Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Did you check if you actually hit a frame above 89? Sending you 20 frames prior just doesn't sound likely. How are you advancing the frames by the way? Does your synchronizer has the nature you want your target pokemon to have? For what I know about syncronize in gen 4 is that it gives you more frames to work with,it does affect the pid somehow but is nothing huge. Did you marked syncronizer in the main page? Just trying to bring out all the possibilities =/

Nope, i didn't check if i hit a frame above 89. 44 journal flip + talking to palkia should exactly be 89. The synchroniser does have the nature that i want. And pokérng says that this frame should work.

I just marked the synchroniser box in the main page and searched again for the wrong iv combination i got. Now i got 20 result with those IV including frame 89.
Why not, the iv just changed.
If i try with the flawles spread, frame change to 92 and without any synchroniser, it's 93. I'll try frame 92 and 93 next then. Thanks for the advice tough, i may have only tried frame 93 which is supose to not have the iv i want with the synchronise nature according to pokérng and not 92.
Now, if frame 92 end up working, the only thing i might want to know is why. Still, i am not sure it will work since the only thing that change in the main windiw if i check/uncheck the sync box is the frame.

I should have doubted pokérng results for the synchroniser and play with them a little more in rng reporter but since without one it worked fine i didn't. Now, i hope frame 92 will work.

I'm trying to RNG the Eevee (given by Bill in Goldenrod) in SoulSilver.

Using RNGReporter to generate the times and EonTimer for timing, I was able to
hit the correct frame two times, but I didn't get the desired result.

Both times, the locations of the roamers matched the correct delay. The first time, I started calling Prof. Elm, and his first two replies matched, but after that it got thrown off (next one was supposed to be a "P"). I guessed that that was because I've never had Pokerus, so I just ignored it and continued calling him the specified number of times in RNGReporter.

My guess at this point is that the RNG got thrown off by the little girl wandering around in the house.

The second time, I tried just talking to Bill as quickly as possible, but still no luck.

Basically, there are a few things I'm wondering about...
From what I understand, calling Elm will advance the frame by 1 - so if you hit the correct frame and verify by calling Elm, wouldn't that advance the frame further and throw off the RNG?

Or is the frame specified by RNGReporter actually the one 12 (or whatever number of Elm calls they use for verification) frames before the one you want?
If so, is there any way to get rid of the call verification and get the actual correct frame (only using roamers), since it won't work for me anyway?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Elm calls will only work if you had had completed the three requirements -showing togepi to the professor'visiting kanto and curing pokerus on a pokemon center-if you having done all this the frames will probably not advance.

Before being able to hit your seed you first have to hit your delay/seed which you can confirm by either calling elm -each call will advance 1 frame, these advances have to be considerated therefore they should be substracted from your target frame, calling Irwing or checking the location of your roamers- if you succesfully seed your delay/seed then you can proceed to advance the remaining frames. Remember that at this point you have advance at least 2 frames-if you comfirm your seed/delay using the roamers method while only having 2 of them out- so you only need to advance the difference.

Elm calls will only work if you had had completed the three requirements -showing togepi to the professor'visiting kanto and curing pokerus on a pokemon center-if you having done all this the frames will probably not advance.

Before being able to hit your seed you first have to hit your delay/seed which you can confirm by either calling elm -each call will advance 1 frame, these advances have to be considerated therefore they should be substracted from your target frame, calling Irwing or checking the location of your roamers- if you succesfully seed your delay/seed then you can proceed to advance the remaining frames. Remember that at this point you have advance at least 2 frames-if you comfirm your seed/delay using the roamers method while only having 2 of them out- so you only need to advance the difference.
Yes, I do have 2 roamers out (Entei and Raikou... Suicune is not a roamer as far as I can tell).
So that means I would have to manually advance 12 frames (the number of calls specified in RNGReporter after the skipped roamers) after checking the roamer locations match?

That should be doable by calling Youngster Joey 6 times I'm guessing?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
But lati@s is :p
I do not know exactly what frame you are trying to hit, if it is 12 then you only need to make 10 advances giving unless npcs advance some frame for you.

But lati@s is :p
I do not know exactly what frame you are trying to hit, if it is 12 then you only need to make 10 advances giving unless npcs advance some frame for you.
Latias/Latios isn't active - I'm guessing I have to do something in Kanto to release it, and I haven't done anything there except the first gym yet.

I'm trying to RNG a Timid EEVEE with perfect stats (31 in all IVs) from Bill in Goldenrod.
Using PokeRNG, I have found a seed ED050242 for this, which I entered into RNGReporter's "Seed To Times" dialog.
It found a bunch of times, out of which I selected 2012.04.30 05:58:59 with a delay of 566, and entered the delay and target sec (59) into EonTimer.

Another thing I'm wondering about is whether it will work to simply advance frames manually if you hit frames close to the target frame.

