November Rain (Offensive Rain)

My Biggest Need

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At a glance

Team Building

I wanted to start off with a typical rain offensive scheme, tornadus with the tailwind supporting the other 2's slow speed but great power.​

I figured ide try a rotom-w with specs, its got a lot of power and STAB thunder with STAB Rain Hydro pump it can ohko most of the common threats in OU​

I had an electric weakness opened and i figured Lanturn and celebi could patch that up real well.​

I cant explain why, but celebi wasn't getting the job done and i had trouble finding a good pokemon to fill that hole.​

In the end breloom ended up getting the job done well.​

Frogger (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Politoed is obviously the rain starter, with specs it can do around 85% to ferro ohko most t-tars in the sand, and do a lot of damage with hydro pump in the rain, with timid and max speed it can outrun a lot of what it needs to while still having a lot of power with its specs. It punishes people who send out grass or water types in on hydro pump because it can do a lot of damage to anything.

Disaster (Tornadus) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Hammer Arm

Tornadus is a great weapon, it tears through things with hurricane and its sash allows it to get more havoc caused, often times it can hang onto its sash and use tailwind to set up an easy revenge kill. I prefer Hammer Arm over Focus blast by far as tornadus attracts chanseys, blisseys, and tyranitar as donuts attract fat chicks. This guy can often save me from a potential sweeper with tailwind as my whole teams fast behind tailwind and combined this team can ohko pretty much any sweeper.

BunnyRoids (Azumarill) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Azumarill is super powerful and with its speed evs it allows it to outrun a few things aswell as be 400 speed with tailwind, the LO over CB allows it to better sweep with the tailwind and allows it to take advantage of people expecting a CB. Azumarill is a great weapon as people try to refrain from sending out something to take that extremly powerfull waterfall that 2hkos max defense max hp lefties skarmory.

1$ Per Usage (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Trick
- Hydro Pump

Rotom with specs causes a lot of havoc, its hydro pump and thunder allow it to shread through almost anything aswell as 2hko most celebis, while volt switch allows it to hit and run and set up a good positioning for the team, trick can help ruin walls like chansey and gastrodon. Rotom with a tailwind is defenetly something to be feared. If i use this guy with good prediction he can make people tear their hair out of their heads.

Mushroom Man (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk(Change credit to bribery)/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
-Bulk Up (Change credit to zetlops)
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch (change credit to zetlops)
Brelooms great as it can spore what it needs to then get behind that sub, once bre's behind that sub brelooms very hard to stop as it can do ampel damage to almost everything with focus punch while seed bomb helps me take care of threats like gastro, also its toxic orb not only regenerates health but it can also save me from a status move on any of my pokes. Breloom can help me from a bit of a quagsire and gastrodon problem.

Im the light (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump

Lanturns a great utility as it can save me from a good electric move and rotoms aswell as getting things paralyzed, but with hydropump and thunder this guy can actually do damage with tailwind. this guy is great phyiscally defensive because it can take a +1 outrage from a dragonite and get it paralyzed with t-wave while proceeding to break its multiscale with thunder. Lanturns great for being defensive and still dishing out a great offensive strategy.

