Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

QQ about Emerald wild methods.
Does the RNGReporter Method H works for emerald like it does for R/S, or is emerald limited to Method2(3gen) n method4(3gen)?

If not, how can I calculate emerald encounter slots of Sweet scented pkmn ?

Thanks in advance
Unlike R/S, Emerald primarily uses Method H-2 for wild pokes.

Just a hunch...but does your second countdown end before you can even get to the menu? If so, then find another seed: that delay is too close to your calibrated delay.
I think if I recall standard delay on HG/SS was 493 and Platinum was 599. 491 is probably not going to work.

Then again, it could be just me.

-James

I think if I recall standard delay on HG/SS was 493 and Platinum was 599. 491 is probably not going to work.

Then again, it could be just me.

-James
491 is possible if you button mash on HGSS (it was my calibrated delay). But I hate using low target delays, so if it were me I would find a new seed!

Also, voodoo was right, oxmox. You don't need to start 8 seconds before for 4th gen; that's only for 5th gen. abuse!

Ok, it looks like we have lost touch with RNG abusage after a few years; I would really appreciate a bit help in troubleshooting (extra large), so, we thank you in anticipation.

First we have learned than there is no need for calibration anymore, thanks new timer. We have used the EonTimer(1.5) which is said to be the most accurate one.
Our goal is to generate a Timid Eevee with HP Ice from Bill in Soul Silver. We took the only seed with a delay less than 1000.

Method 1
Seed: C5150212
Frame: 63
Date: 2012.05.16
Target Time: 21:58:59
Delay: 518

So far so good, right? The delay is pretty sweet, because it doesn't feel like it lasts forever nor we are forced to button mash though the process.
Meanwhile we insert the data in EonTimer. It looks like this:

Gen IV
Calibrated Delay: 480
Calibrated Sec.: 14
Target Delay: 518
Target Second: 59

Next, adjusting the DS lite clock: 21:58:00 (the EonTimer says "0 Minutes before Target"), then lauching EonTimer and the clock simultaneously. We think this part is pretty much foolproof.
For the next part, we restart the DS and enter the game; I usually take my time, because the timer gives us 44:37 seconds to do so - my partner inist I should enter the game as fast as possible, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
To be honest, I haven't listened to the beep sound when we've tried. It felt like we had soft-reset the game with less than 00:20 left. Roughly the same timing with entering the world via continue.

What really bothers him is that it doesn't look like we have hit a seed in a range of -20,+20 (confirmation via calling Juggler Irwin). He though is should be somewhere near because the inaccuracy is less than half of a millisecond.

My opinion: We may not have studied EonTimer enough. It has the current standard setting: 2 beeps per second and 5 beeps before reset/target time. For me it sounds a bit off: I've heard six beeps, definitely.
It sounds like the first beep occurs at 02:50 and the fifth at 00:50. The sixth one must be on the exact reset/target time. Even if we listen to the sound it may not make a diffenrence, since we (seemingly?) are below 00:50 anyway. I'll try later and eventually tell you the result.
I did some research and looked at some videos with synchronous timer. Some of them (again, seemingly) hit the timer below 00:10, which would be twice to trice as fast as we do.

Hopefully I haven't provided to much needless documentation. We thank you for your time.

Ok, it looks like we have lost touch with RNG abusage after a few years; I would really appreciate a bit help in troubleshooting (extra large), so, we thank you in anticipation.

First we have learned than there is no need for calibration anymore, thanks new timer. We have used the EonTimer(1.5) which is said to be the most accurate one.
Our goal is to generate a Timid Eevee with HP Ice from Bill in Soul Silver. We took the only seed with a delay less than 1000.

Method 1
Seed: C5150212
Frame: 63
Date: 2012.05.16
Target Time: 21:58:59
Delay: 518

So far so good, right? The delay is pretty sweet, because it doesn't feel like it lasts forever nor we are forced to button mash though the process.
Meanwhile we insert the data in EonTimer. It looks like this:

Gen IV
Calibrated Delay: 480
Calibrated Sec.: 14
Target Delay: 518
Target Second: 59

Next, adjusting the DS lite clock: 21:58:00 (the EonTimer says "0 Minutes before Target"), then lauching EonTimer and the clock simultaneously. We think this part is pretty much foolproof.
For the next part, we restart the DS and enter the game; I usually take my time, because the timer gives us 44:37 seconds to do so - my partner inist I should enter the game as fast as possible, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
To be honest, I haven't listened to the beep sound when we've tried. It felt like we had soft-reset the game with less than 00:20 left. Roughly the same timing with entering the world via continue.

