Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two sets of Nidoran (f) and I'm wondering which is better in each case.

The first set are both Bold with Hustle
(1) 31/31/31/31/14/31
(2) 31/16/31/31/30/17

It will be for use with Toxic Spikes, so I guess it comes down to whether it benefits more from 31 in Speed or more Special bulk.

The second set are both Modest with hustle and look like this:
(3) 31/11/31/31/25/31 - So the SpD is it's weakness IV-wise
(4) 31/0/27/31/31/31 - So this time it's the Defence.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scrafty can snowball quite easily once it gets going thanks to Moxie. You might want something like CB Terrakion to weaken Physical walls like Gliscor and Skarmory, or a Spikes support with something like Skarmory to make it easier to attempt a late game sweep. After a Dragon Dance, (assuming thats the set you are running) Scarfty is still outrun by many Scarfers so perhapes a Jirachi or Celebi could spread some Paralysis support to help Scarfty get the jump on scarfers such as Terrakion.

Scrafty can snowball quite easily once it gets going thanks to Moxie. You might want something like CB Terrakion to weaken Physical walls like Gliscor and Skarmory, or a Spikes support with something like Skarmory to make it easier to attempt a late game sweep. After a Dragon Dance, (assuming thats the set you are running) Scarfty is still outrun by many Scarfers so perhapes a Jirachi or Celebi could spread some Paralysis support to help Scarfty get the jump on scarfers such as Terrakion.
Yeah I am running:
DD
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Crunch

I mostly only play against my friends, and Scrafty is by far my most consistent pokemon and powerful guy. One of the guys that gives me a lot of trouble is Ferrothorn (I need to get HP-fire on my Espeon.....)

I had been thinking about a Skarmory, so i think I will make one, thanks. How do I go about getting a Skarmory that knows Roost?

I have a bunch of good pokemon, but for some reason I really struggle trying to think in terms of party chemistry.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What works really well with helping Scrafty Set up (DDance)?
Lum Berry could help against bulky waters and other defensive Pokemon trying to status you and of course teammates that lure in Pokemon Scrafty can set-up on, wich is alot considering Scrafty is really bulky and can take almost every attack that isn't SE or super strong like Specs Draco Meteors or Weather boosted attacks.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Alakazam is incredibly fast and still pretty damn powerful - in fact, while I'm sure Reuniclus gets a couple more KOs, the power difference is too small to really tell.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
More importantly, Alakazam doesn't need a setup turn, meaning it's a more effective revenge killer and doesn't have to worry about taking a hit before it attacks.

What's a good pokemon for combating Sand Stall?

Edit: Taking Pokemon such as Latias, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Hippodown, Skarmory, Jellicent, Slowbro, and Gliscor into consideration. If one is not enough, which two or three?

D'oh.
How embarrassing xD

Pokemon that have Levitate/Flying type +TBolt good enough?

Latios(as) Azelf, Gengar, Elektross.
Dragonite, Emolga, Zapdos, Thundurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)