1v1 Challenge Cup Discussion / Warstories

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Howdy! Smogon has recently implemented a 1v1 Challenge Cup ladder onto the server.

For those that aren't aware of the rules, it's basically that each player gets 1 random, level-balanced Pokemon. Self-KO clause should be on, according to Antar.

In terms of discussion, please try to keep it as intelligent as one can for Challenge Cup. Some notably powerful things we've noticed so far are Steel-types in general, recovery moves, and Toxic + a defense boosting moves / recovery move. What do you think?

RandomName12321:
(19:18:06) *** Your rank in 1v1 CC is 1/464 [1257 points / 334 battles]!

Tennisace: (13:26:08) *** tennisace's rank in 1v1 CC is 1/49 [1170 points / 5 battles]!
Tetrinity: *** Your rank in 1v1 CC is 2/81 [1153 points / 77 battles]!
Ray Jay: (10:34:42) *** Your rank in 1v1 CC is 33/33 [851 points / 15 battles]!

As 1v1 CC Warstories should be very short, please don't post a new thread for them; however, feel free to leave them here.

I was part of the binge that started a few minutes ago(me and .watt started it) and I have to say this is the metagame I've had the most fun in and my ladder peak is 1 until Antar stole it from me
Highest ladder points 1083 I didn't copy it though

This tier... I love it so much. I've only had five battles, but I think I've found my new tier to play in. xD

Although the server just went down... typical. In any case, my current peak is 7/39, 1061pts.

My last battle was pretty hilarious, though. I had a Nuzleaf with Beat Up / Rock Smash / Frustration / some other Normal move I forgot now, against a Litwick.

long story short I did like 5% damage with Beat Up and then got instantly KO'd by Flame Burst

Another battle had a Bouffalant get to +6 Atk due to a combination of Swords Dance and Swagger then 2HKOing with Pursuit, avoiding all confusion damage even when I misclicked and used Mud Slap instead... <__________<

My last battle was pretty hilarious, though. I had a Nuzleaf with Beat Up / Rock Smash / Frustration / some other Normal move I forgot now, against a Litwick.

long story short I did like 5% damage with Beat Up and then got instantly KO'd by Flame Burst

Another battle had a Bouffalant get to +6 Atk due to a combination of Swords Dance and Swagger then 2HKOing with Pursuit, avoiding all confusion damage even when I misclicked and used Mud Slap instead... <__________<

That nuzleaf/litwick battle was against me. I had a good run going but then i had 4 battles in a row where i had no damaging moves that worked on the opponent

This tier has uncovered a bug in PO! If you outspeed and use Spite to zero out the opponent's move as they try to use it, the battle locks up. >.>

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
(13:26:08) *** tennisace's rank in 1v1 CC is 1/49 [1170 points / 5 battles]!

wheeeee this is a ton of fun

This is so good I had post it

I had a Swalot and he had a I can't remember I had poisoned him with Smog and things were looking grim and I clicked on Endure and I survived and he fell below 12% health so I clicked Endure again and it worked me and my opponent lolled after that .watt I think

Dragon Rush Zweilous agaist Energy Ball Kadabra
HP Dragon Unown against Flash Cannon Probopass
Pursuit Spiritomb against Ditto
Heat Wave Chandelure against Roserade

100% luck but sometimes kind of fun

(22:44:53) *** Your rank in 1v1 CC is 2/113 [1149 points / 45 battles]!

And right after I get a ton of bad matchups. I will try to reach #1, it's my new goal ;)

Anyways, thanks for introducing me to this amazing tier :D

Welcome to what is possibly the first ever 1v1 CC warstory. It's certainly my first, at any rate. I hope you enjoy.

While I clearly spent a lot of time devising my team, this matchup is definitely one of the tougher ones that I wasn't able to prepare for as much as I might have liked. My Blitzle is running Swagger / Protect / Attract / Thunder, but wouldn't you know it, this guy's team is completely immune. It'll take all of our combined battling abilities to pull through on this one.

Battle between Liberty Figter and Tetrinity started!

Tier: 1v1 CC
Mode: Singles
Variation: +21, -11
Rule: Rated
Rule: Challenge Cup
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Liberty Figter sent out Mamoswine!
Tetrinity sent out Blitzle!

Liberty Figter: Oh hey again
Liberty Figter: Haha
Tetrinity: hey
Liberty Figter: I'm Mr. Rayquaza : P
Tetrinity: only attacking move is Thunder <________<
Liberty Figter: : D

vs.

100% vs. 100%

Alright, here's the plan. I can't hit him with Thunder owing to his immunity, so I'm going to plan B - Swagger. Blitzle is pretty bulky when I need him to be, so I'm sure I can take anything Mamoswine can throw at me.

Start of turn 1
Blitzle used Swagger!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine's Attack sharply rose!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine became confused!

Liberty Figter's Mamoswine is confused!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine used Mud Bomb!
It's super effective!
Blitzle lost 128 HP! (63% of its health)

Liberty Figter: Ruh roh
Liberty Figter: I see hax a comin

My plan has been rumbled from the beginning, but no matter; the cogs are in motion. Blitzle takes the hit like a champ and prepares for phase two.

vs.

