack stats halved for an eternityis doing in the VGC 2012 metagame, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defenses and supportive movepool. Sporting excellent 110 / 110 / 110 defensive base stats, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia, and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind; Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it something over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia, allowing it to block spread moves that are very common in the VGC 2012 metagame. Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has access to moves such as Thunder Wave and Icy Wind; both of which slow down the opponent's Pokemon, and provide a Speed advantage to Regigigas's partner. For its final move, Regigigas can run either Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by potentially flinching targets after they have been slowed down with Thunder Wave or Icy Wind. Return on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit more damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's longevity by providing some HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate EV spread of252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work as well; what works best will depend on the needs of your team.</p>

<p>Regigigas's only weakness is toFighting-type attacks, so Pokemon such as Metagross, Latios, and Togekiss, who can handle Fighting-type Pokemon, make decent partners. When it's not being threatened by Fighting-type Pokemon, a partner that can take advantage of Regigigas's support moves is preferred. For example, Pokemon such as Metagross, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Abomasnow, who are vulnerable to a number of spread moves and aren't particularly fast, can take full advantage of the support options that Regigigas has to offer.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow it to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon, while Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent's Pokemon from fighting back with status moves of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity allows for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally use low accuracy attacks without worry. Weather moves such as Rain Danceand Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however, due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it's a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy <There is also Entertainment and Gastro Acid> to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offensive role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerfulSTAB moves; however, Regigigas can often survive a Fighting-type move if it is holding a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor <From?>, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
So this has now been grammar checked 4 times. I would like a bit of feedback from the GP crew before I go ahead with the most recent changes.

I just kind of feel a bit concerned when I'm told to make some additions in a check, that is followed by being told to remove the things I just added by an amateur check afterwards.

Thanks.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>If you're wondering what Regigigas&mdash;a Pokemon that cannot learn Protect and has its Speed and Attack halved for an eternity&mdash;is doing in VGC, you're not alone. However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defenses and supportive options. Sporting excellent 110 / 110 / 110 defensive base stats that rival even Cresselia's, rivaling the defenses of Cresselia (IDK, I just had to change it. It's probably the odd flow that made me do it.) , and access to moves such as Thunder Wave, Wide Guard, and Icy Wind, Regigigas is excellent at performing a supportive role on a team. Consider this colossus dead weight at your own peril.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Regigigas's access to Wide Guard provides it with something a niche (I personally dislike "something/someone/stuff" when you could be more specific. It is an analysis after all.) over its fellow support Pokemon, Cresselia, allowing it to block spread moves that are very common in the VGC metagame. Aside from Wide Guard, Regigigas has both Thunder Wave and Icy Wind. Both moves aid in slowing down the opponent's Pokemon, providing a speed advantage to its Regigigas's (got a little confusing, seemed like the "its" was referring to "the opponent's Pokemon") partner. For its final move, Regigigas can either run either Rock Slide or Return. Rock Slide doesn't do much damage, but can buy time by potentially flinching targets after they have been paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Return, (comma) on the other hand, allows Regigigas to deal a bit of damage to opposing Pokemon, and becomes quite respectable as an offensive option should Slow Start be lifted in five turns.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs focus on maximizing Regigigas's special bulk. (May I ask why the special bulk? IDK, I'm not really getting any information out of "EVs MAX SPECIAL BULK". Add in the explanation here.) Sitrus Berry and Chople Berry further improve Regigigas's survivability by providing some HP recovery and allowing Regigigas to take Fighting-type moves, respectively. An alternate alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, with an Impish nature, (comma) can be used to focus on physical defense; the EV spread nearly guarantees that Regigigas can survive a Fighting Gem-boosted Close Combat from Hitmontop without the use of a Chople Berry. Naturally, defensive EV spreads in between the two extremes can work as well; what works best will depend on the needs of your team.</p>

<p>Regigigas's only weakness is to Fighting-type attacks, so Pokemon such as Metagross, Latios, and Togekiss, who which (consistency) can handle Fighting-type Pokemon well, make decent partners. When it's not being threatened by Fighting-type Pokemon, a partner that can take advantage of Regigigas's support moves is preferred. For example, Pokemon such as Metagross, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Abomasnow, who which (consistency) are vulnerable to a number of spread moves and aren't particularly fast, can take full advantage of the support options that Regigigas has to offer.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Regigigas has a number of other support options to choose from. Swagger and Confuse Ray allow it to cause further disruption to the opposing Pokemon, while Safeguard can be used to prevent the opponent's Pokemon from fighting back with status moves of their own. Substitute can act as a... substitute for Protect. Gravity can allow for some interesting options, letting Regigigas's ally use low accuracy attacks without worry. Weather moves, such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day, can be used to provide Regigigas with manual weather control. Lastly, (definitely not the end yet!) Regigigas can use Knock Off to remove an opponent's item. This can be useful in disarming type-resist Berries, Life Orb, or Leftovers. In addition to support moves, Regigigas has a large number of physical attacks to choose from, such as Earthquake, the elemental punches, and Superpower; however, due to Slow Start, it's not worth trying to use them. Finally, even though it's a gimmick, one can use Simple Beam, Worry Seed, or Mummy to try to get rid of Slow Start, as this will allow Regigigas to take on an offensive role.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-type Pokemon can easily crush Regigigas by slamming it with powerful Close Combats; however, (comma) it can often survive a Fighting-type move if it is holding a Chople Berry. Ultimately, the easiest way to handle Regigigas is to attack it with strong STAB attacks, such as Meteor Mash or Draco Meteor, as one can be certain that it will not use Protect, nor can it heal itself. Keep in mind that Regigigas's role doesn't change too much even if the duration of Slow Start somehow expires. You shouldn't ignore it, but don't think that it's the end of the world if five turns have passed.</p>

(ok i don't play vgc but is taunt a worthwhile mention? blocking wide guard and thunder wave seems pretty useful. all gigas can do is slow and try to flinch i guess?)
I don't think I was being too nitpicky but hmm, I'd like to see what you can do with my suggestions. I'll look this over again when you're finished up.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seriously stop amateur checking something that's been done quite a few times by amateurs already.

Apparently Flora is on the team (I forgot =( sorry) and I approve these changes, and what R Inanimate chooses to implement.

GP 2 / 2

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Changes made.

-Maxing out Special Defensive bulk was somewhat arbitrary. But there tends to be harder hitting special attacks compared to physical attacks in VGC. I felt that Special defense was better to help take on Gem boosted Draco Meteors or Rain boosted Hydro Pumps, as physical attacks can be hampered by Intimidate.

added in the following: "This allows Regigigas to take on heavy hitting special attacks, such as rain-boosted Hydro Pump or Dragon Gem-boosted Draco Meteor, with HP to spare."

-I added Taunt, it's not used too much in VGC, but it does interfere with some of Regigigas's functions.

added in the following: "Taunt can help against Regigigas, disabling its Thunder Wave and Wide Guard, but it can still slow down its opponents with Icy Wind."

So I should just need a check on the two added lines, and this should be ready.

This allows Regigigas to take on powerful special attacks, such as rain-boosted Hydro Pump or Dragon Gem-boosted Draco Meteor, with HP to spare.

Taunt can help against Regigigas by disabling Thunder Wave and Wide Guard, but it can still slow down its opponents with Icy Wind.

:)

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defenses and supportive options.
You can't really have massive supportive options (it suggests that its supportive options can be measured in size, which its defenses can).

Maybe change to:
However, behind the facade of a harmless giant is a monster with massive defenses and excellent supportive options
It's up to you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)