For example, if I hit 564 (when aiming for 566), would it work to simply make an extra call to Joey (+2 RNG) in addition to the 6 needed to skip the Elm verification frames (since I can't use him anyway).
Or, if I hit a frame less than 12 past - like 570 - could I simply subtract those frames from the frame advancement, making only 4 calls to Joey instead of 6?

I've tried this a few times, but so far I haven't had any luck, even when I got lucky and avoided the wandering girl moving before I could enter the menu.

Also, about Joey advancing frames - will he always do that, or do you have to do something special to make it happen? I don't really see why calling him would advance frames, since he always says the exact same thing, and there isn't any obvious randomness going on. (I just want to be sure it's working at all)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Delays are not the same than frames, advancing more or less frames will have no effect on your delay. Also, you don't need to call Elm because you are using the roamers to verify your seed and joey to advance the frames. Joey should advance the frames if he tells you you two should battle sometime or something along those lines.

Delays are not the same than frames, advancing more or less frames will have no effect on your delay. Also, you don't need to call Elm because you are using the roamers to verify your seed and joey to advance the frames.
If not frames, what is the delay measured in? And how does it translate to frames?

Joey should advance the frames if he tells you you two should battle sometime or something along those lines.
Yeah, he does say something along those lines.

I managed to hit the correct delay again, and called Joey 6 times (to skip past the 12 Elm response frames), and without giving the NPC a chance to move, but I still did not get the correct result.

Is there something I'm missing?

What frame did you hit?
I'm unsure if I understand the significance of frames right.

Is the frame count something that has to be advanced in addition to the delay?
In PokeRNG it says 63 in the "Method 1" column (which I'm guessing is frame for method 1), so after hitting the delay (518 for this seed), I made one Elm call followed by 30 Joey calls (this should advance frames by 61, which in addition to the 2 frames advanced by roamers should make 63), but that didn't work either.

How would I be able to tell which particular frame I hit?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't Bill's house have roaming NPC(s)? That would be throwing you off. Elm calls are used to determine not only the seed but your current frame.

Doesn't Bill's house have roaming NPC(s)? That would be throwing you off. Elm calls are used to determine not only the seed but your current frame.
Yes, I know there is a roaming NPC, and I was being careful to enter the menu quickly.

I finally nailed it though.
I basically had it right the last time, except I ended up advancing one frame too far - I hit the delay again on the following attempt, and thought about that, and only called Joey 30 times without making any calls to Elm - so I was at frame 62 when I spoke to bill, rather than on frame 63 itself.

I found that RNG Reporter has the ability to calculate the resulting spreads for a number of frames given a seed, so that's helpful in figuring out what specific frame was hit based on the resulting nature.

Thanks for answering all my stupid noob questions. :)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's good to hear. But just an FYI sometimes the NPC will always advance the frame no matter how fast you enter the menu. The game saves how the NPC will move so resaving can change things.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've found that it's much easier to confirm your frame using calls to Juggler Irwin. It works exactly like Elm calls (with different phrases obviously) except that you immediately have access to all three after you get his number.
P="How are you?"
E="Hearing about your escapades..."
K="I'm so glad you called!"

Delay is the amount of time between when you start the game from the menu and when you hit Continue. After you hit Continue, your delay is permanently set for that attempt and nothing you do will change it. At this point, you will be on frame 1 of your seed, plus any advances from roamers and NPCs. To see the frames for that seed, paste it into the main window of RNG Reporter and click Generate. Notice the "Elm" column, this will allow you to easily keep track of which frame you're on using Elm/Irwin calls. If the calls you're getting don't match the ones listed, you hit the wrong delay and you have to try again (search for the calls in Seed to Time to figure out what delay you actually hit, and use that to update the timer).

Edit: guess you figured it out while I was typing that :P

I want to get a pokemon from GBA insertion, but my delays switch to even and I need to hit odd delay. Is there anything I could do to fix that?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Plenty of options here in HGSS in consistent frame advancements, like Elm Calls, Irwin Calls, Radio (when the hour isn't 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, and 23), and even Chatot Voice Recognition (which is the only option in RNGing the Togepi Egg from Elm's Aide).

Try to use whichever is best for your needs :]

I want to get a pokemon from GBA insertion, but my delays switch to even and I need to hit odd delay. Is there anything I could do to fix that?
I think this is sadly the case of DPPt (more on D & P), as the delays sometimes will be both even & odd, whether or not there's a GBA cart inserted.
In HGSS, its easier, all you have to do is to press the down button on the touch screen, then up again, to go to the continue button.

I'm trying to figure out how to RNG wild Pokémon, but I can't seem to find any information on doing so in HG/SS.

From what I understand, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum use "Method J" for wild Pokémon, but is this the case from HGSS as well, or do they use something else?

I tried calculating a range of seeds using RNG Reporter, checking which seed I hit, and looking for matches in the generated results using Method J, but I couldn't find anything matching it at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)