Please Help By Suggesting Tips To Improve This Team

Threat List

Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - Politoed, Azumaril,l Rotom, Breloom, tornadus can hit it hard
  • Choice Scarf - Politoed, Azumarill, Breloom
  • Dragon Dance - Azumarill and Breloom, lanturn can ruin it with t-wave unless its the EQ set.
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Breloom and Lanturn Resist Electric/water lanturn resists hp ice
  • Support - Bre out speeds spores then subs, lanturn stops it short.
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - Azumarill outspeeds and ohkos, tornadus can do a number on it, politoed outspeeds and ohkos, rotom outspeeds and ohkos
  • Swords Dance - Same as above
  • Bulky Swords Dance - Same as above
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - Lanturn can survive its outrage and para, tornadus can hang on to its sash then set up tailwind where azu can ohko and toed can ohko if multiscale is broken
  • Dragon Dance - Same as above
  • Mixed - Tailwind can set up its finisher
  • Parashuffler - Azumarill
  • Rain Abuse - Same as Choice band
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf - Lanturn Breloom and Rotom can do good damage to it
  • 3 Attacks - Same as above
Heatran:
  • Standard - Politoed lanturn Rotom and Azumarill beat it easily
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Azumarill hits it hard, it cant set up on Toed or Rotom, Bre can spore it
  • Expert Belt - Rotom and toed can beat it with hydro and lanturn can para it.
  • Choice Scarf - Lanturn Rotom and Toed shut it down
Latios:
  • Life Orb / Expert Belt - Tailwind tornadus can hit it hard then set up its revenge killer
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Same as above
  • Calm Mind - Same as above
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind - Azumarill and Rotom, and toed if its not +1 yet
  • Offensive Trick Room - Azumarill, Politoed and Rotom
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Tornadus Tailwind sets up its revenge kill
  • Dragon Dance - Sane As above
  • Double Dance - Same as above
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot - In the rain its got nothing on toed and lanturn can para while azu can hit it hard in the sun
  • Choice Specs - Toed, Azumarill, Lanturn
  • Special Attacker - Same as plot
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up - Azumarill, Politoed, Rotom, Breloom, Lanturn can do a number on it, and especially tornadus, basically the whole team
  • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - Same as above
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper - Tornadus Beats it or sets up a tailwind
  • Tinkerbell - Same as above
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Same as above
Terrakion:
  • Double Dance - Azumarill ohkos with aqua jet, anything beats it behind a tailwind
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Same as above
  • Substitute + Swords Dance - Same as above
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Hp electric on toed, thunder on lanturn and rotom, breloom behind a tailwind can spore it
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Same as above
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Azumarill politoed and rotom can all ohko and with a tailwind beat it without a hitch.
Starmie:
  • Life Orb - Rotom and lanturn, tornadus, breloom with tailwind
  • Rapid Spin - Same as above
  • Choice Specs - Same as above
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance - Azumarill, Rotom, Brebre and Lanturn with a tailwind
  • Choice Scarf - Azumarill, Rotom, Politoed, Tailwind
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Same as RP/SD
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker - Azumarill ohkos with jet, tornadus outspeeds and ohkos with hurricane, politoed and rotom, tailwind
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - Same as above
  • Choice Band - Same as above
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance - Azumarill aqua jet ohkos, tornadus beats it, or sets up tailwind where anything can stop it besides bre.
  • Bulky Quiver Dance - Same as above
  • Chesto Rest - Same as above
  • Substitute - Same as above
Magnezone:
  • Substitute - Tailwind allows my team to wreck it, also it cant touch lanturn
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - same as above
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind - Azumarill, tornadus, tailwind
  • Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer - Same as above.
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance - Tailwind allows my whole team except lanturn to handle it
  • Mixed - same as above
  • Defensive - Same as above
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band -Same as above
