Whitney's dream team. At 1105 in 10 battles

Hey Smogon! I named this team Whitney's dream team because this team is ANNOYING! Anybody who has ever played Pokemon Gold, Silver or Crystal know who Whitney is. They also know how badly they wanted to virtually punch her in the face. So as you could probably tell this is a Rain Stall team. I know not the average player's favorite style to play against. I liked to play stall. I never tryed rain stall so I gave it a try and it has worked out pretty well. I feel like it could be better though. I feel like maybe some EV spreads could be edited. So with that let's take a look at the team.

Pretty standard huh? Well there are some things that have a cool twist. Rain Stall pretty much automatically fills up your first 3 spots. You have to have a Politoed a Ferrothorn and a Tentacruel. So that pretty much leads 3 spots for originality. So here are the analyses!

Y (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

So this is a standard ferrothorn pretty much. In case you didn't know Ferrothorn's nasty fire weakness is brought down to 2x in the rain which make him an excelent rain staller. Weak non stab fire moves really don't do shit to him in the rain. Leech Seed slowly breaks down the opponent and protect is to abuse that. Power Whip is for powerful STAB and spikes is for hazards. I'm not sure about the EV spread I got it from somebody but it just adds maximum bulk. I like to run leftovers over Rocky Helmet because this is a stall team and Leftovers in the long run makes a difference! Careful nature is to add even more special bulk. Ferrothorn's role can basically defined as setting up hazards and walling things and just racking up that toxic damage. Ferrothorn is very valuable to my team.

M (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Toxic
This thing is a MONSTER! This is the god of toxic stalling! I can't decide between Toxic or Ice Fang. Usually I already have T-Spikes up. Without Ice fang I really can't hit a lot of things and am helpless against flyers. The ev spread is to outspeed all base 62 an up (I think) and proceed to toxic stall. Any team not prepared for this beast is in a world of trouble. SO if you are unfamiliar with this set it basically abuses substitute and protect. Poison heal heals 12.5 every turn and if you set up a sub then you get that then you protect and you get that 25% from the sub back so you can stall them. It is hard to put into words but if you are on the RMT forum you probably know how this set works. The purpose of this set is just abuse poison heal and rack up toxic damage. Gliscor is also one of the best physcial walls in the game with it's fighting resistance. I mainly have him for his walling abilities and his fighting resistance.

C (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

The man of war himself. Just kidding. Tentacruel is not the best Pokemon ever but it is absolutley nessecary <--- SPELLED WRONG for a rain stall team. Tenta is a pretty good Spinner but it has problems with Will-O-Wisp Jellicent. Protect is for stalling and racking up Toxic damage. Rapid spin is for getting rid of hazards. Scald is for STAB and burn chance. Toxic Spikes is the main thing. Getting up 2 layers of t-spikes is extremley important for my team as it relies on toxic stalling. The Ev spread is to maximise physcial defense as Tenta's Sp Def is already good and does not need to be raised. Bold is to maximise def. Left overs to add even more recovery after Rain Dish.

(Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- Scald
- Protect
- Refresh

If you look up broken in the dictionary it will read : "Politoed's ability nuff said" . I like this Politoed set I was battling a rain stall team and I saw somebody use refresh as I toxiced his Politoed I didn't even know Poli got refresh until I saw that so I decided to try it out. The Ev spread is designed to maximise physcial defense so Poli can come in on stuff like Gliscor and scare it out. Politoed does not like taking Wood Hammers at ALL but Wood HAmmer can easily be taken advantage of if Aboma is low. Rain is the best weather to have in a weather war because it can hit all the other weather inducers pretty hard except abamasnow. The moveset is great! Toxic for Toxicing things at the beginning of the match. Protect to abuse that scald for a burn chance and STAB. Not really much to say about POli :/.

B (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Zong is my Stealth Rocker. In the rain Zong has no weaknesses as long as you run Levitate. I run Leftovers for residual health return. Ev spread is to even out defences and make it so Zong can take hits on both sides of the spectrum. Relaxed it to lower speed which I don't need and raise Def whichi is nice. HP ice is to SLAM dragonite. Earthquake is to hit Magnezone and general attacking move. SR is well to set up Stealth Rock. Toxic Poisons foes which is a plus. In the rain Zong is hands down the best DD Dragonite counter in the game as fire punch does not do much and gets slammed by HP ice. ZOng is usually the first to die if anybody dies I usualy get 6-0. His main job is to stop dragons except Haxorus which is a pain and set up SR after that he is jut dead weight (no pun intended).

! (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Roar
- Toxic
- Rest

Wow GameFreak really? Did you have to go and make one of the greatest walls ever and make it even better? I love Vappy! I used her in 4th gen a lot as she was a great wish passer and wall. Now Vappy got hydration which heals all staus after turn if rain is up which allows you to abuse Rest. Vaporeon will rarely be OHKO'd by a non boosted move unless it is electricity or grass which allows you to spam rest and abuse toxic stalling. The Ev spread boosts it's bad defense so it can wall all day. Scald is for a burn and STAB in the rain. Roar is for those pesky boosters Toxic is to abuse Hydration and rest is to get max HP again. I have VAPPY on this team to further toxic stall my opponent and have my opponent rage quitting. Not much to say though.

So that is the team thanks for reading. I would really like some constructive critisism. Maybe change some EV spreads or add some more offensive power. I feel like I need some offensive power sometimes :/ but then I remember this is a stall team.

Stall teams have the need of at least a Ghost-type to spin-block. I suggest Jellicent, but I don't know what to replace.

Nope, they don't. Its preferable, but Ferrothorn's ability takes chunks out of Spinners, and rain stall sets hazards back up again and again very quickly.