37% vs. 100%

Start of turn 2
Blitzle used Protect!
Blitzle protected itself!

Liberty Figter's Mamoswine snapped out its confusion!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine used Mud Bomb!

Not a great turn. Protect stopped any significant damage, but the loss of confusion puts me on the back foot. I'll have to regroup and try again.

vs.

37% vs. 100%

Start of turn 3
Blitzle used Swagger!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine's Attack sharply rose!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine became confused!

It hurt itself in its confusion!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine lost 43% of its health!

Liberty Figter: klajkafjkfakja

Now that's what I call some quality Blitzle action right there. Mamoswine gets boosted to a hefty +4, which is promptly delivered to his own face. Everybody should know the plan from here, including my opponent. But being outpredicted isn't a problem where Blitzle is concerned.

vs.

37% vs. 57%

Start of turn 4
Blitzle used Protect!

Liberty Figter's Mamoswine lost 50% of its health!

Liberty Figter: noooooooo
Liberty Figter: Come on, buddy
Tetrinity: I have Attract, but... yeah :p

Perfect. My opponent only now realises his fate, and I can't help but poke fun over how many further options I had available to me. As it was, both Blitzle and my opponent's Mamoswine were male, and Game Freak is seemingly homophobic. Nevertheless, Blitzle was perfectly capable of achieving his victory. It all depended on one last turn...

vs.

37% vs. 7%

Start of turn 5
Blitzle used Protect!

HOLY SHIT EXTRA DRAMA CREATED BY EXAGGERATED SPACING AT A CRITICAL JUNCTURE

Liberty Figter's Mamoswine lost 6% of its health!
Liberty Figter's Mamoswine fainted!

Tetrinity won the battle!

Tetrinity: LMAO
Liberty Figter: X D
Liberty Figter: HAHAHA
Tetrinity: fuck yes

And thus the battle was won. Blitzle stood strong over the battlefield, awaiting the next competitor with quiet satisfaction.

Props:

- Swagger. Easily the best move in the game, and it really shows here.
- My opponent, for fighting valiently against Blitzle despite the odds.

Slops:

- Blitzle failing to keep up confusion on turn two. That misplay could easily have cost us the game.
- Game Freak for preventing a perfectly natural infatuation through the medium of Attract.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Very nice, reminds me of the time my opponent with no attacking moves beat me with a Level 90 whatever Cherubi with Leech Seed...

Remember guys, always check your items. I was overjoyed to see my Manaphy had Tail Glow only to see after using it it also had a Choice Scarf...

You probably should have Swaggered again on turn four. The extra attack would have made him kill himself in one hit instead of two.

Eh, probably. The fast paced nature of the battles and the fact that I really hadn't expected to win that particular matchup meant I wasn't exactly strategizing too hard, despite what the warstory may say to the contrary... >.>

Still, it's a pretty good example of the hilarity that the tier can produce, though!

Had an epic Bibarel v Bibarel battle. Needless to say I had the ever so standard thunderbolt which could 2HKO even without the moody boosts. :L

Battle between Ktulu UP and MonoCCvs1]Skyshayde started!

Tier: 1v1 CC
Mode: Singles
Variation: +21, -11
Rule: Rated
Rule: Challenge Cup
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Ktulu UP sent out Blastoise!
MonoCCvs1]Skyshayde sent out Arceus!
MonoCCvs1]Skyshayde: lololol
PBlur the Ace is watching the battle.

Start of turn 1
Ktulu UP's Blastoise used Water Pulse!
Arceus lost 51 HP! (22% of its health)

Arceus used Aqua Tail!
The attack of Arceus missed!

Start of turn 2
Ktulu UP's Blastoise used Iron Defense!
Ktulu UP's Blastoise's Defense sharply rose!

Arceus used Aqua Tail!
It's not very effective...
Ktulu UP's Blastoise lost 5% of its health!

PBlur the Ace: oh shit you do have an arceus

Start of turn 3
Ktulu UP's Blastoise used Body Slam!
Arceus lost 29 HP! (13% of its health)

Arceus used Rock Smash!
Ktulu UP's Blastoise lost 4% of its health!

Start of turn 4
Ktulu UP's Blastoise used Tail Whip!
Arceus's Defense fell!

Arceus used Aqua Tail!
Ktulu UP's Blastoise lost 5% of its health!

Start of turn 5
Arceus lost 50 HP! (22% of its health)

Arceus used Aqua Tail!

MonoCCvs1]Skyshayde: crappy moves hought

Start of turn 6
Arceus lost 45 HP! (20% of its health)
Arceus is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Arceus used Aqua Tail!

Start of turn 7
Arceus lost 47 HP! (21% of its health)
Arceus fainted!

Ktulu UP won the battle!
Ktulu UP: ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthugha Fomalhaut n'gha-ghaa naf'lthagn
MonoCCvs1]Skyshayde: gg
PBlur the Ace stopped watching the battle.

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.

trolololol

I got an arceus... and lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)