What really bothers him is that it doesn't look like we have hit a seed in a range of -20,+20 (confirmation via calling Juggler Irwin). He though is should be somewhere near because the inaccuracy is less than half of a millisecond.

My opinion: We may not have studied EonTimer enough. It has the current standard setting: 2 beeps per second and 5 beeps before reset/target time. For me it sounds a bit off: I've heard six beeps, definitely.
It sounds like the first beep occurs at 02:50 and the fifth at 00:50. The sixth one must be on the exact reset/target time. Even if we listen to the sound it may not make a diffenrence, since we (seemingly?) are below 00:50 anyway. I'll try later and eventually tell you the result.
I did some research and looked at some videos with synchronous timer. Some of them (again, seemingly) hit the timer below 00:10, which would be twice to trice as fast as we do.

Hopefully I haven't provided to much needless documentation. We thank you for your time.
Imo, try changing the beeps from 2 beeps per second to 1 beep per second. I don't like 2 beeps per second; it's harder for me to keep track of the beeps and when I should press A. I have mine set at 1 beep per second for 5 seconds, and I just count down with the timer. 4... 3... 2... 1... 0... now.

Also make sure you're using your timer correctly. At the end of the first timer, soft reset (doesn't matter if you're in the game or not). At the end of the second, press A on "Continue" to get into the game. From what you said, you seem to be doing everything correctly. If you're still not hitting your delay, or close to your delay, you can always update your calibrated delay. Enter whatever delay you did hit into the box near the bottom of Eon Timer, then press update. This should adjust the timer a bit so you can hit your delay.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Even if you think you're accurate, you might want to expand the search range to more than +/- 20 anyway, just in case. Also, I personally have an easier time hard resetting (at the end of the first timer, start the game from the main DS menu) than soft resetting, so you could try that and see if it gives you better results.

Already done, this time with listening to the beep (default setting, because it is easier to read for us); while he still couldn't hit something within a consistent range, I've got 563 twice. Does the EonTimer has input for our personal timing or should I just lower the target delay by 45?

Also, can I get insight in possible outcomes dependent on the frame I hit? Because the Eevee's level is so low I might want to check whether there are other Timid ones near frame 63. For some reason, both times I've started at frame 3. Must be that little moving girl.

Edit: Oh dang! I've lowered the delay to 473, but only hit 519. I've started at the third frame again, but this time I've entered the menu while she was moving. When exactly the frame will be advanced (when she begins to move or when she finish to move), and by how much?

Edit2: 519, 525, 507, 527, 505, and no idea what to do to get into a narrower range.

Is there any information on the RNG of the Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc (Jirachi)? I recall seeing in a trade thread that someone has one of the very few shiny Jirachi that are possible to obtain from it.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there any information on the RNG of the Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc (Jirachi)? I recall seeing in a trade thread that someone has one of the very few shiny Jirachi that are possible to obtain from it.
you won't be able to RNG those without seeing the hex in the save file; plus how it works isn't public :P

if you are able to extract your sav file and transfer it back to receive the Jirachi on your own -- I can answer via PM as I was the one who figured it out!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Already done, this time with listening to the beep (default setting, because it is easier to read for us); while he still couldn't hit something within a consistent range, I've got 563 twice. Does the EonTimer has input for our personal timing or should I just lower the target delay by 45?

Also, can I get insight in possible outcomes dependent on the frame I hit? Because the Eevee's level is so low I might want to check whether there are other Timid ones near frame 63. For some reason, both times I've started at frame 3. Must be that little moving girl.

Edit: Oh dang! I've lowered the delay to 473, but only hit 519. I've started at the third frame again, but this time I've entered the menu while she was moving. When exactly the frame will be advanced (when she begins to move or when she finish to move), and by how much?

Edit2: 519, 525, 507, 527, 505, and no idea what to do to get into a narrower range.
Input the delay you hit in the bottom of EonTimer and hit "Update," it should adjust the calibrated delay value for you. Keep doing that every time you get the wrong delay until you consistently hit within about 4 of your target.

You can use Elm calls to keep track of exactly which frame you are on, so any extra advancements shouldn't matter at all as long as you immediately start talking to Bill after you close the menu.