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive - Tailwind allows my whole team to beat it except lanturn
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Same as above
  • Substitute - Same as above
Breloom:
  • Bulk Up - Tornadus, Toeds a speed tie or faster, azu with tailwind
  • Sub Seed - Same as above
  • Sub Punch - Same as above
Latias:
  • Calm Mind - Tailwind allows azu to handle it, or toed if its +0
  • Offensive Tank - Same as above
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance - Tornadus, Lanturn, Rotom
  • Bulk Up - Same as above
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance - Rotom, tornadus, politoed, bre with tailwind
  • Nasty Plot - Same as above
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind - Tornadus, Tailwind azu
  • Swords Dance - Same as a bove
  • Dual Screens - Same as above
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance - Azumarill, Tornadus, Rotom, Politoed, Lanturn paras
  • Bulk Up - Same as above
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth - Tornadus, Toed and azumarill if tailwind
  • Mixed Growth - Same as above
  • SubSeed - Same as above
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock - Politoed, Lanturn, Rotom, Azumarill
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Toed,Rotom,Azu, Lanturn
  • Agility - Toed, Rotom, Azu, Lanturn
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker - Tornadus, Tailwind
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Same as above
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash - toed, rotom, lanturn, tornadus, breloom, azumarill
  • Utility - Rotom, Lanturn, Tornadus, Toed, Bre
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker - Azumarill, Politoed, Rotom
  • Focus Sash + Endeavor - Same as above
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Azumarill ohkos with jet, Politoed, Rotom, Tailwind
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser - My tornadus bcuz of sash, and tailwind revenge kills, Rotom, Lanturn, Politoed
Abomasnow:
  • Choice Scarf - Tornadus ohkos, toed focus blasts if its locked on an ice move
  • SubSeed - Tornadus handles it, tailwind revenge kills
  • Mixed Attacker - Same as above
Alakazam:
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Anything with tailwind except lanturn
  • Offensive Calm Mind - Same as above
  • Focus Sash - Same as above
Azelf:
  • Dual Screens - Azumarill, Tornadus, Tailwind, Rotom, Politoed
  • Lead - Same as above
  • Nasty Plot - Same as above
Azumarill:
  • Choice Band - Rotom, Breloom, Lanturn, Politoed
Deoxys-D:
  • Fast Spiker - Politoed, Azumarill
Dugtrio:
  • Focus Sash - Azumarill, Tornadus, Breloom, tailwind, Toed
Empoleon:
  • Agility - Rotom, Toed, Tailwind Breloom, Azumarill
Gorebyss:
  • SmashPass - Breloom, Tailwind, Rotom, Lanturn
  • Shell Smash Sweeper - Same as above
Kingdra:
  • Dragon Dance - Rotom, Lanturn, Tailwind
  • Rain Dance - Same as above
Kyurem:
  • Choice - Lanturn with thunder wave, Tailwind, Azumarill
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Azumarill and tailwind
Victini:
  • Choice Band / Scarf - Lanturn, Rotom, Politoed
  • Physical Attacker - Same as above
Stoutland:
  • Choice Band - Politoed, Rotom, Breloom, Tailwind, Tornadus
Smeargle:
  • Baton Pass - Azumarill, Tornadus, Tailwind
Sharpedo:
  • Speed Boost - Politoed, Rotom, Lanturn
Rotom-C:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Lanturn can handle it stuck on electric, TOrnadus, and bre if its stuck on grass
  • Support - Tornadus, Tailwind
Standard OU Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive - Breloom, Toed, Rotom, Lanturn
Rotom-W:
  • Standard - Breloom, My rotom, Lanturn
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard - Toed can do 85%, Tornadus, Breloom
Politoed:
  • Defensive - Rotom, Lanturn, Breloom
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance - Rotom, Toed, Tornadus, Azumarill
  • Substitute + Protect - Same as above
  • AcroBat - Same as above
  • Defensive - Same as above
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive - Azumarill, Rotom, Politoed, Lanturn
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive - Rotom, Politoed, Breloom, Azumarill
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Rotom, Lanturn, Politoed, Azumarill
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive - Politoed, Lanturn Paras it, Rotom
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive - Tornadus, Tailwind
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Toed, Rotom, Azumarill, Tornadus
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk - Toed, Rotom, Lanturn
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter - Breloom, Rotom, Lanturn can wear it down
Tentacruel:

Toxic Spikes - Rotom, Lanturn, Tornadus, Breloom

Gastrodon:
  • Tank - Breloom, Tornadus, Rotom Trick
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens - Azumarill, Rotom-w, Politoed, Tornadus
  • Baton Pass - Same as above
Blissey:
  • Support - Azumarill, Breloom, Tornadus
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support - Rotom, Breloom, Tornadus
Latias:
  • Support - Azumarill, Tornadus, Tailwind
Bronzong:
  • Tank - Azumarill, Rotom, Politoed
Swampert:
  • Defensive - Azumarill, Rotom, Breloom, Lanturn, Tornadus
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker - Tornadus, Azumarill, Rotom, Politoed
Slowbro:
  • Tank - Breloom, Tornadus, Rotom, Lanturn
Quagsire:
  • Curse - Azumarill, Rotom, Breloom, Tornadus
  • Specially Defensive - Same as above subtract tornadus
  • Physically Defensive - Same as curse
Cresselia:
  • Support - Azumarill, Rotom, Politoed, Breloom
Deoxys-D:
  • Bulky Spiker - Azumarill, Rotom, Politoed, Breloom, Tornadus
  • Toxic Staller - Same as above
Empoleon:
  • Specially Defensive - Breloom, Rotom, Politoed, Lanturn
Hippowdon:
  • Physical Tank - Politoed, Rotom, Breloom, Azumarill
Xatu:
  • Standard - Azumarill, Politoed, Rotom, Lanturn
Wobbuffet:
  • Bulky -Breloom, Others can wear it down
Whimsicott:
  • Prankster - Azumarill, Breloom, Tornadus
Tangrowth:
  • Physically Defensive - Tornadus, Politoed, Breloom, Azu can hit it hard
Sableye:
  • Prankster - Politoed, Rotom, Tornadus, Azumarill
Porygon2:
  • Defensive - Azumarill, Rotom, Politoed, Breloom
Chansey:
  • Support - Azumarill, Tornadus, Breloom

I like your team and great names, but there are a few pokemon mentioned in the threats list which will really hit this team hard.
One that stands out is scizor though you do have one pokemon to kill it, its not reliable enougth, for example swords dance scizor comes in on auzumarill while its locked in ice punch.
It can now set up and bullet punch, bug bite away, i would sugest another counter that is reliable especially as azumarill is frail and 1 hit from another pokemon can easyly ko it.
So i suggest a fire move in here somewhere, yes i know it gets lowered.
May i suggest volcorana.
It gets hurricane and hidden power what ever you want it to be plus has easy quiver dance support and mighty stab bug buzz, plus fiery dance and flamethrower still do a good amount they just loose stab.
It would also help if there were bigger discriptions but nice team :)

I honestly was having trouble at first finding a flaw with the team, and still am really...though the aforementioned suggestions will do very well, especially Volcarona. Allow me to expand upon what blobzzz said about it. Not only does it get Hurricane, which gets 100% accuracy in rain, but it's a great Pokemon in case you go against a drought team such as mine. 150% power boost to fire type moves on top of STAB is a force to reckon with, especially since many drought teams pack Grass types with Chlorophyll or Solar Power. Though they're rare, Hail teams could potentially be an issue since your only Ice counter is fighting type moves, of which you have...oh. Five. Erm...yeah, might take that into consideration, it seems like a lot to me. It would be understandable if it got a rain boost, but...you see what I mean.

Alright thanks for the tips, 1 thing tho is azumarill doesnt getr locked, its a life orb user, Also with volcarona what would you suggest i replace for it? Also just saying scizors never been a problem, since politoed and rotom are faster and can tank a +2 BP

(Lanturn is missing a fourth move and you should really invest those last 4 EV's on Politoed and Azumarill in something.)
First off, I suggest running Bulk Up over Substitute and Drain Punch over Focus Punch on Breloom. Even with the Toxic Orb, Breloom doesn't recover enough HP to stay in for a while - as its defenses aren't exactly stellar - so Drain Punch patches this problem up quite well.
On Azumarill, you shouldn't run Ice Punch and Superpower - try Return over Superpower because you can still do damage while not ruining your ability to sweep with the Attack and Defense drops.
Other than that, this team looks pretty solid.

