Pokemon Jams

Pokemon games have always been blessed with solid soundtracks, so let's celebrate them!

I'll kick this off by pumpin' up the jams:

[youtube]JNJJ-QkZ8cM[/youtube]

Probably my favorite song in any Pokemon game. Up until this point, Pokemon had been mostly upbeat, and it returned to that upbeat feeling afterwards. Lavender Town was never meant to be a happy place, however; it's where people bury their dead Pokemon (and I thought they could only get temporarily knocked out ;-;)

With an air of mystic, an intensely creepy atmosphere, and an overall depressing concept, Lavender Town was a truly distressing location. This song can instantly send chills through your spine and makes these themes clear as soon as you enter the town's borders. Forever unsettling, I love this jam.

As a bonus:

[youtube]IoimML6EanE[/youtube]

Pretty much the complete opposite of the first song there. This was among the most upbeat songs in any Pokemon game. I adored it as a child, even though it only fully played when you tried to exit Pewter City without battling Brock first and that one guy was all "yo, man, you gotta battle the gym leader first, c'mon!" As a kid, I would try to leave the town just to hear the song, then walk back and try to leave again, just to keep the beat going >.>

While both of those are from Red and Blue, this thread is for any and every Pokemon game (side games included)! So post up some jams and let's hear some good tunes ^.^

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
everyone knows i'm all about the dp game corner

[youtube]-Ac1BsPvZWQ[/youtube]

it's the REMIX

[youtube]utyq_Jg3ekU[/youtube]

RSE - Route 113 - Idk why I love this so much. It feels rather melancholic.

Colosseum - Cipher Peon Battle - Also plays during Round 2 of most Colosseum battles. One of the more tolerable tunes in the game. Strangely enough, this also plays in XD but only in Colosseums.

Platinum - Battle Factory - OMG the beats. It feels like the background beat to a freestyle rap or something, I just really like the sounds (base?). The HGSS version is inferior IMO it lacks the 'booms' that Plat does really well.

[youtube]V7bPQTpCAt8[/youtube]

I'm definitely a fan of this piece. I loved the route and the mood that the song set.

And for completely different reasons
[youtube]JR-YvxgnFH8[/youtube]
I just love this song, its well made and really catchy.

[youtube]W-NHrwJgWzM[/youtube]
I've heard it so much that this song almost got annoying. But its still really nice to listen to and reminds me of my journey through Pokemon.

I think D/P/P had the best music overall, though every generation has their gems.

[youtube]kAHHFc-gIeI[/youtube]
except this. So much win. I don't think you can beat this with anything.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Probably my favorite song in any Pokemon game. Up until this point, Pokemon had been mostly upbeat, and it returned to that upbeat feeling afterwards. Lavender Town was never meant to be a happy place, however; it's where people bury their dead Pokemon (and I thought they could only get temporarily knocked out ;-;)

With an air of mystic, an intensely creepy atmosphere, and an overall depressing concept, Lavender Town was a truly distressing location. This song can instantly send chills through your spine and makes these themes clear as soon as you enter the town's borders. Forever unsettling, I love this jam.
This is a classic that is somewhere deep inside Firebot and I can't be assed to find it, but it's very fitting for this thread. I doubt the backstory is true but it's very sweet and has stuck with me since I originally watched out. Very creepy too.
[youtube]MK2iLnTR9V8[/youtube]

Love this short one, could listen to it loop for hours, so calm and peaceful:

[youtube]vvtoudvkQtU[/youtube]

also, it's too bad the plasma grunts are so fail, they got a pretty cool theme:

[youtube]r5zgxi-80eU[/youtube]

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think the best soundtrack of the series belongs to R/B/Y, or Stadium (which mostly is orchestrated R/B/Y music). The restrictions of the GameBoy meant that the composers had to make melodic, simple tunes, instead of the horrible jumble of instruments that is the D/P soundtrack (OK, the Sinnoh Underground/Spear Pillar Battle are good, but the rest is just... I have no word). The R/B/Y music is so catchy and simple, easy to remember and provides tons of neat memories.

G/S/C music didn't stick as much with me. Sure, everybody remembers Goldenrod City, the Bicycle tune, and a battle theme or two, but the music was a little more vague than the R/B/Y one.

R/S/E was good too. Lots of catchy music, and good use of the instruments. Who can forget the blaring trumpets of Route 103? The soft, cozy tune of Fortree City? The awesome that is Battle Frontier? The Oceanic Museum? The PokéMart theme?

I have no high opinion on the D/P music. I think it's all a bunch of "Look how many instruments we can have playing at the same time!!". The battle themes are chaotic and messy, the route themes as generic as the routes they're being played on, and the town themes just forgettable. The Sinnoh Underground music is great, though. Same goes for Route 209 and Dialga/Palkia battle, though in both instances I prefer the SSBB remixes (remice?).

Pokémon Colosseum/XD deserve a mention simply for Pyrite Town's music.

Also, I might risk being banned for advertising here, but this might interest some of the piano players on here (if any):
http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheetmusic.php?series=Pokemon

EDIT: Omicron, we have sheets: http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheets/Pokemon/PokemonDiamondPearlPlatinum/ApproachingChampionCynthia.pdf

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

this is good, you should get this

best tracks imo: out of antidote - viridian forest, my friend mudkip - dewford town, bullet for my mamoswine - route 225

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
How can someone not of put forward the tune from Violet/Olivine City?!