Does the EonTimer has input for our personal timing or should I just lower the target delay by 45?
If you're still not hitting your delay, or close to your delay, you can always update your calibrated delay. Enter whatever delay you did hit into the box near the bottom of Eon Timer, then press update. This should adjust the timer a bit so you can hit your delay.
:p

Yeah, you can check the results that each frame will give you. Just expanding on what Voodoo said: go to the main window of RNG Reporter, and at the top left change the method to Method 1. Then paste your seed where it says "Seed (hex)" and then press "Generate." It will show you all the frames for that seed and what IVs/Nature/Ability etc. each will have. It also shows you the Elm/Irwin response for each frame, so you can use that to keep track of which frame you're on.

When exactly the frame will be advanced (when she begins to move or when she finish to move), and by how much?
All you need to know is that the NPC can advance the frame if you're not in the menu and you aren't fast enough. Starting on frame 3 is no problem, since you can keep track of your frame. Just make sure that when you're finished advancing the frame, that you exit the menu and take Eevee super fast.

Also, one more important note. It seems that your target delay is even, but you keep hitting odd delays. In Gen. IV, you can either hit odd delays, or even delays, but not both at the same time. So in order to fix this, you need to insert a Pokemon GBA game into your DS/Lites GBA slot. This will change your delays from odd to even. An alternative way to get around this is to change the year of your seed. Changing the year will add or subtract 1 from your target delay, so instead of your target being 518, it will become 517 or 519 (depending on if you change the year to 2011 or 2013). Notice that 517/519 are odd numbers, so now you can hit your target!

Hope I helped/made sense.

Also, one more important note. It seems that your target delay is even, but you keep hitting odd delays. In Gen. IV, you can either hit odd delays, or even delays, but not both at the same time. So in order to fix this, you need to insert a Pokemon GBA game into your DS/Lites GBA slot. This will change your delays from odd to even. An alternative way to get around this is to change the year of your seed. Changing the year will add or subtract 1 from your target delay, so instead of your target being 518, it will become 517 or 519 (depending on if you change the year to 2011 or 2013). Notice that 517/519 are odd numbers, so now you can hit your target!

Hope I helped/made sense.
Yeah, I was kind of frustrated because somehow I had only hit 517 and 519 over thirty times, until I've found that line in the DPP guides:
Note about delay: Delays will almost always be consistently odd or even. The exact mechanism which determines this is not fully understood, but it does appear to be related to the presence or absence of a 3rd generation game in SLOT-2 of the DS. Removing or inserting a 3rd generation game will often change delays from odd to even or vice-versa.
Not the most visible line for someone not that literate in English.

Anyway: Retried and made it on the first try (he confirmend it via pkm file). Next one is that mutant Gyarados, with a delay over the thousands; should be fun.
We will heap praise on you as far as words allow. Thanks.

I posted this a few months ago, and would love a response. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Magiphart
How exactly do I get a ditto to appear in encounter slot 7 in the trophy garden. Right now if I talk to mr. backlot he says there really are ditto in my garden no lies ever leave these lips honest truth. As a result of the date being changed, so what exactly do I do?

I've waited a few days without changing the date or time, and with using the same ds as before and when I talk to Mr. Backlot he still says; "...It's true I tell you! No lies ever leave these lips! There really are cute DITTO in my trophy garden! Honest truth!" From my previous failed rng attempt I know the're not in encounter slot 7 so what do I need to do to make Ditto appear in encounter slot 7, and how did I get Backlot to say something else for a change?"

I don't know how to put a quote in a quote, but whatever. Just please help!!!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Trying to receive the V-Create Victini. But it keeps having an arbitrary date of 3/4/2013. Therefore my results are in outer space or somewhere else when I try to hit the seed. Not sure where I am going wrong or what I can do to rectify this.
This is not the place for questions regarding 5th gen RNGing. Either way, events will always have the date at wich you downloaded the wodercard. This has no effect on the RNGing process tough.

I posted this a few months ago, and would love a response. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Magiphart
How exactly do I get a ditto to appear in encounter slot 7 in the trophy garden. Right now if I talk to mr. backlot he says there really are ditto in my garden no lies ever leave these lips honest truth. As a result of the date being changed, so what exactly do I do?

I've waited a few days without changing the date or time, and with using the same ds as before and when I talk to Mr. Backlot he still says; "...It's true I tell you! No lies ever leave these lips! There really are cute DITTO in my trophy garden! Honest truth!" From my previous failed rng attempt I know the're not in encounter slot 7 so what do I need to do to make Ditto appear in encounter slot 7, and how did I get Backlot to say something else for a change?"

