First ASB Team Tournament! (Won by Team jassmashpwn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Team jassmashpwn vs. Those Three Guys Who Used To Scramble
-Singles: smashlloyd20 vs. Son_Of_Shadoo Ref: Maxim
-Doubles: Pwnemon vs. Dummy007 Ref: Leethoof
-Triples: jas61292 vs. Texas Cloverleaf Ref: Its_A_Random

Darkwing's Ducks vs. The Cookie Crisp Corgis
-Singles: Rediamond vs. EndQuote Ref: Wobbanaut
-Doubles: Lord Jesseus vs. Orcinus Duo Ref: Ragnarokalex
idk but this is going to be an amazing battle.
-Triples: Destiny Warrior vs. TheWolfe Ref: The Wanderer

Team Plasma vs. The Harbingers
-Singles: Kaxtar vs. Athenodoros Ref: Quagsires
-Doubles: zarator vs. LouisCyphre Ref: Dummy007
-Triples: C$FP vs. Leethoof Ref: Engineer Pikachu

The ASB Heavies vs. The Carnivorous Apples
-Singles: Quagsires vs. Flamestrike Ref: smashlloyd20
-Doubles: SubwayJ vs. Its_A_Random Ref: EspyOwner
-Triples: Tortferngatr vs. Engineer Pikachu Ref: Destiny Warrior

Soldiers of Gaia vs. The Mysterious Masqueraders
-Singles: King Serperior vs. Lady Salamence Ref: typon77
-Doubles: Complications vs. Gerard Ref: Son_Of_Shadoo
-Triples: Maxim vs. Glacier Knight Ref: Elevator Music

The Jacks of Peril vs. Cruel Britannia
-Singles: Yarnus of Bethany vs. Alchemator Ref: Metal Bagon
-Doubles: TheMogRunner vs. Objection Ref: Argetlam
-Triples: Galladiator vs. Dogfish44 Ref: deadfox081

The Star Gazers vs. The Dreaded SAT's
-Singles: typon77 vs. Temperantia Ref: SubwayJ
-Doubles: waterwarrior vs. SimonSays Ref: Yarnus of Bethany
-Triples: MrL vs. Arcanite Ref: Texas Cloverleaf

Team jassmashpwn vs. Those Three Guys Who Used To Scramble
-Singles: smashlloyd20 vs. Son_Of_Shadoo
-Doubles: Pwnemon vs. Dummy007
-Triples: jas61292 vs. Texas Cloverleaf

Darkwing's Ducks vs. The Cookie Crisp Corgis
-Singles: Rediamond vs. EndQuote
-Doubles: Lord Jesseus vs. Orcinus Duo
-Triples: Destiny Warrior vs. TheWolfe

Team Plasma vs. The Harbingers
-Singles: Kaxtar vs. Athenodoros
-Doubles: zarator vs. LouisCyphre
-Triples: C$FP vs. Leethoof

The ASB Heavies vs. The Carnivorous Apples
-Singles: Quagsires vs. Flamestrike
-Doubles: SubwayJ vs. Its_A_Random
-Triples: Tortferngatr vs. Engineer Pikachu

Soldiers of Gaia vs. The Mysterious Masqueraders
-Singles: King Serperior vs. Lady Salamence
-Doubles: Complications vs. Gerard
-Triples: Maxim vs. Glacier Knight

The Jacks of Peril vs. Cruel Britannia
-Singles: Yarnus of Bethany vs. Alchemator
-Doubles: TheMogRunner vs. Objection
-Triples: Galladiator vs. Dogfish44

The Star Gazers vs. The Dreaded SAT's
-Singles: typon77 vs. Temperantia
-Doubles: waterwarrior vs. SimonSays
-Triples: MrL vs. Arcanite

If anyone's looking for a convenient place to c/p their mons from, note that I have all the Pokemon in the 3-5 posts of the thread. I'll be keeping them updated with prize claims and such throughout the tournament, and unlike the signup thread it's still quotable!

