Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I used the exact same methods for advancing frames as I'm using successfully with the other RNG manipulations. (calls to Elm and Joey)
This may be the problem, Elm calls do not advance the RNG that determines PID. NPCs also do not affect it, so you don't need to worry about staying inside.

I always use frame 1 seeds for PID abuse, just because it's easier and pretty much impossible to advance the frame by accident.

This may be the problem, Elm calls do not advance the RNG that determines PID. NPCs also do not affect it, so you don't need to worry about staying inside.

I always use frame 1 seeds for PID abuse, just because it's easier and pretty much impossible to advance the frame by accident.
That could be why then.

I'll try with a seed that starts on frame 1.

I keep receiving the above error whenever I try to use the seed finder section of Pandora's box, no matter what information is entered.

For year remove the 12 and leave 20. Only problem is that then the delay will be off in Pandora's Box, so just right click and click Generate More Times on the seed you find and that will give you the accurate delay for 2012. I believe it's always +8 to whatever Pandora's Box displays.

FYI calling Joey when he doesn't want a rematch advances the Egg RNG by two frames.
I know, that's why I usually use him. Much faster than calling Elm. I only use Elm if i need to hit an odd frame.

I tried a two more times with egg seeds on frame 1 (two different seeds), and that resulted in the correct nature and ability, but the Pokémon was not shiny even though it should have been according to RNG Reporter. Of course, that isn't really a big deal power-wise, but it would be interesting to know why.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I tried a two more times with egg seeds on frame 1 (two different seeds), and that resulted in the correct nature and ability, but the Pokémon was not shiny even though it should have been according to RNG Reporter. Of course, that isn't really a big deal power-wise, but it would be interesting to know why.
Either you entered your ID/SID wrong in the search, or you actually hit a different frame or seed that just happened to also have the right nature and ability.

Either you entered your ID/SID wrong in the search, or you actually hit a different frame or seed that just happened to also have the right nature and ability.
I've tried a few more, and except for one, which presumably got messed up somehow, it's the same thing. Nature and ability is correct, but not shiny.

ID matches what it says in the game, and SID I calculated using RNGReporter's Calculate PID from IVs function with my red gyarados' IVs calculated using Serebii.net's IV calculator and Rare Candies. I can't really verify whether it is correct, but unless the IV calculator or RNGreporter's function is broken, it should be. Is there any better way to verify it or calculate it?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I've tried a few more, and except for one, which presumably got messed up somehow, it's the same thing. Nature and ability is correct, but not shiny.

ID matches what it says in the game, and SID I calculated using RNGReporter's Calculate PID from IVs function with my red gyarados' IVs calculated using Serebii.net's IV calculator and Rare Candies. I can't really verify whether it is correct, but unless the IV calculator or RNGreporter's function is broken, it should be. Is there any better way to verify it or calculate it?
Did you use the Chain to SID calculator? Because the Gyarados uses a different generation method from regular shinies, so the normal calculator won't give you accurate results.

Alternately, you can just upload one of your Pokémon to Pokécheck and figure it out for sure without needing a calculator

I'm trying to RNG a Safari Zone Jolly Vibrava. I've set up the blocks and my encounter slot is 1. I've hit the seed many times, but I never get the Vibrava I want. My frame is 51, and I've stopped at either 50 or 52. Sometimes it's something else like a Fearow or Sandshrew, which seem to have the exact same set of IVs each time. When I do get Vibrava, it has IVs of 22/11/31/11/2/31. What am I doing wrong?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well try again first although resaving is to deal with other random events like NPCs. Otherwise try another spread.

I'm trying to RNG a Safari Zone Jolly Vibrava. I've set up the blocks and my encounter slot is 1. I've hit the seed many times, but I never get the Vibrava I want. My frame is 51, and I've stopped at either 50 or 52. Sometimes it's something else like a Fearow or Sandshrew, which seem to have the exact same set of IVs each time. When I do get Vibrava, it has IVs of 22/11/31/11/2/31. What am I doing wrong?
Why are you stopping at 50 or 52? If your target is 51 you have to go directly to 51 and then sweet scent. Also keep in mind that Reporter might not calculate Safari Zone slots correctly (although, I though it did...).