I don't know how to put a quote in a quote, but whatever. Just please help!!!
What is the seed and the steps you are taking to rng ditto?
Are you using a sync and or Sweet scent pokemon?
Did you get the right ivs?
Also to change trophy garden pokemon, change the time and enter the game at 23:59; wait till its 00:00 and talk to the man and save.

Edit
Here some steps(Assuming you have a sweet scent pokemon but not a sync in the lead)
1. Save in the garden, on the date you're trying to hit.
2. Try to hit your seed, verify it via coin flips.
3. Advance your frame -2 from your target frame and sweet scent.

P.S. look for seeds that the desired ivs correspond with ecounter slot 7,6,0.
IIRC it should be encounter slot 7 if not 7 then 6

EDIT
From the 1st page of this thread, if the man says ditto is currently in the garden, it should be encounter slot 6, and 7 when its the next day

What is the seed and the steps you are taking to rng ditto?
Are you using a sync and or Sweet scent pokemon?
Did you get the right ivs?
Also to change trophy garden pokemon, change the time and enter the game at 23:59; wait till its 00:00 and talk to the man and save.

Edit
Here some steps(Assuming you have a sweet scent pokemon but not a sync in the lead)
1. Save in the garden, on the date you're trying to hit.
2. Try to hit your seed, verify it via coin flips.
3. Advance your frame -2 from your target frame and sweet scent.

P.S. look for seeds that the desired ivs correspond with ecounter slot 7,6,0.
IIRC it should be encounter slot 7 if not 7 then 6
Yes a response! Thank you! I have my fainted timid Abra in the lead as my synchornizer, I have a Tropius for sweet scent. Yes, the Ivs were flawless.

So this is what I should do (correct me if I'm wrong) I set the time to 23:59 wait a minute, start the game. Talk to Backlot and save. Um, I don't know what I do next... Then I somehow get Backlot to say there's ditto in his garden, the day before the target date, then I wait a day, or set the time to 23:59 to make it pass. Then I walk in the garden and save set the time to a minute before the rng repoter says. Then after about 15 tries I'll finally hit the delay and ditto will appear (in encounter slot 7) I'll catch him, and he'll be perfect.

Edit: Oh yeah and something about coin flips. I already know what to do to hit the delay since the Kricketune I got was perfect. So my only problem is making sure ditto appears.

If the man does not say"...I seen ditto in my garden".
1. Save the game
2 change the time to 23:59
3. Enter the game and talk to the man

Rinse and repeat until he says he seen a ditto and then save in the garden when he does.
Once you save the game after the man says ditto is in the garden, change you date to be the target date. You do his to preven he journal from popping due to the time lapse. Then hit your seed. Once you hit your seed advance your frame until its 2 frames from your target frame that have a encounter slot of 6. Then sweet scent and battle, if you get the right if but wrong poke, then either ditto was in encounter slot 7 or an error in advancing the frame was made .

If you don't mind I still need your seed and target frame

Anyway: Retried and made it on the first try (he confirmend it via pkm file). Next one is that mutant Gyarados, with a delay over the thousands; should be fun.
Glad you were successful!

Once you hit your seed advance your frame until its 2 frames from your target frame
If he's using the newest version of RNG Reporter, there's no need to advance the frame to 2 frames before his target. The newer versions of Reporter takes all advancements into account for you except NPCs!

Also, why 2 frames before the target and not 1? I've never heard of sweet scent advancing 2 frames in DPPt.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Glad you got it figured out! Don't worry too much about the higher delay; unless it's something ridiculously high it just means you'll spend a little longer on every attempt. I usually set my maximum delay to 8000 and it's never annoyed me much.

Glad you were successful!

If he's using the newest version of RNG Reporter, there's no need to advance the frame to 2 frames before his target. The newer versions of Reporter takes all advancements into account for you except NPCs!

Also, why 2 frames before the target and not 1? I've never heard of sweet scent advancing 2 frames in DPPt.
I am one of the few whose game require me to stop 2 before my target frame. I heard of stopping 1 frame before ss in hgss but 2 in dppt.

If the man does not say"...I seen ditto in my garden".
1. Save the game
2 change the time to 23:59
3. Enter the game and talk to the man

Rinse and repeat until he says he seen a ditto and then save in the garden when he does.
Once you save the game after the man says ditto is in the garden, change you date to be the target date. You do his to preven he journal from popping due to the time lapse. Then hit your seed. Once you hit your seed advance your frame until its 2 frames from your target frame that have a encounter slot of 6. Then sweet scent and battle, if you get the right if but wrong poke, then either ditto was in encounter slot 7 or an error in advancing the frame was made .