What you do have here is a horrible weakness to Electric types, especially Rotom-W and Magnezone. Ferrothorn is your only counter to Rotom-W but of course can be easily broken down since all of Rotom's common teammates threaten it substantially. Magnezone sets up on Ferrothorn with SubCharge and then 6-0's you, and if it can't come in on Ferrothorn, it can just come in on every other member of the team and spam electric attacks.

Why don't you try replacing Bronzong with a Stealth Rock Chansey? Bronzong is a pretty poor pokemon generally and it doesn't have much use on this team which already has Ferrothorn, Gliscor, and bulky Waters to cover HP Ice Lando. Chansey also covers your weaknesses to Electrics and special Dragons like Hydreigon very nicely.

Finally, you're a bit weak to Reuniclus and Sigilyph but there's not too much to be done about that. Probably your best option without making more significant team changes is to just run Perish Song (and possibly Encore as well) on Politoed.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, nice team. SD Toxicroak is a huge threat, OHKOing Gliscor with +2 Ice Punch, while the rest of your team can't do anything to it (aside from phazing) due to Toxicroak's immunity to Toxic and Water-type attacks. Bronzong could use Earthuake, but Toxicroak's +2 Cross Chop is a clean 2HKO. To help with this, you could use Psychic on Politoed over Toxic. Toxicroak loves setting up on defensive Politoed as they'll think you only have Scald, at which point you can hit it with Psychic. Toxic won't really be missed as you have it on 3 other members in addition to Toxic Spikes.

CM Reuniclus and SubCM will also give this team some major problems. Bronzong is a decent switch into Reuniclus, but it can't do much in return with an un-STABed Earthquake. Ferrothorn can take any hit from SubCM Jirachi, but it will eventually fall to the parafusion hax as Ferro can't break Rachi's subs. I suggest using Perish Song over Protect on Politoed. This change helps with the two afformentioned threats, while also giving you some insurance aganist Baton Pass teams. Using Bulldoze on Ferrothorn would also help against SubCM Jirachi as Ferro can now break its subs while taking any hit from it.

Sacing Politoed to Perish Song CM Reuniclus isnt ideal, so you could go with an unorthodox option of Calm Mind over Toxic on Bronzong with a Bold nature. Calm Mind allows Bronzong to stall-out Reuniclus's Focus Blast and with a neutral nature, Zong can outspeed Reuniclus to soften the blow (Zong doesn't need -Spe without Gyro Ball). Keep in mind that Bronzong won't be able stall out all of Reuniclus's Focus Blasts, so you'll have to play around it a bit. Calm Mind does however, allow Bronzong to stall Reuniclus until Politoed's Perish Song takes it out. Losing Protect on two mons might lead to issues regarding recovery, so I recommend using Wish on Vaporeon over Rest. Wish still allows Vaporeon to wall threats, but it can also be used to heal the rest of your team (all of which lack reliable recovery).

Hope this helps!

Hey, nice team. SD Toxicroak is a huge threat, OHKOing Gliscor with +2 Ice Punch, while the rest of your team can't do anything to it (aside from phazing) due to Toxicroak's immunity to Toxic and Water-type attacks. Bronzong could use Earthuake, but Toxicroak's +2 Cross Chop is a clean 2HKO. To help with this, you could use Psychic on Politoed over Toxic. Toxicroak loves setting up on defensive Politoed as they'll think you only have Scald, at which point you can hit it with Psychic. Toxic won't really be missed as you have it on 3 other members in addition to Toxic Spikes.

CM Reuniclus and SubCM will also give this team some major problems. Bronzong is a decent switch into Reuniclus, but it can't do much in return with an un-STABed Earthquake. Ferrothorn can take any hit from SubCM Jirachi, but it will eventually fall to the parafusion hax as Ferro can't break Rachi's subs. I suggest using Perish Song over Protect on Politoed. This change helps with the two afformentioned threats, while also giving you some insurance aganist Baton Pass teams. Using Bulldoze on Ferrothorn would also help against SubCM Jirachi as Ferro can now break its subs while taking any hit from it.

Sacing Politoed to Perish Song CM Reuniclus isnt ideal, so you could go with an unorthodox option of Calm Mind over Toxic on Bronzong with a Bold nature. Calm Mind allows Bronzong to stall-out Reuniclus's Focus Blast and with a neutral nature, Zong can outspeed Reuniclus to soften the blow (Zong doesn't need -Spe without Gyro Ball). Keep in mind that Bronzong won't be able stall out all of Reuniclus's Focus Blasts, so you'll have to play around it a bit. Calm Mind does however, allow Bronzong to stall Reuniclus until Politoed's Perish Song takes it out. Losing Protect on two mons might lead to issues regarding recovery, so I recommend using Wish on Vaporeon over Rest. Wish still allows Vaporeon to wall threats, but it can also be used to heal the rest of your team (all of which lack reliable recovery).

Hope this helps!
Hmm great suggestions I have not seen many Toxicroaks lately because of scizors #1 usage. Toxicroak's usage is #47 which leaves it at about 3.4% last time I checked so that might be a pretty decent change. I've never had a problem with Sub CM Jirachi because people don't understand how powerful it is so they never use it. I have had issues with magic guard pokemon like Reuniclus and Sigilyph. I actually got swept by a sigilypgh on my test account with this team so I will make that change. I really don't want to get rid of toxic on Zong because it catches things off guard so I will go with Perish Song. Getting rid of Rest would completley ruin Vappy :(. Honestly I had a chansey to wish pass and it did not work out very well :( so I think I am going to keep rest! Thank you for the rate!

You should change Tentacruel's Leftovers to Black Sludge. He would still get the same healing as if from Lefies because he is a poison type and it discourages trick users from tricking him because they will be taking damage from Black Sludge if they arent poison as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)