Before you find a new seed, check the frames and see if you find the IV spread you've been getting on a frame near 51. If you don't, then change the seed.

But I just checked Reporter and I think I found the seed you're using. It's a Cute Charm seed, right? I generated the frames and it looks like you're hitting frame 55, which is also slot 1 and is also Jolly. Try this seed again and make sure you advance directly to frame 51, then sweet scent.

Why are you stopping at 50 or 52? If your target is 51 you have to go directly to 51 and then sweet scent. Also keep in mind that Reporter might not calculate Safari Zone slots correctly (although, I though it did...).

Before you find a new seed, check the frames and see if you find the IV spread you've been getting on a frame near 51. If you don't, then change the seed.

But I just checked Reporter and I think I found the seed you're using. It's a Cute Charm seed, right? I generated the frames and it looks like you're hitting frame 55, which is also slot 1 and is also Jolly. Try this seed again and make sure you advance directly to frame 51, then sweet scent.
I did, and I got a Sandshrew. I don't I think I miscounted since I did it twice, and got the same Sandshrew both times.

I did, and I got a Sandshrew. I don't I think I miscounted since I did it twice, and got the same Sandshrew both times.
Did you get the right IVs at least?

If so then Reporter must list the slots wrong. I have a guide that explains how to find each slot for a specific frame, and then manipulating your blocks so that you can get your target Pokemon on that encounter slot.

If you got the wrong IVs then you need a new seed :(

Did you get the right IVs at least?

If so then Reporter must list the slots wrong. I have a guide that explains how to find each slot for a specific frame, and then manipulating your blocks so that you can get your target Pokemon on that encounter slot.

If you got the wrong IVs then you need a new seed :(
I didn't get the right IVs. I might go for a new seed but for now, I'll probably just breed a Shiny one (since I'm using my first save for HG and didn't abuse for ID/SID) and probably go for a different nature next time.

I didn't get the right IVs. I might go for a new seed but for now, I'll probably just breed a Shiny one (since I'm using my first save for HG and didn't abuse for ID/SID) and probably go for a different nature next time.
Wait, I think I know what was going on. When you were advancing the frame, were you keeping track of the frame with Elm calls, or just counting? If you were using Elm calls and keeping track of the frame, disregard this post. But if you were just counting I would suggest trying again except keeping track of your frame with Elm. When I used to do SZ abuse the frame would always advance by a few when I entered the SZ. Maybe that's what's messing you up.

Wait, I think I know what was going on. When you were advancing the frame, were you keeping track of the frame with Elm calls, or just counting? If you were using Elm calls and keeping track of the frame, disregard this post. But if you were just counting I would suggest trying again except keeping track of your frame with Elm. When I used to do SZ abuse the frame would always advance by a few when I entered the SZ. Maybe that's what's messing you up.
I did 10 Elm Calls to verify, then used Youngster Joey. I'd sometimes advance a few outside the zone, and then in it. I did keep track of the frame, but you might be right (I think entering the cave with Lugia sometimes advances the frame, and this is a similar scenario with the zone)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did 10 Elm Calls to verify, then used Youngster Joey. I'd sometimes advance a few outside the zone, and then in it. I did keep track of the frame, but you might be right (I think entering the cave with Lugia sometimes advances the frame, and this is a similar scenario with the zone)
That only happens when you trip the 128 step counter. The counter doesn't reset when you load the save so if it gets tripped on one attempt it will happen every attempt meaning you can account for it.

To FSLAR and anyone else having Johto Safari Zone problems, try using Honey instead of Sweet-Scent, I've experienced a lot of weird shit with SS in the SZ, but have so far been able to fix it by using honey.

ok so im at wayward cave trying to rng my shiny bronzor, but i always receive a "the sweet scent faded for some reason" message everytime i use sweet scent. Does anyone know why this happens?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Test it when you load your save. You may have to move a little bit. I know in Emerald when I was in Desert Underpass when I was at the square right in front of the entrance SS didn't work.

Test it when you load your save. You may have to move a little bit. I know in Emerald when I was in Desert Underpass when I was at the square right in front of the entrance SS didn't work.
Thanks. I just realized I forgot to go down a flight of stairs. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)