The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
bolin runnin' like a girl killed me

also my heart, just a bit. not that i like him

i enjoy everything about bolin. and pabu reminds me of my ferret so automatic love there.

anyone else get azula vibes from asami?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i enjoy everything about bolin. and pabu reminds me of my ferret so automatic love there.

anyone else get azula vibes from asami?
Now that you mention it I do. I don't think that she'll end up going crazy but I do want to see another main character added in (Aang/Katara/Sokka were fantastic as main characters, Toph and good guy Zuko added so much to the team dynamic) and she's my best bet so far (granted we're five episodes in, gosh does this series move fast).

The parallels between Katara being "the best healer ever" and her original disgust at when she was directed to learn healing and not water bending in the original are interesting.

The review posted a bit back had some gold hidden inside, specifically,

In Jinora's story, did anyone see the bit about the girl falling inlove with the bad guys son (Zutara anyone).

The possibility of Lin Befong being Tenzin's old love interest, it would explain the police scene. (Not sure I buy this one)

The use of a noodles bar to show someone drinking themselves away while still fitting nickelodeons ratings criteria.

That the Wolfpack's leader's armor suggests he's a waterbender (does anyone else smell a tiebreaker?).

That being said, I'm hoping for an Amon entrance during Korra's tiebreaker, he seems to be big on drama.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He's pretty damn pale for a waterbender (not saying you are wrong).
1. At the bar he'd teach Korra a lesson in pro bending if she wanted
2. Other waterbenders have been that pale (like the swamp guys)
3. The blue belt and blue square on his uniform are not enough of a giveaway?

Also I'm interested with knowing if what happened to adult Aang links to why he wanted the Order of the White Lotus to find and protect the next avatar. It did seem that each tribe had some custom for proving the avatar (as with the fire, and definitely the wind). So maybe Aang knew the next avatar would be in danger because of something stupid he did.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
(Yeah parenthesis for a reason)

He's definitely a waterbender. He's still really pale (and I doubt he's a swamp dweller).

1. At the bar he'd teach Korra a lesson in pro bending if she wanted
2. Other waterbenders have been that pale (like the swamp guys)
3. The blue belt and blue square on his uniform are not enough of a giveaway?

Also I'm interested with knowing if what happened to adult Aang links to why he wanted the Order of the White Lotus to find and protect the next avatar. It did seem that each tribe had some custom for proving the avatar (as with the fire, and definitely the wind). So maybe Aang knew the next avatar would be in danger because of something stupid he did.
Given he knows her status as the avatar, he could have just as easily been "offering" a lesson in whatever his element is as well...but yeah, he's far too pasty for north or south, he'd have to be a more...civilized? swampy one if anything. Which hell, given it's been 70 years, who knows, he could be from a multi-racial bending family too. I mean, if you ask me, Aang's 2 older kids (Kya and Bumi) are too...dark skinned? to be coming from him, but that's just my impression anyways, who knows how genetics like skin color are inherited in Avatar world.

At any rate, I say it's about time for more previous history and flashbacks to the older original team avatar members...I know it's kinda dissing the current story, but I still really want to learn more about what happened in the intervening 70 years more than the present.

My theory is that the Wolfbats will win the championship after a 1 on 1 tiebreaker between Korra and Tahno (the waterbender guy), after which Amon will show up and take away Tahno's bending to show that not even the best bender in the city is safe from him.

Has anyone seen (spoilerish) this yet? It can possibly have some spoilers but its just a bunch of screen shots that could possibly be in the 6th episode. Pretty nifty.

well if she's good, i'll like it and if she's bad, i'll still like it. they can do anything with anyone and i'll be totally fine with it because everything turns out awesome and bolin.

i want to know more about the creepy wolfbat leader. he reminds me of the creepy wizard from tales from earthsea.

and lin, tell me all about lin. oh mighty avatar creators! and by the end of this i want to know where zuko's mom is.

and i'm also guessing that mr. creepy will have his bending taken away, but i haven't looked at the supposed spoiler shots.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I found a very interesting theory on the chakras, which are clearly still a very important part of the Avatar mythos but this one is much bigger and could possibly explain the entire season, this theory can be read here.

The list of chakras

Starting from episode 4 each one is actually focusing on a chakra, so Korra is actually taking a long process to unlock the avatar state, since she isn't spiritual like Aang and needs that.

Episode 4: Dealt with Korra's survival and being blocked by fear
Episode 5: Dealt with pleasure and was blocked by guilt

With that we can assume:

6: About willpower blocked by shame
7: Love blocked by grief
8: Truth blocked by lies
9: Insight blocked by illusion
10: Pure cosmic energy blocked by earthly attachment

being the Zelda fan I am, I couldn't help but notice this:

The pale, pasty skin, long hair over one eye, eyes full of malice, dressed in all of one particular color (coincidentally, Black or White!)...yeah, Tahno is Ghirahim all the way.

I'm really impressed with the new series. They've been keeping a great balance between old and new. Plus, I love how the Legend of Korra parallels BW in a way--both past Pokemon gens and TLA introduced bending/Pokemon, and now their sequel series have introduced villainous organizations who challenge the morality of bending/Pokemon.

I'm also impressed with Amon--the fact that a non-bender like himself reduced a headstrong, fearless Avatar like Korra to tears of terror is shockingly amazing. He's a darker, more complex character than Ozai, who was a fairly two-dimensional villain. Amon is now my favorite character after Zuko himself.

Speaking of whom, I'm still holding out hope that Zuko will make an appearance in the series. He's the only one of the original group other than Katara who's still alive after all.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

YES :P

anyways im loving the series up till now, and it seems like they pulled it off to get the same quality as TLA was.

I'm late as hell to this thread, apologies. Just wanted to say that I was a huge fan of the original Avatar show, and I'm really loving where Legend of Korra has gone so far.

The steampunk themes are very cool, and I love all the in-jokes and subtle references and connections to the previous show. I can't wait to see more of the plot unfolding, especially finding out more about Amon and how he got access to Energybending (I don't think there's any doubt Energybending is what Amon is performing, note the similarities in the hand placements and movements when Amon removes Lightning Bolt Zolt's bending to when Aang removes Ozai's bending in the previous series).

EDIT: If season 1 is Air, and Korra has already mastered the other three elements, what will they call season 2?

Did anyone notice how similar the music was to ATLA music in some parts of the most recent episode? Made me feel quite nostalgic :)

Did anyone notice how similar the music was to ATLA music in some parts of the most recent episode? Made me feel quite nostalgic :)
Speaking of music, I'm really liking the overall style of it. The big band/city theme really pulls the setting together.

Jeez, is there anything BAD about this show? This is honestly one of the best series I've ever watched (the others probably being The Last Airbender and Friends).

But seriously, no one can come up with any criticism for it, not that I'm complaining. Korra is just that good.

EDIT: If season 1 is Air, and Korra has already mastered the other three elements, what will they call season 2?
"The Avatar State"? Seeing how Roku took at least 6 months~a year or more to master the Avatar State alone, someone as "unspiritual" as Korra will probably spend a good chunk of time trying to master the Avatar State.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)