As I have never had the honor of battleing Lady Salamence, I have no clue as to her (His? Heard it was a he, but not sure...) battle skills.

This prevents me from deciding if the battle will be close or not >_>

I'm a bit busy with work right now so I can't bug people on IRC, but if anyone is interested in subreffing a Doubles match PM/VM me.

We have our first victorious team! Thanks to speedy victories by Dogfish44 and Objection in Triples and Doubles respectively, Cruel Britannia has eliminated the Jacks of Peril! Congrats to the Brits and better luck next time to the Jacks!

As a side note, locking orders is stupid. It's one thing to make a placeholder as a ref because you don't want to ref the round only to find that someone changed their orders, or as a battler if you're going to post orders immediately but don't want to finish them only to find the original orders changed, but it's another to post immediately after someone saying "actions locked" then go away for an unspecified period of time. Because of this, effective immediately in all tourney matches:

1) All battlers may edit their actions anytime within 10 minutes of their original post (basically the time span where it won't show up if they've edited their actions) regardless of whether or not their opponent posts their own actions (aka you should wait 10 minutes before posting after your opponent). This doesn't apply if your opponent if offline or gives you permission to post.

2) If you place a placeholder post, you must post actions within 30 minutes of the placeholder going up. Otherwise it will be considered "action locking" and you will get a strike. Three strikes in one match and you will be DQed. This won't apply retroactively to current matches, since that would be royally unfair. If you post a placeholder but find yourself unable to edit in actions in time, either delete the post or post/edit saying that you will not to be able to make your actions in time.

Hopefully no one feels this is overly tyrannical or anything, if you do feel free to PM me. One last thing, I've been awfully lax on refs simply because I haven't had the time, but this round is taking quite a bit longer than I'd like (the Singles matches especially are moving slowly :/) so I will likely be getting subrefs mercilessly this weekend. This means two things in particular:

A) If you're a ref and close to going over DQ (either 3 days or 2 days for the 3rd time) I'd advise that you ref before you do or else you're liable to get subreffed.
B) If you're interested in reffing a match or two you should contact me so I know who wants to subref. Priority will be given to refs that I can trust to ref often and well in hopes of getting things moving more quickly.

EDIT: Addendum to the action locking rules; if the ref is the next person to post, then a player posting will not prevent the other player from editing their actions.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I think this is the most intense battle I've fought so far.

To be honest, I'm very happy with how things are going. Cookie Crisp Corgis was far too underrated.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Posting to confirm that jas61292 has officially won his battle against Texas Cloverleaf, giving Team jassmashpwn a 1-0 lead in their matchup against Team Those Three Guys who used to Scramble. GG you two!

Lord Jesseus reminded me of something fairly important; Veekun and some other sites had mistakes regarding Magic Coat, ie who could and couldn't learn it. In particular, Gengar and Machamp were listed as learning it, but in fact they do not. So if your Pokemon learns Magic Coat, I advise that you double-check and make sure that he does in fact learn it before it becomes a problem in a match. On the bright side from what I've seen Veekun has finally fixed this as Gengar, Machamp and Tauros all no longer have Magic Coat in their movepools, but to be safe you should probably check Bulbapedia.

Apologizing for the double post, but I need a subref for a Doubles match. If anyone is willing to take on a match please PM/VM me ASAP seeing as I can't get on IRC to ask people to ref.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I have a trip from late Friday to early Sunday, but that's only a 40-hour gap at worst. I could take that if you like.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL TOURNAMENT REFS AND BATTLERS:
Right now the wording for Roar/Whirlwind/Volt Switch/U-Turn and any similar moves that I'm missing implies that the reset effect happens regardless of whether it's Switch=KO or Switch=OK. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. According to Deck Knight himself, the reset effect happens ONLY in Switch=KO; in Switch=OK you only get the switch. I'm hoping that this'll be fixed in the DAT soon, but it should be treated this way in all battles going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)