My first attempt at an uber weather team: rain

This is a pretty basic team, i thought it up in about half an hour and did good with it on pokemon online, i just want some advice on how to improve the team so i can win more often.

Kyogre
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Trait: Drizzle
Scald
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Thunder
EV's: 100hp, 252def, 156sp.def
This is the obvious lead for a rain team, it can come in on almost any lead and get rain up; then procede to set up with calm mind and possibly sweep right from the start, scald was chosen over surf for the chance of a burn. Thunder is there to deal with opposing kyogre or other leads.

Giratina-o
Item: Griseous orb
Nature: Relaxed
Trait: Levitate
Dragon tail
Pain split
Toxic
Shadow sneak
EV's: 160hp, 96atk, 252def
This set is designed to switch in on an unfavourable matchup and dragon tail the opponent away, i can toxic other giratina or blissey and pain split to recover some health, shadow sneak is in there to allow giratina to act as a revenge killer, easily taking out enemy mewtwo once they have taken a few hits.

Thundurus
Item: Life orb
Nature: Modest
Trait: Prankster
Thunder
Nasty plot
Dark pulse
Grass knot
EV's: 252sp.atk, 252spe, 4hp
Thundurus is the main special attacker of the team, taking out enemy mewtwo and giratina, i can usually get in one nastly plot due to prankster, grass knot is for groudon which otherwise threatens my rain, thunder for abusing its new 100% accuracy to hit almost anything hard. Dark pulse is for giratina and mewtwo.

Excadrill
Item: Life orb
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Sand Rush
Earthquake
X-scissor
Rapid spin
Swords dance
EV's: 252atk, 252spe, 4hp
This set is aimed at switching into a pokemon that it completely walls (such as zekrom) and using the opportunity to either set up swords dance or rapid spin away enemy entry hazards. Earthquake is for STAB, x-scissor is for enemy t-tars or mewtwos.

Manaphy
Item: Leftovers
Nature:Modest
Trait: Hydration
Scald
Ice beam
Calm mind
Rest
EV's: 252sp.atk, 96def, 96sp.def, 56spe.
This set completely abuses the rain, i switch into a special attacker and start setting up calm minds, i alternate between calm mind and rest(waking up immediately due to hydration) to getto max sp.atk and max sp.def. Then i try to sweep the enemy team. Scald is for stab and the possibility of a burn and ice beam is for dragon types and grass types.

Arceus-grass
Item: Meadow plate
Nature: Modest
Trait: Multitype
Judgement
Stealth rock
Roar
Toxic
EV's: 196def, 196sp.def, 60sp.atk, 56spe.
Arceus is designed to be a sort of mixed wall/phazer, i try and set up stealth rocks and then roar the enemy team racking up damage; i toxic the pokemon that aren't immune to it. I ty and set up stealth rocks as early in game as possible, then i bring arceus in when the enemy team is weakened to try and finish the game quickly. Judgement is there to do supereffective damage to bulky waters such as kyogre and manaphy.

I appreciate any advice that anybody can give me, the ev's are a bit random becuase i like increasing the pokemon's strength while making their weakness a little more bearable.

you should really read the guidelines for making an rmt thread and Dialga pretty much gives you problems once excadrill is gone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)