If you don't mind I still need your seed and target frame
It's been a while since I tried so I don't remember what I needed to do on the rng reporter, but I wrote all the information down, so maybe you can figure it out from this. Delay 637 41 Journal Flips HHHHTTTHHH Frame 82 7/25/12 20:21:14 Id:: 13339 SID: 16434 I know how to use a timer, but I forgot how to use the rng reporter.

You fixed Backlot. Finally he'll say something different. Since you know the date I'm aiming for now, what date on the ds should I make him say there's Ditto? Also the journal flip number may be off some, because I don't know if I had a Pokémon registered as caught on the first page when I was doing that a few months ago... I apologize for whatever confusion I'm causing.

EDIT: Just remembered how to use rng reporter seed is D2140289 I forgot all about time finder. Sorry, if I caused unnecessary trouble, just for you to find out in the end, I do know what it is.

Posted in rng help thread instead of VM as suggested

To get ditto in the trophy garden, perform the task previously mention.

Trophy Garden for enc slot 6
0.*While backlot dont see ditto capture a pokemon and save.
1. Enter the game at 23:59 and wait till its 00:00
2 See if back backlot sees a ditto
* If he sees the ditto, save in the garden
* If he don't see ditto, save the game and repeat step 1 and 2 until he see ditto, then save in the garden when he does see ditto.
3. change your ds date to the target date and save but make so that the time do not make the date rollover

This step may take a while since there are few garden pokemon and appear in the garden at random. Also to your question, enter on a specific date will not determine a trophy garden pokemon. Only the change in time and some random generation will randomly choose a trophy garden pokemon.

I also ask does ditto have to be timid because the seed you have does not have the desired iv spread for a pokemon (in this case ditto) that will appear in encounter slot 6. If you absolutely want to use that seed, then you will have to do the following steps.

Trophy Garden for enc slot 7
0.*While backlot dont see ditto capture a pokemon and save.
1. Enter the game at 23:59 and wait till its 00:00
2. Repeat step one until backlot sees a ditto.
3. Once backlot see a ditto save.
4. Do step 1 only once to change from ditto to another pokemon, and save in the garden.
5. change your ds date to the target date and save but make so that the time do not make the date rollover

This should make ditto move from encounter slot 6 to encounter slot 7.

And this is the steps you should perform
1. In rngreporter, select method J with a timid sync.
2. Take note of frame 81
* The number of advance is
advancement = target frame -# of roamers - 2
if you have no roaming pokemon you should do
79 advancements but 79 is not even so you will have to do
78/2 page flips which is 39 page flips and either advance the frame by one by using chatot or walking or turning only once and then sweet scenting.
3. Try to hit your seed, when you do, perform the necessary advancements.

*Note, unless your game is weird like my Sweet Scent may advance your frame by 1 or 2, should be 2 since it dppt. Unless ditto was a previous day trophy garden pokemon, it should be in encounter slot 6 but your game may put ditto in encounter slot 7. You will to see if you get ditto or the previous trophy garden pokemon when hit your frame.

.................. I did what you said, and I got another "perfect" Kricketune. What could have possibly happened ivs and nature are right, it's just that it's another Kricketune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH! Someone Fix it! Find out what might of gone wrong. Rng reporter says it's slot 7, so why would Kricketune appear in slot 7 instead of Ditto???? This happened last time I tired too! This doesn't even make sense Backlot is talking about Clefairy now, and Ditto was the day before so it's only natural for Ditto to be in slot 7...

Edit: This http://www.eggmove.com/encounterplat.htm says Kricketune only appears in slot 2 or 3. Ugh, this doesn't make any sense. Please Help.

.................. I did what you said, and I got another "perfect" Kricketune. What could have possibly happened ivs and nature are right, it's just that it's another Kricketune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH! Someone Fix it! Find out what might of gone wrong. Rng reporter says it's slot 7, so why would Kricketune appear in slot 7 instead of Ditto???? This happened last time I tired too! This doesn't even make sense Backlot is talking about Clefairy now, and Ditto was the day before so it's only natural for Ditto to be in slot 7...

Edit: This http://www.eggmove.com/encounterplat.htm says Kricketune only appears in slot 2 or 3. Ugh, this doesn't make any sense. Please Help.
Try 40 journal flips instead of 41 and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)