Thanks for the heads up a few of those got cut off lanturns 4th move is hydro pump and rotom and politoed have 4 hp evs, ill test out your suggestions and see how they work, i apprechiate the rate.

I added more to the descriptions and gave it some more colour

Despite what you said about Lanturn being able to take a CB Outrage, Dragonite, and by extent haxorus, are looking like problems. With no safe switch in's (Lanturn is 2HKO'd) Your loosing at least one 'mon should they be able to switch in safely. I dont have any suggestions as of right now, and of course they might not be as troublesome as I am making them out to be (Just theorymoning here). I'll do a full rate later.

Just one thing though. Don't you think that having two specs pokemon is rather redundant? Try a Sub +3 Attacks Toed, it can really help tip the tables when engaged in a weather war.

Lanturn is awesome and all, but Ferrothorn can cover much of what it can and is a more reliable check to Dragon types. Plus it gives you a hazard user which is very useful for obvious reasons.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

I'd also give Rotom-W Choice Scarf > Choice Specs. 2 Specs users is a little redundant. Scarf Rotom is an excellent scout and revenge killer.

Sharp Beak > Focus Sash on Tornadus will give Hurricane an extra kick while bluffing the Choice Specs set.

Lastly, change Breloom's EV spread to 12 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe. The extra HP EVs let you gain an extra point in Poison Heal recovery.

The main problem that plagues the team still is the fact that you have no hazards or a spinner. Unless you lead with Tornadus, his Sash could be broken by Rocks, which is why a spinner is important as well. My suggestion is Donphan>Lanturn for several reasons: He can absorb the Electric-type attacks that easily harm your team; he can set up rocks; he is a great spinner and is guaranteed a second turn if sturdy isn't broken. Try this set:

@Leftovers/ Sturdy/ Impish
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Def
Earthquake/ Rapid Spin/ Stealth Rock/ Ice Shard OR Toxic (this is mainly preference - Toxic for residual damage or Ice Shard to hurt stuff like Landorus and Gliscor)

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team. I don't really like Lanturn on this team as it sacrifices offensive mommentum for the sake of checking Rotom-W (which Breloom can do). At the same time, I see a huge weakness to sun as nothing likes taking boosted Fire/Grass-type attacks from the likes of Growth Venusaur. DD Dragonite also sweeps you team fairly easily as Azumarill can't revenge kill it with Aqua Jet. A good Lanturn replacement that also fixes your sun/DD Dragonite weaknesses would be a Choice Scarf Latios. Latios checks a lot of common sun sweepers and rips most sun teams apart with it's dragon STAB. Scarf Latios can also revenge kill +1 Dragonite, even breaking through Multiscale with Draco Meteor. Latios's TrickScarf can really help your team as you struggle to beat teams with both Blissey can Ferrothorn on them (a common combo on rain stall team) since Rotom can only Trick specs to one of them. Recover on a Choice set might seem questionable, but after you trick the scarf away, Latios can safely heal up.

With Scarf Latios and Azumarill's strong Aqua Jet, Tailwind won't see much use on Torndaus so I suggest using Rain Dance instead. Your team is really dependant on rain and with Rain Dance you can support Politoed. A secondary rain inducer is always useful as the opponent will usually sac their weather inducer once they take down Politoed. Also consider using Taunt over U-turn and Life Orb. Without a spinner, Focus Sash can easily be broken, and Tornadus shouldn't really be U-turning with Stealth Rock down. Life Orb makes Hurricane almost impossible to switch into, while also putting some extra power into Hammer Arm. Taunt prevents non-Gyro Ball Ferrothorn from setting up hazards which somewhat compensates for your lack of spinner. Lastly, I would use Perish Song over HP Electric on Politoed. Perish Song trolls Baton Pass teams and SubCM Latias/Jirachi. HP Electric won't really be missed as Latios / Rotom-W can deal with Gyarados, while Breloom can help Rotom take out any bulky waters.

Latios | Levitate | Choice Scarf
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor | Trick | Surf | Recover

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)