[youtube]kFNHlJ6yvEA[/youtube]

I used to just leave my GBC on just so I could listen to this song :)

Ok well here are two very excellent and very overlooked themes from RSE:

[youtube]Foo1XLXip4A[/youtube]

I honestly kind of wish this could have been the surfing theme for the entire game because I'm not a fan of the actual one. It took me a while to remember where this was from; it's the boat theme when you travel with Mr. Briney to Dewford and Slateport.

[youtube]TEtlhq1PxI4[/youtube]

And this one is just...wow, I regret never really listening to the entire theme in-game because it's almost ipod worthy imo (and it's a lot longer than you would expect from an RSE theme, doesn't repeat until 1:23). Too busy fighting Team Magma/Aqua and trying to catch Vulpix and Chimecho I guess.

I've always been a fan of the RBY Gym Leader theme. But which version is best?

[youtube]9OO5VAKk0d8[/youtube]
[youtube]3qu2IB7mykU[/youtube]
[youtube]Zd6uH15cJRM[/youtube]

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6UK4zvKKDA[/youtube]

This will be the best 15 minutes of your day

Ugh. Showsni's first link has the second loop muddied with move sound effects. I think NickAura was trying to enhance the feeling of "there's a battle going on", but I CAME FOR THE MUSIC DAMN IT.

Cynthia's intro theme is rather beautiful and dramatic, but her "bricks-will-be-shat" power was most likely born out of our struggles against the unstoppable force that was her Garchomp in DPP to this theme.

[youtube]cUVx7k4A1dE[/youtube]

(this video is also a stellar example of "boobs in the thumbnail = more views")

[youtube]4MNAktk9ei8[/youtube]
How could I forget this? It defined Gen 2 for me, a reward for finally defeating Whitney.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think the best soundtrack of the series belongs to R/B/Y, or Stadium (which mostly is orchestrated R/B/Y music). The restrictions of the GameBoy meant that the composers had to make melodic, simple tunes, instead of the horrible jumble of instruments that is the D/P soundtrack (OK, the Sinnoh Underground/Spear Pillar Battle are good, but the rest is just... I have no word). The R/B/Y music is so catchy and simple, easy to remember and provides tons of neat memories.

G/S/C music didn't stick as much with me. Sure, everybody remembers Goldenrod City, the Bicycle tune, and a battle theme or two, but the music was a little more vague than the R/B/Y one.

R/S/E was good too. Lots of catchy music, and good use of the instruments. Who can forget the blaring trumpets of Route 103? The soft, cozy tune of Fortree City? The awesome that is Battle Frontier? The Oceanic Museum? The PokéMart theme?

I have no high opinion on the D/P music. I think it's all a bunch of "Look how many instruments we can have playing at the same time!!". The battle themes are chaotic and messy, the route themes as generic as the routes they're being played on, and the town themes just forgettable. The Sinnoh Underground music is great, though. Same goes for Route 209 and Dialga/Palkia battle, though in both instances I prefer the SSBB remixes (remice?).
Swap RBY with GSC and this is pretty much my opinion on the series. I like many more DPPT themes however, such as the Legendary Pixies' theme, Cynthia's, Route 201, Galactic Grunts', Cyrus's...

Well ok I like a lot of DPPt's music. From the battle themes to the incidental music (caught a pokémon, defeated a Gym Leader). I usually never pay attention to route themes because huhhh I don't know why, but THIS one is one of my favourites

[youtube]gf7qay60PVU[/youtube]

(this video is also a stellar example of "boobs in the thumbnail = more views")
Oh, so this is why I always read your posts.

[youtube]sfWmYPw-6Sk[/youtube]

This had quite an impact on my DP experience. It was a very good idea to include this theme so early in the game, as it really is a great piece of work and has a very soothing effect.

Edit: Ah that explains it. Ty.

Mario With Lasers

Words of wisdom (because I had it wrong the first time too): You only put what's after the "v=" inside the youtube tag.

Mario With Lasers

Arceus theme would be beyond awesome... if it could get its damn looping point right. It shouldn't start the loop right at the drums combo, but before the first drum beat (with this I mean, by that drum-drum-drumdrumdrumdrum, and not loop at the drumdrumdrumdrum already).

[youtube]t6UK4zvKKDA[/youtube]

This will be the best 15 minutes of your day
I fixed it!

Ok wee actual content... Personally the tracks from rse and dp were the best. Mount pyre was already mentioned but Route 113, the Abandoned Ship theme, and the Flood theme are all some of the best. Fire red champion battle is pretty badass too, could easily be in a movie if it was remixed a tad with orchestrals lolol

Dp era the mount coronet theme extended is just incredible... I get this sense of awe almost because you realize that palkia / dialga / giratina / arceus can all be found up there... If you've ever hacked to get to the hall of judgement or whatever you get with the azure flute you know what I mean when I say it really sets a lot of dramatic / epic scenes up in game. Torn world theme in platinum was also pretty good! Giratina battle though... Probably the most intense battle in terms of music I've had. Hg / SS, the kimono girl dance for summoning inside the seafoam islands is pretty cool, and the encounter themes for bothadcots are cool in that they each give off this different sort of personality maybe? For each of them. Sinjoh ruins fall under the same category as coronet, and ruins of alph as well to an extent. Also kanto trainer battle and red theme ^____^

Sorry I can't link all this stuff I'm on my phone!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)